The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Do engineers now copy & paste guitar parts in the studio as opposed to having the player play song all the way...

mr. torture
replies: 3 views: 860
Doc Mixwell 28th May 2008

Are there any issues recording with a 100ft snake? I am setting up a home project studio and my control room will be a decent...

mr breaker
replies: 5 views: 812
opentune 28th May 2008

So I have a new Black Lion Audio - Sparrow ADC in the LA area and am wondering if anyone in the area has a nice selection of...

zkaudio
replies: 0 views: 779
zkaudio 28th May 2008

Does any one know, or can someone point me to specs that show the relative 'Q' (fixed?) settings for the original Pultec EQP-1A...

manthe
replies: 2 views: 1,151
manthe 28th May 2008

i am thinking of buying cransong hedd for its tape and pentode effects. i am not in need of buying good ad da converters as i...

amit monga
replies: 5 views: 681
robot gigante 28th May 2008

I wanted to get a stage condenser vocal mic and saw this go by on ebay. I got it very cheap. Firstly does anyone have experience...

Mikey77
replies: 12 views: 3,190
tINY 28th May 2008

A technical question, I want to add more A/D D/A channels to my existing setup. FF400 -> macbook pro -> digital performer....

zotty
replies: 9 views: 770
Doc Mixwell 28th May 2008

Hi All, Just picked up an interesting mic really cheap and I've no idea what brand it is. I was going to Google, but it's way...

Sandersonic
replies: 2 views: 1,167
Sandersonic 28th May 2008

The mLAN interface seemed like a major breakthrough, you can (in theory) run more than 1 audio interface on the PC/MAC at the...

Alex Specht
replies: 0 views: 548
Alex Specht 28th May 2008

I am having a hell of a time because of my inexperience with preamps so far my only experience is with a vtb-1 and it works but I...

akjl4
replies: 7 views: 1,272
akjl4 28th May 2008

Dell deceived customers, judge says From Karina Frayter NEW YORK (CNN) -- Dell Inc. deceived customers in a massive...

3rd&4thT
replies: 0 views: 539
3rd&4thT 28th May 2008

Anyone have luck recording the electric bass with the Radial Bassbone DI in lieu of an amp? How useful do you find the...

Tom C
replies: 1 views: 748
Matt Biermann 28th May 2008

hi guys, im a noob here and a noob to drumagog im having real trouble getting my drumagog to find my BFD samples any ideas...

david mcculloch
replies: 1 views: 652
Matt Biermann 28th May 2008

Just a quik question I could not find on the site/manual. The 2 compressors, the 1969 and the 2005, do they differ only in...

TOFT
replies: 0 views: 1,128
TOFT 28th May 2008

When i have my Duet connected to my Mac Pro and i turn up the volume for input 1 I hear 'clicks/plops' for each increase in...

triptolemos
replies: 3 views: 1,786
JEGG 28th May 2008

Is the LED meter on the Duet accurate? and is it measuring dBFS?

hduncan
replies: 7 views: 822
hduncan 28th May 2008

What are the benefits of having preamps that have external power supplies? Is there any benefit, or is it just another way of...

MaJo1
replies: 3 views: 6,689
Francis Vaughan 28th May 2008

Hi, I work at busy studio here in the northeast and am taking a few days off to take a trip down to Nashville. Any ideas...

tapeslut
replies: 3 views: 649
russrags 28th May 2008

Internet sees off instrument retailer Sound Control - Telegraph 14 stores shut immediately... the rest to stay open for 90...

Whitecat
replies: 36 views: 3,618
Jules 28th May 2008

everybody here talks about work, music production, gear and work. It's a disease?confoosed

nandi
replies: 10 views: 744
doorknocker 28th May 2008

Does anybody know if there is a company or individual still manufacturing these? Mine are getting very tired. I know that KRK...

ro onraet
replies: 0 views: 1,015
ro onraet 28th May 2008

Dear Slutz, I have running a mix at the time I have an accurate image in my mind that I like to hear BD and BS-GIT very...

Mr.HOLMES
replies: 2 views: 693
Mr.HOLMES 28th May 2008

Had ilok stolen thankfully it did not have a lot on it. All but one company tutt returned the Auths to my account. Too bad my...

