The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,417
Views: 2,417
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

will there be any benefit to the mix if the mix is passed from daw back to daw through good preamps (tube or solid state) and...

amit monga
replies: 7 views: 900
theblotted 15th July 2008

Holy Crap, I could really have fun beating my drummer's high-hats with a sledge hammer for an hour! How in the heck do you...

AnalogBrain
replies: 31 views: 2,985
dudekai 15th July 2008

I'm trouble shooting a PTLE system tomorrow, and assume all I'll have to do is flash the pram, based on the symptoms he's giving...

Thebassist
replies: 2 views: 636
Thebassist 15th July 2008

How do you guys feel about the dark, muddy over warm sound that has crept ontosome records as of late? Are some people over doing...

The dman
replies: 2 views: 822
steelyfan 15th July 2008

If so, what's your opinion? And who would you use over there for hiphop/soul? Thanks. Josh

JGILL
replies: 2 views: 629
henryrobinett 15th July 2008

I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770s that I use for tracking and getting a second listen on mixes, and I have to say... I think...

popvulture
replies: 15 views: 2,133
Halfmoon 15th July 2008

I'm getting ready to make my first outboard EQ purchase. Looking for a bit of insight into what some of the various models offer....

pootkao
replies: 20 views: 1,710
muziqfreek 15th July 2008

hey guys, looking for an OG red3 schematic. have one w. trannies that needs some work & a schematic would def....

alschnier
replies: 3 views: 1,780
audioboy6 15th July 2008

Lets say I have a keyboard that has unbalanced outputs. Should I use two DIs to connect it to a mixer for recording? The input...

bchamorro
replies: 1 views: 2,378
steelyfan 15th July 2008

anybody tried putting an i5 on the inside of a kick drum? is the extended low end response on the mic a good thing for this...

lrieves
replies: 5 views: 3,029
steelyfan 15th July 2008

First of all, I'm in my early 20s and recording is a hobby to me. I've always been aware of the loudness wars, ever since I...

danbronson
replies: 7 views: 912
danbronson 15th July 2008

Hi - this may be a weird discussion, but I am curious. For those who have lived both in the US and Europe (mostly Germany), how...

tazman
replies: 0 views: 1,187
tazman 15th July 2008

Just found this interview from 1999. I'm really getting into his production recently. A great read for all the producers out...

goldenlotus
replies: 9 views: 1,862
ITJ 15th July 2008

Were do I find a Digidesign SampleCell II+ PCI for Mac? Besides Ebay and the Digi DUC forum. I'm having a hard time finding...

ProTools4
replies: 8 views: 1,443
Michael Maeurer 15th July 2008

I need a midi keyboard and I was wondering if it is worth having an 88 key midi keyboard on top of the desk. I will be...

bchamorro
replies: 13 views: 3,484
Protools Guy 15th July 2008

Today I wanted to record some vocals so I: - turned on the mic (for about half an hour before singing) - started to record and...

zeljkom
replies: 16 views: 1,435
zeljkom 15th July 2008

What would be your favorite setup for a Metal Drum kit with a maximum of 8 inputs. Feel Free to use less!

hduncan
replies: 30 views: 2,502
fooman 15th July 2008

Hi, I have basically spend hours doing the mix for this song. What I hear from my Studio monitor MSP5 (YAMAHA) is ok .about 80%...

quange
replies: 3 views: 948
zeljkom 15th July 2008

hey.. so I'm kind of REALLY worried. I've been working this horrible gig that has me tracking for 17 hours a day with very...

Graham Tobias
replies: 12 views: 859
Jack Ruston 15th July 2008

hi fellas, has anybody used or heard the analog dither cd from dave hill???

kingsize 13
replies: 3 views: 812
Jack Ruston 15th July 2008

Looking for a pair of eqs in front of my LA3As for guitar duty... going for a very modern, punchy, defined sound- think Neal...

ryangeller
replies: 16 views: 3,896
dlmorley 15th July 2008

Hey there! i have a little question: i've already done some research into headphones for mixing purposes and have finally...

nick-the-sax
replies: 9 views: 1,535
vaka 15th July 2008

Quick question. You have a band you want to track for a demo. They cannot play to a click at all. Would you just create a new...

smashbrand
replies: 4 views: 630
smashbrand 15th July 2008

I dont know which to buy!!!!!!!! i only need 2 class a pres via a high quality firewire converter as i only have a macbook pro....

