The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Here is my impression: A) Reverb gives a smeared sound as it is a lot of small echoes so close together that your brain can't...

hduncan
replies: 1 views: 8,301
Kiwiburger 12th February 2008

Hello friends, I've just bought on ebay an AKG D19 Bk/Hi who needs some services,I'm in France, but I can ship to US (no...

hawaii82
replies: 0 views: 873
hawaii82 12th February 2008

Okay, I will present this as the noobish question that it probably is. I'm currently recording rock material with harmonies...

rnrsh
replies: 15 views: 3,270
cjogo 12th February 2008

I'm looking at possibly expanding my mic collection, but I'm really interested in what YOUR goto mic is for vocal applications in...

Matt Hepworth
replies: 16 views: 1,449
tINY 12th February 2008

The Rane C4 Compressor/Limiter and G4 Gate/Expander are designed for live work. I've never read a bad review . . . most people...

tuco
replies: 0 views: 3,407
tuco 12th February 2008

I'm currently looking at buying some cables for my studio, i'm a bit confused by the difference of copper & silver cables -...

Deleted User
replies: 2 views: 641
tINY 12th February 2008

hey everyone, i currently use a fmr rnp and rnla into a ff800. while my results are satisfactory, im after a really thick,...

Zorran
replies: 6 views: 3,038
DAWgEAR 12th February 2008

I want to get an LDC mainly for soft vocals and am not sure what to get. I heard a clip of the tele ak47 with the ma5 pre and it...

heisleyamor
replies: 3 views: 1,180
manthe 12th February 2008

Hello I just ordered the new MacPro 8 cores 2,8 and I was wondering if it'll be powerful enough for me to use Waves plugins to...

gar_lei
replies: 11 views: 1,290
gar_lei 12th February 2008

Anyone has some tips to set the punchs (in and outs) of my otari MX80 2" 24 tracks. With Gapless ON, punchs outs are great,...

Fernando S.
replies: 2 views: 775
YZ! 12th February 2008

After reading through much of the "Stupidest things you heard in the studio" thread (and posting some stories of my...

Backhousepro
replies: 3 views: 873
cajonezzz 12th February 2008

Well, I just had a newborn baby and my whole home studio must change to recording at very low volumes. I've been searching around...

DreamSound
replies: 2 views: 1,501
Zorran 12th February 2008

So I was recording guitars this evening just for fun. I wanted to try a CAD M9 in front of my Twin. At first I thought it did...

tazman
replies: 0 views: 520
tazman 12th February 2008

I'm having difficulty finding info on this piece. Auri Direct - It's a Dolby Surround Pro Logic headphone simulator with this...

eco-echo
replies: 1 views: 904
eco-echo 12th February 2008

Hi guys, This is a follow up post of my preview question about live monitoring. I was asked by a favor to do live monitoring...

IzzyRock
replies: 0 views: 483
IzzyRock 12th February 2008

I've been trying to find sources for Impulse files for Reverbs, Rooms, and Hardware Impulses, haven't found many, but in the past...

ryanojohn
replies: 4 views: 1,183
Mr.HOLMES 12th February 2008

So, yesterday it happened again.hittt I was doing a mix for a friends rock band and after 4 years of training I still run into...

Mr.HOLMES
replies: 16 views: 3,366
Mr.HOLMES 12th February 2008

I was reading Behind The Glass last night. Ralph Sutton mentioned something that sounded like it was a well-known golden rule of...

soupking
replies: 18 views: 2,068
musicispower 12th February 2008

Hey everybody!! Question: I tried using small membrane mics on my cymbals in my studio like Rode NT-5, AKG 451. I'm pretty...

alexsimon
replies: 0 views: 1,076
alexsimon 12th February 2008

Watup?? I own a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier head which I use with a H&K 2x12" cab. I just opened a studio and a...

alexsimon
replies: 0 views: 484
alexsimon 12th February 2008

After renting a Beyerdynamic M88 TG and A/B'ing about 15 different mics on bass drum I liked it the best by far out of all them...

Diegel
replies: 9 views: 2,154
andychamp 12th February 2008

YouTube - Santeri Ojala shreds with Slash Jimmy Kimmel Live StSanders

Nu-tra
replies: 7 views: 1,209
dbbubba 12th February 2008

Anyone here work in sound design? My music instructor last semester told us that becoming a film composer is virtually impossible...

hduncan
replies: 7 views: 711
James Guitar 11th February 2008

I'm looking to customize my Eisen pres and need some new faceplates made. Does anyone know of a good, reputable place in LA that...

aermotor
replies: 7 views: 2,167
demonfuzz 11th February 2008

I was thinking today wouldnt it be great if DAW program like say Digital performer had multiple virtual mixing boards you could...

truthnlife13
replies: 3 views: 696
Mr.HOLMES 11th February 2008

someone here has to have one of these. what is the scoop with this head?

maskedman72
replies: 2 views: 962
maskedman72 11th February 2008

So, for our new record, I'm running all my drum room mics through my Zener on turbo crush (limit mode, 90 Hz sidechain, input all...

