The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Saw this on b oingb oing.com this morning - wowzers. I SO want one.

daede
replies: 19 views: 1,931
Omicron_9 11th December 2006

i have a couple questions on digital audio cables. i'll be using a s/pdif cable to connect an api a2d to a digi002. i'll be using...

destiny brandon
replies: 2 views: 2,612
destiny brandon 11th December 2006

Hi guys, I'm getting sick of dragging my 6u 002 rack with me every time i need to overdub a guitar on a session. I want to...

recall
replies: 4 views: 2,653
recall 11th December 2006

There are sooo many midi controllers on the market today, like Mackie, CM-labs, etc...I don't know which one to choose. I...

DaveC
replies: 1 views: 1,251
sguali 11th December 2006

anyone have any experience with ribbon mics on vocals?....... is this a good way to help tame a peircing female vocalist?......as...

J-Deb
replies: 7 views: 3,525
J-Deb 11th December 2006

Hey guys, I'm updating my studio and I'm new to recording. I have been using a Korg 16 channel digital recorder for all of my...

StormNation
replies: 1 views: 543
manning1 11th December 2006

Trying to decide on a mic for radio alternative rock vocals (not too aggressive). Some ones i'm thinking about are: Rode...

Sid Menon
replies: 2 views: 580
bendecido 11th December 2006

We've been mixing ITB at my studio for years and I'm looking to change it up. We do mainly big punchy modern rock. I'm looking at...

James Lugo
replies: 54 views: 4,641
AMIEL 11th December 2006

I'm exploring the idea of converters, and I'm trying to wrap my brain around how to integrate them with my DAW on a PC. If I got...

Mikem
replies: 3 views: 1,713
Mikem 11th December 2006

Guys right now my only converter to ptools is a rosetta 800. What specific difference would adding a big Ben make to my...

no ssl yet
replies: 19 views: 1,543
stevep 11th December 2006

Most of the time I Don't have to deal with anything other than 24bit audio files... 99% of the time, I let the ME arrive at...

numrologst
replies: 17 views: 1,192
numrologst 11th December 2006

Hey guys, how would I get from my sequencer Logic into a mixing board (mackie 32 8) Would I just use line outs of motu 2408s. I...

analogdude
replies: 1 views: 989
Seamus TM 11th December 2006

im looking for a neveish pre under $1200 and the great river stands out. They say itsx based on the 1073 but what i dont know is...

bendecido
replies: 6 views: 1,794
cap217 11th December 2006

Guys right now I have a 2 Amek CIBs and an Adesigns MP2 and I mix via itb/folcrom hybrid.. Other pres that I like are Neve...

no ssl yet
replies: 5 views: 1,127
wwittman 11th December 2006

Im trying to find a nice dual preamp/EQ combo for under a grand. The neotek seems perfect bc I could run my dual chandler...

Magic Snake
replies: 0 views: 1,623
Magic Snake 11th December 2006

Ok guys, I was in the market for a 2055, but I was thinking, even though I am not a big fan of the pre, and the comp is slow and...

PRS1JAZZ
replies: 1 views: 753
thethrillfactor 10th December 2006

Recently, a drummer brought his own headphones to my studio and claimed they had much better isolation than my Audio-Technica...

absrec
replies: 7 views: 1,552
FFTT 10th December 2006

I sold my Mesa to a friend and he wants to put GT 3's in it. Does anyone have any expierence with this? Sound difference? He...

cap217
replies: 2 views: 694
YoungChampion 10th December 2006

I'd like to share a laugh at my own expense.cooge So I track this record, great tunes - just honest to goodness good music. A...

kats
replies: 8 views: 1,271
ElMosca 10th December 2006

This thread got me thinking. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?t=96343 If you had to do it all over again, on a...

Bump Music
replies: 3 views: 645
Confusionator 10th December 2006

Hey guys, nice to find this forum; tis my first post. Im trying to get a song recorded in my home "studio" which...

elvisjer
replies: 20 views: 4,142
pan60 10th December 2006

I'm going to make my own DIY outboard, but I don't have the in/outs thats needed. Currently I own RME ADI-2 2 ch converter and...

