The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I've just discovered the joys of Waves infamous WUP scam - I had to get a new computer...

StuartMac
replies: 15 views: 7,453
marcan 1st December 2006

Why is there so much doom and gloom in this industry? Everyone tells me how theres absolutely so work and no money in the...

dapinkobo
replies: 24 views: 1,502
drBill 1st December 2006

I thought I'd just post and say that I have been using the avantone ribbon mic on a session and am suitably impressed. I've...

matt thomas
replies: 3 views: 13,695
supaheef 1st December 2006

Hello, i am looking to buy some studio monitors to just use for listening to music and watching tv on my computer, is that a good...

malcolm
replies: 0 views: 939
malcolm 1st December 2006

Hi people, Seems I got lucky and got a nice deal to make my entry into the analog heaven. A guy who sells mainly computer...

murilix
replies: 3 views: 2,175
murilix 1st December 2006

Hello, I have a rather busy project studio. I've finished off my solo record recently and I have alot more time to take on...

Rednose
replies: 52 views: 2,549
autodidactic 1st December 2006

Hi, just 4 weeks before the sales taxes makes everything 4% more expensive in Germany :- ( For my next recording project I...

buzzjoe
replies: 6 views: 998
tINY 1st December 2006

I was wondering what is the "normal" way of getting paid for your work as a recording/mix engineer. How do you get...

Joemamma
replies: 33 views: 35,589
edvdr76 30th November 2006

Do they make a pop filter brace to keep the filter in place? Most people believe thier suppost to be right on the mic........its...

vaesion
replies: 0 views: 828
vaesion 30th November 2006

Hi, Fairly new to sound recording and conversion. Can anyone describe the pros and cons for converting files for Internet...

RANSAN
replies: 0 views: 1,908
RANSAN 30th November 2006

A guitar player asked me to help him make some user patches in his Roland VF-1 effects unit. He doesn't have good monitoring at...

rodhmos
replies: 4 views: 4,286
rodhmos 30th November 2006

I just want to share some infos on this amazing AD/DA. I've been using it for the last 6 months and it is the best audio...

Stefbossa
replies: 0 views: 826
Stefbossa 30th November 2006

My landlord was kind enough to tear up my kitchen floor which spewed concrete dust everywhere including my home studio. Even...

Dpcon
replies: 11 views: 1,023
Dpcon 30th November 2006

I like the array of studio furniture out there, but I'm a bit concerned about dissipation of heat etc. What do gear manufacturers...

fross
replies: 10 views: 1,230
Mr. Man 30th November 2006

I have been baking 2" tapes and getting them ready to transfer from my JH24 to my DAW (DP5.0) via my MOTU 2408 mkII...

dbbubba
replies: 19 views: 2,233
dbbubba 30th November 2006

This might seem like a stupid question and I did lots of searches and didn't find any answers to my satisfaction. I'm moving...

boboji
replies: 5 views: 604
HudHudson 30th November 2006

ok before we bigin a disclaimer: i know overheads, room mics etc make up a huge part of the "snare sound" however, i...

sheltersoton
replies: 27 views: 3,515
Mr Skills 30th November 2006

Just wondering if anyone happens to know definitively if the converters in the lil' Onyx Satellite are the same as those in the...

DivideByZero
replies: 2 views: 1,289
DivideByZero 30th November 2006

i saw one today. no time to test out in the store. anyone got one ...comments ?? so many new amps coming out. anyone found...

manning1
replies: 18 views: 4,692
foldback 30th November 2006

OK, I use higher end gear, but for a laptop, imac (know one full time foley guy (TV) that uses a Mbox 1 LOL), I was wondering...

composer
replies: 0 views: 859
composer 30th November 2006

Many popular sites like You Tube use tags, they are a great way to get DIRECT to the information you are interested in Now...

Jules
replies: 19 views: 1,534
Jules 30th November 2006

has anybody heard either the R-F-T Funkwerk AK47 or the R-F-T M16 MkII?

lilshalimar
replies: 8 views: 2,992
C/G 30th November 2006

hopefully this thread is a helpful reference , not a flamingdfegad Just recently I put my Telefunken m-16 mkII up for sale...

mahasandi
replies: 9 views: 2,538
rockyroad 30th November 2006

I've been a subscriber to Resolution for quite a while now, maybe a year and a half or so. Last Christmas, my brother bought me a...

PapillonIrl
replies: 3 views: 806
Tom H 30th November 2006

Hi- just bought an amazing Studer 089 that was at the Salzburg theatre is Austria. it has the strangest connectors on the back....

