The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

RE: Has anyone managed to upload a custom avatar on this new forum yet? I am unsure if something is disabled on the admin side...

Jules
replies: 34 views: 2,068
PlugHead 24th September 2005

Still mixing synths on my 80's Soundcraft 200SR 24/4/2. What channel modules from other boards work in this desk? I'm...

synthcity
replies: 2 views: 4,846
synthcity 24th September 2005

Since I'm the only gal I think I've ever seen on Gearslutz (is this partially due to the duragatory term "slutz" as...

GS
replies: 22 views: 1,845
True North 24th September 2005

On ebay right now there is this BIAMP MAXXAM mixer. Looks to be a good one, although a bit pricy for an older model. Unless...

Unknown soldier
replies: 0 views: 1,364
Unknown soldier 24th September 2005

I was given a Pair of Langevin Passive Filters from the studio i work at. I asked if i could take them home and get them...

x.cerveau
replies: 1 views: 914
blackbox 24th September 2005

I had a chance to pick up 2 Fairchild 663 Compressors. Wondering If anyone has worked with them. What should I expect? I got them...

BJohnston
replies: 1 views: 3,252
jdg 24th September 2005

hi. i'm an AES virgin this being my first one (i'll be volunteering during it so i'll be able to get a free pass to the whole...

elder rookie
replies: 16 views: 1,149
ricknaqvi 24th September 2005

Nice to see how good those RE-50s sound even in very high wind....

blesscurse
replies: 0 views: 941
blesscurse 24th September 2005

Then .... Wow ! he had just gotten a new SSL 9000 and now it looks like he replaced it with a 32 fader Digi...

Sobe
replies: 21 views: 2,798
rickrock305 24th September 2005

I'm looking at the Fostex HD MR8 thing, the one with the 40 GB hard-drive. Anyone got any heads-up type info about why I should...

Sloom
replies: 2 views: 1,129
Sloom 24th September 2005

Hey all, Here's the situation. I would like to sit at my monitoring station, and play electric guitar thru an amp located 30...

AjD
replies: 2 views: 1,629
Jay Kahrs 24th September 2005

Looks very promising, a firmware update to allow you to use the units as standalone mic pres now...

RichT
replies: 0 views: 831
RichT 24th September 2005

Im gonna be recording some rock drums here in the next couple weeks. The room is pretty big horizontally but the ceilings are...

rynugz007
replies: 19 views: 2,088
TonyBelmont 23rd September 2005

Hi, First a description of what I do. Most of the time it's mixing (ITB) with UAD-1's and other plugs. At other times I also...

papiel
replies: 4 views: 1,215
papiel 23rd September 2005

Hi, trying to mix a track here. Because of the hat bleed in the snare mic I'm trying to use the OH and room mic as the main...

snedley
replies: 5 views: 2,575
Jay Kahrs 23rd September 2005

I've used two new and very nice Dell laptops over the past couple months for recording and there are a number of problems that I...

dhughes
replies: 2 views: 778
dhughes 23rd September 2005

hi a lot of people are talking about the joemeek sc2 is quite good for drums so i tried one , but i cannot handle the...

mittebewohner
replies: 1 views: 772
mittebewohner 23rd September 2005

Hi all... Okay I know that we would all like to work in a huge mix room with all the toys but moving in the other direction......

not_so_new
replies: 3 views: 1,807
NathanEldred 23rd September 2005

What's the best way to keep records of gear for insurance? I just started scanning my receipts so I have an electronic backup...

drockfresh
replies: 9 views: 1,402
John Suitcase 23rd September 2005

DI Boxes

Hi all, I am looking into purchasing a DI box to run bass and guitar through. I am looking at the following units: Radial,...

JMURRAY16
replies: 35 views: 3,441
Charlie-O 23rd September 2005

Hi Fellow Slutz, I just picked up a used Sony A7 DAT machine from ebay. It arrived in perfect shape and powers up fine but...

Kyle Ashley
replies: 3 views: 2,194
jhg 23rd September 2005

Are those compressors the same, do they have the same sound? if not, which one would be best for drums (punchy &...

dimme3
replies: 6 views: 8,400
mittebewohner 23rd September 2005

Yeeeeeeeeahhhhhh! I'm doing drums at a sample rate of...ummm...51.35 (44.1 session) Cooooooool. boing

Gregg Sartiano
replies: 6 views: 1,485
Gregg Sartiano 23rd September 2005

Anyone know off hand? Since Project One closed, I don't where to find stuff like that anymore aside from ordering it online.

DC11
replies: 6 views: 2,119
soundmoves 23rd September 2005

What are the best Recording Studios in NYC !?! List away Slutz jummpp

Nerve Nickels
replies: 49 views: 8,182
ajcamlet 23rd September 2005

I've got about 1300 Usd to spend on a preamp. I want one with compression built in, now Im using Tl Audios Fat 2. Im gonna use it...

