The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 7
Views: 7
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It is crucial to test a variety of equipment before you make your decision on a purchase. So I'm wondering how you go ahead and...

noone
replies: 2 views: 892
Jules 6th April 2007

Hi - i was told that one way of making a track sound wide was add a delay to the track and pan the orginal track hard one way and...

TLMUSIC
replies: 10 views: 3,298
Feinstrom 6th April 2007

Just wondering what kind of setups you ITB guys usually use on a modern processed rock snare. I find I'll often use 3 tracks...

Matt Hepworth
replies: 11 views: 2,492
thethrillfactor 6th April 2007

I'm still using a PT Mix rig (with no control surface) and was thinking about getting a Procontrol unit. Am I stupid to spend...

Dopamine
replies: 2 views: 644
Jonathan Starr 6th April 2007

hi. I need a bit of software that can convert 6 .wavs into an AC-3 for surround dvd audio. I have used A.pack in the past and i...

pieninja
replies: 6 views: 686
Mozart 6th April 2007

I'm a VO working full time in the industry, and have recently started doing some news/entertainment features for Buena...

kitstern
replies: 37 views: 2,751
Jim vanBergen 6th April 2007

Just listening to The Flaming Lips' Yoshimi right now and I'm amazed by the really nice fat, farting, rubbery synth sounds. ...

Kestral
replies: 0 views: 1,505
Kestral 6th April 2007

What gear type has caused the biggest "wow" effect in your career when it comes to good sound?

RainbowStorm
replies: 25 views: 1,651
Jim vanBergen 6th April 2007

Hi, There are a lot of tube preamps on the market. What I'm searchin' for is one that will give the signal a bit of distortion. ...

miqer
replies: 15 views: 2,223
Recycled_Brains 6th April 2007

I am looking for an affordable analogue recorder and found a Tascam 48 available from a reputable repair shop. They are asking...

drumzealot
replies: 2 views: 1,035
chetatkinsdiet 6th April 2007

On the mackie 3204 board, each vertical channel has a eq. (0) High (0) Mid - level (0) Mid - Frequency (0) Low Does...

CommunityMart
replies: 1 views: 923
max cooper 6th April 2007

Overdubbing and riding the volume fader can raise a record to sublime! It is a great tool for placing expression marks in the...

RainbowStorm
replies: 0 views: 1,996
RainbowStorm 6th April 2007

Hey fellow sluts, I'm just moving in another room and as I was connecting everything together I thought if it's good to run...

Florian
replies: 3 views: 1,855
Bob Ross 6th April 2007

are this mono? do i need to buy 2 of these in order to run it on stereo track? would that mean i have to set the knobs exactly...

pepperjack
replies: 11 views: 1,181
dingo 6th April 2007

(Posted with permission from Jules.) Hello, Let me first introduce myself, my name is Jonas Jalava and I study marketing at...

Ankherias
replies: 14 views: 1,918
Ankherias 6th April 2007

I'm searching for a Multichannel Preamp/Converter/FW-Interface that can be cascaded. I want to use two or three of them...

Christof
replies: 0 views: 2,210
Christof 6th April 2007

Hi friends Perhaps this is a stupid question but I am a bit confused about digital outs. I have an Mbox2 and want to buy a...

deuce42
replies: 3 views: 769
Kiwiburger 6th April 2007

Performing Arts Network Back in the 80's. This was the precursor to sites like...well...Gearslutz etc. You paid by the minute...

Jamz
replies: 7 views: 722
Jamz 6th April 2007

This is a little comparison between 2 compressors on a drumloop. Tried to set them the same. Any thoughts on the difference(s)?

Murray
replies: 23 views: 1,742
aryschien 6th April 2007

there sooooooooooooooo many and the fine print is just a pain in the Asss!! can someone please just recomend me a good credit...

gsilbers
replies: 20 views: 2,129
StrykeBack 6th April 2007

hey guys, i will be soon constructing my project studio in my basement. There is one exterior window - which i want to keep...

grexter
replies: 7 views: 2,520
tINY 6th April 2007

I have read a bunch of articles and threads and have spent hours practicing various minimal-mic techniques to record a drum set...

drumzealot
replies: 1 views: 1,098
tINY 6th April 2007

Ok, so I just found out that I'm getting a bonus in a couple of weeks. I'm finally down to making a decision and moving forward....

barryjohns
replies: 2 views: 571
FFTT 6th April 2007

Any of you folks found any pres you really like with this mic (or the CE, I guess)? If so, what qualities do the ones you like...

woomanmoomin
replies: 2 views: 1,766
ludwigvanlee 6th April 2007

Which would you rather have, the ART PRO VLA or the FMR RNC or maybe even the RNLA ?? If you could only have one....

sanjari
replies: 4 views: 1,349
VacuousZounds 6th April 2007

I'm opening a new studio, and in a thread a few months back, several people recommended organizing as two LLCs: one to hold the...

