The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Thomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I notice that when I have people in for studio tours, sometimes if I don't have an example of their sub-genre of musical style...

NathanEldred
replies: 0 views: 561
NathanEldred 25th August 2007

I came across this amp last night. It is a Blues JR with a Jensen Spkr. The Lacquered tweed look is awesome and this amp sounds...

manthe
replies: 0 views: 1,590
manthe 25th August 2007

Hey all....I'm looking into getting a pair of Event 20/20 passive monitors. I'm currently looking at the Alesis RA300 amp to go...

jellisdrum
replies: 7 views: 848
tINY 25th August 2007

What's the most dumbed down way to explain phase to someone that doesn't get it? I commented during a session that something was...

bexarametric
replies: 8 views: 995
Steffmo 25th August 2007

bought 2 ltd-1s about 3 years ago and when you turn the input gain knob up, the audio will cut totally out on most of the click...

maskedman72
replies: 2 views: 595
kats 25th August 2007

hjg

Diegel
replies: 2 views: 668
Marlowe 24th August 2007

I always record at 96kHz and 32bit float but lately I getting tired of freezing channels when the processor is maxing out. I know...

fastlane
replies: 18 views: 1,030
fastlane 24th August 2007

A friend of mine is looking for a 1176`ish native compressor to use in cubase 4? Is there any? I know about the 1176 in the uad...

Jade
replies: 6 views: 3,178
mbrebes 24th August 2007

I would appreciate if anyone who has used this mic in this application would comment on it's sound. I used a real U67 on a Fender...

mprather
replies: 5 views: 1,544
NathanEldred 24th August 2007

I intend to purchase another 10 space API rack. Already have 11 API 500 series modules including two 512s and would like a few...

Jamz
replies: 2 views: 1,083
pan60 24th August 2007

I can get my hand on a few ANTINOISE panels, from the company ANTINOISE.DK... They are 4 centimeter thick. They are made for big...

miqer
replies: 3 views: 716
miqer 24th August 2007

Hey guys, I'm after someone to play some tasty hammond and keys (classics- wurli, rhodes, piano, etc) on an album I am working...

Messiah
replies: 1 views: 963
Messiah 24th August 2007

After spending all of yesterday setting up, were starting tracking tonight on our sophomore cd. Heres a sample of the raw drums...

Rednose
replies: 13 views: 1,312
Rednose 24th August 2007

Hello all, I could use some help here. I`ve posted on some of the different forums here ( found alot of great information ) about...

Digam11
replies: 2 views: 924
Digam11 24th August 2007

Any opinions on this? I know its cheap but does it do its job in a functional non-coloured way? I really just need...

recall
replies: 2 views: 1,167
Byll 24th August 2007

Hey all! I fully intend on using the search function rather than belabor those to endless repetition of prior suggestions, but I...

T_MIX
replies: 3 views: 828
T_MIX 24th August 2007

Is there another accent effect other than the Telephone effect (cutting all the lows & highs essentially) for a song??? I am...

camerondye
replies: 4 views: 762
Freddie Flame 24th August 2007

Any "how to" advice? Guitar> tube preamp> sound card>Guitar Rig/Amplitube> sound card> stereo power...

willerichey
replies: 7 views: 3,963
Adam Thompson 24th August 2007

I'm new to the boards here and have been extensively searching and reading through past posts, but I've come up short with input...

ryanevans
replies: 0 views: 1,726
ryanevans 24th August 2007

I am currently a PC user, but I am fluent with both OS and like both equally. I have never owned a mac before and am now...

hduncan
replies: 19 views: 1,530
hduncan 24th August 2007

Hey i just bought a fender blues junior and love it so far. I play a lot of classic rock, rock and blues, and some more modern...

Baderup99
replies: 7 views: 837
FFTT 24th August 2007

I've been 'itching' to get an external reverb box. I guess I'm just curious as to whether or not it will sound better (on a $600...

manthe
replies: 0 views: 700
manthe 24th August 2007

What foot pedal works and can be used with Tranzport to launch record? Any recommendations? I was hoping to avoid having to...

feyshay
replies: 3 views: 669
skymaster 24th August 2007

Hey folks, Help a guy out. I am trying to build a mobile recording rig with ProTools. Besides preamps and a G5, what digidesign...

tallboypro
replies: 10 views: 765
bluestarbass 24th August 2007

I've been trying to find somewhere that rents a baritone guitar in the Chicago area. Please let me know if you have any...

especht
replies: 2 views: 1,612
especht 24th August 2007

In order to get somewhere in the music business I think you need to be organized and disciplined. You need to know what the good...

