The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,141
Views: 2,141
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This question stems from the lengthy (and somewhat combative) "Producers Owned Studios the Way Forward?" thread. ...

David Herbert
replies: 35 views: 2,938
heinz 12th February 2005

Hi people jkthtyrt Is there a reason to chain : SPDIF ->D/A/D->Digital recorder instead of simply SPDIF->...

chillthevibe
replies: 1 views: 1,233
atticus 11th February 2005

I need a longer snake to track from another room, what is a reasonable length that wouldn't cause degredation?...

frist44
replies: 0 views: 1,736
frist44 11th February 2005

My how I love my 900 series. BUT, . . . I have a 905 eq that has wigged out. The low freq gain adjustment acts as an overall...

gregwat
replies: 0 views: 3,068
gregwat 11th February 2005

What I would really like is something that accepts 4 spdif inputs and converts to a single ADAT output. Is there even such a...

fraz
replies: 12 views: 1,994
matucha 11th February 2005

Hey gang howdy Just wondering what different peoples approach to using room mics on drums is. I love squashing 'em with an...

Prickstein
replies: 24 views: 2,995
kraftrourke 11th February 2005

Hey Folks howdy Been busy for the last couple of years doin records for everyone else but now it's time to work on my own...

Prickstein
replies: 27 views: 3,160
DirkB 11th February 2005

Ok, i'm pretty new at this. I want to know what the best way to mic a male singer who plays acoustic guitar. How to get...

blake1
replies: 18 views: 3,217
yeloocproducer 11th February 2005
replies: 12 views: 1,840
springs 11th February 2005

I am looking for monitors and have up to $1300 MAX. My mix room is very small (second bedroom) with 703/705 on walls and I want...

kid
replies: 14 views: 2,160
lclyman 11th February 2005

Ok, the Patriots won another Superbowl and I realy should be happy but to be honest, I would have preferred to see Studio's like...

C.Lambrechts
replies: 5 views: 1,443
woodworm 11th February 2005

Hey folks, Go to the link below and click on Yardstick comparison list (it's a PDF)...

Yutaka
replies: 8 views: 1,566
stardustmedia 11th February 2005

is the non-mastering version fairly easy to recall ?? Are the buttons detent ?? Thanks

vudoo
replies: 1 views: 917
NathanEldred 11th February 2005

anyone know a good place to order/buy one in usa...?

spherop
replies: 1 views: 1,445
tINY 11th February 2005

Hi: I know this is a personal question and can be dependent on a number of scenarios including room and mic choice, but i was...

James Guitar
replies: 4 views: 1,115
ray dsr 11th February 2005

I have never had a headphone amp, but I am in need of one now. What professional brands are there? I am looking for 4-6 or more...

Mad John
replies: 19 views: 5,283
Pohaku 11th February 2005

Well, i rented the NSEQ-2 for a week and must say i really dig it. What a difference from using plug-ins on the 2-buss. I...

vudoo
replies: 0 views: 832
vudoo 11th February 2005

Just checked a mix i'm working on in mono.....the whole friggin' thing collapsed. The real culprit is a stereo piano track. It's...

Phil Aiken
replies: 7 views: 6,500
wags3d 11th February 2005

One of my racks houses 3 Class A double space pieces of gear. These thing generate a lot of heat and as I can't relocate them I'm...

Phil Buckle
replies: 0 views: 1,187
Phil Buckle 11th February 2005

I have a Hafler amp powering a passive set of monitors. For those using a power amp, is there an ideal volume level to set the...

frist44
replies: 0 views: 1,133
frist44 10th February 2005

I know this isn't really 'gear' related but those of you working in film or video probably know this. And...Do reels of tape...

Way Of The Heart
replies: 13 views: 1,436
tINY 10th February 2005

I'm mainly a graphic designer with some jingle work going, too. While it's true that every industry is unique (especially the...

Slim Volume
replies: 16 views: 3,168
Vermeer 10th February 2005

Hey guys Is and optical toslink cable I find at an electronics store capable of adat lightpipe? Or is it limited to 2...

Inner Light
replies: 3 views: 1,083
Synth80s 10th February 2005

Man, Just watched the U2 jammed at the Brooklyn bridge special at MTV and people, there is still hope for musicboing hooppie...

