The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 7
Views: 7
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Can anyone describe the difference (sonically) between a Jensen 990 and a Forssell 992 op-amp, if any? Thanks, Rob

tazman
replies: 2 views: 797
dbbubba 4th December 2007

I am in need of an external clock. I just moved from LE to a PTHD 2 with a 96 I/O. While I do not currently do any post work,...

rattledaddy
replies: 6 views: 764
rattledaddy 4th December 2007

I'm having major latency issues with my newly purchased Audiofire 8 (w/ Cubase 4) and may have to return the unit. I really...

teachingking
replies: 1 views: 1,042
yoink 4th December 2007

Grammy winning participation certificates? sheesh 40 bucks and you give up time to serve on the local board of directors shiee

Sigma
replies: 1 views: 542
gsilbers 4th December 2007

I know an engineer who likes to cut a few dBs on the mix with the Apogee Rosetta 800 soft limiter. He had very good results on...

Joemamma
replies: 5 views: 1,591
gainreduction 4th December 2007

I'm looking for a master keyboard, 88 keys weighted for studio use. My priority is the keyboard quality, especially the piano...

stevegalante
replies: 9 views: 3,329
fova 4th December 2007

why are they making compressor thresholds with values from tape days for plug ins?? the API 2500 and the EMI compressors both...

Sigma
replies: 3 views: 684
bgrotto 4th December 2007

Anyone Use One Around the Desktop? Any recomdations? i was thinking of getting a tannoy sub for general listening, but id rather...

1 M.I.C
replies: 0 views: 1,604
1 M.I.C 4th December 2007

Analogue slutz.....Just wondering if any of you own or have used a Studer A810 1/4" ... I've been thinking about an analogue...

ocianic
replies: 4 views: 1,160
mikecorwin 4th December 2007

Do you post tracks on Gearslutz for suggestions on the arrangement/mix when you get writers/mixers block? Why or why not?

drockfresh
replies: 6 views: 2,474
theblue1 4th December 2007

What's the best advice you ever got for your career?

Eric Edwards
replies: 153 views: 8,431
Future One 4th December 2007

Hey guys, I searched around but haven't found a ton of info comparing these two. Now that the 003 has been out awhile, is it a...

mds
replies: 6 views: 1,046
mds 4th December 2007

Ok so I'm pretty much decided on the RME Fireface 800, but what else to get so I have 12 Mic Pre's. Things that have been...

pinklesson
replies: 16 views: 2,601
media marcus 4th December 2007

if you could have any 1 peice of gear placed between your ears and your brain, so that, effectivly, anything you hear would...

GILFOIL
replies: 19 views: 1,050
fastlane 4th December 2007

Hi all, just want to introduce myself as I am a newbie of this forum. My name is Alex and I am based in Rome. I have known about...

Lexioman
replies: 0 views: 444
Lexioman 4th December 2007

I am a singer/songwriter who has released one project thus far. I did everything on this project, entirely on my own. I know, I...

backtothemusic
replies: 4 views: 730
Beermaster 4th December 2007
replies: 34 views: 2,228
deuc647 4th December 2007

Anybody here who uses both? Can you tell me if you can do similar time stretches in Logic? I know you can change tempos of...

miercoles
replies: 8 views: 1,094
Radiance 4th December 2007

I have this problem with my Dynaudio BM5A's. My NS-10s sitting right next to them are quiet as a mouse. No hum, no classical...

stresstour
replies: 2 views: 836
thenewyear 4th December 2007

Im going to run 50`from the guitar amp in my control room to the guitar cabinet in the studio. where can I buy 10-11 awg speaker...

musicmixer04
replies: 1 views: 813
avare 4th December 2007

1967 Fender Bassman head with 2 X15 cab How much is one of these worth? The cab is a 2X15 and the amp is in good condition. I...

drummin4christ
replies: 2 views: 716
w_stylz 4th December 2007

I currently in the process of buying and HD3 system. My setup will be my sony dmx, a 192 digital connected with an ADAT bridge...

Duffster
replies: 1 views: 614
sevendaysoff 4th December 2007

Hey. Is the ATB better than an allen and heathG3000? Lol! Only joking.hittt I made...

Ozzy
replies: 4 views: 913
Ozzy 4th December 2007

Had a session this evening with my biggest client. It was a elec guitar session and I was behind the console with the director...

