The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Due to the limitations on my CPU and plugin count I must track at 48kHz onto my computer. However for final mixdown im wondering...

contramark
replies: 12 views: 1,147
contramark 12th December 2006

Hey slutz, I bought an Ep by a band called Evaline -a postpartum modesty. I have to say i am completely blown away by the...

beau_mckee
replies: 0 views: 733
beau_mckee 12th December 2006

Hey guys I found this mic in the bottom of our mic locker and we've got no idea what it is...anyone know...

Schexnayder
replies: 3 views: 725
tnjazz 12th December 2006

I was on the Metric Halo site today and saw something on the driver download page that has me thinking and was hoping some one...

werds1
replies: 2 views: 710
werds1 12th December 2006

Hello there, Someone told me recently that you can't use normal 1/4" tape (ie: 499) with a tape delay as they are too...

jandalo
replies: 0 views: 1,160
jandalo 12th December 2006

I recently acquired a U 87 from a friend of ours. He had the mic laying around for years, and has used it very little. One day we...

Cheech
replies: 13 views: 2,783
not_so_new 12th December 2006

What are some of the different techniques for tracking vocals that you have found effective? Not a very unique technique......

(DC)
replies: 9 views: 1,220
cap217 12th December 2006

Just wondering if anyone has used these successfully on guitar amps. Also, is the SM57 still very used for this? Thanks!

Dean Landon
replies: 2 views: 1,474
A27Hull 12th December 2006

Hello fellas! I wanted to ask ya if you can recommend any good Rockdrum Samples for productions like Greenday/Pod/Korn(a fat...

Blind
replies: 1 views: 1,090
mhartman 12th December 2006

A fellow here in Austin listed a Spectra Sonics 610 comp on eBay that is not working (read the description) and in need of...

HudHudson
replies: 6 views: 1,263
HudHudson 12th December 2006

Whats the best way to connect a xlr output to an rca input... +4 ---> -10?

Natural Mystic
replies: 8 views: 1,570
Thermionic 12th December 2006

i'm coming back to DET on weds, dec 13 for 1-3 months to fix my divorce... and i'll have a LOT of time on my hands while i'm...

replies: 1 views: 1,059
Mike Tholen 12th December 2006

I need your help. I’m trying to hook up an old LaCie firewire drive to my pc. We used this drive for an album we did on a mac...

The True Buck
replies: 0 views: 3,174
The True Buck 12th December 2006

I've been trying to track down a manual for a Oberheim OB3 for one of my clients and I've come across a couple of very similar...

J.P
replies: 4 views: 813
J.P 12th December 2006

I've been reading these forums for a while now, and I finally have a reasonable question.... I have a MacBook that I use for...

jellisdrum
replies: 1 views: 1,083
Whitecat 12th December 2006

Hi Slutz , I bought a Mytek 8x96 recently , and i want to know your opinion...jkthtyrt What kind of music do you think that...

andremattos
replies: 9 views: 882
andremattos 12th December 2006

Hi Max was just curious as too the main differences in the Apogee I/O 896 converter for the Soundscape system... to Apogees...

tuRnitUpsuM
replies: 2 views: 1,699
tuRnitUpsuM 12th December 2006

Hey all, I been trolling around here a bit and figured this would be a good place to get some questions answered. My band's...

DeadOnAudio
replies: 1 views: 633
tINY 12th December 2006

Hey guys I just fired up my jh-24 after about 2 weeks of not using it to record... I started aligning my machine... Slapped on...

numrologst
replies: 7 views: 674
stevep 12th December 2006

Dynaudio Acoustics Brings New Active Nearfield to the BM Series Risskov, Denmark ?| September 1st, 2004 ?| Dynaudio...

cutyhoney
replies: 17 views: 2,976
cajonezzz 12th December 2006

Thanks to a fellow Gearslutz guy (Thank you Dan Schultz) I was able to borrow a 2" alignment tape and calibrate my JH24. As...

dbbubba
replies: 2 views: 1,696
dbbubba 12th December 2006

There always seems to be lots of threads asking for recommendations on what kind of compressor one should use on their mix bus. ...

BradM
replies: 35 views: 8,384
BradM 12th December 2006

HOW TO ACHIEVE... HEADROOM/CLARITY/WIDENESS/OPENESS/LESS EAR FATIGUE... my rig: Digi002 rack/protools le Which will cure...

lucasmusic
replies: 6 views: 1,309
11413 12th December 2006

I was considering selling a very lightly used piece of gear I have. I saw some threads around various forums that this deck would...

dcisive
replies: 0 views: 1,698
dcisive 12th December 2006

It looks like the RME Fireface 800 would have all the connections I need. I was thinking of simplifying my setup. My idea was...

feyshay
replies: 1 views: 954
hogo 12th December 2006

Is it a good idea to put foam or anything round the mics to isolate ? Has anyone got good experience with any material? Currently...

brotbacker
replies: 12 views: 1,572
PhilRanger 12th December 2006

I'm gearing up for my next project. Modern Rock/Pop. Live drums, lots of guitar, acoustic guitar, Keys, Male and Female Vocals....

