The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I finally tried ORTF technique for overhead and that sounded great alone about 3 feet above my head. But when I added an SM7b...

heisleyamor
replies: 5 views: 965
AmplitudeAudio 12th May 2008

I WISH TO BUY THIS PRE AMPS BUT I DONT FOUND INFO ABOUT THE TAB/TELEFUNKEN V76M 1965 Telefunken V76M Pre Amp - eBay (item...

lokillo77
replies: 1 views: 797
turnstile 12th May 2008

uh, yeah. all in the title i guess. i've checked out the sennheiser website, there are some very nice high end, and more budget...

hazza
replies: 2 views: 674
AmplitudeAudio 12th May 2008

Hi, it's a broad question, but... EQs and compressors have pretty clearly defined tasks. What makes them sound different? For...

jdtrbn
replies: 9 views: 932
jdtrbn 12th May 2008

Gearlust is a disease and this place ain't a 12 step program. I record my own music pretty much only for myself Recently...

CassidyGT
replies: 10 views: 1,095
Stu Gutz 12th May 2008

I need to buy some balanced XLR-to-XLR cables (short length) to connect some high-end gear in my studio. I want something really...

ektia
replies: 39 views: 6,319
peeder 12th May 2008

Looking for a good optical compressor around $1500. not gonna use it for anything other than Vocals with a api7600 and or...

DivineMusic
replies: 10 views: 1,219
DivineMusic 12th May 2008

Looking hard at the Duet and curious if there is any reason to go with the A2D vs. the duet. Anyone used both or have any tips on...

phaedrus
replies: 2 views: 796
seaneldon 12th May 2008

As 360 deals are a relatively new thing. What are some of the intricacies of one of these deals ? What kind of percentages have...

gurubuzz
replies: 14 views: 1,231
Digibear 12th May 2008

Hey guys, first post.. apologies if this is in the wrong place; I couldn't find a forum for career advice and all.. I've always...

greel78
replies: 63 views: 6,657
joelpatterson 12th May 2008

WOW... I have no words. Just rocking my head to the beat. YouTube - Amazing young guitar player h=viWfZNQSSSs

nukmusic
replies: 4 views: 938
Mr.HOLMES 12th May 2008

Hi just wondering if it spossible to use the duet as a A/D converter by connecting it to one of the firewire ports on a 410 so i...

Acoust
replies: 0 views: 621
Acoust 12th May 2008

I'm very new in the recording world of music and much of the lingo I don't understand. What does it mean to "print" eq...

fitbass54
replies: 4 views: 1,017
psycho_monkey 12th May 2008

Hello, hows it going, im currently talking to two different people about investing in a tape machine one is heavily...

deckerluke
replies: 27 views: 1,428
raal 12th May 2008

Hey guys and gals, I know the obvious response to my question will be..."depends on how good you are." Please spare...

BrandRecordingCo
replies: 16 views: 1,164
matt thomas 12th May 2008

Hey, what's the difference between all these models of the 992? Can someone break it down for me?

deckerluke
replies: 5 views: 1,041
deckerluke 12th May 2008

I did a couple of searches, like "what do you mix to?" and "bounce to disk" but could not find anything. ...

Kronos147
replies: 12 views: 1,930
Chaellus 12th May 2008

Hey all, I recently picked up a patchbay and have run into trouble while wiring it up. Actually, it SHOULD be straight forward...

The Greening
replies: 0 views: 1,181
The Greening 12th May 2008

hey im new here and i thought this would be the best place to come for answers from people who have good enough experience ok...

bobspartylounge
replies: 1 views: 600
Matt Hepworth 12th May 2008

I happen to like the audio technic at3035 on my voice. i think I like the low mid bump i get that i dont get from my other mics,...

Docmattic
replies: 1 views: 773
henryrobinett 12th May 2008

PRO-AUDIO electronic technician for console upgrades Does upgrades on consoles and vintage analog pro-audio preamps and...

consoleupgrades
replies: 0 views: 724
consoleupgrades 12th May 2008

I should probably know this by now, but i dont! Wonder if you guys usually record your guitar tracks in mono or stereo? metal...

