The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

What is the best XLR splitter out there that won't add colour or degrade your signal? I want this because I currently have a...

Pfraser
replies: 0 views: 1,182
Pfraser 12th June 2008

hey anyone help me out here? Got the PC2x now and am finding it's really quiet! I reset the entire thing, so everything is...

wakestyle
replies: 1 views: 589
DSD_Mastering 12th June 2008

So, in 10 years I've worked at different studios that all handled things like lunch and breaks differently. I'm curious what's...

telejustin
replies: 10 views: 1,223
strewnshank 12th June 2008

With the Lynx Aurora, does it have a feature to route a set of outputs as a send for monitors or the artist - or...

Pfraser
replies: 14 views: 3,820
Pfraser 12th June 2008

I'm kinda new in this concept, actually Dean Roddey introduced it to me a few days ago, and I've been doing a lot of research on...

migsoto
replies: 0 views: 585
migsoto 12th June 2008

Just trying to plan out my final compressor purchases over the next few months and here is what I am thinking I...

Paul Vnuk Jr.
replies: 9 views: 994
dhiltonlittle 12th June 2008

Hello. I am trying to find out if anyone has heard of "Winn Research" or it could be spelled "Win Research"...

Third Eye
replies: 0 views: 523
Third Eye 12th June 2008

I am considering buying a Boss FDR-1 effects pedal which uses COSM technology to emulate the legendary tone of the 1965 Fender...

dialectic
replies: 3 views: 1,172
dialectic 12th June 2008

Which one of these Pre Amps if you absolutely had to?: Being used for, Ribbon Mics, Dynamics, and possibly condensers. heavy...

Renegade Prod
replies: 4 views: 769
fuzzyguitars 12th June 2008

i'm trying to learn about recording at proper levels, off of the "loud as you can without clipping" which i've learned...

driches
replies: 5 views: 6,159
peat 12th June 2008

I use a couple of Studio Projects C4's as drum OH's for practice with my band. I'm always very careful to take the cardioid caps...

chrisp2u
replies: 7 views: 709
RichS 12th June 2008

hi I`m going to solder my first xlr patch panel. Neutrik connectors I noticed that in addition to the three pins they have...

musicmixer04
replies: 9 views: 9,670
telejustin 11th June 2008

Please help, I know that this is a very very simple thing but it is annoying the hell out of me. I am using Nuendo 3 for the...

StudioKing
replies: 5 views: 711
nkn 11th June 2008

where do I start once I have decided on an available URL?

hduncan
replies: 56 views: 3,206
theblue1 11th June 2008

Hi Folks, What's the definitive word on how a hot summer affects recording gear? Is already-hot tube gear like my beloved LA-610...

jambirn
replies: 2 views: 634
jambirn 11th June 2008

This thread is for things you can do in Reason 4 that aren't as obvious as "I love the synths in Reason 4" so here we...

dylansmale
replies: 0 views: 502
dylansmale 11th June 2008

I have spent hundreds of hours on Gearslutz in search of learning the craft to make my current album the best it can be. I have...

Trancetones
replies: 4 views: 868
DontLetMeDrown 11th June 2008

What are some different ways to double a track without getting the big-mono effect? I know the obvious one is just to record it...

hduncan
replies: 16 views: 2,057
Mertmo 11th June 2008

Hi Folks, I'm a Digi 002 user who's been enjoying a Rosetta 200. Great purchase. Please tell me whether I also need a Big Ben! ...

jambirn
replies: 3 views: 616
jambirn 11th June 2008

Hey guys..... I am so happy I just got my LYNX aurora 16...... OKay so I just followed all the steps in the manual, but inside...

gearmaniac
replies: 2 views: 584
gearmaniac 11th June 2008

Can anyone give us some useful info regarding the Biz and Pants and how they compare to each other? I've searched the forums...

The Bucket
replies: 5 views: 960
Doc Mixwell 11th June 2008

I'm looking for 4 channels of compression (preferably between $100-$200 per channel) to be used in a live setting. The channels...

midget89
replies: 12 views: 1,726
dbbubba 11th June 2008

Just looking into getting some great eq for essential tracks like overheads, BD, SD, Bass, Vocals. I am thinking I should get an...

Diegel
replies: 0 views: 976
Diegel 11th June 2008

Can anyone tell me where it comes from...you know, a C with a line through it that one uses to mark the lead vox? I've been doing...

unclejoe
replies: 2 views: 509
unclejoe 11th June 2008

The Background: I just got a racked pair of Siemens V78s off ebay. They were racked by Marquette Audio Labs. The workkmanship...

majortom
replies: 0 views: 599
majortom 11th June 2008

hi I was wondering if anyone here uses royer ribbon mics (passive models) with a preamp without a high impedance option. Does...

matt thomas
replies: 0 views: 635
matt thomas 11th June 2008

Can anyone tell me how to do BASIC HARMONIZATION? For example, an artist asked me to pitch him down an octave. I tried to...

