The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Possibly a stupid question, but what is a re-mix? I notice some album reviews say that some of the tracks have been...

celebritymusic
replies: 1 views: 696
AlexLakis 6th January 2006

what monitors were the more famous studios using in the 50's and 60's? i'm talking abbey road, sun, chess, motown, etc etc etc. ...

achtung baby
replies: 18 views: 4,916
dbbubba 6th January 2006

Hi guys! Sorry to post this here, but it's driving me nuts and I bet one of you guys can help... I am doing my first serious...

Gregg
replies: 9 views: 1,431
TML 6th January 2006

Listening to a few Neil Diamond records. A bunch of 'em have this quality. "Soolaimon", "I am... I said" in...

max cooper
replies: 5 views: 1,219
max cooper 5th January 2006
replies: 0 views: 2,180
bigdada 5th January 2006

Hey everyone, ive been messing around with recording on my Mac for some time now and i would really like to get serious. Heres my...

[email protected]
replies: 22 views: 1,714
OHA 5th January 2006

I know I know,, totally different and probably not comparable, and I'm a new jack for posting this. That being said, I need a...

Beneficial
replies: 39 views: 3,645
Third Eye 5th January 2006

ulysses, steve, nathan and whoever invented, uses or pimps this new beast, has anyone made experiences with using the rms755 on...

futur2
replies: 2 views: 2,428
futur2 5th January 2006

(I posted this in Music Computers, as well. So you can feel free to remove this, Jules, if you feel it's inapproprate here. Just...

Sqye
replies: 0 views: 1,435
Sqye 5th January 2006

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, sorry to start my posting here with a question that might annoy some people, but I am...

david1103
replies: 15 views: 2,736
shanghaitang 5th January 2006

What is your go-to compressor for electric guitar during tracking and mixing, and how much GR do you do at each stage. Feel free...

JB872
replies: 13 views: 3,671
blackcatdigi 5th January 2006

A couple of mine are Nat King Cole's and the Phil Spector album (no not both together! heh heh) So... What do you guys...

chessparov
replies: 27 views: 3,096
nightchef 5th January 2006

so when the time comes for me to choose a mic i want to be able to compare so i can hear what works best for me. i am mainly...

arpodthegreat
replies: 2 views: 853
arpodthegreat 5th January 2006

I am thinking about buying a tape recorder. I'd like to get a high end mixer and see if i can eliminate relying on the computer...

shanghaitang
replies: 4 views: 2,017
Lou Judson 5th January 2006

The primary purpose of this mic will be pop, r&b, Jazz and Rap vocals. I can't decide...

MSR74
replies: 6 views: 1,580
MSR74 5th January 2006

Anyone interested? Been thinkin about this for quite a while. Nothing where people can show off what great gear they have,...

opentune
replies: 14 views: 2,921
Jules 5th January 2006

Im planning to buy 1 distressor (mono) very soon. It will be my first real peice of outboard gear and feel it is needed to take...

Sirocco
replies: 3 views: 1,744
Sirocco 5th January 2006

Looking for some input on a great stereo compressor for Rock Guitar Subgroups. In consideration are... 2-1176 (or 2...

proxy
replies: 13 views: 1,317
Mike Caffrey 5th January 2006

I do not know what kind this is. It's a sample I got from a a/c company. They said I can get a pack of 4 4 foot by 10 foot...

KurtR
replies: 7 views: 1,674
norman_nomad 5th January 2006

Just curious from a guy with a project studio. Is analog summing only worthwhile if you've got decent DA/AD and a decent mixer?...

joneps
replies: 6 views: 1,063
dbbubba 5th January 2006

Caught this on Frontline last night: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/music/view/

dokushoka
replies: 5 views: 1,016
T_R_S 5th January 2006

I mainly use my studio for producing music and theme songs for television. It's set up great for that. I track through my...

rickyfri
replies: 0 views: 1,130
rickyfri 5th January 2006

Here's a dumb one... on the back of most my gear there is a screw marked ground. Some have two screws and one is connected to...

RecTeach
replies: 0 views: 626
RecTeach 5th January 2006

Hi all: Just wanted to see if anyone has used this device with a PC/Mac and sequencing...

[email protected]
replies: 8 views: 4,407
f_mass_prods 5th January 2006

I'm looking into getting a front ported 2x12 with anything other than celestions: Something punchy, articulate, full-bodied, not...

Blast9
replies: 0 views: 1,104
Blast9 4th January 2006

Many told me flat screens are so nice and convenient, they are so handy and so on. Yeah? But the image quality sucks! First I...

