The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So I'm mixing this project and I've noticed that the 1176se and the LA2A (UAD) always put the vocals right in your face... is...

SoniqKwality
replies: 1 views: 830
SoniqKwality 9th February 2008

I am thinking of moving to San Francisco to pursue an education in a Sound Arts program. I wish to become a Sound...

hduncan
replies: 2 views: 503
ryanojohn 9th February 2008

I'm curious what everyone thinks about the newer Avedis MA5 vs. the API 512c. I'm gettin a new pre soon and I'm curious what you...

heisleyamor
replies: 9 views: 3,296
heisleyamor 9th February 2008

The ART Voice Channel tube channel strip gives you the tools you need to put quality sound into your analog or digital recording...

Intergroove
replies: 0 views: 1,372
Intergroove 9th February 2008

i just got this thing and wanna know how to connect it to my oo2 via spdif and what setting do i use in protools to use the...

daillman
replies: 2 views: 548
Kiwiburger 9th February 2008

on occasion, i notice that some condenser mics do not sound like they normally do, and it seems like there may be a connection...

jnorman
replies: 2 views: 520
Kiwiburger 8th February 2008

LA

I'm first time in LA, and I'm going to Watch Grammyyyesss! I'm here today, with my wife, to look arround the city, what would...

Mozart
replies: 6 views: 674
Synth80s 8th February 2008

I read somewhere that "The Windows XP OS can only support 2 GB of RAM maximum, though the computer itself can us up to 4GB...

pikapikapi
replies: 1 views: 731
crypticglobe 8th February 2008

Where are you guys placing this mic in relation to the hole? thanks.

custom24
replies: 5 views: 1,757
edvdr76 8th February 2008

I´m wondering if I´m being to aggressive with my low end roll off... I pretty much high-pass everything, except maybe kickdrum...

Anselmo
replies: 32 views: 8,284
Unclenny 8th February 2008

Hello.. I'm about to buy a little extra. Heres what I have mic wise.. 2 x akg 414 pairs. Tlwotsits and xl. 2 x studio...

lebouche
replies: 9 views: 621
bdunard 8th February 2008

Their Mogami stuff is super cheap, but I've never heard of them. Anyone dealt with them or bought from them? If so, what was your...

verb1
replies: 0 views: 453
verb1 8th February 2008

I am wondering what reverbs get the most use on each source (lexicon halls, altiverb rooms, etc...) like drums, electric guitar,...

Diegel
replies: 2 views: 725
James Meeker 8th February 2008

Hey. At the end of October I ordered a set of SSL alphalink converters at musicstore.de. When I ordered them, I got a very good...

Labs
replies: 11 views: 933
svart 8th February 2008

Hey guys - I am a hobby home musician. I have a little experience with the mics I have used but I am scaling back gear and am...

shawntp
replies: 6 views: 1,949
warhead 8th February 2008

Do you think the FMR RNP is enough to show the potential of this mic or do I need to spring for the higher end pre's?

ecko72db
replies: 3 views: 870
ecko72db 8th February 2008

Hi! Im lookin at a drum mic set that some guy is selling very cheap. Its a 7 piece THX drum mic set. He does not specify any...

Erluf
replies: 0 views: 585
Erluf 8th February 2008

Saw this posted over at TGP, just had to share! kfhkh http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/Texsunburst59/100_0580.jpg Tom...

FFTT
replies: 16 views: 933
FFTT 8th February 2008

I think I'm going to give the track ball thing a try since I'm sick of chasing my mouse around. I have a couple questions for...

guittarzzan
replies: 54 views: 3,299
dementedchord 8th February 2008

Mathmos Telstar Lava Lamp how the hell can i get one here in the USA???

Sigma
replies: 5 views: 621
Sigma 8th February 2008

Has anybody been using the Purple Audio 500 series stuff? I've heard that the 77 style compressor is going to ship soon and it...

johnbohn
replies: 1 views: 1,009
NathanEldred 8th February 2008

I've got an old cassette deck which I overdrive with drums to give them a bit of warmth. Problem is, a 10 minute drum track, when...

Bhima
replies: 7 views: 1,447
lespaul666 8th February 2008

I just went to the Digi website to check out some plug demos and noticed that Mix TDM isnt an option in the compatibility check....

phaqu
replies: 6 views: 679
C_F_H_13 8th February 2008

I'm going into a studio that has the Mercury bundle, so pretty much every waves plugin. I was browsing their site to see what...

Chris
replies: 0 views: 570
Chris 8th February 2008

Does anyone know how well this will work? I used to have my Digi 002 work just fine with Cubase SX3, but I was wondering if there...

Hope209
replies: 0 views: 824
Hope209 8th February 2008

Hello. I have an ART Pro Channel (tube pre , VLA comp, tube EQ -- up to 83dB of gain, can dial in from clean to pretty dirty),...

