The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,337
Views: 2,337
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How much improvement in sound quality is there between the two? Because, I've heard some claim that it is certainly possible to...

lucasmusic
replies: 3 views: 16,739
barryjohns 17th December 2006

HI there! I've being experimenting a bit with stereo expanders lately. The reason is that I never seem to get that "depth...

Sput
replies: 102 views: 9,573
Mike Caffrey 17th December 2006

I had a oppotunity to check it out at Guitar Center. 1. This thing is heavy and it seems that a normal stand would have a...

replies: 3 views: 1,489
blackwatch 17th December 2006

For those of you fully commited to ITB mixing now, how many I/Os do you use for monitoring (stereo, 6 channels for surround or...

Keyplayer
replies: 2 views: 778
drew 17th December 2006

i'm wondering what the difference between rchannel m/s and the regular rchannel.... Is one a CPU saver?? thanks

musaee
replies: 0 views: 1,974
musaee 16th December 2006

I went looking for speaker switching boxes, for routing the output of a stereo power amp to various monitors and instrument...

Kiwiburger
replies: 4 views: 1,166
Kiwiburger 16th December 2006

A internationally known musician, who recently had a solo deal with one of the majors, has agreed to play lead on a track on my...

rjay
replies: 6 views: 1,061
untitledtopher 16th December 2006

Mbox2 spdif out --- rosetta 200 spdif in --- Rosetta analog out ---- pendullum quartet -- back to the analog in (rosetta) ----...

dcrann11
replies: 1 views: 675
Kiwiburger 16th December 2006

i was wondering.. if you were tracking an album with a mobile studio... how much outboard gear do you need? for a full...

Johnny Studio
replies: 38 views: 2,427
Aearth 16th December 2006

I just bought the four channel sytek for myself and wow, I'm very impressed. This is such a great sounding unit for it's price. ...

jacob eli
replies: 5 views: 1,212
seb37000 16th December 2006

How much would the basic 16X2 summing mixer...

James Lugo
replies: 16 views: 1,640
James Lugo 16th December 2006

Hi! Can you tell me which mic do you consider the best vocal mic under a $1000 bucks? I was thinking the blueberry. any other...

zak7
replies: 40 views: 31,814
Open Sky 16th December 2006

The Beatles - Love The Beatles, Sir George Martin, and son Giles Martin, prove yet again they are the best there is. Check...

JFK Chopper
replies: 137 views: 8,718
El Fatso 16th December 2006

I'm currently in Indonesia for a short stay and am wondering if there are some places here thats interesting for a gearslut. I'm...

strauss
replies: 3 views: 1,690
Ribbonmicguy 16th December 2006

Hey guys. Here goes.... I've been looking for a LDC for some time now at about the $600 price point. My only LDC as of now is...

Blindside
replies: 0 views: 747
Blindside 16th December 2006

Hi guys, Quick and simple question... Do you guys ever use Lo Pass filters on your cymbals? I use drum samples (I don't...

Rockman
replies: 61 views: 16,266
Rockman 16th December 2006

Hi - do any of you know where i can get a Waves manual? Am looking for the manual to RBass and L2 mailny? Cant find them on...

TLMUSIC
replies: 1 views: 4,603
JamesMcp 16th December 2006

Ok, anyone get a chance to see these things in action? Pics, reviews...!!!

heyman
replies: 44 views: 7,215
GYang 16th December 2006

My current job is that of a general audio type person for a games company, and duties mostly revolve around sound design and...

mahoobley
replies: 6 views: 1,522
The Byre 16th December 2006

Does anyone know how the DSOTM (lead) vocals were recorded? They've got a dry-ness but are still spacious (in fact that kinda...

preben
replies: 0 views: 701
preben 16th December 2006

I asked this before. You have the usual hardware for the pitch shifting effect and the Eventide plug in for HD only. I need...

cap217
replies: 4 views: 858
Steve MacMillan 16th December 2006

Hadn't listening to this album in a long time. It's really pretty rocking and aggressive and entirely a departure from his more...

jebjerome
replies: 7 views: 2,732
vixapphire 16th December 2006

I'm trying to doctor up an old recording done in 1992. The problem is Hi Hat bleed like crazy! And to top it off, there's only...

dntknowsht
replies: 19 views: 5,268
picksail 16th December 2006

I just bought all of that equipment. I have the AD-16x as the main clock and am clocking via ADAT to the lightbridge. I then have...

drumkideric
replies: 1 views: 854
drumkideric 16th December 2006

I just listened to some tracks from the new Sean Lennon album and I think it sounds amazing. I know its not released yet, but I...

