The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

2" tape is the best compressor/limiter ever!!!!! Who's with me? boing I don't even care about 1176's anymore! gooof ...

Joemamma
replies: 38 views: 2,676
ctms777 8th October 2007

i do a fair amount of recording college audition material for a variety of instruments with piano accompaniment. i used to use...

jnorman
replies: 1 views: 587
dan p 8th October 2007

Hi all, I'm looking for a great vocal mic / great all rounder I suppose! I've been offered a UM70 described as ' It...

primemeat64
replies: 4 views: 948
Reptil 8th October 2007

After spending several hours reading through threads, I finally want to make a decision and buy my first and for all purposes...

noeruchang
replies: 19 views: 2,277
elambo 8th October 2007

hi! i'm new in this fantastic place. i've a beautiful room and i'm looking to create a little place where i can make my...

calvizio
replies: 2 views: 619
calvizio 8th October 2007

Hi everyone, I'd like to buy a pair of focals today driving over the border to take advantage of the dollar and to bring them...

pianokeys
replies: 2 views: 674
Slaytex 8th October 2007

I've been reading some of the topics here about copyrighting music, but I still have some questions. 1. How does a group go...

Neruk
replies: 7 views: 4,803
Elk 8th October 2007

what do you slutz think of this for a second set of monitors? since everybody listens at home or work on this type of thing, it...

indie
replies: 1 views: 784
numrologst 8th October 2007

I have a month off from school this winter and want to work on some project from my home. I have two non-paying gigs (my own band...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 16 views: 854
centurymantra 8th October 2007

I like to move around a lot when I record. Are wireless headphones acceptable for monitoring/tracking? If so, what's an...

johnlanou
replies: 0 views: 1,452
johnlanou 8th October 2007

what do you think of crookwood router ? do you have any experience with using it for mastering ? what are other routers...

TurnT
replies: 1 views: 1,102
Tousana 8th October 2007

Hi, I noticed that there is some sort of foam (or some other similar material) inside the A7s' bass reflex ports on the...

implant
replies: 3 views: 1,265
baikonour 8th October 2007

I have an order on diffirent gear going out soon and thinking about adding these to it.. Just thought I would check what ppl...

perx
replies: 14 views: 2,020
The Listener 8th October 2007

Hey guys, I am curious, how are the MOTU adda converters compared to an apogee or digi interface. I am talking about the MOTU...

sethbrand_12
replies: 29 views: 5,815
FMNYC 8th October 2007

i have a mackie 1620 mixer that i use for summing. it's a major difference from summing itb but i think i have grown a little and...

e-are
replies: 1 views: 748
dan p 8th October 2007

Hello Gearslutz, I'm looking for nice sounding monoreverbs, I mean those ones which surprises when you discover that they were...

Andreas G
replies: 5 views: 1,143
Andreas G 8th October 2007

im checking out SNOCAP and it seems pretty good but they dont mention a lot of things. anyone using this services and have...

gsilbers
replies: 23 views: 4,915
Protools Guy 8th October 2007

Hi! I'd like to build my own website and sell music on it. SNOCAP seems to be the best way to achieve it so far but it seems...

cwar05
replies: 19 views: 1,694
Oliver Chesler 8th October 2007

I have been on the hunt for a good tape saturation plugin.... yes i know you will never totally get the right sound, but I think...

Tunes 666
replies: 0 views: 2,904
Tunes 666 8th October 2007

Wow. mezed Rolling Stones tour grossed more than $500 mln - Yahoo! News NASHVILLE (Billboard) - The final tally on the...

Sounds Great
replies: 35 views: 2,720
Vandergraf 8th October 2007

Just wondering if anyone has an ionic breeze or 2 in their studio. Is it as great as it seems? I never saw this debated, but...

amishsixstringe
replies: 6 views: 1,273
s_sibs 8th October 2007

Hi ALL! My wife & I are about to go visit the show. Suddenly our daughter and gear enthused boyfriend want to tag...

88fingerz
replies: 0 views: 532
88fingerz 8th October 2007

1) Lava Lamp 2) The Three Stooges finger puppets 3) Poster of The Beatles... to remind me that I have more gear than they ever...

vodka gimli
replies: 19 views: 1,218
Jonsos 8th October 2007

Hi I'm trying to work out what swing is in terms of drum programming (clocks). What drums are delayed or pushed forward? Is...

celebritymusic
replies: 4 views: 800
H-Rezz 8th October 2007

Hi, I'm interested in reading your technique of mixing. How do you decide how much to compress and how much to ride? Do you...