Lazer Toms
replies: 4 views: 2,096
leaper 11th June 2008

So im not sure if this is the right forum for this or not.......?!?? If so, please help it find its place mods. Here's my...

gemini8026
replies: 1 views: 735
ninjaneer 11th June 2008

Just bought a Neve 1073 DPA, and a few weeks ago, 2 Reddi for synths and softsynths (and everything lined). Now I'm thinking...

Rasmus Faber
replies: 4 views: 1,001
Studioklocka 11th June 2008

Hi, I don't know if this is the appropriate forum, but there's not really a "For Hire/Looking To Hire" forum on GS, so...

soupking
replies: 11 views: 1,097
soupking 11th June 2008

Have an AT4033a. and was thinking about getting a nicer LDC with multiple patters. $500-700 range (new or used) I was looking at...

Baderup99
replies: 4 views: 709
thermos 11th June 2008

Hey Slutz. Recently purchased a Rosetta 800 and now, when pushing DA into my Adam A7's (& sub8) I begin to get quite brutal...

Parabola
replies: 1 views: 590
Parabola 11th June 2008

Ive had my pair of adam A7's for about a month now and am happy with them. The only negative I have is bass gets lost in the mix...

Addact4G
replies: 2 views: 746
Addact4G 11th June 2008

Can anyone suggest some good cheap converters which will connect via ADAT. I'm looking for 8 extra channels of DA to add to my...

woodfoot
replies: 1 views: 698
Dean7 11th June 2008

Does anyone know what kind of bass / bass amp was used on Paul McCartney's Silly Love Songs? Also, does anyone know how I could...

skiltrip
replies: 28 views: 5,678
GYMusic 11th June 2008

I just got a Blue Bluebird today (very nice sounding mic for the price!) and have been playing around with it and my OktavaMod...

danbronson
replies: 3 views: 889
rackdude 11th June 2008

IS there any way to reduce latency in a 003 in protools besides lowering the buffe H/W buffer Size in the playback engine?? I...

hectc7
replies: 4 views: 582
Doc Mixwell 11th June 2008

Just wondering whether 60 watts per channel is enough to keep my NS10s sounding sweet... I don't really know what 60 watts per...

utters
replies: 3 views: 1,691
travisbrown 11th June 2008

I'm looking for a nice rounded corner plastic rack case to consolidate some of my gear. I grunt my own gear and the smooth...

mister sunshine
replies: 5 views: 1,289
mister sunshine 11th June 2008

Looking for insight/recommendations.. I'm buying some quality mic cables for my project studio. They will used to record a wide...

coyotekells
replies: 7 views: 20,729
Pr.tiouz 11th June 2008

I'm an American from the States currently visiting Auckland and I wanted to see if any locals wanted to meet up and talk shop. I...

Reproman
replies: 4 views: 286
Reproman 11th June 2008

I recently received a friend request on MySpace from something called Band Boot Camp run by Loren Isreal. Can anyone vouch for...

astorian
replies: 4 views: 2,102
KLP 11th June 2008

Hello Everyone! I recently picked up a Peavey AMR 2400 36x24 LED W/O. It is missing the power supply. I called Peavey and they...

Edwin
replies: 3 views: 1,885
79_Limited 11th June 2008

Well because the forums were to be down for a couple of days, I did some maintenance of my own. I took this time to install a new...

djwayne
replies: 15 views: 914
djwayne 11th June 2008

I am just curious if I can use any plug-ins on my computer to mess around on my amp. Like use the output on my firepod and go...

heisleyamor
replies: 6 views: 657
Old Goat 11th June 2008

Right now I have KRK RP6s. I want to upgrade to some nice monitors that are around 1000 new and a lot lower used. I'm more...

heisleyamor
replies: 7 views: 655
gurubuzz 11th June 2008

Hi guys ok i just bought some new gadgets and i have it all working but it kind of feels a bit arse about face.Sounds cool...

reggie perrin
replies: 0 views: 631
reggie perrin 11th June 2008

Someone brought up "Silly Love Songs" in another thread on this forum and it reminded me of something I have thought...

Silver Sonya
replies: 3 views: 3,344
bexarametric 11th June 2008

Hi everyone my name is Walter and I've been a long time reader but I recently decided to join the forum since I could not find...

Walterallica
replies: 0 views: 1,130
Walterallica 11th June 2008

Every time a band has recorded with me and then taken the multitrack sessions either home or to someone else to mix, I've always...

AnthonyRochester
replies: 21 views: 1,646
cjogo 11th June 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search