The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Ok so here is good one...This looks cool. However I cannot find out any info about the way the 5000 series sounds compared to the...

pigpen
replies: 23 views: 4,493
Reptil 8th October 2005

Im about to order some Rock wool for Acoutic treatment and improvement. I will use it for DIY Bass Traps and HF+HM...

Jorg
replies: 18 views: 4,150
denial 8th October 2005

My professor in my recording program at my college here has some bux to spend on some really great tube pres. He was thinking...

Jonk
replies: 13 views: 2,459
RoundBadge 8th October 2005

I plan to experiement a lot, but I have some new gear on the way so I'm wondering if I can get some quick opinions on...

DavidKmusic
replies: 0 views: 1,028
DavidKmusic 8th October 2005

We will start mixing my band's first project soon after the guitar and keyboard overdubs are finished. I have never mixed just...

C/G
replies: 7 views: 1,222
squeegybug 8th October 2005

Does anyone have a recall sheet for a TG Channel MKII EMI Special Edition. It hasen't been out too long; thought it may be...

[email protected]
replies: 0 views: 851
[email protected] 8th October 2005

I'm headed to AES tomorrow morning (SAT) and am looking for anyone that might have an extra pass. I could meet you first thing...

tedpenn
replies: 0 views: 775
tedpenn 8th October 2005

Can anyone recommend some good cable for studio use for instruments (guitar/bass). Unbalanced please, not quad, EASY to prep...

faeflora
replies: 8 views: 1,302
squeegybug 8th October 2005

Can you use the sans amp bass driver as a D-I and plug it in the pre amp ( Neve) ? What bass D-I would you recomend for this ?

seb37000
replies: 1 views: 847
seb37000 8th October 2005

I felt there not enough PT 7 treads so I would start another one.!!!! bumpkin Now I have to go change my Avitar now.....

T_R_S
replies: 0 views: 867
T_R_S 8th October 2005

Greetings. I did a search here, but didn't come up with much. Has anyone used or heard the Red Type B, go...

kevk
replies: 10 views: 1,457
7 Hz 8th October 2005

This is one of those questions that there is probably no right answer to, and maybe it's even pointless to ponder, but it is...

dhughes
replies: 32 views: 4,998
JP11 8th October 2005

Curious when people start using verbs in their mix. Right away, or do you waite untill the levels are good, and eq's are all...

Gordon -10
replies: 3 views: 1,216
u b k 8th October 2005

Pictures look really familiar and the seller hasn't had feedback since 2000....

robmix
replies: 62 views: 4,806
Marjan 7th October 2005

Hi all, Just out of curiosity, i was wondering how much drum editing you guys do on most pop record. Do you automatically...

vudoo
replies: 46 views: 4,241
JP11 7th October 2005

O.K., I lost the fuse & fuse cap for the +48v circuit in my Mercenary Iron Works 2-space Neve power supply/ rack. There's no...

Gregg Sartiano
replies: 0 views: 789
Gregg Sartiano 7th October 2005

Thrillfactor, I stumbled across some old post when doing a search for something and you wrote briefly about using PCM42's as verb...

gainreduction
replies: 6 views: 3,228
thethrillfactor 7th October 2005

Rick Rubin

I see he's now working with both Neil Diamond and Dixie Chicks sessions. THIS should make for some interesting new recordings.

thenoodle
replies: 33 views: 7,625
leftunknown 7th October 2005

Hi guys, Interesting offering for all you mastering engineers out there! http://www.ams-neve.com/html/products/88m.php ...

MGA
replies: 11 views: 1,570
stardustmedia 7th October 2005

Hey Slutz, I'm in a new band. We'd like to acquire some kind of 4-track or 8-track that can record up to 4 simultaneous...

Mr. Boston
replies: 1 views: 1,081
NetworkAudio 7th October 2005

Can anbody shed any light on the album 'Free the Bees' by the Bees? I know it was recorded at somewhere called abbey road but any...

chimpleton
replies: 9 views: 1,295
not_so_new 7th October 2005

If you had a band that souded like a mix of a modern day Zep and soundgarden and budget was not a issue what console would you...

superburtm
replies: 34 views: 2,426
thethrillfactor 7th October 2005

Guess that I was on-to something all along ? fuuck " ADAM AUDIO S4V-A MARK II Priced the same as the original...

Rep
replies: 1 views: 2,467
Rep 7th October 2005

Hello, It is one thing to buy and amass tons of outboard effects unit, but it's another to be able to hook 'em all up. Most...