AdamZuf
replies: 10 views: 2,681
Sigma 8th October 2007

Tascam 48-OB, 1/2" Tape. I might get hold of this one. Anyone here having any experience with it? Is it any good? I´m...

Mats
replies: 6 views: 730
vernier 8th October 2007

Does this sound right to you guys. I heard a rumor that Roland will not honor their warranty on any gear bought from...

elfy
replies: 28 views: 951
davioh 8th October 2007

Michael Brauer had a Master class where he showed us about the relationship with the artist, A&R etc and how to deal with...

AMIEL
replies: 4 views: 1,401
AMIEL 8th October 2007

Hi there first post and it's quite a serious one. I plan to start a small studio in a purpose built little barn, it's stone...

Talkback Mike
replies: 2 views: 674
Talkback Mike 8th October 2007

I just noticed that the faceplates on the front of most of my 19" units (especially the Flamingo and Germanium pres) are...

MrVelvet
replies: 4 views: 738
Tim 8th October 2007

I need a good pair of stands for my HR824s. Is there anything I need to look for in a stand, besides quality, stability and...

uptoolate
replies: 1 views: 1,444
mikecorwin 8th October 2007

I've used to use a desktop for recording, but because of the need for portability I'm using a MacBook now and need an external...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 9 views: 684
RCM - Ronan 8th October 2007

At zzounds, they have the motu 828mkII in both usb 2.0 and firewire versions. Is there a difference between these 2 in quality?...

pikapikapi
replies: 2 views: 633
travisbrown 8th October 2007

when I use the softlimit of apogee adconverter. the softlimited recorded audio sounds dull cutting high frequency. therefore i...

bluesj
replies: 3 views: 5,114
bluesj 8th October 2007

Hey I first started recording, with my Alesis Multimix 12 firewire mixer. I recently got an 003 over the summer. Will I have any...

Baderup99
replies: 3 views: 574
Baderup99 8th October 2007

Has anyone here used the Pearlman TM2s versus other mics in the similar category? ANy recommendations please... I have an AKG...

CJ1973
replies: 1 views: 1,396
CJ1973 8th October 2007

I bought these from Amazon, plugged them in and as long as I keep the volume low to mid, they sound great, but when I go louder I...

barryjohns
replies: 0 views: 982
barryjohns 8th October 2007

So far.. The 'tweaker' pen with phillips and flat head screwdrivers from the RMG tape stand! V handy, especially if you...

Jules
replies: 12 views: 2,885
Cellotron 8th October 2007

Inside the world's best recording studio -recording Glenn Gould. YouTube - Glenn Gould Moments- P.06 The Ending YouTube -...

vernier
replies: 6 views: 1,403
84K 8th October 2007

whats the flatest frequency mic out there? just curious.

lucasmusic
replies: 14 views: 1,991
29327 8th October 2007

ive heard these are both based on the AKG C12. has anyone tries the two side by side? ive tried the T3 and i really like it...

shona
replies: 1 views: 817
numrologst 8th October 2007

I didn't pick up a pass from the AES. Any slutz here in NYC with an extra pass? Drinks will be on me....seriously. PM me or...

fross
replies: 0 views: 467
fross 8th October 2007

hi all, does anyone of you have this board? I would love a photo one channel. there´s one near my hometown i would like to buy,...

al_ma
replies: 0 views: 1,992
al_ma 8th October 2007

We just recently picked up a monster custom built 5305 (I THOUGHT it was a 5316), and there are some aspects of the desk that are...

ryanojohn
replies: 8 views: 6,428
Geoff_T 8th October 2007

Which one of these is the one people talk about being a great compressor? Or is there just one model? Also, what are these...

uptoolate
replies: 2 views: 1,032
dbbubba 7th October 2007

I have 4 API's and 2 Channels of Great River. I need to add two more channels of pres and I was thinking about getting something...

bdunard
replies: 2 views: 612
gainstages 7th October 2007

I am goin to the States and while I'm there I would like to pick up a couple things for my home studio. Have about 2000.00 to...

the Seed
replies: 5 views: 1,112
manthe 7th October 2007

i've been searching around in hopes of finding threads, but i haven't had any luck. i'm sure it's been discussed but i don't...

orksnork
replies: 7 views: 4,257
johnbohn 7th October 2007

Hello all! I have a question. I'm doing my first jingle, and everything works out ok. But I talked with a friend of mine who...

netrom
replies: 0 views: 757
netrom 7th October 2007

So do you mix with it on the 2 bus as you go...you know through it - or import your 2 track mixes afterwards into another session...

amost
replies: 5 views: 821
Stiff 7th October 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search