The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello Gearslutz members. Is it a bad idea to continue down the Pro Tools path and upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4 seeing that I have a...

zacheus83
replies: 43 views: 3,975
Sigma 2nd February 2008

Hey I've actually got an 003r and my friend has an 002r can I take the outputs (1-4) from the 002 and take them into (5-8) in my...

Baderup99
replies: 3 views: 706
Baderup99 2nd February 2008

Peace, anyone know how to set the M-Audio MobilePre, to Unity Gain, or for lack of better words, bypass the pres on it, so that i...

Frantik
replies: 0 views: 902
Frantik 2nd February 2008

I have read and heard a lot of good things about Cascade microphones... does anyone have any experience in using any of them for...

postprosound
replies: 7 views: 2,174
Vocalvoodoo 2nd February 2008

I'm after drum loops that are soulful and poppy in that modern vintage sounding way. Kind of about like some Lily Allen or Mark...

juicylime
replies: 1 views: 2,682
butterfly 2nd February 2008

Just a Heads-Up. Full Compass is unloading Blue Cranberry Cables for $9.95 each. Blue CRANBERRY CABLE 2-Conductor Mic...

BudgetMC
replies: 96 views: 7,702
ImJohn 2nd February 2008

Recording Studio with Fast Engineer and Fast Computer

squeeks555
replies: 14 views: 1,065
colinmiller 2nd February 2008

my fd have a 1224 that he don use anymore and he's willing to give it to me for free(I am currently running a RME 9632 into my...

goroplayground
replies: 4 views: 2,150
henryrobinett 2nd February 2008

I've seen you post about these many times, but am still a little unsure of the purpose of these. Are you using this exercise to...

paul101
replies: 17 views: 1,701
Anonymatt 2nd February 2008

Hey guys! Just need a little bit of help wiring up patchbays. I've never had patchbays before so wiring them in is all new to...

dobz
replies: 3 views: 1,402
absrec 2nd February 2008
replies: 14 views: 1,643
big country 2nd February 2008

Just got a new Shure Beta57 PGX Whireless kit. The actuall micropone is made in plastic, not steel like a regular beta58. The...

blackcom
replies: 2 views: 1,064
hanuman 2nd February 2008

what makes a good vocal booth? like building materials, shape? what if you don't have a vocal booth? does a vocal booth matter...

pikapikapi
replies: 15 views: 4,439
max007 2nd February 2008

Hey all, I know this is dumb, but I can't seem to find a 1/4' to XLR speaker cable at the online music stores. I have a firepod...

j-madd
replies: 4 views: 811
j-madd 2nd February 2008

Are the piano sounds (especially acoustic piano) in the Yamaha S90es the same or as good a quality as the pianos in the Yamaha...

Jamz
replies: 9 views: 9,637
Jamz 2nd February 2008

I've been using the Portico 5012 with my Pearlman TM1 - great combo, but now I'm looking for a different or complimentary sound...

Autocrat
replies: 13 views: 1,698
nicolaad30 2nd February 2008

Hi all, We're in in the midst of recoding an instrumental album which will eventually be sent to a top mixer in London. Drums...

julian2003
replies: 12 views: 1,063
ScottTunes 2nd February 2008

I have had a Fireface 800 for a little over a year and love it. I decided to add the Digimax FS for an extra 8 mic pres through...

camerondye
replies: 3 views: 745
camerondye 2nd February 2008

I wonder why there's no API 525 plug in?... or, the 225L for that matter! why would those be left out I wonder?

Klauth
replies: 0 views: 1,026
Klauth 2nd February 2008

Hi there, I was wondering if one you guys could help me out. I recently stumbled upon a favorite artist of mines rig (well, a...

Jtm121589
replies: 2 views: 506
blackwatch5805 2nd February 2008

Hello. This is my first post in the forum. I got a question about the impedance selector in the ISA 428. Someone should tell me...

DUCREIN
replies: 7 views: 2,399
usamike 2nd February 2008

I was setting up a midi input for a new controller, and had not checked my output assignment yet on the instrument track (dummy)....

casey_outlaw
replies: 6 views: 902
dontfearthringo 2nd February 2008

Hi - newbie here! I am thinking of getting waves SSL but am not sure what the WUP is? I read another thread with this link in...

MarkAB
replies: 11 views: 2,298
James Lehmann 2nd February 2008

...missed out on this one: Old Microphones Evidently people emailed him explaining to the seller that what he had were not...

pearldrum944
replies: 1 views: 1,142
Funkster 2nd February 2008

I own this unit and really do like it a lot but i wanted to know if this pre does act as a D.I as well... Seeing the Hi-Z input...

aidmc
replies: 15 views: 1,560
aidmc 2nd February 2008

Hey there... Okay.....so I've had a UA 2-610 for awhile now and it has it's uses, although the need to use an in-line pad is a...

kbshearer
replies: 0 views: 671
kbshearer 2nd February 2008

I've been working on a project for a long time now, but I'm no swiss army knife of a musician..I sing, I write songs, and I play...