RainbowStorm
replies: 0 views: 1,942
RainbowStorm 24th August 2007

Well as you see I am starting a decent studio just for vocals right now but eventually I do want to expand but once I move into a...

prieto1021
replies: 12 views: 1,764
prieto1021 24th August 2007

My studio is wired with Pro Co cable. Would I hear an improvement if I upgraded to a high end cable like Mogami? If so,...

uptoolate
replies: 11 views: 8,177
Chris Kress 24th August 2007

Hi, Does anyone have any tips for recording bells well. Like mics/preamps that work well. I am mainly interested in recording...

littledoodler
replies: 2 views: 2,376
littledoodler 24th August 2007

Hi guys. Do you know of any studios in Perth that have an outstanding grand piano available to record with. Cheers

elfy
replies: 4 views: 453
aussie_techie 24th August 2007

Just curious what some of you out there consider the best deals on upright piano models in terms of price/performance ratio. I am...

mizzle
replies: 18 views: 4,689
jimmyjimjim 24th August 2007

If I honestly looked at how much I spend a month on gear it'd floor economists. I buy gear like I'm buying gasoline. I don't...

soupking
replies: 12 views: 853
bexarametric 24th August 2007

I have used his octosonic pres...and I honestly liked them very much....but man his stuff is almost impossible to find. I'm...

prismtheory
replies: 17 views: 3,382
jayfrigo 24th August 2007

Hey, this is my first post in here, I've been reading this site so far but here I am in a "situation"... I've been...

azulay
replies: 12 views: 1,217
dubrichie 24th August 2007

Holy crap that's a tom mic. I've tried every mic under the sun on toms, found a few I really like, but nothing that was as in the...

tunasafedolphin
replies: 5 views: 1,855
keiffer 24th August 2007

I've been using an SM-81 for my bottom snare mic. What are you guys using?

Protools Guy
replies: 43 views: 4,845
stevep 24th August 2007

I want to go OTB for mixing at home, and I need some guidance with my gear selection. The two paths I am currently contemplating...

samwinston123
replies: 14 views: 1,243
Jay Kahrs 23rd August 2007

I've bought a 40 channel E Series SSL for our new room and have noticed a couple of the Maselec 9001 cards available from time to...

Studiophonics
replies: 0 views: 1,281
Studiophonics 23rd August 2007

I'm curious to know what other slutz are doing to get that nice thick distorted drum sound a la Broken Social Scene, Interpol,...

rootsandruins
replies: 48 views: 9,059
octatonic 23rd August 2007

Are any of you guys mixing with PT ITB and then running back into your mixer to add outboard processing ? I don't like adding...

sada10
replies: 17 views: 3,396
sada10 23rd August 2007

I'm on about a $100-150 budget for a mobo/processor combo, but I figure I can use sites such as tigerdirect.com to grab something...

koobler
replies: 3 views: 1,450
koobler 23rd August 2007

Can anyone tell me the difference between the older JCM 800 2203's and the newer reissue ones, and how do they compare in sound?...

musicguitar
replies: 26 views: 2,604
84K 23rd August 2007

Background: I'm recording mostly acoustic guitar and voice, with the odd bit of MIDI, using Logic Pro. I'm happy with my...

Trent in WA
replies: 0 views: 861
Trent in WA 23rd August 2007

I know the GFA-545 is popular with these, but would a GFA-535 work? Someone on the board called it a "giant killer" I...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 4 views: 3,981
undertone 23rd August 2007

Hi all, I'm wondering if those in the industry know how to go about getting an artist (a singer) signed to another label to...

Saudade
replies: 9 views: 6,349
Stevil 23rd August 2007

Anybody know what tube goes in V1(I guess)..the tube socket closest to the XLR input in the rear? thanks.

amost
replies: 4 views: 801
barryjohns 23rd August 2007

Not necessarily my favorite, but they are handy at a gig. This is as cheap as I have seen them, and there are only 16...

vodka gimli
replies: 1 views: 660
Cornchuck 23rd August 2007

I have an opportunity to buy a MX400 for $200. I've read and researched the product and it gets mixed reviews. I'd love to...

manthe
replies: 0 views: 2,818
manthe 23rd August 2007

I hope this is not the wrong category to post this question... But it is almost impossible to find out the actual pricing of...

The Listener
replies: 5 views: 7,991
The Listener 23rd August 2007

Anyone have any idea if this thing is out yet? Anyone tried it...

ryst
replies: 1 views: 1,500
NathanEldred 23rd August 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search