The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey guys, I am curious what DAW out there is the closest thing to pro tools as far as editing audio and the layout. The reason...

sethbrand_12
replies: 34 views: 3,259
mds 2nd October 2007

what are some of the different pieces of gear that will do what an apogee da 16x does and take at least 8 inputs via adat from a...

maskedman72
replies: 4 views: 1,025
Stevil 2nd October 2007

A friend of mine who is a MONSTER bass player (thought I'd throw that in althought it makes no difference) has a Yamaha minidisc...

dbbubba
replies: 0 views: 617
dbbubba 2nd October 2007

I'm looking to buy a new mic and I would like to keep it under $500. I'm mic-ing a bass cab (ADA rig), with an electric fretless...

miercoles
replies: 24 views: 1,472
rockrev 1st October 2007

What are your favourite and least favourite manufacturer logos? Have aesthetics affected your choice in gear? Im not to keen...

Junkie
replies: 5 views: 683
Dan 1st October 2007

I just discovered the lunchboxes the other day and I think it's a really cool concept. I'm looking to get my first high end pre....

Baderup99
replies: 2 views: 594
Baderup99 1st October 2007

I found a video on YouTube that made it all pretty clear, the lead singer of Hanson is a very good vocalist. Check it out at...

RainbowStorm
replies: 28 views: 2,054
swafford 1st October 2007

We are setting up a studio and just bought a 24 channel Trident 65. It has 8 group faders but 16 group outs. We intended to bus...

chris_peck
replies: 2 views: 675
Jay Kahrs 1st October 2007

Okay, I guess it means amplifying something more than once?? Uhhh why? What's going on here?

soupking
replies: 29 views: 3,864
mmcfarlane 1st October 2007

Hi everyone... Looking to see if any of you have experience with the Audiofire 12 together with an Intel Imac...... Used to...

Karloff70
replies: 8 views: 1,000
Karloff70 1st October 2007

Hi all, I recently bought an immaculate pair of Infinity Kappa 7 speakers for home use and I'm trying to find an appropriate amp...

gsqd
replies: 1 views: 1,702
gsqd 1st October 2007

I'm getting ready for a second 10 space API rack. Would like to add a few different pres to accompany my 512s. Anyone use the...

Jamz
replies: 23 views: 2,218
drBill 1st October 2007

Hello Everyone, I would like to know the following thing: Wich of these unit has got the best/newest features? Wich one is...

TAXS
replies: 1 views: 1,486
TAXS 1st October 2007

I have an opportunity to choose between a pair of high voltage B&Ks to add to my mic closet. A pair of 4012s, which are...

RedTuxedo
replies: 0 views: 1,033
RedTuxedo 1st October 2007

How did they get that big punchy deep fat snare in the 80's ? What mix tricks did they use ? It's so upfront and close...

sedohr
replies: 16 views: 2,727
colinmiller 1st October 2007

I usually go the large diagphram condensor route, like a u87. A respected engineer friend was recomending sm57...which do you...

JDN
replies: 23 views: 1,558
rwhitney 1st October 2007

Guys: Are these decent? I realize they are NOT tridents or Neves, but....the one I'm looking at seems like an older...

Claude G.
replies: 0 views: 578
Claude G. 1st October 2007

Is the Waves L3-16 a L3 mixed with the Linear Phase eq or is it something different,. I have the L3 and I have the Linear...

Joji
replies: 1 views: 946
Joji 1st October 2007

SM81 any good for a room mic or how bout a vocals?

lucasmusic
replies: 5 views: 3,798
dbbubba 1st October 2007
replies: 18 views: 2,003
Ibvee 1st October 2007

I've assumed that Logic's default setting would be the best solution in recording situations, and that default is that the signal...

nativeaudio
replies: 21 views: 5,859
nativeaudio 1st October 2007

Iam using Cubase4 built in monitoring section for each speaker output. Id like to cut down on Outputs. Is it possible to...

bekkstudio
replies: 0 views: 536
bekkstudio 1st October 2007

Hi Folks, I want to add level automation (via midi) to some channels of my desk. What would you suggest? I heard of something...

capobeat
replies: 0 views: 509
capobeat 1st October 2007

hey guys I'm finally starting to get really slutty by looking into my first high quality pre. I have an 003r now and a few good...

Baderup99
replies: 5 views: 602
hangman 1st October 2007

What do you analog snobs think? Waste of dough, or interesting investment. Tascam 38 8 track 1/2" reel to reel

Deleted 86c3d96
replies: 4 views: 1,791
soupking 1st October 2007

I need a lesson in compression... A video, an article, a diagram, some definitions, I don't care how you do it... I don't care...

