The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi I've been offer one of these old units For $350 I can't say i know a hell of a lot about Altec but would this be a good...

krisstoff
replies: 3 views: 877
espen askelad 8th September 2007

on "As Daylight Dies" ....anyone know it? It honestly sounds like a 57 through an API or something ...at least the...

BLueROom
replies: 3 views: 1,675
BLueROom 8th September 2007

Seriously. Perspective in social terms means intelligent perspective. Every Neumann U47 sounds different for starters, so case...

soupking
replies: 10 views: 1,353
themaidsroom 8th September 2007

Rock wool, R19 or Owens Corning 703/705? Advantages, disadvantages...sufficient/overkill...cost vs performance? - Single...

Jamz
replies: 3 views: 1,929
lowfreq33 8th September 2007

Hi all! I have one of my new creations up for auction right now. It is a Newcomb mixer that I have tweaked out and made into...

tablebeast
replies: 3 views: 2,435
tablebeast 8th September 2007

I'm trying to configure the O2R96 as a control surface for PT HD but I can't get them to communicate with each other. On the...

guy1
replies: 1 views: 929
guy1 8th September 2007

I need a UK AC adapter for an FMR Really Nice Preamp (bought from the USA since they're impossible to find in the UK), can I just...

iamthecosmos
replies: 1 views: 810
deegone 8th September 2007

there are any company or person who repaire pro tools cards? only digidesign can repaire core and accel cards ? there are no...

ventura33
replies: 0 views: 542
ventura33 8th September 2007

Hello slutz, I just got myself a Amek bc3 24ch desk, with tranformers mounted on the mic/line channels (22!) However, the...

claesbjo
replies: 0 views: 1,314
claesbjo 8th September 2007

I thought I'd just share my recent experience recording a great jazz group. I have been recording a record for a new singer that...

druhms
replies: 10 views: 1,077
druhms 8th September 2007

I cannot find any info about this Mic pre (Focusrite Gold Voice Master 2) at all. The body is 2 U plate form (2Ch. + EQ + Comp.)...

kbjazzman
replies: 3 views: 643
kbjazzman 8th September 2007

Hi Have seen a couple of swedes here on the forum and was wondering if any of you know anything about the album...

tho_dk
replies: 0 views: 722
tho_dk 8th September 2007

I'll be heading to Boston on the 18th of this month and I'll be there til the 25th. Just wondering if there were any...

Anahamkarah
replies: 0 views: 734
Anahamkarah 8th September 2007

Hey there I was wondering what everyone thought the ultimate direct guitar solution is. I have a tonelab, Damage control...

Energie
replies: 6 views: 928
themaidsroom 8th September 2007

Has anybody tried this? Does it work well? confoosed Here's a link explaining using Cat5 for speaker wire: DIY Cat5 Speaker...

Tommy-boy
replies: 4 views: 2,354
travisbrown 8th September 2007

Anyone used these? What do they sound like?

scking
replies: 4 views: 2,197
scking 8th September 2007

Hi Slutz: I'm looking for a soft synth (or maybe I'd do hardware if that was the best solution) that can replicate an orchestra. ...

manofsong
replies: 21 views: 1,685
manofsong 8th September 2007

Title says it all. What's the current market value on Ampex MM1100/1200 machines these days? 16 trk or 24 trk and in good shape...

GL Respect Due
replies: 6 views: 2,104
gevermil 8th September 2007

I have a nice preamp and a JDI that I use for basically everything, I dont do a whole lot of tracking into my computer, so I was...

hduncan
replies: 4 views: 773
plus6vu 8th September 2007

I only have experience with some decent 2 bus compressors (Rolls 755, Vari-Mu) for that mix glue. I am curious if others with a...

jackmac
replies: 18 views: 1,808
AllAboutTone 8th September 2007

Hey all! Maybe its wrong forum to ask, electroniks maybe more appropriate but I`ll give it a shot. I`m struggling to recreate...

Pahnikhovsky
replies: 1 views: 637
cooker 8th September 2007

The website of a mastering house in Nashville (Independent Mastering) suggested mixing to split stereo instead of interleaved for...

HockeyMike
replies: 19 views: 14,231
Sigma 8th September 2007

Ok, so I want to get a decent ITB setup, with some outboard and mics. Obviously this is going to take me awhile considering i...

basskater87
replies: 11 views: 831
basskater87 8th September 2007

Hi guys. I am trying to use Line 6's Gear Box software in tandem with it's audio interface, the 37 note KB37 as my controller,...

