The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So I got this new 60gig Ipod and I'm starting to import my cd collection.I've encoded stuff at mp3 160 VBR,AAC 192 VBR and Apple...

PRuthenburg
replies: 3 views: 897
eligit 1st January 2006

They're Rogers. They don't have the big R logo. Is this a scipt logo, making them 60's or early 70's? Anybody know? the...

Jonk
replies: 13 views: 2,029
Jonk 1st January 2006

Similar Threads - to open this - click on the cheverons opposite on the right. Then a list of Similar Threads will be...

Jules
replies: 3 views: 1,918
Phrygian 1st January 2006

I've been experimenting with a ribbon R84 for male vocals as another cool flavor for tunes that call for it. I love the smoothe...

Jonathan Starr
replies: 9 views: 1,382
kevinc 1st January 2006

Hi all, I'm using a box for a speaker with a mic inside it (for sound control, I know no room sound). Anyways, I'm considering...

Coldsnow
replies: 5 views: 1,976
chetatkinsdiet 31st December 2005

What did you do that made your year? New gear, great records, etc. Me?..... Installation of the bathroom, ductles quiet air...

Infernal Device
replies: 55 views: 2,836
Phrygian 31st December 2005

Well, I'm gonna do it... I'm going to move my CR gear into my main live room this weekend... I've been pondering and...

20to20
replies: 10 views: 2,716
Kenny Gioia 31st December 2005

I am trying to achieve really big classic rock/alternative sounds. What is the best way to incorporate transformers into my...

Falken
replies: 4 views: 2,974
NathanEldred 31st December 2005

Hi fellas... I've done a fair amount of searching here and I've also picked a few brains. I'm looking to get some help/input...

Poopypants
replies: 11 views: 1,609
joelpatterson 31st December 2005

I just wondered if any of you have any clue on how much noise different CPUs produce? I noticed this noise recently when I got...

RainbowStorm
replies: 19 views: 1,751
Sqye 31st December 2005

Hello,this is my first post so please excuse this obvious question but could some one direct me to a place I can get info on a...

toastedjam
replies: 3 views: 1,211
Sqye 31st December 2005

Hey guys... got a gig coming up which involves a loud amp and a 4x12 in a small venue abduction Is there anyone out there...

Blast9
replies: 2 views: 1,375
Blast9 31st December 2005

Has anyone heard of Speck Electronics? I just saw some eqs on Vintage King. They look like SSL strips. I'm looking for a...

absrec
replies: 4 views: 3,778
Jules 31st December 2005

I don't think I've ever replied or posted a plugin question so here it goes. Is there an advantage to have both McDSP's...

James Lugo
replies: 8 views: 1,119
ringo.fire 31st December 2005

hey there, first of all i'd like to wish everyone a happy new year, may you achieve all your goals. concerning the...

Alexi
replies: 5 views: 1,151
thethrillfactor 31st December 2005

Since I work from the piano my studio piano is in the control room. Can that affect the acoustics in my room? I mean: 1) Even...

insomnio
replies: 4 views: 1,039
insomnio 31st December 2005

I posted this in Low End yesterday and didn't get any response so i'll try here...I'm pretty sure I can do this but I'm just...

suburbansound
replies: 1 views: 717
smarsland 31st December 2005

I'm wondering what all slutz that have jobs besides recording engineering, are actually doing. Does everyone here have a degree...

Local 47
replies: 113 views: 6,811
drummin4christ 31st December 2005

I have an opportunity to replace my mackie 8-buss with a soundcraft TS-24, 32 channel in line desk, full patchbay. its in...

adamcal
replies: 15 views: 13,899
adamcal 31st December 2005

Looking for opinions. Is it up there with the 300 for longer, smooth verbs ?

Restless
replies: 9 views: 5,676
adamcal 31st December 2005

For Tracking, I mostly record myself, so some flat, closed back headphones would be nice. My Sennheiser HD280's have proven...

Jonk
replies: 1 views: 1,812
RecTeach 31st December 2005

Hey guys! Just bought Jem's Finally Woken and think it's great. The vocal sound is so good I can barely find the words to...