RobDex
replies: 6 views: 1,613
Joost 23rd September 2005

Hi there The DNA1 is a 19 inch 2HU unit for state of the art denoising / decrackling / declicking / ambience processing...

weiss2496
replies: 1 views: 2,988
Lindell 23rd September 2005

I've been tracking this awesome indie band for the last two days, getting some great stuff and have all the tracking done. The...

everybody's x
replies: 15 views: 1,015
elder rookie 23rd September 2005

I've got an ADK TC mic, and would like to upgrade the cable from the mic to the power supply. Does Mogami make this cable? Is is...

JeffSanders
replies: 5 views: 2,103
mikey 23rd September 2005

Been a while since I popped in here, but I'm in the market for the Roland V-Pro drum kit with the TD-20 module. I've found a...

guittarzzan
replies: 1 views: 776
David Lee 23rd September 2005

I picked up a Neumann U89i off of eb*y, and was quite happy with it, getting better recordings of my upright and room tones than...

darjama
replies: 10 views: 1,648
XSergeantD 23rd September 2005

i can only find this kit on the web. it's in australia, and i kinda need some kits now :) plus i'm not even sure how it...

cedric
replies: 7 views: 1,577
cedric 23rd September 2005

Hi I need a DI box for recording bass guitar, analog synths and perhaps some rhythm guitar. I do not want to pay more than...

monsterz
replies: 5 views: 1,438
Riad 22nd September 2005

I am new to the site, and wanted to see what it was all about, so I guess that would make this my introduction

leftunknown
replies: 9 views: 1,538
tidalbomb 22nd September 2005

Fletcher...will there be a poker table at the Mercenary booth this year??? Daddy needs a new pair of compressors!!!

jomo1234
replies: 0 views: 641
jomo1234 22nd September 2005

Hi could anybody tell me if its possible to put all mic inputs (from preamps) on the patchbay? what about the 48V while...

pete
replies: 8 views: 1,973
Berolzheimer 22nd September 2005

Whats it like? I've heard that since the closing of hit factory everything has kinda been going downhill...please correct me if...

Lord Fear
replies: 25 views: 1,901
jomo1234 22nd September 2005

I'm going to a studio with trouble setting up two Fireface's, I myself only have one so I'm not sure of the potential pot-holes....

pherson
replies: 0 views: 1,497
pherson 22nd September 2005

I've been reading up on the Antelope Audio Isochrone for a while now. I was wondering if anyone can shed some more light on the...

Slaytex
replies: 1 views: 1,540
djui5 22nd September 2005

I realize that John Hardy is more transparent, but if you had to choose one, and that would be your only vocal set up, which...

Bradahman
replies: 0 views: 921
Bradahman 22nd September 2005

Hey everyone. How many times can you play the "Quizz" in the contest? It says if you want to play again just click!...

Snatchman
replies: 6 views: 1,157
I Lurk 22nd September 2005

Hi I’m about buying a Frontier Designs Tranzport. I would use it with PT 24 mix + (6.4.1) on a Mac OS 10.3.7. I know...

blueman
replies: 3 views: 713
blueman 22nd September 2005

Doin film score stuff on giga, using VSL samples usually. I'm running everything completely dry to the final busses by section....

natpub
replies: 7 views: 841
gwailoh 22nd September 2005

Tom, I answered your question concerning tight dance kick sounds, but the thread has been closed, by the time I wanted to...

Billster
replies: 12 views: 10,762
Tom Sigmond 22nd September 2005

How many of you actually went to school for this? I'm currently an NYU music technology major, and I can't help but think that...

JackInslee
replies: 40 views: 5,056
Infernal Device 22nd September 2005

I've had enough of inflated UK prices so i'm gonna order my rosetta 200 and x firewire expansion from the states. I've imported...

goldphinga
replies: 15 views: 1,096
goldphinga 22nd September 2005

How would the 78 sound with a Shure SMB7. Would there be enough gain? Thank you

Bradahman
replies: 1 views: 719
Art Johan 22nd September 2005

In the past I have used a Crown D-150 and recently a Rane, 75 watts per side. It's fried and time to be replaced. In this world...

leon
replies: 11 views: 2,573
respirator 22nd September 2005

So I saw a while back in the boards that there is speculation about having to dither to 24 bits on your mix in Pro Tools LE...

superburtm
replies: 4 views: 646
superburtm 22nd September 2005

My usual guy is on vacation for a few weeks, so I'll be up for quite awhile mastering myself. I'm not a mastering guy, but I...

DC11
replies: 13 views: 1,206
superburtm 22nd September 2005

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search