Jalabodu
replies: 19 views: 1,481
robot gigante 12th December 2006

Hey folks What I need to find is a standalone box that will allow me to input MTC, and spit out LTC that has been...

entropy
replies: 1 views: 586
apdv1 12th December 2006

Hi folks, For those of you who don't know me, (which is all of you) I'm living in rural NSW and I'm in the process of building...

jerbtracey.com
replies: 4 views: 276
Tubthumper 12th December 2006

hey guys, please send me a link if this thread already exists. I'm looking at new tube eqs (summit, tube tech, mercury, etc)...

alschnier
replies: 0 views: 579
alschnier 12th December 2006

Does anyone know what on earth this clip is from? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT_rAMRaJAE&eurl= Whether you're a...

Thermionic
replies: 5 views: 746
pan 12th December 2006

I thought I'd share my recent experience, and see if anyone else has experienced the same. 5 weeks ago I ordered a pair of Beyer...

Jimbo
replies: 0 views: 672
Jimbo 12th December 2006

Hi! Do you have your Mastering chain (for example: highcut -> 1band compression -> Multiband Compression -> Waves L2...

vls
replies: 4 views: 1,476
cap217 12th December 2006

The quote above is from this thread, which is about some new Apogee drivers, which is why I started a new thread. The Fairlight...

nativeaudio
replies: 51 views: 5,568
beyarecords 12th December 2006

I'm digging it.... ex filter/stp

TML
replies: 12 views: 1,226
Blast9 11th December 2006

Anyone point me to who makes a Rack unit with 2x DB-25 connectors on rear and 8x(male) 8x(female) - XLR on front?

Nerve Nickels
replies: 2 views: 708
Nerve Nickels 11th December 2006

I posted this in low-end also. Sorry for anyone who saw both. My bad. I have a Tascam M2600 right now. If I built a rack of...

filthyrich
replies: 0 views: 623
filthyrich 11th December 2006

I live in an apartment. I have my studio set-up in what the complex calls a "brealfast room". Anyway, the room has a...

Status
replies: 4 views: 736
Status 11th December 2006

I have a session player coming in from out of state that's "friends with the band". He will be playing on their project...

TML
replies: 8 views: 1,107
cajonezzz 11th December 2006

I dont know if this was posted before...so. What do you suggest or advice to get a great mono sounding mix..... I'm not talking...

IzzyRock
replies: 11 views: 1,559
Ollie 11th December 2006

Here we go again. I am wanting to buy a pre amp for vocals mainly, but will use it on other things as well. I am not wanting to...

fasttraxx
replies: 50 views: 3,258
squeegybug 11th December 2006

I'm pretty new to recording and using good preamps, I've had a Vintech x73i preamp for about a year. I use it with Mbox2 and PT,...

Ivandovich
replies: 1 views: 638
Tone Laborer 11th December 2006

OK I have my new HD2 Accel sitting at home on the floor of my studio and I am reading ahead on 'HD Getting Started'...

Earwitness
replies: 8 views: 720
Earwitness 11th December 2006

I just got a call from a friend with a good deal on BLUE mics. I don't really know them well. I need to place my order this...

darkwater
replies: 33 views: 3,517
Kubilay 11th December 2006

I used to have a perfectly tuned, flawless Symphony rig. After installing the new software, my system always boots up at...

cerla
replies: 5 views: 1,633
cerla 11th December 2006

Has anyone here built one of these kits, or played through one? http://www.songworks.com/rotarywave.html Seems like a...

maecraes
replies: 1 views: 1,002
maecraes 11th December 2006

I am looking for my first outboard EQ. I would prefer something with broad strokes of colored EQ vs. something surgical. What are...

Deleted User
replies: 20 views: 4,219
Isle of Weight 11th December 2006

Hi everybody. I'm making my own recording studio and starting to think about my future gear. After a lot of researches on...

lemondaf
replies: 0 views: 939
lemondaf 11th December 2006

Hey everyone, I just wanted to plug Glenn over at GIK acoustics... the guy has been outstanding over the course of the last...

Matthew Murray
replies: 7 views: 2,740
Glenn Kuras 11th December 2006

Who knows where this track has been recorded and mixed?

innesireinar
replies: 0 views: 777
innesireinar 11th December 2006

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search