The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I'm wondering how many of us take advantage of MIDI for MORE than just sequencing things like drums, bass lines, or keyboards....

Wally Joe
replies: 23 views: 2,105
travisbrown 14th April 2008

So a drainage pipe burst in my roof and while I was gone at night, it poured water all over my gear.wworried My KRK V6's got...

Kris75
replies: 4 views: 634
TonyBelmont 14th April 2008

I hav'nt heard much, as of late about the Germ 500... is it still in production? ...hows it working out? does'nt seem to be...

Klauth
replies: 1 views: 698
Anselmo 14th April 2008

This is one for the German / Berlin slutz out there howdy I'm looking for a West African singer / guitarist - in the Babba...

reid
replies: 1 views: 597
reid 14th April 2008

I hear tons of stuff about API pres on drums. Is that all they excell at? I would reckon they would rock on bass but what about...

Heartfelt
replies: 9 views: 898
Heartfelt 14th April 2008

In the No. 64 issue of tape-op, Dan Lavry says to get the best out of your (or his) converter, you should hit it as hard as...

mikymike
replies: 44 views: 3,431
Brian Brock 14th April 2008

what were the debates/crticisms of gear when all analog was all there was, say at its peak years (late 70's)? to me the...

networkresearch
replies: 2 views: 581
tINY 14th April 2008

hey, i'm at a mastering studio, but we're branching a bit into mixing, and are looking for some decent plug-in's for general...

esrever Reverb
replies: 18 views: 1,049
synthoid 14th April 2008

ok, so i've purchased an Otari 1" 16 track, and am excited to see what it will bring to the table. my band has just about...

johndykstra
replies: 23 views: 1,103
vernier 14th April 2008

SSL = 24 channels of AD/DA for the price of 8chs of Apogee. Too good to be true, or am I buying the Apogee name? I have a...

rack gear
replies: 2 views: 1,208
rack gear 14th April 2008

Could anyone tell me what the first record was that Pro Tools was used on? And also, was it PTHD when it first came out? Cheers...

Zack
replies: 7 views: 2,533
T_R_S 14th April 2008

I have a mix I'm working on (actually a remix of a tune of mine) that's pretty much ready to go (at least I'm 98% on). The thing...

rockrev
replies: 4 views: 856
Snatchman 14th April 2008

fd5AJzSLuakhttp://www.vintageking.com/core/media/media.nl?id=47371&c=360669&h=feba188cc50e72b38454

delcosmos
replies: 440 views: 47,984
studjo 14th April 2008

ok...I'm helping a friend out with a short flash movie he is doing by editing audio for him he wants to transition between two...

dviola
replies: 3 views: 1,067
ArcCirDude 14th April 2008

Arghhhhhhhh!abduction Not sure how the guys who write prolifically keep their sanity. My brain is oatmeal! It's like...

FFTT
replies: 30 views: 1,663
Pasta4lnch 14th April 2008

I have a few old Soundcraft consoles that I want to clean. This is mainly just a cosmetic clean not inside. What solution do you...

houndog328
replies: 6 views: 744
junkshop 14th April 2008

So Im doing a remote recording at our local arts center, and one of mic pres dies on me, I didn't really need it so I didn't...

adamcal
replies: 3 views: 842
adamcal 14th April 2008

what kind of mics do mariah carey use on her albums?

pikapikapi
replies: 4 views: 993
LeMauce 14th April 2008

Hey all, I have my fair share of studio experience, but am only getting my feet wet playing live. To further the fun, I don't...

STREETCAR
replies: 0 views: 1,029
STREETCAR 14th April 2008

I was tracking some simply scratches for someone last night, and they used a Gibson SG Epiphone into a JCM 2000 w/ one of those...

fooman
replies: 28 views: 2,679
fooman 14th April 2008

Hi all, My first post here howdy I am looking to purchase an apogee ensemble to go with my mac pro and Logic 8. I am using...

AmbientArchitect
replies: 0 views: 583
AmbientArchitect 14th April 2008

Hi all! Just wondering if any one has had experience, (good or bad), using a Tascam DM-3200 with the FireWire card connected...

SamC.CA
replies: 1 views: 918
PraiseStudios 14th April 2008

Hi Folks, How is the functionality of the Trident or Toft Monitoring Section (Compared to Presonus CS or SPL 2381) as we are...

PraiseStudios
replies: 0 views: 750
PraiseStudios 14th April 2008

i tested couple plugins in both TDM and RTAS format Wave Q6, RE EQ6, Focusright FF EQ, digidesign EQ3 and EQ2 all of them have...

dxl
replies: 6 views: 2,598
Bobo 14th April 2008

I am using the UAD 1176 everyday, it is the best emulation by far of an 1176 that I have found. Now I am thinking about switching...