DirkB
replies: 5 views: 1,089
Ruphus 10th February 2005

..by that I mean Emasters..looks like Soundmasters have started doing between session mastering on a budget via ftp in the UK....

adam_w
replies: 0 views: 1,523
adam_w 10th February 2005

One of my NS-10s took a fall off the meter bridge and it's given me a moment to think about whether I should just replace it with...

ttauri
replies: 0 views: 892
ttauri 10th February 2005

I am very curious about some of the older and curent Sony mics. I have scoured the archives here and at other forums but am still...

C/G
replies: 5 views: 1,847
De chromium cob 10th February 2005

There are a number of insightful and inspiring Signature lines and quoteable one liners (or 2 liners!) that come and go from...

lucey
replies: 0 views: 2,036
lucey 10th February 2005

i know it would'nt be a cake walk, but i'm just trying to get an idea of what someone could expect if they got the word out on a...

robocop
replies: 0 views: 945
robocop 10th February 2005

Does anyone know where I can buy one of the these? I'm not looking for the vintage re rack. Want to buy one of the new AMI...

heals
replies: 3 views: 1,382
C/G 10th February 2005

Who knows of any gear that has a rise time feature like the Groove Tubes Vipre? If no other piece has it, how hard would it be to...

EngineEars
replies: 5 views: 1,911
jbuntz 10th February 2005

Hi, I'm selling my dynaudio monitor (BM 15A) to a client. They are excellent monitor but I want to change them for some...

salvator
replies: 24 views: 2,797
matucha 10th February 2005

Seeing as it's a new year, we thought we'd have a little spring clean and had a look around the place checking out what needed a...

adam_w
replies: 0 views: 739
adam_w 10th February 2005

While thinking about the fact that downloads are now going to be merged with the singles charts, I thought I'd have a look...

BevvyB
replies: 4 views: 2,145
massimo 10th February 2005

I just heard that Enterprise is officially closing. I wonder where Dave P is gonna land? He was scoping out Conway the other day,...

jonnyclueless
replies: 11 views: 2,207
daniel c 10th February 2005
replies: - views: -
Bren 10th February 2005

Dear Gentlemen, since I am in the " upgrade - buy something new" reign, I was looking at the presonus centralstation...

MarkS
replies: 42 views: 4,122
A101 10th February 2005

Hi everyone, It has been some time (5 years) since I have had the chance to record the grand piano in my folks house!...

Mad John
replies: 3 views: 1,528
Mad John 10th February 2005

Is it just me, or have they captured the early-mid 70's British rock sound? Are they for real, or are they just riding the...

MAProTulz
replies: 9 views: 1,301
FMNYC 10th February 2005

In my opinion Gear Slutz has had an amazing run since the new year. The special forum on How To Make Money, the new forum on Big...

David Herbert
replies: 12 views: 2,072
Jules 10th February 2005

Anyone have knowledge on the minimum "Optimal Resolution" for a computer screen should have if you wanted to get into...

nukmusic
replies: 1 views: 1,024
Marshall Simmons 10th February 2005

I currently have two NEC LCD1700v monitors, I need something similar. What's a current market equivalent (or better?)

StuartMac
replies: 10 views: 1,430
Yutaka 9th February 2005

you like? you don't? just curious. FM FM... liberating the world from the tyranny of malt, one shot of scotch at a...

FMNYC
replies: 11 views: 1,391
Bang 9th February 2005

McDSP finally released on XP. Shane

Shan
replies: 2 views: 1,386
gem 9th February 2005

Lately I've come to realize that through the last few years I've been on a crazy race buying more and more equipment not even...

sofa
replies: 5 views: 1,336
[email protected] 9th February 2005

Looks fly.... http://www.glw.com/2005/trion.html

Lindell 2nd
replies: 17 views: 5,066
Fleaman 9th February 2005

i was wondering how they sound compared to ad16x? converter upgrade is next thing for me so any info will be...

gem
replies: 0 views: 946
gem 9th February 2005

hello there . me and a friend are trying to build a project studio . now we have already : 2 liquid channels 2 isa 428 dbx...

orpheus
replies: 0 views: 1,044
orpheus 9th February 2005

So everybody seems to be in agreement that the big studios are either struggling or going under for lots of reasons. This is...

JohnDoh
replies: 8 views: 2,015
C.Lambrechts 9th February 2005

Here's what I need and am planning on purchasing so far: 1. 16 channels of A/D to be covered by the Apogee AD-16x 2. 6-8...

coreman
replies: 3 views: 1,023
coreman 9th February 2005

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search