T_R_S
replies: 5 views: 1,122
T_R_S 28th May 2008

"huh huh, huh huh, crap" Yes, it's not meant for recording, but I use it a lot for scratches and I actually like how...

soupking
replies: 2 views: 616
soupking 28th May 2008

I have a live room that is quiet, but not soundproof. It is right by a busy road and you can slightly hear cars pass by if you...

youngmain
replies: 2 views: 675
TonyBelmont 28th May 2008

How do you record live bands in your studio? I've only just become interested in working with bands who prefer to record...

china jam
replies: 3 views: 739
AudioFocus 28th May 2008

Doing mostly club tracks for over 10 years, I´ve always kept most things dead center, with some synths going i stereo. Drums,...

perx
replies: 8 views: 1,431
hduncan 28th May 2008

I'm sorry if this has been covered time and time again, but i can't seem to find it...basically, i need some great snare samples...

tomwehrle
replies: 8 views: 5,628
tomwehrle 28th May 2008

I'm looking for someone to come on board at my studio and bring their clients and make music. Awesome protools studio located on...

James Lugo
replies: 1 views: 3,449
James Lugo 28th May 2008

Gearslutz drinks & eats - AES Amsterdam 2008 17th - 20th May 2008 Stand by for news on where this will be.. But it will be...

Jules
replies: 60 views: 5,382
Richard Morris 28th May 2008

Hi guys. I need to find a vocal chain consisting of Mic and Pre to suite my voice. I am not really in a position to try heaps...

elfy
replies: 17 views: 683
[email protected] 28th May 2008

PLEASE don't say "LEAVE IT TO AN EXPERT" that is obvious.. I want to do it my self and please spare me the warnings I...

gurubuzz
replies: 14 views: 9,387
gurubuzz 28th May 2008

Mic Placement > EQ I hear this all the time. But, how do you know what tone you are going for, if you don't even have all...

hduncan
replies: 11 views: 1,710
guid0 28th May 2008

I'm in the market for a new audio interface, preferably firewire, maybe PCIe. I have had a Firepod but it went out on me the...

jbsg02
replies: 6 views: 867
jbsg02 28th May 2008

Gear list: HP Desktop - 4 gigs ram, 500 gb hard drive, 2.7 ghz intel duo core processor Firepod KRK RP-6...

heisleyamor
replies: 6 views: 717
CassidyGT 28th May 2008

Anyone have experience with these? Did I get a good deal? I usually see these babies go for $50-100

Pfraser
replies: 4 views: 3,106
dbbubba 28th May 2008

i have pt hd, and i want to use my new distressors in post to process a lot of tracks. The way my rig is set up, im running my...

knifetheglitter
replies: 2 views: 958
knifetheglitter 28th May 2008

I started my studio in 1998. Back then it was a Soundcraft TS-24 console and DA-98/38's (16 bit). I loved using the console for...

Kronos147
replies: 1 views: 1,404
Kadden Heart 28th May 2008

Hi GS, I've got over 2,000 posts here. I've asked a lot of questions and toyed with a certain amount of gear. Starting out I was...

soupking
replies: 13 views: 3,345
soupking 28th May 2008

Here's what I have, how would you use this gear to record a 5 piece kit? Drummer will be playing alone to the tracks. ...

Ringwraith
replies: 6 views: 900
BlueSprocket 27th May 2008

I got bored at work today and started reading about the Pearlman tm-2. I read that it has alot presents in the mids (among...

Docmattic
replies: 9 views: 1,529
Docmattic 27th May 2008

Hello everyone from New York, i'm a freelance engineer/musician from Germany (Johannes Gerstengarbe). My girlfriend will start an...

Gerstengarbe
replies: 0 views: 709
Gerstengarbe 27th May 2008

could you please help me to find BUS, MUTE, etc switches for my Mackie? i have only 1 totally working track left due to these...

beat.by.bit
replies: 0 views: 915
beat.by.bit 27th May 2008

Alright, so I can't go without an iPhone. I need a smartphone, I already know how to use it, the new one's getting ready to come...

superkev07
replies: 4 views: 1,213
John Willett 27th May 2008

So I have my monitors on my desk right now and plan to get some auralex but was wondering where i could find something to raise...

ehunter
replies: 2 views: 1,442
joeq 27th May 2008

After reading a couple harsh statements against importing gear from the US for overseas buyer, I was wondering what was the...

Valp
replies: 1 views: 1,106
magibatalla 27th May 2008

Anybody have an idea when the new Orange Vocoder 15th Anniversary edition will be available to the public? It will have UB...

Antagonist
replies: 6 views: 1,558
cl516 27th May 2008

To learn more about recording, mixing, and music production overall, are there any good books available? Whats anyone's opinions...

abhibad
replies: 4 views: 496
Mr.HOLMES 27th May 2008

I've been toying with the idea of trying to improve the front end of my DAW setup. Specifically, the Portico 5015 pre/comp combo....

SyncSailor
replies: 2 views: 844
tsvisser 27th May 2008

Quick question that i have been trying to figure out. I am looking to purchase a digi003 rack and was wondering that if in the...

nickrezni
replies: 4 views: 1,222
nickrezni 27th May 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search