The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Greetings, All . . . I've read through a ton of posts about mic choices, so here's just one more: I have a home studio,...

showbiz999
replies: 9 views: 758
danbronson 7th May 2008

Im going to take a chance and order a P-bass online, without trying it. Have tried many P-basses but cant remember playing on...

popkid
replies: 15 views: 2,181
geoff004 7th May 2008

Ok, so I've got an Apogee Ensemble. Its inputs and outputs are TRS connectors that can be set in software to either +4 or -10...

lean
replies: 3 views: 2,526
Doc Mixwell 7th May 2008

Okay, they kicked some tail in that shoot out. Why the lack of hype coming in? There were as many that were swearing buy it's...

Bradahman
replies: 22 views: 1,669
pan60 7th May 2008

After a conversation with a couple of Producers last night over this, it got me thinking... I came to the conclusion that I...

dreamsongs
replies: 34 views: 5,313
Kadden Heart 7th May 2008

After acquiring a couple of re 11's I recently stumbled upon this mic. Can anyone give me any details on it? The regular site...

Gone 6 days now
replies: 23 views: 5,759
Gone 6 days now 7th May 2008

I spent a entire weekend going through cabling/connections .here's the deal! When monitoring the outputs of my masterlink during...

money-pit
replies: 0 views: 502
money-pit 7th May 2008

gonna try and step up from my interface's converters to a standalone version. pawing through old topics only confused me more....

eor
replies: 7 views: 903
T9c 7th May 2008

Hi, I wonder who's using 2 focusrite isa 220 for buss compression or drum compression, since a friend of mine told me these comps...

roxy
replies: 5 views: 897
Musiclab 7th May 2008

Hi friends Is the first time I have to record for a DVD, so im not so used to the sound treatment and how it should sound. ...

analogica
replies: 1 views: 713
Ethan Winer 7th May 2008

Hi there, I work in Logic Pro 7. usually I'll make use of Logic's compressor, however recently I downloaded a demo of the...

inthecorner
replies: 7 views: 617
leebridges 7th May 2008

My friend brought in an Apogee Mini-Me to replace our M-Audio 410 as a 2-channel converter. Holy God, that thing sounds so much...

soupking
replies: 0 views: 681
soupking 7th May 2008

3 months ago I started looking at getting a mixing console for my studio with mild interested. I was amazed at how cheap mixers...

dobz
replies: 6 views: 1,293
msmith 7th May 2008

Hello All, I am new to the world of engineering so I have less experience than most if not all of you. I am in Nashvile and...

PhilipAnania
replies: 66 views: 3,977
midnightsun 7th May 2008

Hey there, So, after several months of watching ebay, I finally saw a used sm7 and with a 'Buy It Now' of $249! So, I bought it!...

staticwhitesound
replies: 0 views: 660
staticwhitesound 7th May 2008

Hey everyone. I am brand new to this site so if I am posting in the wrong area please point me in the right direction.... I...

Jookly
replies: 4 views: 1,232
jonesboy 7th May 2008

this is probably a silly question, but i'm starting to learn more about headroom and recording at proper levels in pro tools,...

driches
replies: 4 views: 1,787
driches 7th May 2008

Does anyone have the Master of Puppets Notes posted by Flemming Rassmussen on a thread here on gearslutz, the link doesn`t work...

torquemada
replies: 2 views: 2,000
torquemada 7th May 2008

These days there's so much invested...both faith and money...into gear with the hopes that anyone purchasing will sound like a...

Jamz
replies: 27 views: 1,880
Digitar 7th May 2008

I teach a beginning recording class at a university and I am looking for 8-16 track multis of famous songs for the students to...

reallife4
replies: 6 views: 679
duckoff 7th May 2008

Greetings! What is "the Blow test" ? As is in "I tried out an old U87 and it failed the blow...

ThomasWho
replies: 7 views: 893
Knastratt 7th May 2008

The question which can only be properly answered by wise soundmen like the ones around here is : The playback of a DVD-Audio...

Know Nothing
replies: 6 views: 656
Know Nothing 7th May 2008

I've been looking on the HP United States - Computers, Laptops, Servers, Printers and more site and found a computer for around...

heisleyamor
replies: 8 views: 662
Blast9 7th May 2008

Hi all. Im using Nuendo 3 with 2x MOTU HD192s. I wanted to experiment with using external FX in Nuendo 3. I set up a new...

Ozzy
replies: 8 views: 1,113
Ozzy 7th May 2008

Has anyone heard of this one: Yamaha PM1000 Preamp It's called the japanish Neve. Is it any good? Cheers...

