The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So today I have took out my Telefunken M15A out of long sleep. This Monster was a gift by my father and I have worked a little...

Mr.HOLMES
replies: 1 views: 976
rawdigits 13th March 2008

Last month I bought a new desktop pc to use only for my recording projects. It has a pretty good processor, 2G of ram, and I...

kid dynamike
replies: 1 views: 1,287
kid dynamike 13th March 2008

hey, i'm looking to buy a whole new set of preamps and i can't seem to get my head around which ones are right for me. i'm for a...

Cpl. Fatty
replies: 12 views: 997
steveschizoid 13th March 2008

Any experiences/opinions? Apogees marketing is very slutty and tempting but I've heard lotso complaints about the Ensemble but...

willythekid
replies: 15 views: 3,418
willythekid 13th March 2008

Not a gear question, but a musical one..... I am getting more amd more into arranging harmony with each project that I am...

stuntmixer
replies: 39 views: 3,364
dhamburger 13th March 2008

I'm wanting to do a recording at a local beach. Its a surf beach so there is a lot of salt in the air. I'm guessing this isn't...

matt thomas
replies: 5 views: 598
Grumblefoot 13th March 2008

there are so many of them for sale in the Used Equipment section? I thought these are 'keeper' comps..any ideas? diddlydoo

TROT
replies: 15 views: 1,929
shangoe 13th March 2008

I am mainly interested in the EQ's and Comp. Especially multiband, new vintage comp, and newly designed EQ. Are these tools...

m_gant
replies: 5 views: 1,147
The dman 13th March 2008

I would love it if someone could tell me what notes I should tune the pieces to. I plan on having a full sized Xylophone. I can't...

dylansmale
replies: 3 views: 562
psrock 13th March 2008

Okay... You guys got me second guessing so I re-did the test using one mic and an XLR "Y" cable. The biggest difference...

Me_Likey
replies: 12 views: 11,204
severe 13th March 2008

Ok, so i just got my naked eye ribbon mic yesterday and have yet to try it out. I have a 5150 amp that is hooked into a 4x12 that...

Losingreality
replies: 21 views: 1,018
SpiderM69 13th March 2008

Headphone amps are something I've been wondering about but never took the plunge, because in the back of my mind I keep thinking...

Lunatique
replies: 43 views: 4,766
Audio Hombre 13th March 2008

im using a Beta52a on the outside of the kick and a Beta91 pzm on the inside...question is do i have to invert the pzm or does it...

knifetheglitter
replies: 22 views: 1,688
big country 13th March 2008

Hey, just got my vintage urei la3a without cables attached. not 100% sure what to connect where. it says +/- com ...

WunderBro Flo
replies: 3 views: 938
Barish 13th March 2008

Anyone here using multi-band compression for vocals? I often end up using Waves C4 for taming a very "wild" vocal track.

shadewind
replies: 3 views: 536
SoundProofStudio 13th March 2008

I need an 8 channel high end DA converter for a digi 002, for summing with a dangerous Dbox (prefer summing to ITB). More...

Unknown soldier
replies: 9 views: 1,705
Lee Knight 13th March 2008

after a 14 hour mix day, you bounce the tracks to mono and dont realise until the next morning. back i go with my tail between...

tommy pee
replies: 4 views: 698
tiny333 13th March 2008

Hi all, I seem to hear rumours everywhere Apogee is going to discontinue the Mini Me. - Does anybody have a reliable source...

BrettMorello
replies: 28 views: 2,075
elfy 13th March 2008

Of all the mics I have used, my favorite has been the AKG 414. I first used it on vocals. Our vocalist was a somewhat Geddy...

jamsmith
replies: 10 views: 1,781
leaper 13th March 2008

I went through Gearslutz search and looked up what people consider the best sounding albums of all time and took pictures of what...

camerondye
replies: 10 views: 1,042
camerondye 13th March 2008

started working with a new client yesterday, young dude about 15 years old. The genre is wanky metal, lots of difficult parts...

DNR
replies: 2 views: 653
Snatchman 13th March 2008

Hey all, quite new to Gearslutz so hello!.. I'm going to be in need of a new interface this summer, contemplating a pair of...

AndyZippy
replies: 4 views: 1,454
The dman 13th March 2008

Hey, I just recently baught a console to use for mixing purposes and I only have the breakout cable with a ballanced output for...

musicmind11
replies: 1 views: 567
Snatchman 13th March 2008

Hey all. Has anyone used these?: ATI - Audio Technologies, Inc It's not from that famous ATI/API company, but from the other...

bram
replies: 5 views: 914
bram 13th March 2008

Would the Anamod be overkill in a configuration like this: UA2192 Chandler TG-2 Anamod or UA2192 Aurora GTQ Anamod

goatie
replies: 4 views: 770
goatie 13th March 2008

Does anyone do this? I was interning at a place in Detroit last summer and remember the eningeers doing this. What is the...

