The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,109
Views: 2,109
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi I'm trying to work out what swing is in terms of drum programming (clocks). What drums are delayed or pushed forward? Is...

celebritymusic
replies: 4 views: 798
H-Rezz 8th October 2007

Hi, I'm interested in reading your technique of mixing. How do you decide how much to compress and how much to ride? Do you...

AdamZuf
replies: 10 views: 2,668
Sigma 8th October 2007

Tascam 48-OB, 1/2" Tape. I might get hold of this one. Anyone here having any experience with it? Is it any good? I´m...

Mats
replies: 6 views: 723
vernier 8th October 2007

Does this sound right to you guys. I heard a rumor that Roland will not honor their warranty on any gear bought from...

elfy
replies: 28 views: 944
davioh 8th October 2007

Michael Brauer had a Master class where he showed us about the relationship with the artist, A&R etc and how to deal with...

AMIEL
replies: 4 views: 1,395
AMIEL 8th October 2007

Hi there first post and it's quite a serious one. I plan to start a small studio in a purpose built little barn, it's stone...

Talkback Mike
replies: 2 views: 666
Talkback Mike 8th October 2007

I just noticed that the faceplates on the front of most of my 19" units (especially the Flamingo and Germanium pres) are...

MrVelvet
replies: 4 views: 736
Tim 8th October 2007

I need a good pair of stands for my HR824s. Is there anything I need to look for in a stand, besides quality, stability and...

uptoolate
replies: 1 views: 1,441
mikecorwin 8th October 2007

I've used to use a desktop for recording, but because of the need for portability I'm using a MacBook now and need an external...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 9 views: 682
RCM - Ronan 8th October 2007

At zzounds, they have the motu 828mkII in both usb 2.0 and firewire versions. Is there a difference between these 2 in quality?...

pikapikapi
replies: 2 views: 629
travisbrown 8th October 2007

when I use the softlimit of apogee adconverter. the softlimited recorded audio sounds dull cutting high frequency. therefore i...

bluesj
replies: 3 views: 5,100
bluesj 8th October 2007

Hey I first started recording, with my Alesis Multimix 12 firewire mixer. I recently got an 003 over the summer. Will I have any...

Baderup99
replies: 3 views: 571
Baderup99 8th October 2007

Has anyone here used the Pearlman TM2s versus other mics in the similar category? ANy recommendations please... I have an AKG...

CJ1973
replies: 1 views: 1,392
CJ1973 8th October 2007

I bought these from Amazon, plugged them in and as long as I keep the volume low to mid, they sound great, but when I go louder I...

barryjohns
replies: 0 views: 976
barryjohns 8th October 2007

So far.. The 'tweaker' pen with phillips and flat head screwdrivers from the RMG tape stand! V handy, especially if you...

Jules
replies: 12 views: 2,881
Cellotron 8th October 2007

Inside the world's best recording studio -recording Glenn Gould. YouTube - Glenn Gould Moments- P.06 The Ending YouTube -...

vernier
replies: 6 views: 1,399
84K 8th October 2007

whats the flatest frequency mic out there? just curious.

lucasmusic
replies: 14 views: 1,977
29327 8th October 2007

ive heard these are both based on the AKG C12. has anyone tries the two side by side? ive tried the T3 and i really like it...

shona
replies: 1 views: 815
numrologst 8th October 2007

I didn't pick up a pass from the AES. Any slutz here in NYC with an extra pass? Drinks will be on me....seriously. PM me or...

fross
replies: 0 views: 463
fross 8th October 2007

hi all, does anyone of you have this board? I would love a photo one channel. there´s one near my hometown i would like to buy,...

al_ma
replies: 0 views: 1,988
al_ma 8th October 2007

We just recently picked up a monster custom built 5305 (I THOUGHT it was a 5316), and there are some aspects of the desk that are...

ryanojohn
replies: 8 views: 6,366
Geoff_T 8th October 2007

Which one of these is the one people talk about being a great compressor? Or is there just one model? Also, what are these...

uptoolate
replies: 2 views: 1,025
dbbubba 7th October 2007

I have 4 API's and 2 Channels of Great River. I need to add two more channels of pres and I was thinking about getting something...

bdunard
replies: 2 views: 605
gainstages 7th October 2007

I am goin to the States and while I'm there I would like to pick up a couple things for my home studio. Have about 2000.00 to...

the Seed
replies: 5 views: 1,110
manthe 7th October 2007

i've been searching around in hopes of finding threads, but i haven't had any luck. i'm sure it's been discussed but i don't...

orksnork
replies: 7 views: 4,246
johnbohn 7th October 2007

Hello all! I have a question. I'm doing my first jingle, and everything works out ok. But I talked with a friend of mine who...