Tobers2313
replies: 76 views: 4,240
MOFO PRO 2nd February 2008

Hi!I need your help in my choice for a good mic. I have to record a female jazz/soul singer with a very clear,lot of air voice. I...

KIDBILL
replies: 3 views: 584
salvomix 2nd February 2008

So how do the "gearslutz" feel about this?

bionic brown
replies: 30 views: 5,740
halcyo 2nd February 2008

well i'm looking for a analog filter to create some particular effect/strange/aggressive but also to use it subtle to smooth the...

mattianlaseppia
replies: 3 views: 1,099
mattianlaseppia 2nd February 2008

**ATTENTION! There has been a forced entry and stolen gears at several Bay Area churches between the days of Sunday January 27...

Alan H Chang
replies: 14 views: 1,165
Alan H Chang 2nd February 2008

Hi everybody, I´m looking forward a transform single unit to desbalace a +4 dBu line into a single ended -10 dBV line. Which...

ezrecords
replies: 8 views: 987
tINY 2nd February 2008

I've been running sound for a couple local bands lately, and my original cheap mic cables are at the end of their lives. I've...

midget89
replies: 9 views: 841
tINY 2nd February 2008

OK gang - I know, really silly question but I'm dying to get a 2 ch Valley Dyna-Mite and I'm curious if anyone knows whether...

efisch
replies: 5 views: 936
firby 2nd February 2008

Hey to all, noob… My question is what would be the best way to hook up my monitors? I am in the market for new monitors and...

knightsnare
replies: 9 views: 890
kellyd 1st February 2008

Well, the good news is, finally got a tube amp I can play at home, like the sound of, and can record with. Sold the twin reverb (...

enroper
replies: 16 views: 1,980
espen askelad 1st February 2008

Hey guys, I'm about to track some guitars over the weekend. I just picked up a new Gateway TFT LCD Monitor and I'm wondering if I...

Wave_D
replies: 4 views: 915
manthe 1st February 2008

I recently saw that DesertIslandAudio.com had a mic pre set up with two SSL SL615E modules, yielding four mic preamps in a little...

FunkFaker
replies: 13 views: 6,727
FunkFaker 1st February 2008

Hi guys! I will soon be graduating with a BSc in Music composition and technology (a fancy way of saying I can write Fugues and...

jjharvey
replies: 7 views: 751
jjharvey 1st February 2008

...i am really enjoying all the centromatic records....is Matt Pence a Gearslutz member? Has anybody worked with...

Alexi
replies: 5 views: 2,023
exit2studios 1st February 2008

Hi all, finally, after thinking about it for years, I've moved to London. I've packed my whole life in the car, including all the...

markisha
replies: 12 views: 1,280
PhilE 1st February 2008

i'm wondering what ADc you use, most often for vocals. tell me your music genere/style if is "other", please write...

Gabriel Sousa
replies: 22 views: 1,466
Jim Williams 1st February 2008

Hi I have 3 gefell pm 750 mics . Two of them sound the same and the third one is much louder (like 10 db) and has more bass . I...

bass man
replies: 0 views: 611
bass man 1st February 2008

If I want to record my synths through a Great River preamp ... which has MIC and HI-Z inputs, will I need some type of converter...

daemond_matrix
replies: 3 views: 942
daemond_matrix 1st February 2008

Sorry if this is totally stupid, where the heck to the two 4-prong outputs (labeled for phantom power) connect to the B.A. 6sp...

grantlandau
replies: 12 views: 1,009
pan60 1st February 2008

Hello, I am going to tour the USA and I need advice on adapters etc.. How is the situation? I am from Europe (Germany / UK)...

ilovemusic
replies: 23 views: 1,720
dbbubba 1st February 2008

I dig this plug-in! I never had the chance to use to the hardware piece nor known anyone who did. Supposedly,...

salvomix
replies: 5 views: 1,656
dbbubba 1st February 2008

I always feel like I have to preface questions by pointing out that I have searched for info. I found a number of comments...

drumzealot
replies: 36 views: 3,941
Lee Knight 1st February 2008

I'm hoping someone here can easily help me figure out my hardware challenged issues... So to that I say thanks you in advance! ...

InstituteOfNoise
replies: 17 views: 753
InstituteOfNoise 1st February 2008

Hi, I am just trying to understand the RME range but it is confusing. I want to know what is better sonically than there...

jazztone
replies: 23 views: 1,922
Reborn 1st February 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search