The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

how do you guy's keep the bass on laptop speakers, what frequency's should I am for so that it wont disapear ?

seb37000
replies: 13 views: 1,420
explorer 4th October 2007

Which will bypass the A-D conversion section on the Digi002? is it ADAT? or by going SPIDF?

lucasmusic
replies: 2 views: 573
maskedman72 4th October 2007

Trying to get my Martin acoustic bass to sound a little smoother in a mix. It seems a little too separate from the drums...

montanasan
replies: 11 views: 1,698
scuzzywuzzy 4th October 2007

It's all over, bar the updating! With the release of Apple's Logic 8, people got a much more refined, bugfree platform for...

chrisj
replies: 5 views: 1,023
chrisj 4th October 2007

Hey there, The last few projects I took to mastering all ended up being put through a WEISS dynamic eq and compress at 8.7K....

passenger
replies: 13 views: 5,950
toolskid 4th October 2007

I just got a KT 780 reverb off eBay for a pretty reasonable price I think. This thing is awesome. I'm really stoked to have some...

soupking
replies: 3 views: 799
ktf 4th October 2007

Hi, I got a call this morning to fill in for a session tomorrow. thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup Apparently the producer and...

maestromiles
replies: 6 views: 809
goatsound 4th October 2007

Howdy ho! diddlydoo Long time lurker, first time poster here. Getting ready to jump headfirst into the wild world of mic...

ricman
replies: 9 views: 2,128
pan60 4th October 2007

Hi slutz, I would like to add another pair of lo-fi/consumer/PC type speakers to check my mixes. Any recomendations ? ...

David-Morpheus
replies: 16 views: 2,800
Silver Sonya 4th October 2007

Hi, im new in the forum, and im starting my own studio and i will like some advice, im in the conflict of which microphone buy, i...

Bolo
replies: 0 views: 579
Bolo 4th October 2007

Does anyone have any space available in or around NYC, that would be willing to let me stay them? For many reasons my plans fell...

conquest
replies: 1 views: 594
tenor39 4th October 2007

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what they think the problem may be on my Drawmer 1960 pre amp. Basically I have...

AURORA4DTH
replies: 0 views: 642
AURORA4DTH 4th October 2007

Ok I have been really frustrated with this issue. I have a Roland Fantom S and an MPC 1000 I want my mpc as a master and fantom...

prieto1021
replies: 2 views: 702
prieto1021 4th October 2007

So my band (MySpace.com - Lorieta Sound - PLEASANT GROVE, Utah - Happy Hardcre / Rock / Pop - www.myspace.com/lorietasound) is...

megamat
replies: 3 views: 644
megamat 4th October 2007

We were given this Midas desk a couple years ago, it's missing the power supply which I did plan on sorting out but as it has...

china jam
replies: 1 views: 1,974
china jam 4th October 2007

I have composed a celtic-style composition and in the end of it I played a vocal part of LZ Gallows Pole on guitar. Just for fun....

moi
replies: 9 views: 1,035
Lee 3rd October 2007

I'm new to this forum... I've read a ton of mic threads here including a great shootout thread by johhnybregar which included...

kirkbross
replies: 16 views: 1,563
kirkbross 3rd October 2007

Hey all, I'm probably going to go to the hardware store and just buy some basic hooks to attach to the walls of the mixer case,...

The Greening
replies: 1 views: 529
Jay Kahrs 3rd October 2007

Hello I´m sitting here with 5 different microphones, trying to figure out which is the better, and i somewhat feel it really...

Mats
replies: 2 views: 814
Empty Planet 3rd October 2007

hey guys, I'm looking for an MS decoder. I've had a wtb thread going for a bit on the classifieds (looking for the discontinued...

alschnier
replies: 9 views: 2,068
[email protected] 3rd October 2007

I read an interview with Andy Wallace from mixonline.com where he talks about editing analog tape. Taken from Tech Tips from...

Joemamma
replies: 7 views: 2,652
Sigma 3rd October 2007

Hey guys I'm looking for the best monitors under and around $4,000 a pair to replace my genelec 1031A's any thoughts? So far I'm...

Diegel
replies: 18 views: 2,902
polycorn 3rd October 2007

Is the saffire a better choice? quality wise like with pre's/convertors? ignoring the fact that you get pt with the mbox2.

pikapikapi
replies: 1 views: 855
DSMrehearsal 3rd October 2007

Anyone used both. I probably won't use to mix - mainly for the wow factor and to check HP filters on vox. I am using the JBL...

bdunard
replies: 0 views: 1,350
bdunard 3rd October 2007

My monitoring signal path is Cubase -> RME Multiface -> Genelec monitors. Cubase is 32-float, RME DA converters are...

sound_forward
replies: 4 views: 2,734
DAS 3rd October 2007

Hello, I have so so converters Creamware A16Ultra with Scope Pro card (Z link). I can grab a Aardsync II. on the ebay and clock...

