The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm upgrading soon. I am just curious what people think about the Fireface 800 compared to using 500 series pres with a Mytek...

heisleyamor
replies: 15 views: 1,336
rackdude 7th March 2008

Yes, I have been reading hundreds of posts here, and finally I have to choose between these two : a used AKG C414XLS (500€)...

gaiarec
replies: 8 views: 2,282
gaiarec 7th March 2008

dumb question i know. i checked everywhere and can't find an answer. can i set my pro tools LE to save to two external...

Kadden Heart
replies: 23 views: 1,231
Kadden Heart 7th March 2008

So I have a yodeler coming in for a session and I'm getting ready to do a preproduction interview and am wondering what questions...

1/2 Normal
replies: 0 views: 408
1/2 Normal 7th March 2008

So I have an Aurora 16 connected to my project mix I/O. I'm using 7.1.1 protools m-powered. Everyday it decideds to act...

beardsnotbeers
replies: 6 views: 693
steveschizoid 7th March 2008

Lightbridge is being finicky today and I've got some work to do, was hoping someone might see this fast and be able to offer...

minor7th
replies: 7 views: 616
microsoftsucks 7th March 2008

Those with experience with both, for rock vocal recording, which 500 series pre would you prefer: Shadow Hills...

Matt Hepworth
replies: 6 views: 1,409
undermind 7th March 2008

Is currently this one.

chillytc
replies: 0 views: 634
chillytc 7th March 2008

My new rehabbed neotek console oughta be here anyday now (fingers crossed...w2w) I want to put the console in the traditional...

SHIRK
replies: 0 views: 569
SHIRK 7th March 2008

I just bought an bogner 101b.... i would know how can i link it with my Dual rectifier and use them on a bogner 4x12 box (here is...

mattsplace
replies: 1 views: 671
DeepSpace 7th March 2008

ok, i have a digi 003 rack running pro tools 7.4 on a windows pc.. i want something like the motu 24i/o but i dont think pro...

kingchong
replies: 9 views: 679
kingchong 7th March 2008

Has anyone compared the Genelec 8030A to the Adam A7? Which one is best for dance music?

reinvention.of.man
replies: 8 views: 2,547
Todd 7th March 2008

I'm visiting Chicago for the first time over this weekend. I was wondering if there are any shops or anything that might have...

seandoe
replies: 8 views: 1,142
HeavyG 7th March 2008

why do people use small diaphragm mics to record acoustic guitars instead of large diaphragm mics?

pikapikapi
replies: 23 views: 1,423
Methlab 7th March 2008

I have an opportunity to go pick up an Orban 111B Dual Spring Reverb with Limiter here locally for $200, total. Is it worth...

manthe
replies: 12 views: 3,307
TornadoTed 7th March 2008

Hello all, New here to the forums, although I have lurked a lot to do research. Today I bought the UA Solo 610, and I've done a...

kindablue
replies: 22 views: 1,023
BLUElightCory 7th March 2008

Anyone try this? How does it sound? Sorry for the mistake post...

rackdude
replies: 0 views: 1,981
rackdude 7th March 2008

Anyone try it? How does it turn out? OOPS! BAD POST! DIDN'T MEAN TO PUT BLA, MEANT OKTAVAMOD... how do I delete...

rackdude
replies: 0 views: 949
rackdude 7th March 2008

I'm considering buying it in addition to my Protools HD3 studio in order to have a portable studio that i can take around the...

tommygee
replies: 2 views: 638
tommygee 7th March 2008

Hello everyone, I'm doing a research paper on dynamic range audio compressors for my electronics class and I was wondering if...

cooper10
replies: 12 views: 18,766
emrr 7th March 2008

This is something I have tried a few times and was talking today to another engineer who had also played around with it. I...

Surfkat
replies: 12 views: 2,778
gallerytungsten 7th March 2008

I just got a bad ass late sixties farfisa portable organ off of craigslist. Same model Sly is seen playing here: Music Thing:...

