The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Just got one used. Never used a deesser before. I like what it does for the most part but it seems the greater the level of...

JPM
replies: 3 views: 669
JPM 2nd May 2007

OK.......I know this is going to sound crazy. But I've got to ask....so please bear with me........ There's a discussion amongst...

galaga
replies: 9 views: 1,929
API Sez... 2nd May 2007

So I will be finally be replacing my Samson Resolv 80a's with a pair of Event Precision 8's. heh heh heh Question is, I'm...

jaysunice
replies: 4 views: 753
bexarametric 2nd May 2007

can anyone tell me if a dbx 160a and a dbx 160x / xt sounds different , thanks.

nomadic8
replies: 5 views: 1,161
dbbubba 2nd May 2007

hey, Im mixing a song and in the final choruse some alternate vocal fills come in while the lead is singing and Im wondering...

chymer
replies: 1 views: 1,685
marcan 2nd May 2007

How many of you guy actually submix tom tracks? I mean like on my setup I have 3 toms with a mic on each tom. I run those to a...

macr0w
replies: 4 views: 1,031
The Reel Thing 2nd May 2007

I am considering, a portico, the TG-2, mp-2nv, a lunchbox (api/red500) and they are all neck and neck. I think the knowledge of...

fuzzface777
replies: 22 views: 1,730
fuzzface777 2nd May 2007

Hi, I've been reading this forum for a while now and have been enlightened on some really useful information here, so I thought I...

kenevill
replies: 4 views: 658
kenevill 2nd May 2007

Can anyone recommend a good tech on the East Coast to repair Urei gear? jkthtyrt

beechstudio
replies: 5 views: 2,472
beechstudio 2nd May 2007

Strange question you may think, but within the next month I'm hopefully going to be entering the wonderful world of 500 series...

stevetgn
replies: 13 views: 1,853
stevetgn 2nd May 2007

I was just wondering if anyone else likes the way the vocals sound from this band, in particular 'Wow, I can get sexual...

carrington
replies: 0 views: 571
carrington 2nd May 2007

Hey guys and gals. I'm moving out of Greensboro, NC to seek better employment possibilities and a larger arts community. I am...

Tibbon
replies: 14 views: 923
Mike Caffrey 2nd May 2007

Interesting experience with ProTools Mbox 2 and Le software. The Mbox 2 and Pro Tools LE Tale « earpick

Dove
replies: 11 views: 1,898
Stiff 2nd May 2007

Does 80dB max sound good? I heard this pre-amp is really nice (chameleon labs 7602)...I plan on getting an SM7 and hear it needs...

heisleyamor
replies: 7 views: 1,410
gm5k 2nd May 2007

great song. great late 70's snare sound. is that a snare doubled with a tom or is that just a big deep snare? any idea how it was...

James Guitar
replies: 5 views: 749
swankdoc 2nd May 2007

A friend of mine gave me some tracks he had recorded to mix and a couple of them were severely clipped; maxed out/distorted...

RecTeach
replies: 2 views: 2,407
Led 2nd May 2007

I'm currently using a Delta 44 and am considering the LynxTwo "A" card. Anyone with experience, thoughts or...

pdlstl
replies: 9 views: 1,429
underworld 2nd May 2007

How are you guys connecting turntables or even unbalanced cassette decks to your balanced system (any brands better than...

Lek
replies: 3 views: 1,428
Barnabas 2nd May 2007

What do you guys do, and how do you have it set up for a quick workflow, to deal with use of balanced and unbalanced gear in your...

Tibbon
replies: 0 views: 1,004
Tibbon 1st May 2007

Hey guys, I have been on boards like these (Tape Op, Recording Website, Recording.org...etc) for years now and I always wonder...

amishsixstringe
replies: 102 views: 6,691
MX582 1st May 2007

Hey guys... can you recommend a 10 outlet Power Distributor. I'm not looking for the best of the best... just the best bang for...

rystro
replies: 7 views: 837
orange 1st May 2007

I've been acoustically treating my room with rock wool panels and then the question struck me: how does sound react to the...

ThrillHo
replies: 8 views: 13,360
Ethan Winer 1st May 2007
replies: - views: -
blackcom 1st May 2007

Does anyone on here provide reamping services? I've heard of engineers reamping for other engineers, so I was just curious. I...