Purusha
replies: 1 views: 637
tINY 3rd October 2007

I don't get it. We took a file that we have worked on ITB for years with many rock and orchestral overdubs and summed it out...

timsmolens
replies: 135 views: 7,311
ulysses 3rd October 2007

Hiya! I would like to one day own something a bit higher-end for my volume controller and monitor switching... but right now I...

fooman
replies: 13 views: 1,093
Ethan Winer 3rd October 2007

Jammie Thomas and her lawyer Brian Toder talk outside the federal courthouse in Duluth on Tuesday. Thomas is accused by the...

Sounds Great
replies: 3 views: 734
dlmorley 3rd October 2007

Saw it yesterday. It's an awesome film. Very inspiring and educating. The players are as good as they were all those years ago....

sedohr
replies: 52 views: 2,743
sedohr 3rd October 2007

I often see people talking about how great the dynamic range is in some gear, let's say a preamp. We all need and use...

AdamZuf
replies: 5 views: 1,936
AdamZuf 3rd October 2007

Any hint of plagiarism? I composed this track being inspired by a famous composition of 60s. But I don’t know if it should be...

moi
replies: 1 views: 546
Stizz 3rd October 2007

I searched, but didn't find much. Please point me in the right direction if I am missing something. I am considereing...

uptoolate
replies: 6 views: 949
uptoolate 3rd October 2007

Hi does anyone know a good electronic kit in a decent price range... what kind of things do you need to look out for with...

Tunes 666
replies: 5 views: 2,156
jchas 3rd October 2007

Group buys! In all kinds of forums you see heaps and heaps of group buys. Little things like if you get 15 or so guys together...

dobz
replies: 1 views: 646
Claude G. 3rd October 2007

I have an opt. to buy a used Digidesign Pre 8 for a great buy or a new Presonus Digimax FS. Which would be better for tracking...

stresstour
replies: 2 views: 865
Sid Viscous 3rd October 2007

Ive been throwing around this idea of hosting a gearslutz gathering at my Hotel here in Poland (150 km north of prague and 150 km...

bigos
replies: 16 views: 982
videoteque 3rd October 2007

There will be a couple of consecutive evenings dedicated to launching some new products from DPA microphones on both October 16th...

Scott 1/2 Normal
replies: 0 views: 229
Scott 1/2 Normal 3rd October 2007

Ok Owens Cornings or other fibreglass brands are apparently price-prohibitive where I live. The distributor recommended Rockwool...

Saudade
replies: 1 views: 1,028
Glenn Kuras 3rd October 2007

I am about to rewire my new room from scratch. I would love some advise on the best way to do it before I start. The...

uptoolate
replies: 4 views: 637
stevep 3rd October 2007

Can anyone describe the mixing chain they like to use for solo piano? Particularly after it has been tracked. What plugs, if...

jdvmi
replies: 3 views: 982
fifthcircle 3rd October 2007

I talked to all of the dealers about 3 months ago and the consensus was they were dead in the water. But i'm seeing a lot of...

The Kamillion
replies: 20 views: 1,930
bing81 3rd October 2007

Sure I'm about a year late on this phenomenon of sketches but damn are they funny. They're no "shreds" videos but still...

CraigM
replies: 3 views: 964
sparklehorse617 3rd October 2007

what is it about t.v. sound and what are specific techniques,tricks etc used to achieve it? example is one of my fave shows, the...

Audio Hombre
replies: 2 views: 620
extendedplay 3rd October 2007

A friend of a friend is offering me a Thomas Organ from the "70's" that is 2 teir and in fairly good condition. Anyone...

Pasta4lnch
replies: 8 views: 9,808
Pasta4lnch 3rd October 2007

need a monitior controller and narrowed down to these two. SPL Volume 2 (active)and the M-patch 2 (passive) i thought...

Spec
replies: 6 views: 2,736
Spec 3rd October 2007

I just recorded a track with bandoneon, sweet sounding. But the problem was that the bandoneon is tuned at 443hz and it was an...

petterericsson
replies: 6 views: 1,913
bdmctear 3rd October 2007

I needed a good set of SMALL reference monitors for a small room and went down to my local GC for a test drive of a short list of...

opium89
replies: 8 views: 6,323
markk02474 3rd October 2007

Hey guys, I am looking for a pair of headphones to get for under $100??? Any recommendations. I am an audio productions...

sethbrand_12
replies: 2 views: 990
warhead 3rd October 2007

Here's my dilhema, I have small room that I use for mixing and need a set of speakers that are compact yet extremely detailed and...

opium89
replies: 7 views: 1,139
warhead 3rd October 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search