The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm looking for a little advice- I am about to build a workstation, and I'm trying to way out the pros and cons of each option. ...

cbgb-nyc
replies: 2 views: 1,594
max cooper 7th October 2005

is it worth putting a higher quality A/D converter in front of my masterlink? or is my money better spent on my front end (pres/...

xiandishinger
replies: 5 views: 1,472
sordeli 7th October 2005

Feel free to move this thread if it's in the wrong forum... I'm in Atlanta until Saturday and was just wondering if what...

Telecastr
replies: 11 views: 1,324
Curlymon 6th October 2005

Please visit my other thread under : Shoot the breeze - It is titled: Why are you here I am curious

leftunknown
replies: 2 views: 788
leftunknown 6th October 2005

so what is the latest consensus? in the range of 1800-2500 for 2 channels A/D D/A what is "the best"...

eligit
replies: 18 views: 1,670
jdunn 6th October 2005

Greetings Slutz, I'm looking into getting a stereo pre to fatten up my soft-synths. I was looking into maybe an MP2NV or a...

azwun25
replies: 10 views: 1,278
dynomike 6th October 2005

Anyone have a link where I could learn a bit more about the different sound characteristics of these different cone...

Way Of The Heart
replies: 2 views: 3,633
Way Of The Heart 6th October 2005

Hi guys - I post on a couple of other forums under different names, but I knew you would be the people to ask on this...

Nik Keefe
replies: 5 views: 1,946
Nik Keefe 6th October 2005

Hello all, I'm new to these forums and wasn't sure if this was the correct place to post this but here goes. I recently Picked up...

HiRaX
replies: 3 views: 2,789
HiRaX 6th October 2005

i am building up gear for our new studio, slowly but surely. what do you all think, should i go with a lunchbox full of 512s...

mesh boogie
replies: 2 views: 1,193
mesh boogie 6th October 2005

I'm about to break down and get an mp3 player. I will be using it biking and some in the car as well.I want one with FM radio...

Saucyjack
replies: 12 views: 1,461
theblue1 6th October 2005

I just did sound for Lou Barlow tonight, and to my pleasent surprise, he travels with a Copperphone which he uses for vocals. I...

Jetblack
replies: 4 views: 2,063
Meriphew 6th October 2005

I've decided on selling my Avalon 737 and I would like to get something that has comparable capabilities of the 737sp i.e....

gb-jazz
replies: 9 views: 1,096
songman 6th October 2005

Hi guys, good to be here, and for the first time after the company move from Seattle to Gaylord/KS TAB-Funkenwerk will show...

oliver archut
replies: 2 views: 1,067
jetboatguy 6th October 2005

Hi there everyone... I'm getting ready to buy my first ProTools LE rig, (been on Logic and Cubase for years). Going to get...

kace
replies: 0 views: 1,090
kace 6th October 2005

Just a little more to the guy who was asking about these pres: When I was looking into the re-issue of the Helios Type 69 I...

Marlowe
replies: 5 views: 2,459
RoundBadge 6th October 2005

I am wondering what they will be like.

T_R_S
replies: 1 views: 2,481
beechstudio 6th October 2005

Had a nice band in today; did some recording, then some editing: pulled up gain with audiosuite on a region, one of the band...

andre tchmil
replies: 15 views: 1,635
MusicSh*tty 6th October 2005

I've just downloaded quicktime 7, in the hopes of being able to save a drum loop that i;ve found online, but Apple has changed...

Umlaaat
replies: 1 views: 786
max cooper 6th October 2005

I borrowed an original Kurzweil 250 from a freind to do some tracks with. I really like the sound of this thing, but as it turns...

johnjm22
replies: 2 views: 1,086
johnjm22 6th October 2005

im considering purchase of yamaha i88x, but there seem to be some problems with playback (for regular application) in win xp if...

nick_valensi
replies: 5 views: 1,191
junior 6th October 2005

Hey I just read a review of the BOSS GT-8 Processor, and it SOUNDS great in the review. Of course, I'm reluctant to put too much...

Mr. Boston
replies: 4 views: 1,876
Mario-C. 6th October 2005

144 max SPL 7dBA self noise $1250 list boing http://aes.harmony-central.com/119AES/Content/Gefell/PR/M950.html

cdog
replies: 0 views: 1,810
cdog 6th October 2005

Thank god I asked you guys first before I got that crappy ($1500) console. I got a Vintech X73 and it is already paying...

