The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

what could you recommend? budget is about 2000$ thx

pete
replies: 2 views: 1,496
turk sanchez 11th December 2007

My snare tracks tend to sound dead because my snare doesn't have much ring to it and I end up adding reverb with a long...

heisleyamor
replies: 44 views: 4,895
Ben B 11th December 2007

I use an attenuator for my api 512c to drive it harder. For those of you who use these for drums, how hard do you drive the input...

Sid Menon
replies: 4 views: 1,319
Doc Mixwell 11th December 2007

I've got a couple KSM44's and after a few years of use the elastic in the shock mounts has fatigued. One of them is all but...

wm_b
replies: 12 views: 1,980
espasonico 11th December 2007

Has anyone got any tips to do away with my mouse? I have a mackie control but don't feel it's powerful enough to properly put my...

Savernake
replies: 1 views: 625
Savernake 11th December 2007

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this one. I have just been listening to ELO's "Living Thing" and I love...

monkeyspanker
replies: 10 views: 2,231
Fruition2k 11th December 2007

Im just recording a vocal and acoutic guitar, my vocal is breathy pop vocal, maybe like chris from nickel creek, anyway, my...

HAWG_TRAIN
replies: 3 views: 1,067
mojo1 11th December 2007

I have been trying to add more depth to my delays and I have been having a hard time getting what I want. I really enjoy Tom...

ryst
replies: 2 views: 2,258
ryst 11th December 2007

I JUST PURCHASED A MACKIE MDR 24/96 RECORDER FROM A FRIEND. I AM WANTING TO SET IT UP TO WHERE I CAN TRANSFER TO COMPUTER. ANYONE...

ewshirley1980
replies: 2 views: 3,848
river 11th December 2007

I was starting to really consider buying the new powercore x8 system, then I noticed the prices for the optional plug-ins.......

jonnypowell
replies: 14 views: 1,308
jonnypowell 11th December 2007

Hey all ! Know there are lots of other post on this, but just can’t make up my mind. Have to bye me an 8 channel pre with...

Wackner
replies: 23 views: 3,972
mmcfarlane 11th December 2007

I'm thinking mens voices, womens voices, light voice, deep voices. All doing basic spoken word in a room that doesn't sound too...

juicylime
replies: 2 views: 1,204
Bobro 11th December 2007

Hi, I need to replace the 4 valves on an avalon 737. Which of these would you reccommend Philips Cryo 6922 or HARMA...

fastlane
replies: 2 views: 1,327
Gabriel Sousa 11th December 2007

Anyone using these in their mixers? see my post in High...

Mike Derrick
replies: 0 views: 1,042
Mike Derrick 11th December 2007

just got a sm7b, and am looking for advice on a good pre to go with it, i belive it needs a s'#-t load of gain, i have the tg...

asylum
replies: 6 views: 1,060
superburtm 11th December 2007

got a pair, wondering your thoughts about the difference between using them horizontal or vertical. also, is there a recomended...

Rea
replies: 2 views: 1,215
matucha 11th December 2007

I bought these gold plated banana jacks from Radio Shack. The outer shield screws off and you strip the wire and screw it down. ...

DRC
replies: 3 views: 620
tINY 11th December 2007

There seems to be a ton of demand for a device or plug that truly is able to put the magic of tape into digital recordings. If...

guittarzzan
replies: 38 views: 2,776
camus 11th December 2007

Happy holidays... My search has come up empty so far on this specific question...I'm sure it's here somewhere...but I can't find...

amba
replies: 12 views: 978
amba 11th December 2007

Would cherish any advice..... O.K. first here's my setup? First of all I don't record drums (at another studio). G5...

crackerjack
replies: 5 views: 711
crackerjack 11th December 2007

Hey everyone, I have posted a thread here and there on this forum but consider this my introduction. I record primarily in my...

agwhite1014
replies: 13 views: 860
agwhite1014 11th December 2007

I am mixing a song based on acoustic rhythm gts, uptempo, with some percussion and nice drums( no electric guitars!) ....I want...

zak7
replies: 8 views: 1,842
travisbrown 11th December 2007

I'm going to be recording drums in a basement on a carpet with pretty low ceilings...maybe around 8 feet or something like...

heisleyamor
replies: 5 views: 2,449
JWL 11th December 2007

Aiming for 70's sound: think James Taylor, Elton John, Bread. Budget is $400 used. Currently have SM7, AT4033, C414uls.

nuemes
replies: 4 views: 1,421
nuemes 11th December 2007

been reading the new tape op, and it a question that i never thought to ask bopped me on the head.... has andy hong ever *done*...

