The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi- silly question, have speaker cables that connect directly to the speakers without interconnects, never been cut, are about...

soulstudios
replies: 9 views: 914
Rick Sutton 24th May 2008

I just started my studio and under a time constraint. I need to buy a matched pair of SDC mics. I don't have much to spend at the...

erinrocks22
replies: 22 views: 1,349
warhead 24th May 2008

Okay, the frustration here is fu$#ing ridiculous. context: Ensemble as interface in PT LE / 002 setup. I can route the mixer...

trvlbe
replies: 3 views: 577
jbuehler 23rd May 2008

A friend of mine sent me this. I hope you guys find it as funny as I did. Druhms Dream On Pro - Music Destruction Software.

druhms
replies: 0 views: 663
druhms 23rd May 2008

Quick question on recording a Marshall JMP-1. The flow I planned with be: Jmp-1 --> Palmer PDI-03 Simulator --> Great...

smashbrand
replies: 7 views: 2,862
smashbrand 23rd May 2008

Hey guys, I am somewhat new to recording, I've been using Logic with a MOTU 8pre to get myself started. I've got the process...

mr breaker
replies: 0 views: 530
mr breaker 23rd May 2008

How are people wiring their converters to headphone amps? That is, assuming most converters are simply a series of balanced...

AjD
replies: 3 views: 1,477
Bloodz 23rd May 2008

Hi, Im buying my first $600.00 pre-amp and, I was thinking about the grace design m101...But I would like to here what you big...

gearaddict
replies: 12 views: 755
warhead 23rd May 2008

Any fellow singers come across any useful singing excercise and/or tutorial programs out there on t'internet?

juicylime
replies: 8 views: 901
Colorblind 23rd May 2008

Hello, Using Ensemble as Stand Alone interface to Digi 002R. Can't get any analog outs to gothrough the lightpipe/Optical/ADAT....

trvlbe
replies: 1 views: 813
surflounge 23rd May 2008

I have two UAD1 cards and have been really happy with them. I seriously want to add a Duende into the mix to get those flavors...

uptoolate
replies: 9 views: 815
manthe 23rd May 2008

I've did an extensive amount of research on the two units and I am still undecided. I sort of like the Digital Aliasing option...

youngmain
replies: 6 views: 2,973
youngmain 23rd May 2008

Any thoughts out there, just curious? And I am not talking about old,old, school stuff. Like fairly modern stuff. For example,...

swill777
replies: 31 views: 3,332
rockstar_josh 23rd May 2008

To commemorate the event of my boing 1000th Gearslutz postboing, I've decided to give it its own thread. I'd like to...

andychamp
replies: 3 views: 876
DeepSpace 23rd May 2008

Anyone have any info or links to studies about long-term exposure to low-level noise? Being AC season again, I can't seem to get...

dingo
replies: 0 views: 552
dingo 23rd May 2008

My relatively small studio is still in it's infancy stage (about a year open) and I'm facing a new (but welcome!) problem that I...

Joe Kay
replies: 7 views: 1,358
Joe Kay 23rd May 2008

Hello, I got this great big drum, which appears to be an old marching band bass drum. It looks as though the skins are made of...

piotr
replies: 8 views: 5,027
HeavyG 23rd May 2008

Is anyone using Duende and Duet on the same firewire bus in Leopard ? Cheers....

Dave12345
replies: 0 views: 487
Dave12345 23rd May 2008

I'm mastering with a Focusrite Mixmaster - 3 band optical compressor - sometimes with a punch mode in the LF slope 100hz ...

thedivineprocess
replies: 0 views: 611
thedivineprocess 23rd May 2008

guys, I am trying to setup a small recording facility at home and i am doing some experiments, i am singer(atleast pretend to...

abhibad
replies: 0 views: 594
abhibad 23rd May 2008

I'm producing these young girls and they are quite good at playing their instruments for 10 years old however the drummer...

Stevedresser83
replies: 3 views: 591
DeepSpace 23rd May 2008

I started advertising that I would be willing to accept gear in trade for my time (Not just studio but engineer and...

johnnyjellybean
replies: 3 views: 536
johnnyjellybean 23rd May 2008

just got a mackie big knob, switched it on and the left LED reading is on full, even with nothing connected to the inputs and...

Evil Hand
replies: 2 views: 625
Evil Hand 23rd May 2008

It's suppose to sound insane! YouTube - Liquid Sound

Nu-tra
replies: 8 views: 1,087
Renegade Prod 23rd May 2008

Im not sure I want to keep the duet, does anyone know if there is a similar audio interface for close to the price? only thing...

kincept
replies: 15 views: 1,290
macgee 23rd May 2008

hi, does anyone know what model of electrodyne pre this is? & whereabouts i can find schematics for it? Im hoping that it...

oldbrowndog
replies: 1 views: 658
oldbrowndog 23rd May 2008

what would be similar to the API 512C? in a preamp that is not a 500 series. and not 1-1000 bucks? is the RNP more colored...

kincept
replies: 0 views: 637
kincept 23rd May 2008

I don't have a 16 bit converter (A2D is only 24 bit). I apply dither when finalizing mixes in software.....Would it be better to...