AustinAaron
replies: 7 views: 2,116
CorkyTart 6th October 2005

Hi, I'm running a pair of 1/4" cables out of the line outputs of my mbox to my monitors. The problem is, I need to be...

dangeorge6
replies: 2 views: 2,071
warhead 6th October 2005

I'll be doing runs of 2k copies/ dvd and audio. I've used alot of the standards.... discmakers etc. Just wondering if there is a...

cajonezzz
replies: 2 views: 1,105
cajonezzz 6th October 2005

cooge £170 for a 15" sub with 5.1 capabilities has got to be worth a look! Does anybody have any experience of...

Messiah
replies: 9 views: 4,086
Waxed 6th October 2005

I tried to do a search, but since I put "THE mics" I got 57,000 results. apparently everyone uses the word...

dj_who
replies: 6 views: 1,952
Cornvalley 5th October 2005

Hey guys.. I'm kinda green to this so I thought maybe you guys could give me some advice. I just got done doing an artist...

nemisis633
replies: 7 views: 1,243
button 5th October 2005

I was about to transfer various recordings made on analog tape (1/4" cassette consumer type) when I realized that monitoring...

Lek
replies: 18 views: 2,446
Jay Kahrs 5th October 2005

I'll be firing up the demo next week on a mixing project. I'm just wondering how the uad users are liking it after the new car...

The dman
replies: 5 views: 2,412
The dman 5th October 2005

Anyone use these when they're on the move? http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/acatalog/Roll_Up_Rubber_Keyboards.html Bev

BevvyB
replies: 0 views: 1,138
BevvyB 5th October 2005

Hello- I have really started to enjoy doing vocals in the controll room, and alot of bands that I look to stylistically and like...

tubesandteles
replies: 13 views: 6,083
zakco 5th October 2005

Hi , is there any differences in sound quality and separation of elements between the spdif and aes/ebu ? assuming the cables...

erwinor
replies: 10 views: 4,493
kendog 5th October 2005

So what kind of mics are those in front of Mr. President when he's doing the press confrences? The black stereo pair.

David Lee
replies: 9 views: 2,607
Jim Williams 5th October 2005

Hey all, I'm shopping around for a VA synth and at the moment the Alesis Ion seems to be the best option in my price range....

NickL
replies: 6 views: 3,602
NickL 5th October 2005

Last night I did what I often do after a bottle and a half of Aussie Shiraz - I get a couple of CDs out that I haven't listened...

recky
replies: 16 views: 3,341
recky 5th October 2005

My plans to go to my first AES convention have been bamboozled. hjghfgg Can we keep this thread near the top so that...

True North
replies: 5 views: 1,090
Rep 5th October 2005

Ok I have a nice little Pro Tools setup in my house. Just wondering your thoughts on an issue. Ok I usually mic my guitar amps...

Ravendmb1
replies: 3 views: 1,931
Kenny Gioia 5th October 2005

What do you guys know about this? i notice that when I mix in different rooms or on Different monitors my reverb levels seem to...

Switchcraft
replies: 19 views: 2,368

Do i can use Motu interfaces ( 24 i/o ) on protools to save money, instead of buying 2 PT 192i/o plus expansion cards ? I want 24...

anne_paranoid
replies: 4 views: 1,082

Hi all, After much research and after trying out several mics I have decided to go down the Gefell alley. Just loved the sound...

Mattsson
replies: 1 views: 2,042
mr.gefell 4th October 2005

Anyone have experience with the following: Will an SM57 sound as good (accurate) as a Beta98 or a Beta56? Are the Betas worth...

Shaft
replies: 8 views: 1,127
Shaft 4th October 2005
replies: 15 views: 2,629
kungfugeek 4th October 2005

Well, this is a new one on me. As readers of my recent posts will recall, I'm rewiring my studio rack to handle stereo...

AjD
replies: 8 views: 1,206
AjD 4th October 2005

Can anyone provide me with 1 pass for the AES or leave a name at the door wworried please .

Syki
replies: 5 views: 974
Syki 4th October 2005

I need to book an hour or two at a NYC based studio with Samplitude 7.x or greater and a DAT machine. I need to do this...

NathanEldred
replies: 0 views: 881
NathanEldred 4th October 2005

Hey Guys, I have a really newbie question... How can I mult out snare, kick and toms to a stereo compressor, and back into 2...

Gregg
replies: 10 views: 1,247
Gregg 4th October 2005

Two bulls are on top of a hill looking down at a herd of cows. The younger bull snorts, stamps his hoof and says “let’s run...

Michael Brauer
replies: 21 views: 6,374
BattleAngel 4th October 2005

I just ran in my local music shop and got a vtb-1 mic pre...... Since it was a floor model, the dude had to give me another...

beatzz
replies: 9 views: 1,561
MAProTulz 4th October 2005

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search