Beneficial
replies: 0 views: 1,431
Beneficial 7th March 2008

I need to do some bass trapping in my room. I'm just wondering what best place would be to start bass trapping. I have KRK RP-6...

heisleyamor
replies: 6 views: 749
Ethan Winer 7th March 2008

Is it a sound (hehe) idea to spend $ 2500 on a couple of 2254 when the 33609 is half that sum ??

xlon
replies: 10 views: 2,577
Geoff_T 7th March 2008
replies: 2 views: 1,756
23449 7th March 2008

I am using Steven Slate Drum Samples and I want to use a Z1 and a Z4 file so that I can have the snare and the room mic. My...

heisleyamor
replies: 16 views: 1,902
Farview 7th March 2008

I know a lot of people seem to prefer the AEA R84 but I got a pretty good deal on a AEA R92, so I took the plunge. A lot of the...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 1 views: 1,365
arjan 7th March 2008

Just got a C2 about a week ago and I really like it so far. Just one question that I can't seem to find when I do a search; ...

marchhare
replies: 3 views: 715
princeplanet 7th March 2008

I just picked up the Purple Audio Sweet Ten from Atlas (thanks Nathan, and thanks for the Purple ODD too!), filled it up with my...

BLueROom
replies: 3 views: 2,113
Peter Montessi 7th March 2008

Thanks, Nathan, for the Action thread, as you know I've been very interested in these 2 units. Does anyone have some feedback...

BLueROom
replies: 6 views: 1,606
Fletcher 7th March 2008

there are few whispered legends about tools, techniques and special people of the music industry. for example it is said that...

nandi
replies: 2 views: 581
Mr.HOLMES 7th March 2008

Hey I have been wondering what would be the best for hip hop vox out of these 2 comps. 1. aphex cx-1 comp or 2. Joemeek...

musicmind11
replies: 1 views: 683
Guruceta 7th March 2008

anybody know why my 80 ohm Beyerdynamic DT 770 headphones are sounding 10x better out of my Macbook Pro than the Central Station?

hive
replies: 4 views: 1,102
AllAboutTone 7th March 2008

I am just curious how the slutz think about vinyl. Do you like to listen to it over CDs? Maybe only with analog-recorded albums?...

heisleyamor
replies: 91 views: 3,527
Stiff 7th March 2008

many cool records have been made througout the years. does anyone have some studio session gear pics from these recordings?...

musicmixer04
replies: 0 views: 731
musicmixer04 7th March 2008

Yesterday, a singer was nice enough to encourage my TM-1 to meet the ground it had previously been suspended over, at a high...

jigsawlogic
replies: 0 views: 659
jigsawlogic 7th March 2008

Here is my "studio". Weak. I know. ...

hduncan
replies: 24 views: 2,707
hduncan 7th March 2008

I've been considering an AEA microphone to give me a different flavor for electric guitar, since I've been a SM57/MD421 guy for a...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 8 views: 2,790
Sean Sullivan 7th March 2008

Found this in local craigslist. Pro audio doesn't find it's way around here in the 2nd hand market very often. We're looking to...

Jayro_Rockola
replies: 0 views: 862
Jayro_Rockola 7th March 2008

For overdubs, L-R dumps etc..do you guys have a 2 channel ad/da that you use on the same DAW as your main 8-16 channel...

filthyrich
replies: 3 views: 854
filthyrich 7th March 2008

Does anyone know if I need to purchase a transformer to use a US bought Roland Handsonic 15 in Germany? Will the machine 'adapt'...

Geoffrey
replies: 0 views: 506
Geoffrey 7th March 2008

Ok... Who`s the lifeless bastard?

LackOfIntelect
replies: 1 views: 1,391
tINY 7th March 2008

Hello fellow gearslutz! I have need of a couple of new mics. Yes, this subject has been beaten to death repeatedly, but i figure...

gainstages
replies: 6 views: 994
tINY 7th March 2008

Question... I think most mixers would agree that mixing on a console certainly sounds more "spacious" than a mix that...

Byron
replies: 30 views: 2,918
johnmix 7th March 2008

hey there, i need a little help from you guys in order to achieve a certain drum sound/effect. The song is from a scotish...

Alexi
replies: 16 views: 1,883
vernier 7th March 2008

I have a set up with a crossover and amps going to the two tops, and a crossover and amps going to my bottoms. I want to...

Gnash
replies: 5 views: 555
Gnash 7th March 2008

Does anyone know where to find info about hardware eq characteristics ( for example gain / q coupling relationships etc )

duckoff
replies: 0 views: 574
duckoff 7th March 2008

I will be receiving 2 germ comps. this week to demo. I have read some past posts on them. My question is, since it's been out...

engmix
replies: 3 views: 2,077
CorkyTart 7th March 2008

After reading the intresting troll on "why does everyone want to be the same", I thought I'd ask the obvious. Since...

Jim Williams
replies: 94 views: 9,814
cjogo 7th March 2008

I've decided to build my own plate reverb. There is a lot of great info out there and it seems pretty simple over all. I've...

manthe
replies: 18 views: 3,766
big country 7th March 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search