Ninja Mike 808
replies: 1 views: 609
MASSIVE Master 1st October 2007

Allot of music production today has engineers on the recording side -and a different group on the mixing side. Has this always...

cc1
replies: 19 views: 4,680
dbbubba 1st October 2007

What do you analog snobs think? Waste of dough, or interesting investment. Tascam 38 8 track 1/2" reel to reel Oops: Wrong...

Deleted 86c3d96
replies: 1 views: 1,392
soupking 1st October 2007

I've been using this...

JKL
replies: 13 views: 1,320
JKL 1st October 2007

Among those of you working predominantly ITB, but with hardware inserts and summing, I'm curious who's (still) using quality...

Daedalus77
replies: 13 views: 1,582
dbbubba 1st October 2007

Any Focal owners going to AES ? If so, please contact me ! Thanks ! Simon Cote Focal Professional

FocalPro
replies: 4 views: 958
AMIEL 1st October 2007

i got the plugin recently and have been playing around with it...i dont notice any difference when i apply it to some of my...

ddeez
replies: 4 views: 1,709
TonyBelmont 1st October 2007

i'm looking for a certain type of tambourine sample (free, i would quite hope). all of the samples i'm finding are the...

orksnork
replies: 5 views: 3,542
orksnork 1st October 2007

I've recently bought a groove tubes brick. I mainly intend to use it as a bass pre-amp/di. Been trying it with an elec guitar and...

rinaldomerlo
replies: 15 views: 3,014
hangman 1st October 2007

Hi, I have genelec 1029a and sub and whilst they're great and all they make stuff sound too good sometimes. I've been...

kedbear
replies: 10 views: 2,186
AdamZuf 1st October 2007

i would love to take my sound to the next level and i think that going with a summing device is the way for me. right now i...

maskedman72
replies: 3 views: 652
maskedman72 1st October 2007

I am really wanting to get this unit (still) and am very interested in hearing some of the sounds(not on there web site) that...

akjl4
replies: 10 views: 982
artnoiser 30th September 2007

I'm doing some editing of the letters section over here at Tape Op and the guy mentions the classic Tannoy "Big Reds"...

Larry Crane
replies: 5 views: 1,357
Larry Crane 30th September 2007

AUDIO PROFESSIONALS RECEIVE FREE HEARING SCREENINGS AT AES CONVENTION At the 123rd AES Convention, House Ear Institute will...

The Press Desk
replies: 3 views: 1,130
AMIEL 30th September 2007

I'm looking for something to beef up bass and kick tracks. Something that can create subharmonics. Also, something that will...

Joemamma
replies: 19 views: 1,671
Joemamma 30th September 2007

I wanted to share my view of the Adam ANF-10 and Genelec 1029A. I have been living with the ANF-10 for a few months. The ANF-10,...

AdamZuf
replies: 6 views: 4,055
AdamZuf 30th September 2007

I have two old Reason refills that I lost a few years ago while going from Mac to PC. I have some old songs I'm trying to revive...

verb1
replies: 0 views: 1,099
verb1 30th September 2007

hey guys, I see people mentioning this in the threads but knowone saying how to do it! Not that its supposed to be easy or...

jimmyz
replies: 0 views: 980
jimmyz 30th September 2007

Which is the right way to check an eq using an analyzer. with pink or white noise? also please tell me why you 'd choose...

erwinor
replies: 0 views: 762
erwinor 30th September 2007

ok, so i am a melodyne newbie. just getting my head around it at the moment. I have been trying importing the lead vocal, and...

lwr
replies: 6 views: 1,669
TheRealRoach 30th September 2007

I have an Mbox - just got a dangerous Dbox and want to do some summing. I have external A/D, so all I need is eight channels of...

Unknown soldier
replies: 0 views: 973
Unknown soldier 30th September 2007

hello, i would like to ask you how to mix just 4 vocals (bass, baritone, first tenor, second tenor).... because i dont know how...

danielbest
replies: 8 views: 1,367
danielbest 30th September 2007

Long or Short body? I imagine this question applies to any U47 or U47 clone. What is the preferred version? What is the...

Jamz
replies: 0 views: 782
Jamz 30th September 2007

Can anybody explain to me what is the difference between +4, and -10 audio in? Is there one of this better for tracking synth,...

Petrusha
replies: 2 views: 517
dan p 30th September 2007

hi some time ago i saw a video of stevie wonder demoing the new rhodes, but i can't find it now. any links please? thanks,

audiothings
replies: 0 views: 600
audiothings 30th September 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search