The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi, My old Technics SX-P30 has thrown two keys (G1, E6) and will probably cost more to repair than it would cost to just buy...

mipearson
replies: 2 views: 6,524
Benjy King 4th February 2007

Any tips for crossfades on punch ins for acoustic guitar tracks? Trying to get them to sound as natural as possible but I'm...

johnwayne
replies: 8 views: 913
johnwayne 4th February 2007

Jules, I was doing a search and found this... Isn't this your place? Sure looks like...

Faderjockey
replies: 3 views: 973
drmmrboy 4th February 2007

Want a Studio in a Box that does 24/96 (and lower, of course). Right now, it's looking like the Roland VS-2400. The Akai DPS24...

bluegrasser
replies: 2 views: 614
Chrisc_o 4th February 2007

hi guys, mixing a project from a 80's hairband. the band is ok, vocals too (bit strange accent;)), but the guy who sings, did...

George Necola
replies: 11 views: 1,704
Stitch333 4th February 2007

Hi Guys, This is specifically targeted towards Geffel users or people who use mics in bad interference situations, but anybody...

drBill
replies: 17 views: 1,313
nandoanalog 4th February 2007

Does anyone have an impulse response from the famous chamber at Rockfield studios that I can have ... I didn't have the time to...

The Vicar
replies: 7 views: 1,955
Messiah 4th February 2007

Who came up with the parts? The writer? The singers? George Martin? Just listened to "I'm Only Sleeping" with...

vodka gimli
replies: 3 views: 5,362
Devina 4th February 2007

I ask that because it seems that while they may sound better, they connote a dated 80s sound to many, especially the fashion...

analogbass
replies: 23 views: 1,563
dlmorley 4th February 2007

Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a 61-key synthesizer (motif/fantom/triton etc) and would like to know where is the best place to...

smiley486
replies: 2 views: 315
smiley486 4th February 2007

Hi all, I'm considering buying an Emulator X2 but I can't seem to find many user opinions on it even after doing a search here...

Riddler
replies: 4 views: 2,214
Dave Peck 4th February 2007
replies: 2 views: 851
max cooper 4th February 2007

Hi, I'm in need of advice about P basses!! I'm confused by all the different models; (deluxe, artist, standard, vintage),...

Amstel
replies: 76 views: 5,692
Reag1502 4th February 2007

Anyone have an opinion on what I should add to my home studio: http://www.seventhcirclestudios.com/SCA/SCA.htm All I have for...

100yearpicnic
replies: 12 views: 2,959
100yearpicnic 4th February 2007

Hi there guys. I am in a position where I have to buy a PA system for a small group and was considering upgrading my mixer too....

autodidactic
replies: 7 views: 3,480
ramjet 4th February 2007

Whats up Slutz?? I have always been prejudice of the under $500 mic range (with the exception of the staples ie SM7, 57, e609...

azwun25
replies: 2 views: 1,174
motown67 4th February 2007

I could probably get an answer to my question via a PM but I thought others might find it useful so I'll post it...

McPhaul
replies: 10 views: 9,227
ImJohn 3rd February 2007

1. AC/DC Changing the snare head every take 2. Def Leppard tracking guitars one string at a time 3. Phil Spector tracking...

jbuntz
replies: 58 views: 5,405
DeathMonkey 3rd February 2007

For those of you who have experience tracking to tape before dumping to daw: Do you use the dolby nr on the recorder(s), or do...

guittarzzan
replies: 5 views: 1,457
Monsterlab 3rd February 2007

Hi. I see they have started to sell the new Dynaudio BM6A Mk II. Any experiences? Differences from the "old" BM6A? I...

Jadestar
replies: 1 views: 2,069
R11 3rd February 2007

Seems like all the good compressor's are a little over a thousand dollars or more. There are so many brands today, am I missing...

voiceone
replies: 3 views: 867
voiceone 3rd February 2007

Does the Avalon u5 has the same sound as the Avalon m5 DI?

gutterlife
replies: 0 views: 724
gutterlife 3rd February 2007

Best (contemporary, non-cranky) ribbon mic for tone of both lead-vocal parts on the Righteous Brothers' "You've Lost That...

woomanmoomin
replies: 0 views: 982
woomanmoomin 3rd February 2007

Are there any 2-ch balanced sum to mono boxes out there?

Nerve Nickels
replies: 6 views: 1,524
jefe 3rd February 2007

hi you can find information about Neys and buy a Ney ,from this page: http://www.neyatolye.com

burakatas
replies: 5 views: 7,674
ericzang 3rd February 2007

Ok, So, Im going into a studio to record some drums and Ill do everything as per usual...but.... Theres a section of the song...

chymer
replies: 10 views: 4,388
Alexi 3rd February 2007

I see a lot of gushing about the Pacifica here, but not a lot about the GR MP-2NV. I did a search and found a few posts, but...