Frequency
replies: 0 views: 720
Frequency 30th December 2005

Guys I dont get caught up in "modelling hype" I would NEVER buy a liquid channel etc... but the variax is interesting....

no ssl yet
replies: 44 views: 4,591
James Lugo 30th December 2005

This is directed to Steve/Crypticglobe, but anyone else who may know feel free to chime in. Here is a quote by Steve from another...

natpub
replies: 3 views: 2,234
dolo 30th December 2005

Got one at the GC a while back but returned it because it was not what I was looking for at the time (but was nice). One of my...

turk sanchez
replies: 14 views: 2,060
joelpatterson 30th December 2005

I'm an old friend of his and have been trying to track him down. If any of you know him and how to contact him, lemme know and...

chetatkinsdiet
replies: 7 views: 1,346
bunnerabb 30th December 2005

I have my 888|24 connected to my DAT via s/pdif.... Well If I hit play then stop I hear noise for about 1 sec then total...

logicll
replies: 7 views: 1,122
logicll 30th December 2005

Need help! Can't get my head around making a midi grid to match the 'feel' of a player. I use Logic Pro?

pro
replies: 2 views: 1,685
Orren 30th December 2005

Thought some of you may find this interesting. mms://wmv.evtv1.com/thetemptations.wmv

jacobq
replies: 25 views: 1,944
patchmonkey 30th December 2005

Has anyone of you experienced the MIDI quantize feature in Nuendo not being accurate enough? When I record MIDI data in Nuendo...

RainbowStorm
replies: 2 views: 1,527
bunnerabb 30th December 2005

Has anyone of you experienced the MIDI quantize feature in Nuendo not being accurate enough? When I record MIDI data in Nuendo...

RainbowStorm
replies: 0 views: 1,604
RainbowStorm 30th December 2005

How many different reverbs do you folks use on a typical song? One to share with vocals and instruments, or separate ones for...

Autocrat
replies: 5 views: 1,161
dokushoka 30th December 2005

Hi I'm trying to mix some drums that I got from a custom drum track recording service. I haven't had much experience doing...

celebritymusic
replies: 1 views: 1,120
No4PCs 30th December 2005

I guess this would be a cool thread for you all to dream up schidt that you wish somebody would make, but doesn't seem to be...

Crushed
replies: 2 views: 929
Crushed 30th December 2005

I understand the difference between an outboard compressor and ITB compressor and the reasons why a good plug-in compressor won't...

feyshay
replies: 5 views: 2,042
feyshay 30th December 2005

Just wondering how much headroom you typically leave at mixdown (for mastering)? McBalls

mcballs
replies: 2 views: 2,992
dsteve 30th December 2005

Any idea what they will sound like on vocals? Anyone got theirs yet?

Beneficial
replies: 9 views: 2,980
Hans Styer 30th December 2005

I currently have (2) Gates Sta Levels. They sound great and of course, they look so cool in the rack :-) I'm on my twice a...

timmcallister
replies: 7 views: 1,740
timmcallister 29th December 2005

has anyone had experience with Taye Drums? I have been thinking about buying a set of their birch drums for recording in my...

aetucker1
replies: 8 views: 1,811
Drumsound 29th December 2005

so I need to head to ye olde local guitar center and pick up a tamborine and a shaker for a power-pop project I am working on. I...

sleep over jack
replies: 30 views: 5,350
sleep over jack 29th December 2005

I do no recording by my PC /computer, so I'm starting off insanely niave. I wat a simple set up so that I can record bsaic...

swankdoc
replies: 5 views: 933
theblue1 29th December 2005

Just a quick question for you guys, I am looking at some new gear in the new year, I plan on getting in no particular order...

Paul Vnuk Jr.
replies: 1 views: 3,088
feyshay 29th December 2005

Thanks for looking. Hope you can help. I am trying to sync a D8b up to A G5 running Logic 6. I am using a Rme Hdsp9652 Card With...

Pots
replies: 0 views: 877
Pots 29th December 2005

who are some of the best makers in various hand drums? what should one look for in getting these type of drums? what about some...

pan60
replies: 8 views: 1,145
Jim Roberts 29th December 2005

What is the secret to that soft smack snare sound I hear so much now. I hear it in lots of indie rock , Emo and Hardcore. An...

opus
replies: 38 views: 14,604
Jules 29th December 2005

I'm looking to replace my HR824's, what would you recommend between the 8050a and the Bm15a? I'm looking to improve the obvious...

Agno
replies: 15 views: 2,390
7rojo7 29th December 2005

I bought a couple of MCI 636 I/O modules on ebay with the thought of racking them. What are folks' thoughts on the stock...

PhantomFiveFive
replies: 6 views: 3,897
PhantomFiveFive 29th December 2005

Merry Christmas all. I`m about to embark on a good sized studio build and I`m trying to work out the rest of the kinks. I...

kevinc
replies: 25 views: 2,539
DannyDay 29th December 2005

Hello, I'm about to part with $2000, and I have three different ideas where to go with this one. By the way, I've been...

Black Seal
replies: 7 views: 1,832
Sqye 29th December 2005

Anyone using one of these? I'm considering picking one up because I think it would really help me with recording. Since I'm doing...

enharmonic
replies: 0 views: 1,622
enharmonic 29th December 2005

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search