netrom
replies: 0 views: 752
netrom 7th October 2007

So do you mix with it on the 2 bus as you go...you know through it - or import your 2 track mixes afterwards into another session...

amost
replies: 5 views: 819
Stiff 7th October 2007

My ADAM A7's are my main monitors for mixing. I have an pair of Fostex PM04 monitors that ive considering throwing up for...

layez
replies: 4 views: 1,511
T_MIX 7th October 2007

How does purchasing UAD cards and plugs work? Do you buy a "project pack" or "Express Pack" and get a card...

fooman
replies: 13 views: 2,054
timmcallister 7th October 2007

what cables would i need to connect Dynaudio Acoustics BM6A ? i have a interface HD Protools i have a mixer beringer Eurodesk...

ventura33
replies: 0 views: 694
ventura33 7th October 2007

Just wondering why you wouldn't mix most music on a home made car stereo speaker set or simply mix on a reasonably good quality...

FFTT
replies: 69 views: 5,049
theblue1 7th October 2007

...how important is having a spiffy transformer present? I'm looking at the Radial DIs, and there is a Pro DI ($90) and a JDI...

lanervoza
replies: 10 views: 1,027
Bluzzi 7th October 2007

This is a funny video of Johnny Tsak jamming his nuts off at a private party. Some lady just HAD to take out her trash during...

FFTT
replies: 0 views: 555
FFTT 7th October 2007

I could be alone in this, but I think car commercial music kicks A$$ as times. Who are the guys that do this stuff? Is there...

uptoolate
replies: 5 views: 2,371
theblue1 7th October 2007

Guys: Why do they have such bad reputation? I just bought an older 16 channel Phonic and it is FANTASTIC! No noise and sounds...

Claude G.
replies: 6 views: 3,038
firby 7th October 2007

Hey All, Looking to bring a friend of mine to AES today.. Anyone have extra guest passes? Thanks! jamieboss1

jamieboss1
replies: 0 views: 1,052
jamieboss1 7th October 2007

I have opportunity to buy this used console for my mixing OTB needs.It has transformers on each channel.Price +- 6000usd.Any...

janek 68
replies: 0 views: 2,485
janek 68 7th October 2007

Alright so I'm looking to get a new audio/midi interface that uses firewire and is around 400 or so bills. Right now I use a...

wormsoftheearth
replies: 3 views: 990
steelyfan 7th October 2007

and its absolutely AMAZING. teenagers is a hell of a tune. i dig the production on this record too. anyone else heard...

lwr
replies: 61 views: 6,894
juniorhifikit 7th October 2007

I have a pair of 2" tapes full of tracks that i need to take across the country with me on the plane. Wouldn't the tapes get...

edvdr76
replies: 12 views: 717
Brent 7th October 2007

Hi, Just bought Universal Audio 2-610 .. Can i use them for glue mix at masterbus? i see some hip hop producer using that for...

1945MF
replies: 8 views: 1,407
1945MF 7th October 2007

Slutz- After reading tons of posts regarding the Blue Sky's I went and picked up the Media Desk 2.1 system. I needed a bit...

Antagonist
replies: 1 views: 717
Pascal Sijen 7th October 2007

What I wanna know is where can I buy a Beyer M380 from?? I hear they're awesome, but I look on ebay all the time and they never,...

Stuey Stu
replies: 0 views: 478
Stuey Stu 7th October 2007

maybe a stupid question but its my first aes~ thanks!!

Mr XY
replies: 15 views: 1,429
Fletcher 7th October 2007

Hey! I'd like to clean the front of my UA 2192 (sort of brushed chrome). The metal got a little darker here and there due to...

MrVelvet
replies: 3 views: 1,058
travisbrown 7th October 2007

Just heard about a sizeable explosion in NYC? Hoping everybody's OK. Anyone know details? hooppie

Realtugs
replies: 3 views: 942
Realtugs 7th October 2007

Beware of Paypal phishing scams, 2 were attempted on me in the last few days. They start with "Dear valued...

heathen
replies: 6 views: 1,399
davioh 7th October 2007

I have a digi 003, a UA2192, and a pair of API 512c's. I have the UA2192 hooked up via ADAT (toslink) to and from the digi and am...

jleeward
replies: 0 views: 728
jleeward 7th October 2007

Im running Cubase SX3. When ever i create a group channel (say for drums) all my panning on the toms is lost. Everything just...

shuffle01
replies: 2 views: 1,122
shuffle01 7th October 2007

Hello I´m sorry if this has been covered before, but I wonder if anyone knows what Focusrite micpre is it in the original...

SMT
replies: 4 views: 718
Whitecat 6th October 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search