Trinity
replies: 11 views: 9,209
Igotsoul4u 12th May 2008

I just got my sm7b and am freakin loving it compared to my crappy mxl condenser microphone it really beefs up my voice and seems...

akjl4
replies: 5 views: 795
akjl4 12th May 2008

Mine pulled loose from its plastic base. Who sells Shure replacement parts? Thanks

LarryClutch
replies: 0 views: 716
LarryClutch 12th May 2008

ok... I know there have been tons of posts about this.. but does anyone monitor/mix with headphones? If so, what ones? I've...

theGeek
replies: 7 views: 915
theGeek 12th May 2008

The other post has some pics of my garage studio and the MCI 538C, JH-24, AG-440C-4, MCI JH-110s and the now sold Studer...

dbbubba
replies: 0 views: 611
dbbubba 12th May 2008

I love shoot outs. They give me a chance to check things out that I normally would have no access to. I would assume that there...

drumzealot
replies: 20 views: 857
theblue1 12th May 2008

I'm wondering what are people's favorite headphones for vocalists while tracking? I currently use Sennheiser HD 280's. Are there...

bcgood
replies: 23 views: 11,451
dbbubba 12th May 2008

What tricks has everyone found for giving their mixes analog warmth/rawness/grit in a DAW setting? I'm thinking specifically...

estesbass
replies: 20 views: 1,419
nDmusic 12th May 2008

Digi is previewing their new AIR instrument named Transfuser. It's a groove / beat sequencer ... while I don't do this kind...

jmarkham
replies: 0 views: 1,307
jmarkham 12th May 2008

I'm about to track a female with a load of sibilance in her s's. My mics to pick from are the...

strewnshank
replies: 7 views: 1,219
strewnshank 12th May 2008

My quandry... I have a Vintech 72 that I'm not married to. I love it but I could move on and bring a new girl into the fold. ...

Pretty_Suite
replies: 7 views: 2,612
Rob King 12th May 2008

I'm trying to round out my small guitar amp collection for recording. I have an Epiphone Valve jr and boss metalzone and ds-1 and...

filthyrich
replies: 1 views: 985
filthyrich 12th May 2008

Hi all: Anyone know of a good tech who knows Hammonds in the New York City area? Thanks

locosoundman
replies: 2 views: 4,217
pramrod 12th May 2008

See the pic - my desk is in the corner of a room (the corners meet together right smack in the middle, behind the computer desk...

Unknown soldier
replies: 4 views: 884
Ethan Winer 11th May 2008

I have a firepod right now. I was thinking about getting the API A2D but I would still have the firepod's crappy D/A conversion...

heisleyamor
replies: 4 views: 754
Milliken 11th May 2008

Heys guys.... I dig the last ATREYU record. I haven't been able to find many people who agree with me though.... Anyway. I...

passenger
replies: 7 views: 1,340
Kadden Heart 11th May 2008

I finalized my collection today and now own amplitube 2, jimi hendrix, ampeg, and metal. with x-gear that gives me a...

thedommer
replies: 0 views: 1,002
thedommer 11th May 2008

Hey guys, I've been looking around the internet trying to find out more about HDCD's and i cant find much info. Anyone know...

keithrt99
replies: 7 views: 2,191
Dave Peck 11th May 2008

Are these a good idea for electronic dance music, anything with alot of low end, 808/sine type subs?

morebutter
replies: 3 views: 1,462
recall 11th May 2008

Hi all! I´m at the verge of buying an 24 track 2" analog tape recorder and i just need some reassurance that i´m doing the...

swempa
replies: 27 views: 1,346
not_so_new 11th May 2008

I just started out an experiment with asking non audio freaks which file they prefer. I will say nothing about the two files!!...

Mr.HOLMES
replies: 1 views: 794
Mr.HOLMES 11th May 2008

Slutz, Years ago I built a sub-kick mic out of an NS-10 speaker. I simply hung it from a small micstand. It really looks janky...

knerd
replies: 4 views: 727
Ben Brayer 11th May 2008

I just heard this combo last week at a pro studio. I thought I was listening to the westlake mains until I was told otherwise. I...

davey boy
replies: 3 views: 867
thefunkybeat 11th May 2008

Ok, so we're all told by the manufacturers not to touch a speakers woofer and especially its delicate tweeter in case we damage...

Arksun
replies: 0 views: 1,167
Arksun 11th May 2008

Hey all, This question is assuming that it is possible to connect a Lynx Aurora to the the Expansion Port of a Digi 96 i/o via...

Seamus TM
replies: 7 views: 794
Seamus TM 11th May 2008
replies: 3 views: 1,159
Steffmo 11th May 2008

Could someone identify the model of this Soundtracs desk please? http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w267/ihidemybodies/-1.jpg

A.Q.S
replies: 2 views: 890
A.Q.S 11th May 2008

I know PT LE isn't currently approved for Leopard OS--is Logic all set to be used with Leopard? I'd assume so, since they are...

phaedrus
replies: 7 views: 824
jaykay 11th May 2008

Looking for a compressor - preferrably 2 channel. Can't spend over $1K. Would like a little character. I would like it to be...

CassidyGT
replies: 5 views: 1,289
Dirty Halo 11th May 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search