The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Greetings~ What are some really great tools, gadgets, instruments, products that you love or find really cool, but no one...

boyinthebox
replies: 25 views: 4,629
astronmr20 2nd June 2008

At what point will you damage the ribbon in these mics, placing them close to the front head of a bass drum that has a resonant...

Jake Holland
replies: 0 views: 925
Jake Holland 2nd June 2008

What's the best way to find the best mic for my voice? Would it be wise to book an hour at a studio that has a quality mic...

robro
replies: 2 views: 662
Darth Preamp 2nd June 2008

1) Tape hiss 2) The slow rewind of a 2” machine 3) De-maging 4) Editing or cutting 2” 5) Running out of tracks 6) Biasing a...

johnnyjellybean
replies: 61 views: 3,251
vernier 2nd June 2008

I've got a Lucid AD9624, Motu 896HD and a Presonus Digimax that I need to sync up together, but the Motu only has 1 clock...

MiliteStudios
replies: 1 views: 661
MiliteStudios 2nd June 2008

I ve been trying to reach oliver, he does not seem to answer emails anymore. I need to rebuild one of my historic siemens v72 and...

jorstua
replies: 10 views: 1,309
Sid Chigger 2nd June 2008

I read somewhere that the J48 could be used to reamp a guitar or bass signal from my DAW. THe manual does not cover it nor...

DCMIX
replies: 3 views: 1,503
AmplitudeAudio 2nd June 2008

I'm going to be mixing a rock track tomorrow with live guitars all tracked and Bass and drums programmed up. I've just bought...

Beermaster
replies: 0 views: 962
Beermaster 2nd June 2008

How are these DI's? How do they compare to the Radial boxes in terms of sound quality?

morebutter
replies: 7 views: 2,888
TonyBelmont 2nd June 2008

I've started using Renaissance Axx on some guitar and bass tracks, and I've had some good results with it. What's the Slutz...

cbc459
replies: 4 views: 10,880
Retinal 2nd June 2008

I've used these before for vocals in a live setting, and I've found the presence lift to be useful, esp. on quiet female vocals....

Everyman
replies: 8 views: 648
Everyman 2nd June 2008

I'm curious to know if any of the ATB owners regret the purchase. If you regret it, I would love to know a little about why,...

uptoolate
replies: 34 views: 5,678
espen askelad 2nd June 2008

was thinking of getting a DSP card and was wondering if anyone could recommend one of these UAD powercore or the SSL Duendo

eddielee
replies: 4 views: 756
LNerell 2nd June 2008

I just bought 2 Reddi's for use with a bunch of synths, rhodes, etc. I got all the synths plugged into a sub mixer, then the L...

Rasmus Faber
replies: 1 views: 626
Snatchman 2nd June 2008

Anyone A/B these two sets of monitors yet? i am literally about to purchase the original the RP8's then i just noticed the Gen2's...

Renegade Prod
replies: 1 views: 1,342
krksys 2nd June 2008

I am looking for an 8 channel lightpipe converter that does A>D and D>A. I am not necessarily looking for mic pres, just...

sydilaxe
replies: 0 views: 1,239
sydilaxe 2nd June 2008

Hello there I know this is a matter of taste and probably often quite subtle, but here goes my question.. I need a new PREAMP,...

peder
replies: 3 views: 777
peder 2nd June 2008

If you should have to ditch one, which is the unfortunate one? Sorry for stupid question.. Of course I know they are both great...

josva
replies: 0 views: 1,027
josva 2nd June 2008

Im considering purchasing a cheap vintage compressor to add a little character to my recordings and am thinking that maybe an old...

dialectic
replies: 11 views: 10,006
dialectic 2nd June 2008

Does anyone know about other programs or audio asset managers similar to soundminer? Im doing research for a company that already...

Professorbadguy
replies: 2 views: 1,541
Professorbadguy 2nd June 2008

This thread is just for fun. My favorite studio is Studio G in Brooklyn. Truly brilliant people, excellent equipment, cozy...

Silver Sonya
replies: 20 views: 1,452
Benmrx 2nd June 2008

Hi, Can anyone tell me where I can rent a portable HD rig and good converters (Apogee or better)? I'm dumping 24 tracks from a...

mbradzick
replies: 15 views: 991
Jules 2nd June 2008

So, I'm getting ready for my first session where I'll be in charge of recording. I'm a student right not, and I've been to...

cbc459
replies: 13 views: 804
dobz 2nd June 2008

Ok so I was looking a t a VOCAL RIDING tip by Mark Tarsia here on GS and I am so confused on how he says to do things....Ok so he...

hectc7
replies: 0 views: 529
hectc7 2nd June 2008

I need to convert a bunch of AU files (with the extension .SND) to wav. I've never heard of these files and so far i can't find...

jval
replies: 4 views: 771
Jam 2nd June 2008

Hey guys how can i get more output from my midi keyboard via USB ? I am using it through Reason and ReWire. The keyboard also...

