The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting external converters: probably Mytek Stereo ADC 96 and Benchmark DAC1. Before shelling out...

grexter
replies: 4 views: 1,575
mytek 4th August 2007

In keeping with the theme of this thread: Why-do-you-compress-smash-room-mics-ohs Wondering what you folks are doing with EQ...

Autocrat
replies: 2 views: 1,614
not_so_new 4th August 2007
replies: - views: -
butterfly 4th August 2007

Nice article on Mike/Wunder in the new Tape Op mag. For some reason I had never made the Wunder/Misty Hill connection before....

Meriphew
replies: 1 views: 912
HudHudson 4th August 2007

ok so this is an incredible album imo. i would love to know a bit about the production and engineering on this record. does...

jdjustice
replies: 0 views: 941
jdjustice 3rd August 2007

Hi folks, I recently picked up a Vox Repeat Percussion unit and while putting in a new battery the yellow wire has come off the...

Digam11
replies: 1 views: 881
Kiwiburger 3rd August 2007

The 2.5" drives can run off of USB power, take up a little less room wherever you are, and can now be purchased at 7200RPM. ...

hduncan
replies: 7 views: 722
ddageek 3rd August 2007

alrighty, i'll be recording someone next week who wants to track as many elements as possible / practical live in the one...

dubrichie
replies: 11 views: 1,387
djbrough 3rd August 2007

Anyone have any inside stuff on this? Incredible record. I'm really curious about the drums particularly. Amazing drum sounds.

redddog
replies: 34 views: 6,824
csimprov 3rd August 2007

Gearslutz is a great forum for recording purposes, but my start and true passion is in sound reinforcement. I mean I already...

Jejune
replies: 2 views: 606
macrae11 3rd August 2007

Hey everyone, How necessary is a power conditioner? Right now, I'm just running my G5, 002, two computer monitors, and two...

wallawannabe
replies: 11 views: 3,230
The Byre 3rd August 2007

If you were to get your very first outboard and all you had was an u87 and a germanium pre, which of these packages would you...

Kim Crimson
replies: 8 views: 991
chandlersonic 3rd August 2007

Hello everybody, i am still thinking which pre-amp(s) is the right thing for me to get? Mainly i record percussion...

Frederick
replies: 19 views: 1,426
mejon 3rd August 2007

Hi everybody! A couple of days ago a client of mine told me that a new studio is about to open in my area. He said...

erwinor
replies: 2 views: 677
hle144 3rd August 2007

Dear all I am think to get another reference Monitor. I got ADAM A7 and BoomBox. Hope to get one pair Passive with Adcom...

alyi
replies: 0 views: 1,641
alyi 3rd August 2007

I was talking to a friend about my 610 and was wondering if anybody know if this is a 60's version or later,I've seen that the...

The dman
replies: 10 views: 3,358
MJGreene Audio 3rd August 2007
replies: - views: -
Jules 3rd August 2007

I really have no idea if the answer to this is obvious or not as I typically do a lot of tracking rather than mixing up until...

wilkinswp
replies: 12 views: 3,055
not_so_new 3rd August 2007

Hello I'm curious about what price the electrodyne 711 and 311 raw modules would go for. The ones I found are in excellent...

FredrikCarno
replies: 3 views: 1,193
Silvertone 3rd August 2007

Hi guys, you have waited and wondered why and now we can announce that the Orpheus will now feature AES! Prism Sound have...

Junkie
replies: 0 views: 895
Junkie 3rd August 2007

So, I think I'm going to give the API lunch box a try. Seems like a better investment over a bunch of $500 rack units, although...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 20 views: 1,381
Barry Lird 3rd August 2007

My monitors suck! They are KRK C3000B's. They start rolling off around 300Hz and disappear completely by 150Hz. Maybe they were...

Jaguar Dreams
replies: 8 views: 1,074
wallawannabe 3rd August 2007

Can anybody explain differences between PZM 30D and PZM 30GP? thanks TC

tomcolliva
replies: 0 views: 2,202
tomcolliva 3rd August 2007

I'm a big fan Joan Osborne's "One of us", I just think it's such an amazing song. I'm curious about the recording...

gainreduction
replies: 33 views: 5,587
chrisgraff 3rd August 2007

double post

Lorddiagram
replies: 0 views: 742
Lorddiagram 3rd August 2007

Hiya, A truly overlooked thing Ive found is that many studios around here aren't vibed out. They are just there... ZZzzzZZZzzz ...

fooman
replies: 6 views: 1,154
pro 3rd August 2007

Actually I have a 162 vu , all the lights vome on , it passes audio, but doesn't compress any more. Who fixes these?

bonneybear
replies: 3 views: 1,187
HudHudson 3rd August 2007

When the hihat is just too loud in the overheads, anyone here who prefer to automate lower volume in the overheads-tracks at the...

blackcom
replies: 12 views: 7,761
Vum 3rd August 2007

Not sure which forum to put this in, so feel free to move.... The Search function has two annoying traits: 1) the limit of...