Spectacle
replies: 12 views: 4,597
manthe 8th February 2008

hey everyone, head's swimming a bit, and want your opinion that helps me delineate the difference between: AKG 414 B-XLS AKG...

mynameischance
replies: 46 views: 4,532
Rick Sutton 8th February 2008

WOndering if anyone worked on this album of his called "dropping the writ". Specifically how he got the guitar sound...

Stoneroses6300
replies: 0 views: 1,907
Stoneroses6300 8th February 2008

Hi Gearslutz, i always tried to make a big bow around side chain compression. But now I have an Acoustic Guitar and a Rhodes...

Mr.HOLMES
replies: 0 views: 435
Mr.HOLMES 8th February 2008

Hey... anybody got a Sterling Audio ST77 who can post a photo of this mic's internals? We've got a thread going over in Low End...

BudgetMC
replies: 3 views: 825
Intergroove 8th February 2008

are you recording in 88 or 96? is it better to do 88 since the down sample to 44(cd) is exactly half or is there nothing to that...

Rea
replies: 20 views: 1,016
Simpleton 8th February 2008

Hey all, Right now I've got my drums set up on an 8' x 8' wooden riser that is covered in carpet. The room is about 15 x 20...

TheBeast
replies: 0 views: 781
TheBeast 8th February 2008

Hi, I´ll buy one 8 channel preamp in a price range from till 3800$ (used). We own a SPL Gainstation 8 and one Millennia HV3D...

Sickculture
replies: 4 views: 750
jslevin 8th February 2008

Thought quite a few of you might be interested in this project of ours here: http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71817...

AVA
replies: 1 views: 957
AVA 8th February 2008

I've just scored an old white sennheiser MD 421 N from an auction site. It has it's own cable with an 'n' type connector. After...

deve
replies: 1 views: 2,082
The Byre 8th February 2008

I've just heard Sum 41's new single from their upcoming album. The song is called "Underless Heroes" and it was mixed...

luctellier
replies: 7 views: 1,848
magibatalla 8th February 2008

A.) Does anyone frequently have things in their song that are above 0.0dB? what about lower than -14.0dB? B.) where is the...

hduncan
replies: 34 views: 2,724
andy_simpson 8th February 2008

Hey, I'm new to the forum and i NEED to know something about GB and DFH. First, on Garageband, my friend and I were making a drum...

slug
replies: 1 views: 1,572
Stiff 8th February 2008

I just bought a pair of old passive Genelec 1049 monitors on ebay. They just arrived and :-) they look fantastic now all I have...

kristjankisi
replies: 1 views: 1,038
studjo 8th February 2008

I saw the ZAPPA thread and remember reading that i believe on Zoot Allures ..they recorded the drums at a higher tempo and then...

Sigma
replies: 12 views: 933
Flying_Dutchman 8th February 2008

I was in the process of ordering a Symphony system (MacPro 8 core, Rosetta 200) + this vocal/guitar chain: U87ai -> 1073 DPA...

author
replies: 0 views: 450
author 8th February 2008

I was bidding on two km84's being sold by the same buyer last night on ebay. I only managed to get one. They were made in 1977...

lebouche
replies: 1 views: 699
psycho_monkey 8th February 2008

Who is chasing who here? The Octane has switch to set 44.1 or 48k on the front, and a switch for "EXT", which is for...

dontfearthringo
replies: 1 views: 909
Hotstuff 8th February 2008

Hello everyone, I was thinking of trying to do a 2-week long youth recording camp this summer. I don't expect to get rich or...

EJW
replies: 0 views: 1,723
EJW 8th February 2008

HI, I am using protools le7 and I want to get Steinberg Symphonic Orchestra. Has anyone used the FExpansion converter and how...

Woowa
replies: 5 views: 921
Woowa 8th February 2008

Been wondering lately if or why it is impossible to create Impulse responses for saturation. Theoretically it seems to be do-able...

WunderBro Flo
replies: 62 views: 9,977
WunderBro Flo 8th February 2008

Gearslutz, i need ur help, i just got an HD rig and am tryin to keep it simple as possible, im gonna grab the SSL bundle as soon...

deuc647
replies: 28 views: 2,368
danasti 8th February 2008

Anyone got any of some good hardware they made impulses of? For Q-clone or Colortone? I'd like to have some driven preamps,...

rackdude
replies: 0 views: 955
rackdude 8th February 2008

Can someone recommend to me where I could go about getting the best and greatest sampled one shot as well as drum loops for rock...

CJ1973
replies: 39 views: 3,392
Sofa King 8th February 2008

This is an offshoot to this thread...

The dman
replies: 34 views: 2,018
Jake Dempsey 8th February 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search