The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

How do you use distortion/beef up/add grit to vocals? Do you make preamps distort? Do you use plugins, dist pedals.. what?? ...

perx
replies: 32 views: 5,534
ripit 22nd April 2008

I have some money to spend and I was wondering if it is worthwhile for me to get a Digi 002R so that I would have a small...

johnnyjellybean
replies: 11 views: 847
johnnyjellybean 22nd April 2008

I was just listening to the Marilyn Manson Album (Eat Me Drink Me) on my friends computer in the studio...(no my kind of thing...

junya-eskimo
replies: 1 views: 2,284
junya-eskimo 22nd April 2008

Anyone know the difference between these two boards? I am console-a-hunting and they seem to be contenders. I have a line on a...

skythemusic
replies: 6 views: 4,127
skythemusic 22nd April 2008

Does Vista Ultimate Edition give you better performance for recording? I'm considering between home basic, home premium, and...

heisleyamor
replies: 4 views: 778
ext_frequency 22nd April 2008

Hi Folx Next Saturday I will record a demo for a band. We can use two Digi 002 Interfaces. The problem is that the second...

Ear 4 Gear
replies: 9 views: 1,521
DrDeltaM 22nd April 2008

bad timing. lots of work to do and my 2247LE is acting up. It works fine in omni mode, but any variation of cardioid completely...

grantlandau
replies: 5 views: 782
Jules 22nd April 2008

Hello, I am recording my first drums in my analogue Otari mx 80. I am doing it without compressor or limiter (perhaps I will...

ecolleno
replies: 7 views: 1,569
ecolleno 22nd April 2008

Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy liecseses for sony oxford eq, uad 1176. and eventide clockworks bundle, for...

9bstudio
replies: 3 views: 846
drBill 22nd April 2008

I'm in the midst of a little upgrade to the home system, where I record mainly acoustic guitar and electric guitar, occasional...

tropicalhotdog
replies: 6 views: 671
uncle duncan 22nd April 2008

I have a ME-1NV, and I've noticed I seem to consistently prefer a cleaner setting, meaning I usually crank the output level and...

weemies
replies: 5 views: 1,474
Wes Kuhnley 22nd April 2008

Hi I`m going to add another computer to my main PT tdm setup.. this computer will run on it`s native cpu, I will install PT LE...

musicmixer04
replies: 7 views: 1,511
Ben B 22nd April 2008

Ok....its big....has tubes....some trannies. I'm thinking its a broadcast limiter......but does anyone use this thing in the...

Steffmo
replies: 8 views: 1,985
Steffmo 22nd April 2008

I am curious how you guys do it. I mix a lot of rock so for me, I find it easiest to get the loudest part of the song rockin'...

ryst
replies: 7 views: 862
Fabi 22nd April 2008

hey. i just finished making a few multi-hit drums samples for kick and snare. i used a 1968 20" kick and a '68 ludwig steel...

AndrewsLaneRec.
replies: 49 views: 2,488
mejon 22nd April 2008

Any experiences? i have opportunity to order TC with GK67 capsule...it isn`t stock mic...I know some reviews about standart mods...

janek 68
replies: 1 views: 1,079
brithedark 22nd April 2008

...and I'm only using 2", no ProTools... 1st time in a very long time I've coaxed someone into not using PT... I can't...

Messiah
replies: 9 views: 784
china jam 22nd April 2008

ok, the digidesign website is really poorly laid out, and i kind of want some comments from people who are using legacy systems...

Shane Michael Rose
replies: 8 views: 1,415
Benmrx 22nd April 2008

Hi all! I need some advice. I'm looking for my first multi pattern mic. I will use it mainly for recording vocals, accoustic...

stafs
replies: 15 views: 1,712
stafs 22nd April 2008

I need some Owens 705 frk rigid for bass traps. Anyone know a good supplier in Ca?

hduncan
replies: 10 views: 958
robmix 22nd April 2008

Greetings, I'm looking for assistance with patch dumps from the DP/4+. I'm working in Logic and want to be able to dump my dp/4...

anza
replies: 1 views: 1,258
anza 22nd April 2008

I recently bought a Redco bantam patchbay with d-sub terminals on the back and its been great for tidying up messy looms and...

woodfoot
replies: 5 views: 615
woodfoot 22nd April 2008

Hi, I recently got this Telefunken 24v psu off a friend. Since he got the piece by random chance I asked him if he had any use...

Ed Space
replies: 0 views: 557
Ed Space 22nd April 2008

I need to put together a compilation CD of previously mastered tracks from earlier CDs. the tracks from the previous CDs were...

jnorman
replies: 5 views: 1,216
u b k 21st April 2008

For home recording, do you like to put your monitors on your desk? I have the Auralex MoPAD which helps the lows a lot. I kind of...

heisleyamor
replies: 5 views: 1,884
pdlstl 21st April 2008

im looking of going from a unbalanced RCA out (PRE/DAC) to a balanced XLR input (STUDIO MONITORS) and would like to know if there...