Marshall Oliver
replies: 16 views: 3,738
Chaellus 13th March 2008

All mic stands more or less perform their function and are exceptionally boring and uncool. Has anybody come across a mic stand...

SaxJordan
replies: 14 views: 12,029
JPeters86 13th March 2008

I gotta say, I'm just blown away by Digi. (I own a PTHD3 system and sometimes use Motu's Digital Performer to write with in DAE...

drBill
replies: 0 views: 624
drBill 13th March 2008

anyone in the greater boston area want to master my bands record this weekend * so we can get it to pressing on monday? our guy...

cornboy7x
replies: 3 views: 728
47radAR 13th March 2008

Hey guys , I recently bought a Roland TR626 . The tempo dial changes the tempo in increments of two , so it goes from 80 bpm...

ThomasWho
replies: 1 views: 676
Kiwiburger 13th March 2008

Which Mic and pre that Richard Marx used in his song Now and Forever? it sound like an 251 ... any idea ??

lvktv
replies: 2 views: 920
James Lehmann 13th March 2008

Are there any sound clips/examples of the Germanium Compressor available anywhere?

Hope209
replies: 0 views: 954
Hope209 13th March 2008

I just ordered BFD2 and the PS evil drums pack along with another hard drive to hold this monster, but have a question: -If BFD...

guittarzzan
replies: 1 views: 633
matt thomas 13th March 2008

what board was it tracked on?

ec_pat5150
replies: 37 views: 7,050
PoorGlory 13th March 2008

I am looking for a dreamy quality in female harmony vocals; the cheesy new age kind for a task at hand. They sing some simple...

deve
replies: 4 views: 564
Magpel 13th March 2008

I've read pretty much all of the reviews and clips of the Sputnik that I can find. It sounds amazing for the price and features...

heisleyamor
replies: 14 views: 8,276
Docmattic 13th March 2008

hey GS- i've been given the green light by the bosses to actually buy some fun gear...so i'm thinking of dipping my toes...

marty lester
replies: 42 views: 4,097
gm5k 13th March 2008

Solid State Logic | Music Is this new? Who's selling it and for how much? EDIT: my bad, should have searched first.

erock
replies: 0 views: 753
erock 13th March 2008

Mic stands

Ok, maybe a dumb question but does anyone have a recomendation on a good boom stand? All I have found are cheapo pro line stands...

Jiggity
replies: 35 views: 2,902
bassman 13th March 2008

Is there a DirectX version of INSPECTOR or a comparable DirectX plugin? I know it is available for free in VST and RTAS. I really...

kid dynamike
replies: 6 views: 2,469
jvt 13th March 2008

I'm new to RtR and Gear slutz. Been doing lots of reading and learning. I just bought a mx-5050 B II2 for use in my classroom....

Doug Olitsky
replies: 0 views: 598
Doug Olitsky 13th March 2008

so, i hope someone can shed some light on this issue for me. i am trying to figure out whether there is a difference in these...

russellwolff
replies: 1 views: 675
russellwolff 13th March 2008

******************* DISCLAIMER ******************* This is yet another what the hell should I buy next thread Please move on if...

Brent
replies: 11 views: 996
Brent 13th March 2008

Craig 'Hutch' Hutchison has left Manley Labs and joined Rupert Neve Designs where he'll work with...

John Moran
replies: 3 views: 664
TonyBelmont 13th March 2008

Just curious. I notice when i do my mixes sound mixes sound more focused and less muddy. But I guess it depends on the mics,...

ryst
replies: 8 views: 829
rwhitney 13th March 2008

I bought a used Yamaha Motif, and for some strange reason, in the box of stuff that came with it, there is a fender cable. It is...

NL5
replies: 8 views: 777
dbbubba 13th March 2008

I was on a panel this weekend with my father..gamble and huff are getting inducted in the rock hall of fame tonight and he is...

Sigma
replies: 29 views: 1,717
Sigma 13th March 2008

A lot of you guys ask about ways to double-track GTRs and I just found the DAT with a good example of one of my favorite...

dbbubba
replies: 16 views: 1,566
dbbubba 13th March 2008

Hi folks! I'm thinking of making my first proper purchase of out the box gear soon, maybe a focusrite octopre, maybe a neve...

jjharvey
replies: 11 views: 728
PRIME8PRODUCTIONS 13th March 2008

I'm about to buy some new mics and MD441 is on top of my list. but there seems to be different models out the, U, U3, N, etc....

esaias
replies: 2 views: 1,770
Kristian 13th March 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search