Riddler
replies: 31 views: 3,779
Riddler 4th December 2007

I know, I know, we all can name a hand full of decent guitar players that have emerged in the last few years. I want to share...

barryjohns
replies: 106 views: 6,095
guitardom 4th December 2007

What would be the best way to use the RNC compressor with the A2D going out if the digital spdif output? Also, if I decide to go...

stresstour
replies: 11 views: 1,059
Max headroom 4th December 2007

has anyone compared these 2 mics? What are the main differences (other than looks)? Are they about the same? I have read good...

tazman
replies: 1 views: 959
tazman 4th December 2007

Hi guys Anyone looked at Reverbnation? I was just reading through their contract, and was wondering what you guys thought...

celebritymusic
replies: 2 views: 1,526
acousticmaniac 4th December 2007

I think I'll order a case of these. http://www.thelowend.net/thelowend/newgear.htm?f=4

lowfreq33
replies: 0 views: 717
lowfreq33 4th December 2007

Back in the 90s I worked for Syntrillium, makers of Cool Edit that was bought by Adobe and turned into Audition. It was a small...

mds
replies: 10 views: 1,022
Rappy 4th December 2007

Sorry If I've been left out...hidz Just get a copy 'Another Cup' Album by Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens). When I hear it...whow......

zul_nalury
replies: 2 views: 669
iamthecosmos 4th December 2007

I'm thinking about getting Synthogy Ivory. I've heard the steinway piano samples and it sounds amazing. I was just wondering if...

heisleyamor
replies: 14 views: 1,989
drBill 4th December 2007

So I have a project coming up that is going to be a solo acoustic act, something along the lines of old-school Dashboard...

TheJeffAllen
replies: 0 views: 662
TheJeffAllen 4th December 2007

I have a Neutrik patchbay with 1/4 inch. balanced jacks. Can I plug mics directly into this using an XLR to 1/4 trs...

uptoolate
replies: 28 views: 3,078
6dyslexicelephnt 4th December 2007

Just upgraded to an Audiofire 8 from a Gina 24. The difference in sound is pretty dramatic. I am noticing that the audio drops...

teachingking
replies: 6 views: 728
Acoustic Cloud 4th December 2007

Hello! I often record a singer who has a very piercing voice when recorded. I don't have many good vocal mics, if any. SM57x4,...

fooman
replies: 12 views: 1,831
alnico 4th December 2007

Any tips on this? The room is only about 10'x12'. I don't have much absorbtion right now, it does not sound too hot, but before I...

Akoppenheffer
replies: 13 views: 1,744
chymer 4th December 2007

I am at a point where I am monitor shopping and I am looking for advice on the types of things to consider when buying monitors...

Sproto
replies: 4 views: 690
lofi 4th December 2007

Do mic's that have OMNI sound better in OMNI mode than CARD? This one I have here, has less bass and less volume in omni. Is...

miqer
replies: 11 views: 3,477
MickeySmid 4th December 2007

I know many people recommend this preamp, especially for vocals. I was hoping i could hear the pre amp to see if it gives the...

Docmattic
replies: 0 views: 671
Docmattic 4th December 2007

Okay, i just purchased one of these bad boys, and this comparison im making is not done by a high end, preamp experienced man. I...

beau_mckee
replies: 9 views: 5,438
deuc647 4th December 2007

I've got some laying around and was thinking about just wrapping it in fabric?

spoonie g
replies: 6 views: 3,191
Glenn Kuras 4th December 2007

This is real I just saw one on a TV show.. You just set it running on a record and it "Plays it" heh Its called the...

Jules
replies: 19 views: 1,847
initialsBB 4th December 2007

anyone own one? I can't find any user feedback,only damn press release garbage I'd like some user feeback especially on the rta...

money-pit
replies: 4 views: 1,968
money-pit 3rd December 2007

I don't do too many recordings that *really* feature piano. I've done plenty that have a piano in the mix, but always...

manthe
replies: 27 views: 1,579
Askin 3rd December 2007

So right now my cohorts and I have at our disposal 3 interfaces to choose from: Presonus Firestudio (no mods) Digidesign Digi...

jacksonburn
replies: 4 views: 1,541
johnwayne 3rd December 2007

I've got a Soundtracs SOLO 16x8. I've heard about the -10 to +4 mod you can make to these.. wondering if anyone knows where I...

Byron
replies: 1 views: 1,552
Jungle Jazz 3rd December 2007

I've been seeing these all over the place.. but have no idea what they are. What is the little blue and white box sitting just...

afrosheen
replies: 2 views: 650
afrosheen 3rd December 2007

I have been using Rencomp V4 for quite a while now. I thought about upgrading to V5, but am hesitant because I'd rather not get...

dwall
replies: 1 views: 638
thermos 3rd December 2007

I figured this was the best forum since this seems to be where the majority of the rock topics seem to come up. Ok I'm a...

butterfly
replies: 31 views: 2,948
butterfly 3rd December 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search