Josht
replies: 17 views: 2,354
Sqye 16th December 2006

I've read many threads on this subjects but I'd love to hear some more opinions. I'm looking for a mic that sounds good for...

johnwayne
replies: 3 views: 1,611
edvdr76 16th December 2006

Hello, I am new to the world of outboard compressors. The RNC is my first one. I need to know if mine is functioning...

Johnny Plant
replies: 7 views: 1,259
Dave Peck 16th December 2006

Upgrading in a couple of months from a Eureka to something eles...not sure and very confused at this point. This new pre will be...

voiceone
replies: 0 views: 696
voiceone 16th December 2006

Well, like Max admtted, I too suck at reverb. And I don't mean to start a new thread and rehash old ground. I printed a lot of...

RBowlin
replies: 7 views: 801
not_so_new 16th December 2006
replies: - views: -
ZFire 16th December 2006

planning to make a vocal booth out of four doors. Im not too sure how to layer it. lets say the door is plywood shud the layers...

pjbarratt
replies: 21 views: 3,862
KingDaddyO 16th December 2006

Anyone here used an SPL Gold Mike Mk 2 ??? http://www.spl-usa.com/goldmike2/2485_in_short_E.html I have the oportunity to...

Parabola
replies: 0 views: 1,391
Parabola 16th December 2006
replies: 2 views: 2,058
zarembo 16th December 2006

Saw a couple of Symetrix 525's going cheap in the music store. Waste of rackspace or worth grabbing ? cellfone

gainreduction
replies: 5 views: 15,258
AllAboutTone 15th December 2006

I was talking to Dan McKinney over at requisite about the pal plus and he told me about the new pal plus mark 3 that's not up on...

Crandak
replies: 3 views: 1,800
[email protected] 15th December 2006

Hi all, I'm in a bit of a quandary with the whole audio interface thing. I was going to buy a MOTU 24 io, but there won't be...

jerbtracey.com
replies: 7 views: 365
neurosound 15th December 2006

I am curious about something. What (if any) technological advancements allowed for a shift towards more bass centered mixing in...

Josht
replies: 8 views: 966
pianodano 15th December 2006

Hey all. I've just realized that now that I'm updating to a symphony rig, I may have a bit of overkill in even having an RME...

Matthew Murray
replies: 5 views: 861
Matthew Murray 15th December 2006

Hi people, So I'm looking to move my room from the 'burbs into Manhattan and am out to find some space. I'm starting to put...

empty_bottle
replies: 5 views: 1,153
empty_bottle 15th December 2006

450 for a used AKG solidtube, worth it? what do you guys think?

fontenele
replies: 0 views: 825
fontenele 15th December 2006

Hey Guys, I’m not sure where this should be posted, but here goes.. I’m looking for some invoicing software, that will...

Sofa King
replies: 11 views: 972
Musiclab 15th December 2006

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the differences between the original Adcom GFA amps and the II versions...

mdsmith64
replies: 2 views: 3,074
mdsmith64 15th December 2006

On Monday, I'll finally be recording drums in a big room. I'm used to recording them in the small, deadened drum booth in my...

ndycus1
replies: 12 views: 1,298
J.D. 15th December 2006

Has anyone had success with one of these? I'm trying to find one that will interface my Triton Studio and G5 quad 2.5 GHz PPC. ...

bpert
replies: 13 views: 5,274
SiliconAudioLab 15th December 2006

HI does anyone know how i can sequence more then 1 patch, or can you only sequence only 1 patch? im using Cubase also with...

babar141
replies: 1 views: 1,444
Remedial 15th December 2006

Obviously some mics are more suitable for recording kick drum than other mics. They have to be able to handle a certain pressure...

Joemamma
replies: 13 views: 7,371
Joemamma 15th December 2006

I've found that when recording vocals myself, that flipping the polarity on my mic pre nearly always results in a much fuller...

Subsonic
replies: 2 views: 2,083
qbert1 15th December 2006

I posted these files in the context of a thread over at the 3D Audio forum about the new MOTU 8pre. Figured I'd share them with...

nightchef
replies: 0 views: 899
nightchef 15th December 2006

i know there's tons of threads on snare mics so i'll try to keep this focused. has anyone a/b'd the i5 vs the d1? i seems odd...

drumvan
replies: 1 views: 3,431
8thnote 15th December 2006

1ST OFF WANNA INTRODUCE MYSELF 26 YEAR OLD COLLEGE STUDENT IN SCHOOL FOR YOU GUESSED IT RECORDING. Anyways im doing a college...

PAGUY07
replies: 36 views: 2,083
MattiMattMatt 15th December 2006

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search