The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

PORTICO 5043, 5033, 5012...what do you guys think of these? is the 5012 better to get than an avalon 737 or a manle pre amp. if...

pepperjack
replies: 21 views: 3,021
mltamisin 3rd March 2007

What's a good pre for a summing box like the folcrom? I own a Pacifica some Seventh Circle A12's and Syteks. I've tried them and...

Nu-tra
replies: 6 views: 1,521
Mike H 3rd March 2007

so i just got a new mac pro and the symphony pcie card to connect to my DA16X. i'm using advanced routing to connect the spider...

ribteen
replies: 2 views: 655
ribteen 3rd March 2007

Since I just got this for vocals, but am finding that my solidtube with telefunken tube through a 610 is beating it, I'm...

Stoneroses6300
replies: 7 views: 1,569
Acko 3rd March 2007

I'm making some upgrades to my mic collection right now and the only really good condenser mics I can afford to by multiples of...

Bierce85
replies: 13 views: 2,181
tINY 3rd March 2007

what can be done about *** **** ****** ****in' radio interference when recording guitar amps????? (in case you're wondering i...

jerdude
replies: 8 views: 1,718
Ravian 3rd March 2007

Want? Do Not Want? :) Personally I'm kinda thrilled. Talk about making the drums slam like crazy while totally not...

chrisj
replies: 3 views: 1,003
Mike Caffrey 2nd March 2007

I've done my first set of mixes with my Digi 001. I've also got an Alesis AI3 for 16 total tracks at mix down. And an Amek BCII...

BJohnston
replies: 75 views: 4,386
M.S.P. 2nd March 2007

Im looking for ideas on a one room design for mixing and tracking. I am thinking a building a 15x24 building.

Opie Taylor
replies: 6 views: 1,965
Kiwiburger 2nd March 2007

I bought an Ampex 351 (pre only) from a guy off GS recently and it needs some work to finish it up. Who would you recommend in...

aermotor
replies: 1 views: 1,431
aermotor 2nd March 2007

I work out of a studio whose original builder/designer didn't follow some basic guidelines for control room design. The space is...

HudHudson
replies: 9 views: 1,186
HudHudson 2nd March 2007

Hey guys, I just got a new protools system and I'm looking to spend between $1000-$1500 on some plugins. All I have right...

dangeorge6
replies: 13 views: 797
DSD_Mastering 2nd March 2007

Hey, I have a 10-12,000 budget for upgrading my project studio. We have no pres, no eq's, a couple mics and even less...

Bloodz
replies: 1 views: 854
lpkyer 2nd March 2007

i want a clean, crisp sound. what do you fellas think of GML 2032? i was thinking of buying that and the PORTICO 5043 for a...

pepperjack
replies: 1 views: 1,398
jdjustice 2nd March 2007

When I record guitars, I usually do 2 rhythm guitars (or 4). The rhythms are panned 30-40% (or more) L and R. When I do the track...

filthyrich
replies: 0 views: 782
filthyrich 2nd March 2007

Hi, what scenario would one use a summing mixer? like the 8816 for example. Cheers

Junkie
replies: 2 views: 649
tINY 2nd March 2007

Greetings and salutations.... Am on the verge of springing for a new pre. Have made my mind up 99.99% that this next goodie...

Kamurah
replies: 11 views: 1,146
Kamurah 2nd March 2007

Hello again, Has anyone tried the line 6 variax guitars. If so which one did you try and how did you like it?

FatBassPlayer
replies: 9 views: 1,598
Dragonsoul 2nd March 2007

Hello, I will travel to Belgium. I would find any gear audio in this country (stores,etc)? anyting knows? Thanks. excuse...

Antonella
replies: 5 views: 876
Antonella 2nd March 2007

im getting ready to begin construction on my new studio (above a garage - nothing has been built yet) after some research ive...

Disjointed
replies: 28 views: 5,469
Disjointed 2nd March 2007

Does anybody know what the specific differences are between the DM2000 and the O2R96? You'd think Yamaha would have a comparison...

Jay Levitt
replies: 2 views: 1,147
warhead 2nd March 2007

So given the fact that we'll probably never see the fabled "intermediate" ProTools system, I was giving it some thought...

PoorGlory
replies: 19 views: 1,532
PoorGlory 2nd March 2007

I am in need of a great sampler, and really don't want the problems of Kontakt 2 but am getting close to going that route. Any...

