The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So, what's my next compressor? I am using outboard compression right now mostly for tracking (and I don't compress very much...

Jeff16years
replies: 16 views: 1,855
thethrillfactor 11th May 2006

After a long stint in Vancouver my itchy feet have gotten the best of me. I've got a one year work visa for Austrailia and I...

J-Nich
replies: 24 views: 947
cheeky b 11th May 2006

i'm currently using the A/D card in my isa 428 and connecting via optical to my motu 896. i'm using the 896 solely as a firewire...

dpianomn
replies: 2 views: 997
dpianomn 11th May 2006

I have some questions for everyone to discuss.. first I'd like to say that I used to go to sydney once a year. I went to school...

knerd
replies: 2 views: 329
cheeky b 11th May 2006

I'm not sure if there is anything like this. Anyone? For Mac, a cheap firewire unit with 2 lightpipe ins/outs plus a s/pdif...

thermos
replies: 4 views: 1,015
thermos 11th May 2006

Anyone want to throw out some reasonably priced EQ's... I'm kind of hurting on tracking EQ's. Preferably newer stuff so I can...

Matt Grondin
replies: 16 views: 2,451
Bobalou 11th May 2006

Does anyone on here know the producer Bob Sargeant, or know how I might be able to contact him? chairs

Gorney
replies: 0 views: 1,510
Gorney 11th May 2006

I'm looking for perspective from some of you that hire interns. I'm about a year away from getting my doctorate in biochemistry....

wilkinswp
replies: 23 views: 1,269
wilkinswp 11th May 2006

Fingers crossed for ya!

Jules
replies: 7 views: 1,866
nobtwiddler 11th May 2006

Hey all. While I wait for my new studio space to fall into my lap I'm contemplating some ergonomics issues. I'm going to be using...

Matthew Murray
replies: 5 views: 987
dpianomn 11th May 2006
replies: - views: -
Jules 11th May 2006

I'm hearing more and more stories, I'm sure it works great, but these fradulent transactions worry me greatly. Sooo, who's been...

toolskid
replies: 120 views: 14,195
antiguru 11th May 2006

I've recently experienced a high-pitched buzz/hum when playing through my 65 BFDR. Not the 60 Hz hum. This is around 9KHz...

idphys
replies: 3 views: 1,433
tINY 11th May 2006

Ok Slutz let's raise the bar on the paycheck! All Slutz especially in Los Angeles it's time to pull the rates up..I just pulled...

superburtm
replies: 1 views: 905
picksail 10th May 2006

Okay, inspired by the "LA Studio Space" thread, which was inspired by my original "Recording in a Penthouse?"...

Matthew Murray
replies: 12 views: 3,383
newnes 10th May 2006

i own a Metric Halo 2882+DSP, plus a 2nd 2882+DSP on the way (wooHoo! GroupBuy!). Question 1) is the d/a on the ULN-2 an...

AdamJay
replies: 10 views: 7,243
cowudders 10th May 2006

Hi there. Me thinks to be having a promissing idea for a new artist developing and music distributing concept. The model is...

Ruphus
replies: 11 views: 1,624
Jason Poulin 10th May 2006

I have a project in which I have to remix and take the vocals off of some old tracks of mine. I would like to dump the tracks...

choodelphia
replies: 2 views: 736
choodelphia 10th May 2006

. Two Amazing Audio people to know in Australia My good friend Sakis Anastopoulos at Digisound...

camitchell
replies: 0 views: 481
camitchell 10th May 2006

Hi All, I wanted to say, the Adam speakers are amazing (we have S3As with the larger sub and S1As with the smaller sub). The...

replies: 2 views: 3,664
DaveH 10th May 2006

I usually like to print efx (and maybe run a clean dry track for reamping if needed). What are some of the really solid great...

NathanEldred
replies: 58 views: 6,938
TAVD 10th May 2006

Hell fellow gearheads, I'm getting ready to sound proof my home studio. I've gotten a lot of ideas from this site, and I plan on...

djbrough
replies: 9 views: 19,539
timmcallister 10th May 2006

Whoohoo! thumbsup heh boing JR

octatonic
replies: 2 views: 1,157
tvanveen 10th May 2006

So yesterday I was on my way home and called some friends of mine in LA. We all worked together at a studio and while they are...