Morten Hjort
replies: 0 views: 2,316
Morten Hjort 10th December 2006

Hi, I need to convert a WMA file to either mp3 or WAV, but the file is DRM protected. Do you know which software I can use to...

smk
replies: 2 views: 685
smk 10th December 2006

Greetings, I'm seriously considering applying to this program for next fall, with concentration on film score/editing, sound...

laoded
replies: 2 views: 1,783
Exsanguis 10th December 2006

there is a song on the radio that i hear once in a while that totally rocks and it is almost a nirvana song to the tee. problem...

maskedman72
replies: 5 views: 961
maskedman72 10th December 2006

if i record a beatles tune and use it then i have to pay the owner of those copyrites (micheal jackson?) . so thats clear, i...

gsilbers
replies: 8 views: 1,707
Bob Olhsson 10th December 2006

Hi my brother is electronics engineer and he gives me an old osciloscope to use inside a studio, well I used too osciloscopes in...

ezrecords
replies: 6 views: 14,104
Ethan Winer 10th December 2006

Just to share my early "real world" experiences with this beauty. As a Logic Pro user, I used to have a DA16-X...

cerla
replies: 29 views: 4,471
cerla 10th December 2006

I came across a set of Auratone monitors the other day, the classic phony wood veneer brown cube that once was seen in every...

unity gain
replies: 34 views: 5,195
Sput 10th December 2006

Recorded guitars using sm 57 close miking, in a <a href="https://www.gearslutz.com/board/home">home</a> made...

flipmodea
replies: 16 views: 14,664
thejook 10th December 2006

Hello what can I use to get lead vocal sounds like in Kylie Minogue"s "Red blooded woman" or the Dandy...

brotbacker
replies: 2 views: 1,221
Kiwiburger 10th December 2006

Listening to Allison Krauss's live album and seeing the mics used got me to thinking, why not use something like a sm87 in my...

bdjansen
replies: 4 views: 1,021
bdjansen 10th December 2006

This will arrive friday and a band comes in saturday so i cant experiement. I am wondering if anyone had luck with kick, snare...

madcowvt
replies: 16 views: 1,549
ringo.fire 10th December 2006

Hello! Thank you so much for a great forum!! I live in Norway and here we cannot demo gear like you can in the states. This is...

Jadestar
replies: 1 views: 626
Kiwiburger 10th December 2006

I've played an Ectacy and a Diezel Herbert, but nobody has an Uberschall in stock.

James Lugo
replies: 3 views: 1,097
James Lugo 10th December 2006

I'm making the jump from an AMD machine to a MAC PRO. I have a lot of sessions on my AMD machine and would rather not bounce...

dsound
replies: 1 views: 662
TonyBelmont 10th December 2006

I found one reasonably priced but I havent read any reviews on the unit. Is it just a DL241 with the EQ point? I know there has...

DRC
replies: 3 views: 8,618
DRC 10th December 2006

Hey all, I'm new to gearslutz and decided I'd start off by asking what ya'll would do in my situation. I'm recording a group that...

mlmorg
replies: 6 views: 659
Acoustic Cloud 10th December 2006

I'm debating on either of these mics for vocals and an outside kick drum mic. How does the 4033 stand against the 4047 for these...

johnwayne
replies: 19 views: 2,073
johnwayne 10th December 2006

Most folks agree that yanking the transformer out of a Mexican 57/58 helps the mic. Problem is you lose 10 dB in an already low...

sekim
replies: 0 views: 601
sekim 10th December 2006

so i'm really asking about discribe, but i anticipate others here are only using it with a primera duplicator. it's the only...

pounce
replies: 0 views: 560
pounce 10th December 2006

hey i need advice on a drum buss. i can proberly spend up $1100 or so. the ones i have been scoping out are the drawmer 241,...

wes
replies: 28 views: 4,617
six_wax 10th December 2006

Anybody know of a simple, inexpensive box that can take two optical ADATs in that are carrying S/MUX2 audio (4 channels per...

Matthew Murray
replies: 0 views: 1,156
Matthew Murray 10th December 2006

I was at a friends house, helping him with a most unfortunate vocal mix. Dynamic city...which is fine, but it didn't fit the...

BlueRadio
replies: 0 views: 2,035
BlueRadio 10th December 2006

Hey all. One last converter option has crossed my mind. I've been fond of the idea of Apogee's symphony for it's low latency and...

Matthew Murray
replies: 5 views: 861
Matthew Murray 10th December 2006

Just listened to a song called Letters here: http://www.bill-peck.com/music.htm Never heard of them or the artist, but great...

Blast9
replies: 6 views: 1,838
mindbend 10th December 2006

Just curios who else has yet to make the jump to hd??????

ddageek
replies: 51 views: 3,642
djd100 10th December 2006

it looks like I'll be heading over to Asia early next year for a brief trip to Hong Kong. I'm also planning to head over to...

Axle_australia
replies: 0 views: 555
Axle_australia 10th December 2006

You guys are going to laugh but, I haven't done this in so long. I just finished setting up a patchbay in our control room which...

HiRaX
replies: 28 views: 8,739
AlexLakis 10th December 2006

Guys I watched a DJ battle the other day, and I thought, "You know if these guys put this much effort/talent into playing...

no ssl yet
replies: 97 views: 4,085
Acoustic Cloud 9th December 2006

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search