Unknown soldier
replies: 3 views: 608
NathanEldred 23rd May 2008

I want to but a Lavry Black AD 10 for my 003/002(havent decided yet) and since the digi's have no aes input I need a convertor...

youngmain
replies: 6 views: 757
youngmain 23rd May 2008

Hi guys, A beginner type question... I have Nuendo 3 and will be tracking my own voiceovers. I'll be monitoring myself using...

mark007
replies: 6 views: 2,373
andygomez 23rd May 2008

so what is with nuendo being the DAW for pro audio dealers. i guess i am making this connection from Mercenary and a couple of...

Shane Michael Rose
replies: 4 views: 613
TonyBelmont 23rd May 2008

Hey guys---So i think im going to dump my Tlm103 and get into a new mic. I just can't decide which one. So I think im down to...

MREVOL
replies: 3 views: 1,198
TonyBelmont 23rd May 2008

I just bought an E-mu Emulator IV from someone on eBay for ~$120 USD. He said it was just sitting in his rack collecting...

pajhonka
replies: 1 views: 3,900
seanmccoy 23rd May 2008

This band is awesome, they're just about to come out with a new album, and holy cow... it's recorded in a house!!! YouTube -...

wesarvin
replies: 10 views: 3,986
wesarvin 23rd May 2008

I'm asking b/c I have the Musicians 2 Bundle & the Deesser from Waves, but don't have $200 (ridiculous) right now just to...

Fluency
replies: 12 views: 1,287
yumdrum 23rd May 2008

All else being equal (computer, disk, audio interface), what makes a DAW sound better than another? After all, seems to me that...

andychamp
replies: 14 views: 1,402
SyncSailor 23rd May 2008

Getting ready to take the plunge. I will need up to 12 pre amps. I record mostly rock music. Usually the loud and heavy...

skatingbasser
replies: 3 views: 593
MaJo1 23rd May 2008

Hey guys, I will be going to Electrical Audio Studio to sit in on a project with Steve Albini. What should I know? All I know is...

NandoOg7
replies: 80 views: 8,836
NandoOg7 23rd May 2008

. Ive just got some BOSE noise cancelling 3's and they must be great for drummers. They really do cut out the outside sound but...

soundseeker
replies: 1 views: 780
boxymoron 23rd May 2008

Howdy y'all. Looks like we're at the digital/analog crossroads again. Vintage is in. Sparkly is out. Unfortunately, many of...

Thebassist
replies: 35 views: 8,231
river 23rd May 2008

Just a heads-up for the folks using Apogee gear - software updates for Ensemble and Duet have just been released over on their...

stevelindsay
replies: 0 views: 583
stevelindsay 23rd May 2008

I'm looking for a new EQ for the KIK that has great "mojo" .....I already have, LIL Freq, API 550A, B & 560..... ...

Klauth
replies: 32 views: 3,524
dbbubba 23rd May 2008

I have been thinking of moving to a place where there is more work for engineers/producers. The cities that come to mind are...

hey_mavis
replies: 84 views: 4,923
lozion 23rd May 2008

Ive been looking around for a really good reverb and so far what ive found is that altiverb, plate 140 , and the vss3 reverb are...

DeeDubb
replies: 0 views: 580
DeeDubb 22nd May 2008

Why do we need these Re-amping boxes? Some of you know a lot more about this subject than I do, so I'm willing to learn...

Chick Cherry
replies: 8 views: 930
feyshay 22nd May 2008

Hi all, I've always had problems trying to place close-miced drums/hi-hat in the same panning position as they appear in the...

guy1
replies: 5 views: 820
bgrotto 22nd May 2008

Ok when i mix down in pro tools the session it plays fine i recorded in (48 -24 bit) and mixed down to (44.1 -16bit) but the...

dropkickent
replies: 1 views: 875
Matt Biermann 22nd May 2008

I'm trying to help a friend. her question: "I'm trying to resurrect these old megaphones that used to be mounted atop a...

otobianki74
replies: 0 views: 798
otobianki74 22nd May 2008

Even with UAD-1 1176 compression on a lot of the tracks and ssl duende stereo bus compressor it still sounds too spiky. I want...

Diegel
replies: 25 views: 2,948
Diegel 22nd May 2008

does it exist? basically looking for a new analog board that doesn't have dual paths (no mic pre's required), a few auxes, nice...

aside
replies: 11 views: 2,519
Benmrx 22nd May 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search