The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Does anyone know of any place that makes a rack unit that could accomodate 2 or 4 Seventh Audio units and a power supply? I may...

Almost Human
replies: 0 views: 980
Almost Human 9th February 2006

Hey all, The music at my work (fine dining restaurant) comes off a hard drive system but a lot of it is at different volumes. ...

JSt0rm
replies: 7 views: 4,218
tmcconnell 9th February 2006

I reckon these are gonna be getting th major hard sell at prosumer level pretty soon. The claim to solve all a mixers room...

PapillonIrl
replies: 15 views: 1,746
tINY 9th February 2006
replies: 0 views: 1,163
RadioMoo 9th February 2006

Hey Mix-Mavens, Aside from the usual things one might do to create space for kick and bass to coexist happily (arranging them...

proxy
replies: 2 views: 1,482
Rick Sutton 9th February 2006

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can suggest companies out there that rack mount vintage gear. I have some Decca compressors,...

[email protected]
replies: 3 views: 1,315
allaccess 9th February 2006

Hi, My main LDC which I use for ac. guitars, vocals and other things is a AT4033, I would eventually like to upgrade, I think...

djanogil
replies: 1 views: 1,001
jajjguy 9th February 2006

Don't have any excuse, but I just don't know what an "expander" really does. hidz I fully understand compression,...

Benmrx
replies: 7 views: 2,595
Rick Sutton 9th February 2006

For fun how many of you have worked on a song or album that won a Grammy? Even if it was tracking one part, editing, mastering,...

Earwitness
replies: 2 views: 1,475
Remoteness 8th February 2006

I am going to purchase the OSA 11-space Rack. Eventually I want 8 channels of pre and 3 channels of EQ. I can only...

not like this
replies: 19 views: 1,280
NathanEldred 8th February 2006

at the studio you hear it every day... "dont send phantom to the ribbon mic, it kills them" but what actually happens?...

tsd
replies: 21 views: 2,251
tsd 8th February 2006

What gear are you using that never makes your gearlist? A cheap mic? A toy instrument? I use a Martin Backpacker guitar for...

vodka gimli
replies: 14 views: 2,216
The dman 8th February 2006

WoooooHOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Dig this! My friend's mom just mailed me a 1/4" tape AND an 8mm color film that was from a session...

dbbubba
replies: 4 views: 1,037
dbbubba 8th February 2006

I recently bought a pair of 4038's to go with my Royers and they sound amazing, but when I was trying to mic a piano earlier, I...

Matt Grondin
replies: 16 views: 1,133
Matt Grondin 8th February 2006

sorry for the stupid question.. but I've always been under the impression that it is "mic" short for microphone.....

Guarnanene
replies: 16 views: 2,268
Jules 8th February 2006

(trying this again, cuz it didn't post before) Anyone have one of these I can swipe for a few days to transfer some...

hourglass
replies: 0 views: 942
hourglass 8th February 2006

I have the chance to get a used hafler 9300 or a used bryston 2b (oldest version). My monitors are event studio precision 6,...

Solafide
replies: 5 views: 4,815
Solafide 8th February 2006
replies: - views: -
r0ck1r0ck2 8th February 2006

Is there a consensus on which insurance companies offer good rates on studio gear? Since I no longer own a commercial studio I...

edham
replies: 4 views: 950
midnightsun 8th February 2006

A few questions! -Should i leave the waves L1 on the logicpro master output b4 bouncing to send to mastering or just take it...

goldphinga
replies: 5 views: 1,070
goldphinga 8th February 2006
replies: - views: -
grahluk 8th February 2006

So i'm pretty familiar with dating a gibson just by its serial number, and finding other info as well (though i don't really care...

nathanvacha
replies: 8 views: 1,064
KHAN 8th February 2006

I would like to ask y'all for some advise on studio rates. I will be recording some Podcasts at my place, and I have not really...

kenny_popper
replies: 7 views: 1,511
rapfreak 8th February 2006

Anybody heard this piece in action? It appears to be a 20-bit unit, making me think it's probably a little old, maybe around the...

DeeDrive
replies: 0 views: 749
DeeDrive 8th February 2006

Hi I get very nervous about compressing or eqing vocals on the way in, but I notice from posts that most people have a...

celebritymusic
replies: 14 views: 1,414
Jim Williams 8th February 2006

Hi I would like to get some 'Neveness' in my home studio, but only want a single channel pre to record vocals for my initial...

celebritymusic
replies: 30 views: 5,615
insomnio 8th February 2006

How would you EQ bass in an agressive metal mix ? I mean a big sounding bass with distorsion... I know there are no rules but it...