Rea
replies: 8 views: 1,958
evilgrill 30th November 2006

I just grabbed a pair of C42's used. They should be here soon. (They've been on my "to get" list for years) As I...

NuSkoolTone
replies: 8 views: 942
NuSkoolTone 30th November 2006

Does anyone know the vocal chain used for Lou Reed's song "Street Hassle" from the album of the same name? Mic, console...

Shaft
replies: 3 views: 1,441
max cooper 30th November 2006

Done some searches. I've seen bits and pieces referring to this combination but I'd like to get some feedback from those that...

barryjohns
replies: 0 views: 573
barryjohns 30th November 2006

Anybody used these guys recently? I sent off for an old Deltalab manual about 2 months ago and it was never sent and I can't get...

analog orange
replies: 2 views: 1,106
Kjazz 30th November 2006

What do you guys do when a band breaks up and some members (who may not be the copyright holders) want the masters. Other member...

Rufuss Sewell
replies: 27 views: 1,968
vixapphire 30th November 2006

I've searched and searched every forum and website and can't find any info in relation to Matt Bayles' preferred recording...

brendondp
replies: 8 views: 4,078
maestromiles 30th November 2006

sidechains and key inputs... i know nothing about them...but they seem to be the answer to something i'd like to do for a sort of...

orksnork
replies: 5 views: 768
orksnork 30th November 2006

I'm looking for an unusual but cool fabric array to cover 2 foot wide and 9 foot tall bass traps (4 inch) that will be directly...

tubedude
replies: 16 views: 2,099
tubedude 30th November 2006

It's been so many years since I was in a studio that used tape that I forget what it sounds like. I'm not talking about noise on...

Matthew Murray
replies: 20 views: 3,634
dbbubba 30th November 2006

How would you do this in Logic 7? I am using softsynth however i want to send them through a portico 5012 preamp to get that...

usblink11
replies: 8 views: 942
usblink11 30th November 2006

Not sure if anyone has put this up here or not.... http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1726103 kfhkh

JSAudioTN
replies: 5 views: 877
Marbarbaar 30th November 2006

we've had "pets in the studio" so I thought perhaps we should have a "babies in the studio" thread. to get...

matt thomas
replies: - views: -
Antaren 30th November 2006

Okay first off, I want to say to my fellow slutz, this is NOT a post about Gary Katz. So please resist the urge to hijack this...

soupking
replies: 10 views: 1,044
max cooper 30th November 2006

Not really gear related here...more towards the organization of the creative process. When working with an artist on songs, I...

SHIRK
replies: 2 views: 625
NickH 30th November 2006

Hi -Iwas just wondering if thereare any DP users out there with Summing Mixers. I have been using DP for years and I just got...

Vato
replies: 9 views: 1,186
Seamus TM 30th November 2006

I basicly belive that S G is the best ITB mixer! I know he mixes ITB..Tony Shepperd told me that! Anybody know something about...

AMIEL
replies: 0 views: 5,351
AMIEL 30th November 2006

This past Saturday night my local pro-audio store burned down. New Yorkers may know the owner, Al Spinelli, from his days at Sam...

bongo
replies: 2 views: 742
bongo 29th November 2006

I normally record the overhead of my kit with a pair of russian Oktava mk012 with a cardioid capsule. I decided to get the omni...

djanogil
replies: 10 views: 11,823
djanogil 29th November 2006

I saw this one cheapest I could find. Was thinking of getting Reflexion filter and place this behind me. Got to be...

keano
replies: 5 views: 1,067
ntimkovich 29th November 2006

I want to use my Lavry Blue as the master clock instead of my Sync I/O. PT runs superclock (x256) though so do I need to do...

ethan_c
replies: 1 views: 568
Sui_City 29th November 2006

i have yet another stupid question that most of you will probably have no interest in answering. but im going to ask it...

imnickb
replies: 30 views: 8,311
Gilliland 29th November 2006

Hi - i have never used auto-tune - im a new producer and im recording mainly pop / r&b - yo know ... Beyonce / Christina /...

TLMUSIC
replies: 33 views: 2,934
pdlstl 29th November 2006

Does anyone know of a LA library or other place where someone can do research on soundscan numbers without paying the $7,950.00...

tzujan
replies: 1 views: 2,226
tzujan 29th November 2006

First off let me just say a quick thanks to gs for all of the great info I've come across. Not really a huge poster but I read...

sourcekode
replies: 3 views: 655
sourcekode 29th November 2006

Some engineer installed a demo version of DigiTranslator on my Mac Protools HD rig and I can't get rid of it. It keeps asking to...

James Lugo
replies: 5 views: 1,824
JonCraig 29th November 2006

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search