Zwinter
replies: 1 views: 836
AdamJay 10th May 2006

I have a job coming up in Sydney in a month and a half or so. I have to get a recording rig together for it- I need gear that is...

fifthcircle
replies: 10 views: 542
fifthcircle 10th May 2006

I see that a lot of people use pzm mics, but I can't seem to find a thread that really discusses this. I would like to know what...

illiummusic
replies: 10 views: 11,680
warhead 10th May 2006

So let me start by saying that Glenn friggin rules! Nice guy, easy to deal with! My control room was built a bit small,...

pigpen
replies: 14 views: 2,579
Kris 10th May 2006

Can anyone recommend me a good mic preamp with digital outputs..I can't afford a seperate ad converter...or are there any decent...

salomonander
replies: 15 views: 10,052
aussie_techie 10th May 2006

Not sure if this is in the right forum so please move if not. My breif is: “The holy grail of the classical recording...

emeline-rec
replies: 0 views: 866
emeline-rec 10th May 2006

alrighty? whats everyones favorite API 500 Series EQ for tracking and WHY? i know fletcher digs the...

dubrichie
replies: 13 views: 1,190
dubrichie 10th May 2006

I´m looking for a mic and a preamp for home studio recordings. I reckon that if I buy a nice clean mic (Neumann TLM 103) and...

klagga
replies: 46 views: 6,228
frontierfran 10th May 2006

Hi! I'm searching a cheap SPL-Meter for measuring the absolute sound pressure level of my Adam P22a for setting the well-knowm...

vls
replies: 1 views: 1,704
lasso 10th May 2006

Cubase SX + 44,[email protected] > Nuendo + [email protected] Is Cubase SX better sounding than Nuendo because I use a lower sample...

RainbowStorm
replies: 0 views: 1,062
RainbowStorm 10th May 2006

I dunno..... Presently I mix using the Tape & Pentode process of the Cranesong Hedd on my mix A/D. (I've weaned myself off...

Jules
replies: 36 views: 4,347
doorknocker 10th May 2006

Hi mates, I'm in the midst of designing a new place, and would appreciate if you could share some pix of how your client...

charleslee
replies: 15 views: 1,862
charleslee 10th May 2006

Hi Just wondering if there is any way to convert an audio track of guitar chord strumming into a midi...

celebritymusic
replies: 3 views: 4,918
mitchell 10th May 2006

Any got any good recommendations???? Ideally looking for 240v models!!

toolskid
replies: 8 views: 919
Improv 10th May 2006

I am listening to Vince Gill's soft beat "I still believe in you" and notice how beautiful the reverb is in that song...

RainbowStorm
replies: 2 views: 1,131
RainbowStorm 10th May 2006

I'm interested in picking one up as I love me some effects. I have no experience with this box and can't seem to find any...

panther
replies: 7 views: 2,411
doug_hti 10th May 2006

I'm looking to pick up maybe a flat panel, but wanted to know the difference btw HDTV ready and regular LCD. I saw a 27" by...

Umlaaat
replies: 2 views: 724
Umlaaat 10th May 2006

I have a focusrite 428 and it has aes out on what looks like a fifteen pin connection. I have a masterlink and it has aes in on...

kindkind
replies: 0 views: 967
kindkind 10th May 2006

Just wondering for those that own both a U87 (any year) and a U195, which one tends to be your go-to for male rock...

Matt Hepworth
replies: 5 views: 1,123
Matt Hepworth 10th May 2006

I was reading the other thread on snare placement in the mix, and was wondering how you guys that relly mostly on the oh for the...

fadista
replies: 8 views: 1,785
littledog 10th May 2006

Need some immediate help converting PT 7 to 5/6. Thanks a lot.

shikawkee
replies: 3 views: 875
Dave Martin 10th May 2006

I am currently starting a video production company called, NuMediaNY Live, and it is like MTV unplugged or AOL Sessions , but...

bassybob
replies: 2 views: 695
bassybob 10th May 2006

I got into a bit of a discussion with a friend over the wekend over quality of final product...ie burning your Masters. The...

dreamsongs
replies: 23 views: 1,984
rainsinvelvet 10th May 2006

I'm curious... hopefully someone will enlighten me. Especially the chordal stuff. The leads sound very Moogy. p.s. Anyone...

Matt Grondin
replies: 2 views: 2,126
Matt Grondin 10th May 2006

I just wanted to make a quick post regarding the availability of the Mytek 8x192, since it has been somewhat of a hot topic...

atticus
replies: 5 views: 1,927
djui5 10th May 2006

I was having an idle discussion with a co-worker the other day, and we couldn't come to a straight answer. It's pretty pointless,...

AlexLakis
replies: 99 views: 7,997
Bob Olhsson 10th May 2006

This thread is geared (no pun intended) towards all you cats out there that are deep into the audio industry. If you can take a...

JohnNy C
replies: 7 views: 1,254
JohnNy C 10th May 2006

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search