Einstein
replies: 3 views: 766
Einstein 1st May 2007

I have a FF800 and a presonus adl 600 available. I want to get the RNC in there somewhere. I realize I could plug it in between...

noone
replies: 1 views: 765
mltamisin 1st May 2007

Suggestions on getting the kit to be more present without the snare getting too forward? Of course, when I try to buss compress...

swankdoc
replies: 29 views: 5,156
swankdoc 1st May 2007

here is the article: http://www.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2006/FCC-06-13A1.html " Based on a preponderance of the evidence, we ...

chester
replies: 114 views: 7,600
downrazor11 1st May 2007

It says Shure inside the xlr next to the 1,2,3 print. It takes one AA battery and has an on/off switch. Got it for free from my...

filthyrich
replies: 4 views: 840
69 Sound 1st May 2007

Hi there! Anyone knows were to find or buy presets/impulses for Waves Q-clone and IR-L? When you buy these plugin's you get...

lydfar
replies: 4 views: 4,229
Farshad 1st May 2007

We have a Radar Nyquist V with session controller For Sale. When I bought it, I sent it to IZ to upgrade to the newest adrenaline...

alfrench777
replies: 0 views: 1,321
alfrench777 1st May 2007

I'm builiding a neat desk that will house all of my gear and midi controller. It's a cool design that's really easy to make...

Bump Music
replies: 3 views: 4,085
octatonic 1st May 2007

has anyone here tried the eventide stomp fx? I'm meaning actually on guitar and bass, not as studio fx. EVENTIDE :...

matt thomas
replies: 0 views: 773
matt thomas 1st May 2007

Which one sounds better/has better a/d/a conversion? Which one has more stable drivers? (I am going to use a PC with Nuendo)

switch1
replies: 0 views: 2,034
switch1 1st May 2007

My ultimate goal is to convert acoustic drum recordings into MIDI notes so that I can use the MIDI information to trigger samples...

PheelTheMusic
replies: 5 views: 1,356
PheelTheMusic 1st May 2007

looking for recommendation for a decent used analog miver <$1000.. (ideally ~$600) itll be used primarily for the pres..and...

Disjointed
replies: 9 views: 3,115
Disjointed 1st May 2007

I came across a Pandora LM 402 compressor for $350. It looks pretty cool, but I can't find any info on it anywhere. Anybody...

ELI-173
replies: 1 views: 2,162
micrental 1st May 2007

Hello, I am an engineer in Japan, and sometims, some bands that come to our studio are very copies of some famous bands from...

Nama
replies: 12 views: 1,993
nandoanalog 1st May 2007

Thoughts/recommendations on some converters? (I'm aware that the market is chock full of choices. I'd like to stay under a...

musicispower
replies: 0 views: 572
musicispower 1st May 2007

Hi, Anyone here using one? I was wondering if the headroom of the mix bus is comparable to the Neve VR series consoles. I...

Halsey
replies: 2 views: 889
Halsey 1st May 2007

What's the best online price you guys are seeing for the Fireface 800? From a reputable dealer. Thanks!

uptoolate
replies: 7 views: 1,183
GearGeek 1st May 2007

hi, i'm trying to best lay out my rig. i'm working with: 1 ADL 600, 1 xlogic alpha channel, 1 distressor, one fatso jr, and a...

ptbarnum
replies: 2 views: 603
ptbarnum 1st May 2007

You write the song, you get the musicians in, you record, mix and master it. Then someone you really want to get it to requests a...

juicylime
replies: 10 views: 1,058
Mondo 1st May 2007

Well, I put out request on GS here for a string arranger to do some work on the new Lou Rhodes album. I had a few replies and I...

toolskid
replies: 3 views: 1,688
krs 1st May 2007

Hi All Im trying to connect a wordclock cable to my MOTU 2408... A simple thing you may think... Anyway for some reason the...

impact studios
replies: 2 views: 806
Dan 1st May 2007

Enough of the swordfighting [email protected]! Who do you like as the best female engineers and producers ???? Please weigh in...

SK1
replies: 60 views: 6,862
KungFuLio 1st May 2007

Got it in my email from waves since i have their ssl package. Though it was pretty cheap since i got the ssl at half price as a...

StrykeBack
replies: 3 views: 937
StrykeBack 1st May 2007

How did you show the artist you had something to offer? As this was your FIRST producing gig, you had no proven trackrecord, so...

goatie
replies: 3 views: 2,786
Auslander 1st May 2007

I've got a few songs where the bass line is great sounding but just not quite tight enough in a few places. Retracking isn't an...

juicylime
replies: 19 views: 4,164
Gear Tramp 1st May 2007

So I can't seem to null out this latancy. Coax or ADAT doesn't matter, my Mini-DAC just has too damn much. I've tried...

Gravity
replies: 5 views: 991
Gravity 1st May 2007

Newbie here and there are a few things I do not know what some of you are talking about and would like to know an explanation of!...

rystro
replies: 5 views: 3,341
rystro 1st May 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search