Renegade Prod
replies: 0 views: 536
Renegade Prod 2nd June 2008

"tonight" ... what's up with this word! I can't explain why but almost every lyrics has this word in it and there's...

luctellier
replies: 14 views: 1,082
luctellier 2nd June 2008

I'm looking for some recommendations as a starting point. Any help? The primary uses for such a compressor will most often be...

BobSchwenkler
replies: 7 views: 1,122
mikekiraly1 2nd June 2008

Ok, I'm going crazy and I can't find an answer. This is small, but very annoying. When you add tracks to a session, why are the...

Andy W.
replies: 17 views: 945
Andy W. 2nd June 2008

Hi Slutz. I'm finding that I'm never able to call on the right reverb at the moment and I was wondering if you slutz can point...

Krecording
replies: 4 views: 990
bgrotto 2nd June 2008

Thanks in advance and sorry for stupid question.. I've searched tremendous amount of threads about eventide dsp 4000 and still...

josva
replies: 3 views: 5,687
josva 2nd June 2008

Howdy, Having some problems syncing my 01x, motif and computer. Would've posted this on 01x ray but don't think anyone uses that...

thadisrad
replies: 1 views: 736
thadisrad 2nd June 2008

I just got done tracking to 2-inch and need to bounce to PT. What's the best way to do it? We can rent an HD rig with...

mbradzick
replies: 1 views: 642
Mike Brown 2nd June 2008

hi guys, im currently in korea now. I was wondering if any Gearslutz are in Korea? would like to hook up.. Anyone know any place...

Kip
replies: 2 views: 722
AnthonyRochester 2nd June 2008

I'm sitting on the fence on this one. I love the Quantec sound (never heard the Yardstick though) and have a chance to get a 2402...

Bluzzi
replies: 4 views: 931
Tibbon 2nd June 2008

What do people have to say about the Soundcraft 24x8 console. Would it be a good buy or is their something better in that price...

JVstyle Productions
replies: 16 views: 3,294
pan60 1st June 2008

Hi, I am a guitarist/songwriter and I was asked by a friend to help her finish making a record. We worked on 10 songs together...

kobuk
replies: 87 views: 5,649
Digitar 1st June 2008

So Ive been looking for a bigger more upfront sound, and I had a chance to talk with a writer at computer music magazine. he...

kincept
replies: 33 views: 3,003
peeder 1st June 2008

Hi! I mixed a song ..and next day i heard the Mix session in my Protools HD and the whole level of the mix was lower! I tried 2...

zak7
replies: 3 views: 725
beau 1st June 2008

I'm starting to use my sm7b for my snare now so I have an sm57 that I don't use. Should I buy another Sm57 and use it to get a...

heisleyamor
replies: 14 views: 8,519
Aurora T. 1st June 2008

I've just finished a long day tracking BVs to 9 songs and whilst they sound OK I want to fix them with Antares which I have just...

Beermaster
replies: 6 views: 677
russrags 1st June 2008

Well, it's time to upgrade some stuff in my studio, and this time it's the reverb's turn. I currently use Waves RenVerb, but have...

rems
replies: 1 views: 742
psycho_monkey 1st June 2008

Greetings. I recently purchased a new instrument on kind of a whim. It was to obtain a true 'toy' or 'music box' type piano...

boyinthebox
replies: 12 views: 1,668
boyinthebox 1st June 2008

Weezer :: Pork & Beans single available everywhere NOW Im hooked, Ive listened to this song about a dozen times now....

cdog
replies: 11 views: 1,224
cdog 1st June 2008

I am looking to come help out at your place. I would love to see how you guys are doing it. I will make coffee, tune drums,...

Infernal Device
replies: 1 views: 564
surflounge 1st June 2008

hey there, I am in the market for a large format analog console and I need the sage help of you slutz. I need at least 32...

skythemusic
replies: 0 views: 963
skythemusic 1st June 2008

I am finally thinking about getting into the UAD-1 cards. I am seeing a lot of the "older" Mackie cards with the...

tazman
replies: 7 views: 840
Mr.HOLMES 1st June 2008

I'm trying to figure out a few things. I have an MS1B, M-Audio MobilePre (I'll be the happiest man on earth the day I sell this...

Fluency
replies: 28 views: 8,810
EgyptionRing 1st June 2008

I posted this clip earlier in new products because George put together this clip to demo one of his lessons, but wanted you guys...

FFTT
replies: 0 views: 696
FFTT 1st June 2008

wondering what your guy's thought was guess the idea is a honky kinda sound

deckerluke
replies: 18 views: 1,311
msmith 1st June 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search