Local 47
replies: 9 views: 3,154
AnalogUniverse 7th October 2005

looking for the rig and bass set up the pros use for rock.... i'm talking godsmack, 3 doors down, nickel back, sether,...

sadworld
replies: 41 views: 23,201
7rojo7 7th October 2005

I'm curious about the phenomenon. When it comes to amplification, most people preffer tube amps over solid state. I'm a guitar...

kats
replies: 6 views: 699
kats 7th October 2005

Hi slutz, I got the following offer : two UA 1176 (without stereo link option) for € 2000.- Good deal, bad deal, no deal...

Billster
replies: 0 views: 605
Billster 7th October 2005

I'm looking for recommendations for high quality phono preamps costing up to £500. I need one for sampling, etc. I don't mind...

Steamy Williams
replies: 5 views: 1,425
Steamy Williams 7th October 2005

I have a Tacam DA-30, bought in the mid 80's, which I used to mix down to. After awhile of non-use, I went to play a DAT recently...

Tom C
replies: 2 views: 1,392
Phil Cibley 7th October 2005

I just bought more rack equipments and its driving me nutz having to turn around my argossy console to switch between equipment....

exfakto
replies: 6 views: 2,085
exfakto 7th October 2005

I have inherited some Akai-format samples on CD-ROM. What is the most cost-effective yet great sounding unit for playback? I...

writethis
replies: 6 views: 762
writethis 7th October 2005

I've come across a couple of Sonifex AA-4 NAB cartridges (the ones used for jingles and adds on radio stations back in the good...

lasso
replies: 1 views: 1,484
Thermionic 7th October 2005

Here's a little exercise. If you had to mic a drumkit w/ only small diaphragm condensers, what would you use? large diaphragms?...

JonCraig
replies: 20 views: 4,427
cgarges 7th October 2005

I've been listening back to a pair of acoustic guitars that I tracked for this band whose record I'm working on right now and I...

Matt Grondin
replies: 4 views: 1,330
rectifier 7th October 2005

Does anyone have a link for an SSL XChannel Strip Recall sheet?

[email protected]
replies: 1 views: 992
jmiller 7th October 2005

Quick post before I go to bed - I'll be designing a studio for a friend and am looking for a good acoustician in Columbus Oh or...

Lanstar Zero
replies: 1 views: 1,069
natpub 7th October 2005

I'm looking for a bass for (mostly) studio work and occasional playing live. I'm not a pro bassist, but can handle basic and mid...

rems
replies: 41 views: 4,075
NetworkAudio 7th October 2005

Hello: I’m buying a DI for bass and guitars direct (mostly bass) and also keyboards. I think the menu would be: Tab...

insomnio
replies: 50 views: 3,470
GP_Hawk 7th October 2005

I'm looking for a little advice- I am about to build a workstation, and I'm trying to way out the pros and cons of each option. ...

cbgb-nyc
replies: 2 views: 1,588
max cooper 7th October 2005

is it worth putting a higher quality A/D converter in front of my masterlink? or is my money better spent on my front end (pres/...

xiandishinger
replies: 5 views: 1,468
sordeli 7th October 2005

Feel free to move this thread if it's in the wrong forum... I'm in Atlanta until Saturday and was just wondering if what...

Telecastr
replies: 11 views: 1,319
Curlymon 6th October 2005

Please visit my other thread under : Shoot the breeze - It is titled: Why are you here I am curious

leftunknown
replies: 2 views: 783
leftunknown 6th October 2005

so what is the latest consensus? in the range of 1800-2500 for 2 channels A/D D/A what is "the best"...

eligit
replies: 18 views: 1,666
jdunn 6th October 2005

Greetings Slutz, I'm looking into getting a stereo pre to fatten up my soft-synths. I was looking into maybe an MP2NV or a...

azwun25
replies: 10 views: 1,269
dynomike 6th October 2005

Anyone have a link where I could learn a bit more about the different sound characteristics of these different cone...

Way Of The Heart
replies: 2 views: 3,611
Way Of The Heart 6th October 2005

Hi guys - I post on a couple of other forums under different names, but I knew you would be the people to ask on this...

Nik Keefe
replies: 5 views: 1,941
Nik Keefe 6th October 2005

Hello all, I'm new to these forums and wasn't sure if this was the correct place to post this but here goes. I recently Picked up...

HiRaX
replies: 3 views: 2,780
HiRaX 6th October 2005

i am building up gear for our new studio, slowly but surely. what do you all think, should i go with a lunchbox full of 512s...

mesh boogie
replies: 2 views: 1,185
mesh boogie 6th October 2005

I'm about to break down and get an mp3 player. I will be using it biking and some in the car as well.I want one with FM radio...

Saucyjack
replies: 12 views: 1,453
theblue1 6th October 2005

I just did sound for Lou Barlow tonight, and to my pleasent surprise, he travels with a Copperphone which he uses for vocals. I...

Jetblack
replies: 4 views: 2,061
Meriphew 6th October 2005

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search