Harsh
replies: 1 views: 978
Shaman 2nd March 2007

Hi, There is an MP on loan for few days at the studio. Until now, it sound very musical good depth, though it's quite...

salvator
replies: 10 views: 1,896
mixerguy 2nd March 2007

I just got the rarest of guitar FX pedals for $50.00! It's a Maestro USS-1. I thought it looked really cool and nobody else...

wagz
replies: 7 views: 1,137
wineredno1 2nd March 2007

i was wondering if it's ok to run an unbalanced line level through a few guitar pedals. a band member wants to put a few guitar...

dj_who
replies: 2 views: 1,136
dj_who 2nd March 2007

I'm just wondering if there would be any advantage to bringing a cloned boot drive, with all my auth's, ilok, to the mothership...

cajonezzz
replies: 9 views: 660
juniorhifikit 2nd March 2007

I just recived a Cad 7000 ribbon mic. I looked at the ribbon under a light and noticed that the back protection screen seems to...

Bigbuzzum
replies: 2 views: 1,147
Bigbuzzum 2nd March 2007

how the hell can I get the same effect as when you un-sync two tape machines to get that 60's 'phasing' effect, you know the one...

bigbongo
replies: 8 views: 1,380
Sigma 2nd March 2007

it's called tubetech smc-2b kfhkh kfhkh kfhkh put it on your mixbuss and you're a two times better mixing...

cebolao
replies: 12 views: 1,679
Rick Sutton 2nd March 2007

On one my setups im using rosetta 800/big ben into the aes16. Now should i have synchrolock on or keep it off. Is there any...

HIGHENDONLY
replies: 0 views: 1,122
HIGHENDONLY 2nd March 2007

Hello I am looking to rent a summing box (specifically the Rolls Folcrom). I live in Orange County, but I can go to LA if need...

Curtis Franklin
replies: 2 views: 988
Curtis Franklin 2nd March 2007

Dumpster diving can be great in New York City, i've found some halfway decent gear in the garbage in various states of disarray....

tombak
replies: 16 views: 2,487
convergence 2nd March 2007

I know that I'm asking for something that doesn't exist but I need a little help. My wife is a Mask (voice) court reporter,...

McPhaul
replies: 4 views: 984
McPhaul 2nd March 2007

Do you think Digi plans to release Vista compatible software which won't comply with the 002? This could be their weeding out or...

johnwayne
replies: 0 views: 746
johnwayne 2nd March 2007

Seems to me these two reverbs might have a similar sound. Anyone heard both? What are the differences? Which would you consider...

sleestack
replies: 6 views: 5,702
MusicKat 2nd March 2007

i want a freu freu bjork sound. i like robots. talking heads. what is best pre? here are some choices: manley duo gml 8302...

pepperjack
replies: 2 views: 804
pepperjack 2nd March 2007

As the title says: are DSP's worth it? Are there native plug's out there that are just as good as UAD or Liquid Mix or...

urobo[l]us
replies: 1 views: 985

i still don't truly understand the whole listening to mix in the end in MONO. in logic, do i just hit the mono button on the...

pepperjack
replies: 6 views: 943

Ok ... I am looking to get a 2 channel pre with compression for my live PA rig. Right now I have a Mackie 1402 VLZ mixer with...

KevWind
replies: 13 views: 1,930
KevWind 2nd March 2007

Does anyone know anything about this microphone - CAD Equitek...

rystro
replies: 8 views: 1,268
rystro 2nd March 2007

What do you guys like for this application? I was thinking a U87 or something with alot more distance then normal. Any...

C_F_H_13
replies: 3 views: 1,261
TanTan 1st March 2007

I've just added a DBX 162 and a 165A to my compressors rack, i like these comps and would like to know what do you guys are...

TanTan
replies: 13 views: 1,671
TanTan 1st March 2007

Here's a question for you guys working above 44.1 kHz. I have an Apogee AD16X, and so far, I've been using it at 44.1 only. How...

JSVice
replies: 14 views: 1,103
JSVice 1st March 2007

i need some advice on wiring/patching my studio for optimal flexibility. here is my set-up: ghost32 pt LE 7.1 via 002r and...

sundayhouse
replies: 3 views: 815
sundayhouse 1st March 2007
replies: 19 views: 1,755
theblotted 1st March 2007

With the lack luster appeal of the 003, I wish I could buy stock in Apogee? With the Symphony system being a real breakthrough,...

Jalabodu
replies: 1 views: 712
gsilbers 1st March 2007

While i am quite aware that there is no "correct" answer regarding my post, i am just interested in hearing how folks...

OldTimey
replies: 6 views: 1,242
Empty Planet 1st March 2007

I'd love to hang with some gearslutz... [email protected] 818 259 0190

James Lugo
replies: 9 views: 722
turk sanchez 1st March 2007

When recording a vocals, is it more common to use a little EQ on the way in, or a little compression. i know i know...people can...

pepperjack
replies: 0 views: 1,618
pepperjack 1st March 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search