WunderBro Flo
replies: 7 views: 1,837
Beyersound 14th April 2008

So here's the scenario: I'm looking into buying a specific console. Totally sold on finding one of these. Not much in them,...

cgarges
replies: 11 views: 1,090
AudioFocus 14th April 2008

I need help just gettitng the overall volume of my mix's louder. Because im recording in as loud as i can but still when i...

Deleted User
replies: 11 views: 928
LeeStoker 14th April 2008

I'm looking for transcription assistant software that slows down the song w/o changing the pitch. I've found the Amazing Slow...

jonshin
replies: 2 views: 680
rackdude 14th April 2008
replies: 0 views: 554
travisbrown 14th April 2008

I've read this in many places. Don't HP everything or you'll mess with the phase. Can someone please explain the science fact or...

juicylime
replies: 100 views: 5,430
lazzaro 14th April 2008

Very basic question: What is the most common way that people connect an analog console to a DAW -- i.e. Pro Tools -- on a...

estesbass
replies: 4 views: 2,201
heyman 14th April 2008

anyone know of any high latency count when recording with this? how do you like it? would it be necessary to get two if you plan...

dylansmale
replies: 5 views: 664
espasonico 14th April 2008

So, I'll be putting out the studios first print ad soon and thought I'd get a bit of advice or guidelines, perhaps even some...

china jam
replies: 7 views: 1,201
china jam 14th April 2008

I have a pair of AT 4060s that I like to use for drum overheads and rooms, sometimes a vocal or ac gtr. I'd been reading about...

panhandler
replies: 4 views: 2,131
janek 68 13th April 2008

Attachment upload (photos & MP3s) temporarily suspended The upload of new attachments (photos and MP3s etc) has been...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 1,349
Jules 13th April 2008

When I finish my setup this month I'll end up with the following pre's A Desigins - Pacifica Aurora Audio - GTQ2 API -...

Jalabodu
replies: 47 views: 3,932
bobwarren 13th April 2008

So i need to wire up a studio and it's kinda a mixed bag of nuts. They have a Mackie d8b but they just want to use it for some...

Arturo Bandini
replies: 1 views: 610
Arturo Bandini 13th April 2008

wheres the EQ in the chain of an amp head is it after all the amping or is the EQ in middle of a typical amp chain any body...

big country
replies: 0 views: 555
big country 13th April 2008

Hello, M/S is my favorite method to record acoustic guitars. I use different mics for M (Gefell M930, Gefell MT71s, Beyer...

buzzjoe
replies: 14 views: 1,337
Corran 13th April 2008

I did some experiments micing a drum kit with 4 mic setups instead of micing everything. The kick/snare mics were common to both....

TheArchitect
replies: 3 views: 795
TheArchitect 13th April 2008

Is anyone else here doing the Radiohead remix thing ? I've done a mix would be glad to know what people thought . The link is...

Brett 123
replies: 1 views: 615
marcus 13th April 2008

Hi guys, i live in germany and have a manley massive passive from the usa.When i use transformator,does it influence the sound...

mr.jimmy
replies: 1 views: 899
ArcCirDude 13th April 2008

Why can't someone design this box you plug into, maybe come out of your mic preamp and into it, that actually has a ring of tape...

hebjam
replies: 9 views: 884
Savernake 13th April 2008

Hey all you engineers (or producers & composers that do engineering yourself) - I have a question about how you interact with...

zirconst
replies: 6 views: 904
espasonico 13th April 2008

i got this one little beast http://www.zinsik.de/NOISELAB/stm_310.jpg ye old tape vengerian machine... is it worth dealing with...

fistula
replies: 1 views: 3,203
Studioklocka 13th April 2008

I am always very accustomed to putting compression on the insert of tracks ITB, but then when looking towards the API 1608...

rackdude
replies: 1 views: 2,673
psycho_monkey 13th April 2008

Ok, so I am thinking of getting an API 1608, but the track count... 32 channels? What am I supposed to do with the extras? I was...

rackdude
replies: 4 views: 1,115
psycho_monkey 13th April 2008

Hello all! Long time reader, brand new member here. I just picked up this Orange County Electronics comp on ebay and im wondering...

larry b
replies: 6 views: 2,152
CAVU 13th April 2008

Hi guys, I've been toying with the idea of getting Marshall-ish sounding amp to complement my VH4, so that I have both the modern...

VH4_Brewtality
replies: 7 views: 902
Everyman 13th April 2008

The idea of spending $200 on shockmounts for my upcoming bluebird pair doesn't sit well with me. Especially when they come with...

danbronson
replies: 2 views: 2,321
Jonboy79 13th April 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search