Mr. Nice
replies: 0 views: 2,208
Mr. Nice 21st April 2008

Some of you guys must have a pimp alarm clock. Right now I have a ridiculous system to wake up to. If sounds great and does the...

firby
replies: 6 views: 815
Dan 21st April 2008

I am in the middle of an acoustics crisis. Like most bedroom producers I have a less than ideal room for monitoring and mixing....

intellijel
replies: 8 views: 1,558
heisleyamor 21st April 2008

here's a little trick question for all you anglophiles out there - In 1974 when Roxy Music graced their presence to unsuspecting...

deckerluke
replies: 6 views: 1,571
mejon 21st April 2008

alrighty, i'm about to buy a set of V-Drums so that i can play, rehearse (with a band!) and record my drumming in such an...

dubrichie
replies: 27 views: 2,834
Bang 21st April 2008

Hey Guys, I'm in the process of finishing up a song and I'm about to record the backing vocals. In the past I have pretty much...

edwonbass
replies: 2 views: 1,294
edwonbass 21st April 2008

Hello all, Our fellow GS'er Michael Wagener and this writer are in the discussion phase of setting up a guitar-oriented clinic,...

Terry McInturff
replies: 8 views: 722
Terry McInturff 21st April 2008

i like X/Y overheads, but i often have a tough time getting them to agree with the close mics. sometimes phase inverting them in...

ghetto3jon
replies: 10 views: 822
deve 21st April 2008

My goodness i didnt realize it would be so difficult to find good monitoring setup for our new room. Basically, we are setting up...

doubledecker
replies: 0 views: 468
doubledecker 21st April 2008

Researchers at the University of Rochester have digitally reproduced music in a file nearly 1,000 times smaller than a regular...

Sigma
replies: 5 views: 773
Sui_City 21st April 2008

Hi, quick question - I'm experimenting with various tuning techniques on my kit and wanted to check with you guys - if i...

jimmyz
replies: 4 views: 718
HeavyG 21st April 2008

Hi guys, I've been reading this forum for a while and decided to post about this thing that puzzles me... When you get a plug-in...

jdtrbn
replies: 9 views: 1,145
Karloff70 21st April 2008
replies: 0 views: 504
JVstyle Productions 21st April 2008

So I bought an ATR80 2 inch machine….. pretty geeked up about that. heh There were some DVDs on Ebay a while back...

not_so_new
replies: 1 views: 416
not_so_new 21st April 2008

Thought I'd do a little poll. How hard are you hitting the compressor, while tracking lead vocals? ...and please make note...

audiomichael
replies: 4 views: 1,113
edvdr76 21st April 2008

Hey guys, I was just checking out the Solid State Logic Mixpander 5 and the Alpha Link AX converters and see that it is only for...

BrandRecordingCo
replies: 2 views: 807
warhead 21st April 2008

I'm wondering how common it is for multiple musicians to be sharing the same headphone mix or do most of you have fully discreet...

thingsbreak
replies: 16 views: 1,221
warhead 21st April 2008

John Peluso was featured on All Things Considered on NPR today. With comments by Klause Heyne: German Mics and New Pelusos (Make...

jowillie
replies: 4 views: 701
warhead 21st April 2008

boing boing boing It is here at last, waiting is over!!! Lynx AES16e will begin shipping on April...

niklassweden
replies: 5 views: 671
Nu-tra 21st April 2008

Hey folks. I didn't know what section to post this in, so let's start here and see if there are any bites. My voice sounds...

russellwolff
replies: 57 views: 6,346
Brad Lunde 21st April 2008

My room is directly under my parents room. When they walk around its bass sounds crack down into my basement so damn loud. Not to...

dylansmale
replies: 11 views: 834
danbronson 21st April 2008

I just got this old QuadEight AutoMix or AM 3-b compressor going... Man these things are freaking rare! Has anyone else here...

adam_f
replies: 7 views: 1,619
turnstile 21st April 2008

Are they similar? clean transparent. I own a Grace Designs Lunatec V3. Was thinking about picking one up to try..I like the...

RuffJazzRecords
replies: 3 views: 1,217
fifthcircle 21st April 2008

I am looking for clamps that allow me to clamp regular microphones onto toms. I seem to recall a post on this forum on this...

Xspringe
replies: 8 views: 1,104
Brad Lunde 21st April 2008

I mix everything ITB and don't have enough money right now or space (temporarily in a college house)...so I do everything in my...

heisleyamor
replies: 62 views: 5,823
Fishmed 21st April 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search