Jay Levitt
replies: 27 views: 1,898
Pohaku 6th April 2007

I'm exploring options for at least 16 automated faders on a control unit that works with CubaseSX3 and I may go up to Nuendo in...

reido113
replies: 7 views: 940
maq 6th April 2007

Anyone notice the obvious pitch correction in this tune? I realize that they have always been using it, but it definitly sounds...

jseveriniii
replies: 36 views: 3,667
DontLetMeDrown 6th April 2007

I have done much forum searching and read a lot abut setup with this unbalanced piece of equipment. My question is (I think) less...

TYY
replies: 6 views: 1,605
hopeless_opus 6th April 2007

if you had to choose, due to budget restrictions, what would you get first? a stereo pair distressors or a Fatso? i know its...

Rea
replies: 18 views: 3,964
Jamzone 6th April 2007

Hi all, I want to get a Magma expansion chassis for my TDM rig so I can expand beyond HD3. Which one is compatible with HD...

octatonic
replies: 1 views: 2,822
a2dpapi 5th April 2007

Does the Mini-Me still make the cut as a quality converter, in particular to replace the 002's converter ? I have a Digi002,...

demonfuzz
replies: 4 views: 810
feyshay 5th April 2007

Hi , The Tweeter level and the High and Low shelving controls on the back of my A7's are a little off.Meaning the arrow on...

Tank Macnamara
replies: 26 views: 5,012
Audiopool 5th April 2007

Hey fellow slutz. I'm going to be finishing up tracking for a melodic rock album in about a month. I'm looking for a mixing...

DeadOnAudio
replies: 1 views: 693
jchadstopherhuez 5th April 2007

I'm very interested in getting tips and techniques on how to make drums sound as dry as possible. I really like the drum sound...

Joemamma
replies: 17 views: 3,145
bionic brown 5th April 2007

My partner and I were doing some tracking for a client this evening. We've been a little unhappy with the drum sounds in our new...

manthe
replies: 8 views: 2,510
pkautzsch 5th April 2007

I know alot of you are digging the Distressor..just curious if anyone finds that it's useful for tracking vocals...or is it too...

Rockin Daddy
replies: 38 views: 4,448
rwhitney 5th April 2007

Hi, I've been a long time lurker, and have really enjoyed reading the board every day. In a couple weeks I'll be finishing...

2xBassist
replies: 9 views: 1,714
ALL*MYTEE 5th April 2007

What rooms do you guys like around town, and what sort of work do you do?

Thebassist
replies: 6 views: 614
ALL*MYTEE 5th April 2007

Hello! I want to buy monitors and can't decide which ones. MACKIE HR 824 or 626, DYNAUDIO BM6a, ADAM P22a? Now I have KLEIN...

longplay_studio
replies: 11 views: 1,397
Froombosch 5th April 2007

My snare tones have always really been lacking and I end up just EQ'ing my way out of the problem. I'd like to really know how...

gutsofgold
replies: 10 views: 1,135
Tapeworm 5th April 2007

Woops, I meant to say TB4... Well, how is it? Is it good enough to do critical monitoring on? Or should I look for a...

maz
replies: 1 views: 694
maz 5th April 2007

Right now, my band uses SKB shockmount cases for all of our gear. I'm thinking of selling one of them and just getting...

sr2000
replies: 5 views: 1,662
tINY 5th April 2007

Anyone know where I can get Argosy consoles in Toronto? Long and McQuade doesn't seem to carry them. I'm looking for the...

Bump Music
replies: 9 views: 990
Bump Music 5th April 2007

Hi, I'm looking to buy some tape and all the things needed to use my half inch machine. Anyone know where I should go?? Would I...

lebouche
replies: 5 views: 718
themaidsroom 5th April 2007

Hey everybody, I was wondering if there is such a piece of gear that can be remotely controlled with a MIDI pedal and can store...

somsto75
replies: 0 views: 646
somsto75 5th April 2007

Hi all , I do record malnly vocals for commercials and jingles (I record voiceovers too for some projects).I have a Avalon 737Sp...

1manstudio
replies: 1 views: 752
kittonian 5th April 2007

The "cable rolling" post was interesting, but how many of you know that cables (especialy multi conductor cable) has a...

dbbubba
replies: 8 views: 992
dbbubba 5th April 2007

I'm looking for a digital piano with weighted action on the cheap for the house, my kids (all 10 and under) have been banging on...

warhead
replies: 28 views: 3,655
Koed 5th April 2007

As I heard all the good stuff about Distressor, I was just wondering if anyone can post some samples (vocal) with and without...

zeljkom
replies: 2 views: 695
zeljkom 5th April 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search