Staycenator
replies: 0 views: 652
Staycenator 7th September 2007
replies: 0 views: 418
Weepit 7th September 2007

Hi every one. I'd like to say hello to the forum users in general and start a topic on studio monitors. I think it would be...

kris618
replies: 3 views: 957
tINY 7th September 2007

Want to know the benefits of mixing through a stereo EQ over leaving it to mastering? I keep reading about top engineers doing...

jonnypowell
replies: 9 views: 1,219
RoundBadge 7th September 2007

I have a question about mic placement, WRT battling phase issues. I understand the 'rule-of-thumb' (didn't the original...

manthe
replies: 10 views: 1,496
pkautzsch 7th September 2007

I'm looking to pick up a pair of the new active ones. Does anyone have these? I heard they were suppose to start shipping Sep...

sahiaman
replies: 1 views: 673
flute player 7th September 2007

Has anyone A/B-ed the converters in the Mackie 800r with anything of higher quality? I've compared the preamps, but I wonder to...

Dave Lewis
replies: 1 views: 1,200
CassidyGT 7th September 2007

Hey Slutz, I demoed the CSP and loved it. BUT, the demo ran out and I forgot to check to see if there were limiter settings that...

indie
replies: 3 views: 1,882
johnwayne 7th September 2007

Very interesting product.

Tony Shepperd
replies: 2 views: 2,419
Schmacko 7th September 2007

I got a set of 2" foams, hoping it can absorb some early reflections. they are absolutely useless POS. I can breathe...

mrdosun
replies: 11 views: 1,953
nosebleedaudio 7th September 2007

There are certain things that come up all the times - either thoughts or specific phrases, I thought it might be fun &...

Daddy No
replies: 15 views: 1,293
abell1234 7th September 2007

Are there any bus-powered firewire interfaces that don't require an external power supply?

hduncan
replies: 15 views: 1,128
hduncan 7th September 2007

hi gearslutz;) i'm an young austrian producer and i'm really interested how the "big" producers cope with mics and...

jules_from_aut
replies: 13 views: 3,721
Akoppenheffer 7th September 2007

I run a decently-equipped, "boutique"-sized studio in Vancouver. While I've had a few clients from far-flung places...

HockeyMike
replies: 15 views: 1,031
Bassmankr 7th September 2007

hi guys, whats the best cab to run a mesa dual recto through? ive heard the marshall cabs get rid of that nasty hi end fizz...

obolewis
replies: 5 views: 1,044
Jim Williams 7th September 2007

What are some good alternatives to a u87. Looking for a workhorse mic thats not overpriced like the 87. I wouldn't mind an...

Igotsoul4u
replies: 8 views: 1,482
Jim Williams 7th September 2007

Picked this up the other day, a little late to the party. I've always loved CC's voice, even as it has mellowed and changed...

vixapphire
replies: 58 views: 3,152
vixapphire 7th September 2007

I am geekin out and gettin ready to do some Taylor 814ce guitar shootouts for myself.... Sm81, Sen e905, sen 441, Rode K2, sen...

Yetti
replies: 23 views: 1,624
Yetti 7th September 2007
replies: 3 views: 1,882
T- Funk Ian 7th September 2007

Good Day, I have been out of the recording scene for a few years because of my IT consulting business taking off. Now that...

StillCrazy
replies: 0 views: 668
StillCrazy 7th September 2007

I have a neve 3415A module. Is it worth it to rack it? Will it sound cool? What should I expect to pay?

slaves666
replies: 3 views: 1,421
nosebleedaudio 7th September 2007

Hi All, I'm just wondering for the ITB types out there -- are there particular plugs that you strap across the master before...

JES
replies: 62 views: 5,906
Ahellam 7th September 2007

hello gearslutz- I have an old ADAT tape which I am lead to believe is 16 bit (not 100% on that) that I need transferred to WAV...

AloeHombre
replies: 0 views: 636
AloeHombre 7th September 2007

do any of you mix guys work at 88.2 regardless of what sample rate the tracks come in as? if so... what do you use to convert...

jerdude
replies: 1 views: 859
Ahellam 7th September 2007

Ive been doing some personal kick and snare shootouts with the 3124 and the Trident s20. First of all i have not tried using both...

AllAboutTone
replies: 14 views: 1,380
AllAboutTone 7th September 2007

Hey fellow Slutz! I have a session this weekend with a Hardcore/Metal band. I've listened to that type of music to prepare but...

csiking
replies: 6 views: 3,091
BLueROom 7th September 2007

Just wonderiing if/where there is to go if I were to need a rehersal space for short-term. I'll be in OC through the end of the...

Schmacko
replies: 1 views: 539
bitman 7th September 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search