Limepit
replies: 1 views: 1,673
bluesman714 7th May 2008

Hi I got a session where all the tracks were recorded at 44.1 khz but the Vocals were recorded with the EXT Word Clock at 48...

Fuel
replies: 7 views: 1,454
mm-pro 7th May 2008
replies: 0 views: 615
DISCERN 7th May 2008

Hi folks As title says, can anyone recommend a good manager for a composer/artist/layabout type? :P Thanks in advance!

jjharvey
replies: 11 views: 845
Savernake 7th May 2008

I HAVE 2 PEAVEY 18" SUBS AND 2 PEAVEY 15" MAINS... MY QUESTION IS, WHEN THE SUBS ARE DOING THE WORK FOR THE LOW END...

brentworthy
replies: 5 views: 700
sleeps 7th May 2008

I thought it would be cool if people posted images or configuration settings for their patchbay(s), per a discussion in another...

infopimpster
replies: 0 views: 2,329
infopimpster 7th May 2008
replies: 2 views: 964
frankiedrz 7th May 2008

If you took a $1500, a $3000, and a $5000 microphone and applied heavy compression, and some EQ, how much of the mic's original...

audiomichael
replies: 0 views: 533
audiomichael 7th May 2008

C-weighted in my car with no music, no a/c, parked and no engine running, the Ratshack Meter reads: Set to 60: 55dB slow/55dB...

hduncan
replies: 2 views: 919
hduncan 7th May 2008

Ok, for craps & giggles I downloaded Reaper (just so I could dismiss the hype). Why did I do this? Now I'm really liking...

rockrev
replies: 77 views: 5,644
heisleyamor 7th May 2008

Hey, So I am going to be starting a position DJing at a bar and I need to find the right software for the job. Here are the...

chemicalwinter
replies: 13 views: 892
chemicalwinter 7th May 2008

Anyone out there have a schematic for a melcor c20 compressor,or at least know the proper power supply voltage. Thanks

unkle bubba
replies: 1 views: 1,581
orphanaudio 7th May 2008

Some of you have heard my current plight and thanks for your thoughts. For those who have not, basically for my band's next...

phaedrus
replies: 22 views: 1,498
Keire 7th May 2008

I have a tube tech CL1B. I need to know of a quick way to calibrate the meter it seems to have slowly drifted over the past year...

bdunard
replies: 0 views: 688
bdunard 7th May 2008

I am so excited. I have missed Protools HD so very much. I bought a Mix Core off eBay and have used it to upgrade to HD. All...

barryjohns
replies: 13 views: 1,039
Me_Likey 7th May 2008

This is from a compilation cd and it does not sound like any of the other tracks included. i know this song and i'm pretty damn...

rekloos
replies: 0 views: 790
rekloos 7th May 2008

Trying to get some user feedback on the X-Tempo POK -- anybody familiar w/this new wireless DAW controller? I have a home...

RockinTrax
replies: 2 views: 2,031
stringfling 7th May 2008

How do you country engineers approach micing a resonator guitar? Any pro advice? I have session to engineer on 5/07 doing...

Yetti
replies: 9 views: 3,178
Yetti 7th May 2008

Your attention please for the following: I thought the thread of KingDaddyO in the moan zone is EVERYBODY's concern: Currently...

Reptil
replies: 7 views: 1,554
KingDaddyO 7th May 2008

here is my deal...I run a busy little studio and I work ITB with a nice bit of outboard..I can get my hands on an ALESIS X2 for...

superburtm
replies: 19 views: 5,405
svart 7th May 2008

Hi, all. So, my girlfriend and I are working on a small recording project for her audio class. We decided early on that we...

ersheff
replies: 8 views: 2,470
theblue1 7th May 2008

I need some advice. I'm looking for a 2 channel preamp that excels on guitar (electric and acoustic), a pair of SDC for acoustic...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 6 views: 925
Jim Easton 7th May 2008

For the last recording I did, I used the pre-amps on the firepod with an MXL2003 mic for the main vocals, sm57 and shure tom mics...

swill777
replies: 5 views: 1,710
msquared 7th May 2008

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've got a situation, and I'm trying to figure out how to handle it. For the sake of...

aquamixgrout
replies: 55 views: 2,674
Savernake 7th May 2008

I've been contemplating which external hard drive to get. Right now i'm using a PC but will get a MAC later this year. I'm...

SoniqKwality
replies: 32 views: 3,029
corruptmary 7th May 2008

Event Precision 8 Tannoy Precision 8 True Systems Precision 8 ? Wouldn't there be...er...something that would prevent them...

erock
replies: 6 views: 1,775
squeegybug 6th May 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search