SLy_drums
replies: 7 views: 20,684
Markus Stock 8th February 2006

can someone explain what dynamic range means with respect to digital converters? and, does a "bigger" dynamic range...

laoded
replies: 0 views: 1,359
laoded 8th February 2006

hi all now that i have got my kick sounds under controll and sounding awesome i was wondering how to get a great tom sound....

ramjet
replies: 27 views: 11,335
Henchman 8th February 2006

It all goes back to James' shootout late last year. That damn Pearlman sample sounded great and pulled me in. I just placed my...

Kyle Ashley
replies: 0 views: 829
Kyle Ashley 8th February 2006

I've read many threads here and elsewhere critiquing the qualities of modern tube equiptment, I gather in most cases with the...

peeceebee
replies: 13 views: 2,335
babysgottheblues 8th February 2006

the band has about $600 to spend on a compressor. mainly to be used on drums and possibly vocals. any suggestions? 2 channels...

jgrif08
replies: 7 views: 1,907
Benmrx 8th February 2006

Here is my current "output" flow chart: Out of Lavry 1&2 > ADAM Sub10 > left/right S2.5a's ok, good...

RecTeach
replies: 3 views: 2,138
Killahurts 8th February 2006

Ok, build me a setup capable of recording an entire band at once using a PC with Vegas. Obviously something with a dual core...

006productions
replies: 6 views: 1,737
KurtR 8th February 2006

Im building a new mic closet and was wondering if anyone had some design ideas. Well, Its actually a mic room. About 6' x...

TXDigi
replies: 2 views: 1,279
True North 8th February 2006

I just had the hi cut mod put on my Pearlman by Dave. Very sweet addition. It helped today with a sibilant singer. It comes stock...

James Lugo
replies: 30 views: 3,590
tubesandteles 8th February 2006

Ok, so I need some assistance with recording techniques used on vocals. In listening to soem albums, I'd like to nail a vocal...

Almost Human
replies: 2 views: 1,050
Almost Human 8th February 2006

Hi I have found an OEM supplier of Nuendo, and was wondering if OEM versions entitle you to support, are able to be...

celebritymusic
replies: 2 views: 869
Pepe Ortega 8th February 2006

Due to family medical reasons i won't be able to record with my band very often. so i want to set up a "bass tracking"...

snaysup
replies: 4 views: 865
cdog 8th February 2006

hi everyone, i noticed that my pre-70 preamps, tube and ss, bleed noise when I tap on them. in other words, if i tap on a preamp...

laoded
replies: 2 views: 1,164
Dan Kennedy 8th February 2006

I'm thinking about buying a friend's RMX16, and I'm a bit confused about it's operation. He lent it to me for a few days to play...

Indrestudios
replies: 4 views: 1,357
peeceebee 8th February 2006

Ok, so hears (pun) the story. No Harsh brittle AD, coming via Blue Sky monitors....sounds good. But there is a few little...

retroz
replies: 11 views: 1,960
echorec 8th February 2006

Well I trolled these forums for a while, than finally got the courage to post. I figured I should introduce myself. My name...

Benmrx
replies: 7 views: 1,042
Benmrx 8th February 2006

Man. I thought this was gonna be easy. I'm looking for an amp plug. Top 40 pop/rock style tracks. I'm running PTLE 6.4 on...

C Heat
replies: 18 views: 2,021
C Heat 8th February 2006

i think i have heard some people say that the whirlwind snakes were no good and I have heard others say they are great. has...

Jeff16years
replies: 3 views: 940
nathanvacha 8th February 2006

does anyone know where I can find Owens Corning 703 or similar stuff in New York??

Chaotic
replies: 20 views: 2,876
OVERNIGHT 7th February 2006

Maybe I am just behind, but I got the new MIX mag today, and good god! Trident console for $3500? TL Audio 16 channel for...

Infernal Device
replies: 1 views: 2,813
Cojo 7th February 2006

...oh, then I can boost 6dB more... boing This might seem a little strange but I just read a post where a guy was telling...

RainbowStorm
replies: 18 views: 1,625
button 7th February 2006

So, I need some tips on using that Waves wide plugin..I tried to use it on the 2-buss but it makes my mix less punchy…hmmmm...

logicll
replies: 16 views: 3,450
logicll 7th February 2006

I was curious about something. When I pick up a record such as Switchfoot's "The beautiful letdown" where 1 song was...

absrec
replies: 8 views: 1,396
nathanvacha 7th February 2006

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search