Matt Grondin
replies: 6 views: 1,411
Chris 11th February 2008

I've been thinking for a while how to ask some advice of a number of random ideas i've had pop into my head all in one thread...

mitchk
replies: 5 views: 739
Ethan Winer 11th February 2008

Hello, can i save a 7.3.1 pro tools session "down" to 7.1? the studio i want to mix at has 7.1 on their...

T.Glaze
replies: 5 views: 596
jmarkham 11th February 2008

Im looking to buy a new mic with a good sound for recording guitars.. I need to capture a real thick harmonically rich sound...

Pies
replies: 27 views: 4,745
Blindside 11th February 2008

Hey, i'm buying a new synth primarily for live use and have quite a few studio sounds and samples which i want to reproduce live...

scottyg8
replies: 1 views: 7,392
HeavyG 11th February 2008

Why am I having serious craving for a pair of 813's? Monitors are last on my list but I almost pulled the trigger on a pair...

Stitch333
replies: 17 views: 6,566
Stitch333 11th February 2008

I found this info on minimalist approaches to recording which is really interesting. The guy talks about using two to three...

cardinal
replies: 0 views: 1,416
cardinal 11th February 2008

Hi Thinking about making the switch myself, and I'd love to hear some feedback from anyone who already has. I know PTLE...

dasmetre
replies: 6 views: 691
CaliTone 11th February 2008

..do you BLAH or do find BLAH old school? do you like the vintage BLAH or the new and improved BLAH? what peice of gear do you...

Sigma
replies: 15 views: 834
YZ! 11th February 2008

Good morning fellow slutz, Just wanted to pass along that last year, I was shopping for a pair of AT3031's and Full Compass was...

river
replies: 1 views: 839
JPeters86 11th February 2008

Hi! I use Cubase SX3 and want to mix DAW. I have some outboard gear that I want to use. It seems to be a bit delay on some of...

Limepit
replies: 1 views: 689
richardswag 11th February 2008

Pfraser
replies: 1 views: 2,271
dale116dot7 11th February 2008

Hey there! Someone gave me a Matrix-12 for free (quite a few year ago). Due to me being a bass player, I didn't know what...

alexsimon
replies: 3 views: 851
Ruudman 11th February 2008

Hi, I am going to buy a gemini and have a choice of a Gemini or Gemini mk2. I know the mk2 has a pad and roll switch. The...

hotdrop
replies: 0 views: 877
hotdrop 11th February 2008

Hey everyone, I just got a Van Damme DSUB AES cable to hook up my Rosetta's AES digital out to my Avocet. But I'm not getting...

Glamdring
replies: 0 views: 626
Glamdring 11th February 2008

I have a Great River ME-1NV. I just moved locations. Now, there is a very annoying buzz when I have something thru the Hi-Z...

GlassPrisoner79
replies: 4 views: 1,149
Mauricio Gargel 11th February 2008

when mixin drums...what do you prefer? to insert the verb directly to the 2 buss mix or you prefer to put in each channel via...

elcubo
replies: 3 views: 734
elcubo 11th February 2008

i no that this is a noob question but what does it mean for mics to be in or out of phase

Deleted User
replies: 11 views: 971
vernier 11th February 2008

I have wanted to try one of these for years. 4 questions, 1.) why are there always 10-15 of these on ebay at any given time?...

Acoustic Cloud
replies: 43 views: 6,089
ssprod19 11th February 2008

I have a yamaha 02R with an apogee ap8da analog card installed (8outs via dsubpin), Rosetta 800, Big Ben clock, Digi002r...

stonesicc
replies: 0 views: 554
stonesicc 11th February 2008

So this is the thread That must be written in the Haiku Format, yo And just so you know That's five/seven/five format very...

dannygold
replies: 55 views: 2,557
uncle duncan 11th February 2008

My poor ol Roland 2480 is slowly dieing on me, so im looking elsewhere for a recording hardware/software package and the 003...

durty low Nate
replies: 4 views: 678
Jayro_Rockola 11th February 2008

Soo I haven`t used a 57 on electric guitars in a long time (well just by itself) so today on a session I decided to just use a...

echojulca
replies: 60 views: 3,509
CharlieSFS 11th February 2008

Well we have a check coming in May from the goverment so they say, how many gear slutz are gonna put that back into the economy...

AllAboutTone
replies: 34 views: 4,222
AllAboutTone 11th February 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search