Resonant Alien
replies: 2 views: 660
obostic 3rd August 2007

Hi, I'm about to buy a Toft ATB 24 track console and need to update my sound-card. I currently have a mac-book pro with an RME...

jonnypowell
replies: 10 views: 1,328
warhead 3rd August 2007

right now i am using a line 6 ux2, and soon i will have a firepod. my plan is to use about 7 mics on drums, and then with the...

sgrocker
replies: 0 views: 803
sgrocker 3rd August 2007

We're looking for a rackmount cd player. Preferably one that displays cd text info. Anyone have a favorite?

Dopamine
replies: 7 views: 1,342
Cellotron 3rd August 2007

I am getting ready to expand from an 8 space rack and wondered if there was any reason I couldn't just build my own. I am pretty...

flail19
replies: 19 views: 40,606
bee 3rd August 2007

Hi, I just want to know from those of you that have experience with these two virtual instruments, which one is the best one to...

inthecorner
replies: 4 views: 3,107
ricfoxx 2nd August 2007

I've noticed something curious in the two mixes out there of this song (the original from Ten and Brendan O'Brien's remix on...

Stephen B.
replies: 0 views: 1,877
Stephen B. 2nd August 2007

I was reading the Radar thread earlier and didn't want to hijack it. I've heard some good things about Radar, but I guess I'm...

wallawannabe
replies: 4 views: 784
wallawannabe 2nd August 2007

I used to own a Pod XT and kind of regret selling it...I'm contemplating getting another one, but wonder if it would be worth...

chrisrulesmore
replies: 3 views: 660
Penny 2nd August 2007

I have heard people say that the C24 digidesign is crap. I own a C24. I have nothing to compare it to. Is the Advocet or...

Joji
replies: 1 views: 984
Kenny Gioia 2nd August 2007

watch this video till about 40 seconds and there are some toms being played, but they sound really low... I thought that maybe...

hduncan
replies: 5 views: 934
Chrisc_o 2nd August 2007

I am the new owner of an American Deluxe strat. This is my first use of a tremolo arm. The arm is supposed to be snap-in. I...

feyshay
replies: 2 views: 2,747
feyshay 2nd August 2007

I think it's an interesting question--the power of the pocketbook applied to audio gear. Are we really above that discussion? Are...

bashville
replies: 59 views: 3,197
7161 2nd August 2007

I know you can't fall down without landing on a studio in Nashville but I have some specific needs. Sorry for the long post. My...

txgator
replies: 12 views: 1,298
Irish 2nd August 2007

when you guys a build a mix do you set the kick bass snare and vocal where you want it and then never move those volumes and...

vaesion
replies: 13 views: 1,078
BJohnston 2nd August 2007

Hey, peeps! I'm running this I/O with PTHD3. I'm wondering about the ADAT I/O on the DA and wondering if I can use it with my...

darkwater
replies: 2 views: 618
LoopQuantum 2nd August 2007

bought a used PS1. has 4 inputs (mix, tape1,2,3) and 3 outputs (source, tape2,3). it did not come with a manual so im not sure...

Rea
replies: 1 views: 792
stuntbutt 2nd August 2007

Hey people. I'm having a small home studio, I'm no pro but I would like to develop and have sleepless nights about which...

Polarelch
replies: 16 views: 1,081
u b k 2nd August 2007

I'm looking to get insurance on my studio. My question is, when you make a list of your equipment, how you determine the value...

Mozart
replies: 8 views: 916
audiobylaw 2nd August 2007

so lately i have been trying to run my studio more efficiently and business like. one thing i have noticed is that allot of...

daeve
replies: 1 views: 972
hle144 2nd August 2007

Here me out before you yell at me, but I have personally found that some kick drum mics have turned out to be excellent death...

James Krumhansl
replies: 6 views: 2,066
octatonic 2nd August 2007

I've heard from certain (pretty reputable) sources that mains conditioning isn't really an issue in the UK because the grid is...

nobo
replies: 0 views: 862
nobo 2nd August 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search