Resonant Alien
replies: 2 views: 3,230
jdjustice 3rd February 2007

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of upgrading my studio. It's a small 'producer studio' geared towards scoring film and composing,...

Glamdring
replies: 6 views: 956
Ethan Winer 3rd February 2007

Hi Guys, I've recently come to the conclusion that a lot of my favourite mixers/producers use Pro Ac 100's ...be they Husky...

recall
replies: 7 views: 2,928
MHB850 3rd February 2007

Hi! Could you explain me in a very general approach how would you set a compressor's knee value ideally for differente cases...

Mr.Johnny
replies: 0 views: 867
Mr.Johnny 3rd February 2007

Hi everybody. I’m coming out. One year lurker – first time poster. First and foremost, my deepest gratitude to...

ericwall
replies: 0 views: 1,219
ericwall 3rd February 2007

Hey guys, been a silent reader so far but now i need some help .... I got a MCU in december...after returning 3 of them due to...

Johnm73
replies: 0 views: 569
Johnm73 3rd February 2007

How about it? A friend of mine is going to England for a month, and would like to set up a day or two to record some new...

AlexLakis
replies: 10 views: 2,342
AlexLakis 3rd February 2007

Shocking though it will be to most of you but I've finally decided to depart with my Mackie D8B (despite it's infamously warm...

Muso
replies: 0 views: 668
Muso 3rd February 2007

Hey Guys. I am a producer who recently hired a mixer to mix some of my tracks. The style is Pop/R&B. This mixer has mixed...

GearGeek
replies: 21 views: 1,246
vandertone 3rd February 2007

I'm thinking about switching from my Panasonic/Ramsa DA7 to something else (also because I'd like to use my system mobile and the...

Christof
replies: 8 views: 3,484
Christof 3rd February 2007

I'm considering buying the Tascam fw-1884 as an interface with Cubase sx-3. Mainly for the faders and knobs, hate mixing with a...

dreamsongs
replies: 5 views: 1,438
Nu-tra 3rd February 2007

So one of my partners emails this to me. Just passing it along. I may get one to try...

drmmrboy
replies: 2 views: 659
drmmrboy 3rd February 2007

I have gained about 100 lbs over the past 18 months and am suffering from some hearing loss. This sounds crazy, but my ear...

antaresrobot
replies: 11 views: 1,724
FFTT 3rd February 2007

I plan to go the Apogee/Symphony Route. Compared to the Rosetta 800, I realize that the AD-16 gives me 8 more in's and that to...

barryjohns
replies: 14 views: 4,306
barryjohns 3rd February 2007

Just recorded a fast shootout to compare mics and pres. Its voice only ! A Designs Pacifica ART MPA gold with Tung sol 12ax7...

lpkyer
replies: 27 views: 4,542
Bdiggy 3rd February 2007

I have a pair of JBL L19's that I use on my stereo presently for listening to music. Has anyone ever used these speakers for...

MWP
replies: 0 views: 2,010
MWP 3rd February 2007

Hey fellow slutz, Two days ago i did a shooutout with popular mics and pre's and i like to share the results with you guys! I...

Rogervandeberg
replies: 76 views: 9,459
tuRnitUpsuM 3rd February 2007

So what is that makes us like or hate a certain type of genre ? I can´t stand Jazz for more than 3 minutes, and I consider...

Jose Mrochek
replies: 60 views: 3,083
octatonic 3rd February 2007

I want to get a preamp & litepipe input to expand my digi 002 to have 18 ins. I was thinking of two different routes. 1)...

sheeptuf
replies: 0 views: 762
sheeptuf 3rd February 2007

I'm confused on what style of drum compression should be used for certain applications? What do you'll prefer? I've typically...

Matt Grondin
replies: 4 views: 2,328
Bounce 3rd February 2007

I was digging through some old equipment that video house was trying to move and found a dBx161. It didn't appear to work. I...

dbbubba
replies: 1 views: 801
echorec 3rd February 2007

Karma Audio and Tape Op is having a Microphone Giveaway!!! The code and information to enter can ONLY be obtained through the...

tombinator
replies: 2 views: 824
tombinator 3rd February 2007

I know someone who spends the facts of his life like small change on strangers (id the quote and you win). He also spends his...

drumzealot
replies: 6 views: 842
drumzealot 3rd February 2007

listen to this clip DELETED BY MODERATOR - (bizarre download warning) sonically, isn't it just amazing(ly horrible) mezed

Soliton
replies: 2 views: 804
juicylime 3rd February 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search