the yeti
replies: 3 views: 833
bobby yarrow 11th December 2007

If I overload the converters with the digital gain, will that cause any damage?

rpstro02
replies: 1 views: 738
matt thomas 11th December 2007

I have a band that is asking about this effect with bass they say its done it metal. anyone here familiar with this and how it is...

andygomez
replies: 8 views: 6,922
BLueROom 11th December 2007

Ok, so I'm now recording on a Pro Tools HD3 system, (huge jump for me, since my last rig from home was a roland 1680... ouch) and...

iamthetruth
replies: 4 views: 2,914
DSD_Mastering 11th December 2007

I'm using pretty much any cable I can find for recording. I use Livewire cables i believe for my monitors to my firepod...and...

heisleyamor
replies: 21 views: 2,626
elambo 11th December 2007

I know this far from an original thought, especially on these boards. But I had to talk to somebody, and no one else was...

Matthew Murray
replies: 22 views: 842
mikecorwin 11th December 2007

Hey everyone! I was offered an internship at a post house in NY and I really wanna do it, but I need to find someone to live...

alexp
replies: 1 views: 693
alexp 11th December 2007

I'm looking for a good combo mic pre and mic for recording steel string acoustic guitar. There will be no flat picks or crunky...

kdp
replies: 18 views: 3,144
SighBorg 11th December 2007

haha I know this is pretty lame...but I have a drumset, mesa boogie dual rectifier with recto cab, gibson electric l6s guitar,...

heisleyamor
replies: 16 views: 1,039
psycho_monkey 11th December 2007

I have just received and started using the apogee duet and a pair of beyer mc930s for small group recordings and piano- wind...

nomraun
replies: 8 views: 4,390
thermos 11th December 2007

if i'm using a dynamic on the beater side, and a condenser on the resonant side, which microphone should be phase reversed? on a...

ghetto3jon
replies: 18 views: 7,768
chymer 11th December 2007

I am one. I'm wondering if there are any others out there. Let's say, people who got their start in the industry after 30 or so....

backtothemusic
replies: 8 views: 1,272
Musiclab 11th December 2007

Hi guys, I am about to start sampling some keys and woodwind instruments for a small sample library for myself. Initially i...

jimmyz
replies: 5 views: 797
synthoid 11th December 2007

Hi! I tend to not use any reverb or delay in these intruments during mix: Kick Drum Bass HH (most of the time)..also OHs. I...

Fuel
replies: 8 views: 854
bgrotto 11th December 2007

Will be working in a studio next year that has a Mackie Digital 8 bus and a Yamaha O1V 96 just sitting there gathering dust. ...

Andy M.
replies: 2 views: 770
Andy M. 11th December 2007

I just purchase da KORG microKONTROL (usb midi keyboard controller) and for the money it seemed like the best option. I was...

JLit
replies: 2 views: 883
JLit 11th December 2007

I am currently running (2) Motu HD 192's but I am considering buying a used Radar and using it in conjunction with a 2408 for 24...

cubehead
replies: 0 views: 601
cubehead 11th December 2007

I have no real objections to my Shure SM81s, but I've heard a lot of really good things about the Peluso and Josephson SDC that...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 1 views: 625
tINY 11th December 2007

Has anyone had any experience with the Peluso shockmount that is designed to work with the Neumann U87ai? It's a bit cheaper...

radiospace
replies: 3 views: 894
radiospace 11th December 2007
replies: - views: -
synthoid 11th December 2007

Here's a Christmas/Holiday present for all my fellow Slutz.. I can't remember if I actually posted this up here before or if I...

poncival
replies: 1 views: 2,835
Fm_Guy 11th December 2007

any clues regarding melting polyester resin ?i have gain cells out of an OPTRO 303 COMPRESSOR (Australian vintage ,there are no...

princetown
replies: 2 views: 1,916
travisbrown 11th December 2007

I have two Studer A820 8 trk 1" , what I need to do to synchronize both machines ? I know how to synchronize one unit whit...

jtvrdy
replies: 10 views: 1,628
jtvrdy 11th December 2007

i have a neotek series IIIc that im fixing up and doing some balancing mods too. im putting in a whole new patchbay, rewireing...

cornboy7x
replies: 0 views: 921
cornboy7x 11th December 2007

If you have $4500 to spend...which gear you would buy for mixing duties? Can be anything..outboard gear, Plug ins...not monitors...

Fuel
replies: 74 views: 4,251
manthe 10th December 2007

Has anyone used this? Does it work as advertised (I know you can't replace a treated room, but this may help?!?)? Rob

tazman
replies: 5 views: 1,493
Jules 10th December 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search