RainbowStorm
replies: 1 views: 1,210
Reptil 4th January 2006

Hi Everyone. I need to pickup a mic attenuator and an external phantom power supply. Was looking at the Shure in-line...

tubeman
replies: 0 views: 2,583
tubeman 4th January 2006

I have a rackmount that has an RNC in it and space for an RNLA, but I don't know if the knobs actually come off as they do with...

jebjerome
replies: 2 views: 785
jebjerome 4th January 2006

I had a general question about recording electric guitars in a rock/blues setting. Generally, we all know thats the more speakers...

Zeppelin4Life
replies: 3 views: 2,415
cdog 4th January 2006

In May I'll be moving both home and (small) studio from California to Florida... any suggestions for minimizing gear breakage? ...

Cool Stuff Labs
replies: 1 views: 668
cdog 4th January 2006

OK, it's no secret but I figured I'd share. About 6 months ago I visited my doctor for a checkup, and the first thing they...

warhead
replies: 50 views: 4,251
RainbowStorm 4th January 2006

Hi! This goes out to my german fellow men: I got two Telefunken W695 Eqs. Now I need a good PSU wich supplies 24 V and round...

HMC
replies: 6 views: 1,810
Reptil 4th January 2006

Why did music become such a slut? Why do they allow boot leggers to sell peoples music on the side of the road? Theres a guy...

vaesion
replies: 59 views: 3,983
RainbowStorm 4th January 2006
replies: 0 views: 611
HudHudson 4th January 2006

hey slutz, i just saw this mic on the german thomann site, i don't work for them so don't flame me, just wanted to let slutz...

Alexi
replies: 9 views: 5,132
andredb 4th January 2006

I am looking to buy a compressor for my home studio, am not looking for something really expencive from $150 - $100. Im...

kreshnik
replies: 0 views: 2,340
kreshnik 4th January 2006

Has anybody tried this route? http://www.hobbytron.com/Synthesized-FM-Stereo-Transmitter-Kit.html I'm thinking that with a...

John Suitcase
replies: 0 views: 1,179
John Suitcase 4th January 2006

Hey guys, I've been offered the chance to buy a couple of used stereo neve preamps pulled from Neve Consoles, the preamps...

Matthew Murray
replies: 0 views: 759
Matthew Murray 4th January 2006

We are in the process of building 15 rack pairs of Sphere 920 graphic equalizers. These are the top of the line Sphere graphics...

Helsing
replies: 4 views: 2,579
Helsing 4th January 2006

I just realized! You can´t really tell by my message count but I am addicted to Gearslutz.com. Someone told me about it last...

sedohr
replies: 16 views: 1,541
Ruphus 4th January 2006

Hi guys, just tried to use my Avalon 747 with tube path and one channel has no signal anymore (or almost no signal). when I...

WunderBro Flo
replies: 5 views: 1,198
theother 4th January 2006

Hey -- got a room here that will be used as a control room, as well as for some tracking. Its 11x12 with a 10 1/2 ft high...

Produce_dept
replies: 5 views: 2,109
Ethan Winer 4th January 2006

I was forced to sell my beloved AD8000SE due to finances. I got 2k for them but will only be about to replace them with the 1k...

howard
replies: 4 views: 1,284
howard 4th January 2006

My current setup is: mic - external pre - external comp - A/D @ O2R console - bus to recorder - monitor recorder return on...

AdAudioInc
replies: 1 views: 1,952
AdAudioInc 4th January 2006

Hi guys, We've got a new thermionic pheonix compressor, and I've got a question about the link switches. The user manual...

Studiocat
replies: 2 views: 721
Fletcher 4th January 2006

Hi everyone, i have a few questions about using compressors in series... I really want to understand how does this work, the...

jessdan
replies: 2 views: 4,378
Fletcher 4th January 2006

Is anyone using pro control fader caps on a command/8? I've heard of a few people doing it. Do they snap right on with no...

macr0w
replies: 1 views: 1,205
macr0w 4th January 2006

Hello, A few days back I asked if anyone had had the chance to compare Adam S1As, Dynaudio BM15As and Quested S8s in action....

SpaceChild
replies: 0 views: 1,466
SpaceChild 4th January 2006

So.. im kinda new to DP 4.6.. and I need to know the most efficient way to trigger drums samples without using midi.. and without...

NikTyler
replies: 3 views: 797
Mark107 4th January 2006

I can pick up an Audio Technica AT3035 for about $90 and wondered how useful it was. Comments fom users? I have a pair of...

dbbubba
replies: 1 views: 1,858
daeve 4th January 2006

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search