R08
replies: 0 views: 1,441
R08 15th July 2008

I have been watching the charles dye milar and he talks about having 4 tracks just for kick drum and one is a...

hectc7
replies: 2 views: 785
hectc7 15th July 2008

SoundReplacer is the primary tool I use for triggering drums... I've been using it for years with excellent results... Just...

Rain City Audio
replies: 0 views: 529
Rain City Audio 15th July 2008

I am using a soundcraft series two 32x8 desk in my studio as my main board. I'm mixing OTB, using Cubase as a tape machine...

king of sweden
replies: 6 views: 736
king of sweden 15th July 2008

Soooo, I'm going to be upgrading some of my equipment soon, I'm getting my hands on a M-Audio Sputnik Tube Mic this week (I've...

Rooster21
replies: 4 views: 1,903
Rooster21 15th July 2008

how do you guys do it best? what about a honky sound too? what about trying to get a useable piano sound say replacing a spot...

deckerluke
replies: 13 views: 1,458
1954U1 15th July 2008

YouTube - Physical - Nine Inch Nails The low thick palm muted powerchords that come in at about 23 seconds. I have always liked...

smashbrand
replies: 4 views: 1,657
Shiny Turd 15th July 2008

I understand how to slice audio in Cubase, for one track. But what if I have recorded something with multiple tracks and want...

Sword in Hand
replies: 8 views: 963
BlueSprocket 15th July 2008

I just got a good deal on both these units ($100 for the RNC, $200 for the dbx) and was hoping they will cover all my compression...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 11 views: 1,500
AnthonyRochester 15th July 2008

What a great track..the banjo is killer and the Marc Ribot guitar...sublime.

vodka gimli
replies: 0 views: 547
vodka gimli 15th July 2008

Hi, I'm trying to figure out what brand and models are the 2 following mics. I think they were used by Menoc to record...

Pringles
replies: 3 views: 837
Noize919 15th July 2008

this might be kind of a shot in the dark, but here goes: i'm planning on relocating to southern california within the next...

criticaldistance
replies: 1 views: 1,268
criticaldistance 15th July 2008

I had the privilege of assisting a pretty big pop mixer who was mixing a pop artist. I was amazed to find out the vocal mic used...

BigJunk
replies: 3 views: 1,050
absrec 15th July 2008

** UPDATED attachment 07/13/2008 ** Good evening slutz! I've been working on a production that's supposed to sound like early...

rockrev
replies: 19 views: 2,545
rockrev 15th July 2008

Hi everybody. I have been a member of this forum for maybe a year and learned LOTS here, and besides learning much, it was...

Heiko
replies: 14 views: 1,015
yumdrum 15th July 2008

I've got some various cabs/speakers and also a fender hot rod deluxe and an epiphone valve jr head to push the sound. What pedals...

filthyrich
replies: 9 views: 1,126
velvetgeorge 15th July 2008

Hi, After installing the Minimoog V today (from ARturia), and using the syncrosoft key supplied in the box - I've got some...

merveilleux
replies: 4 views: 712
Carlos Boll 15th July 2008

soo I know someone that will hook me up with an MPC1000 for $250 if I fix his computer. I was thinkin of getting an MPD32 but...

PriceWrite
replies: 2 views: 1,763
PriceWrite 15th July 2008
replies: 0 views: 858
bchamorro 15th July 2008

What should i choose ? american or germen ? what do you recommend ? also any diffarance between the TAMURA or CINEMAG...

Daystar
replies: 11 views: 1,980
Daystar 14th July 2008

Specifically on Drums- Anyone not like to close mic anything and just use OHs/Rooms for even hard rock songs?

hduncan
replies: 10 views: 930
Dean Roddey 14th July 2008

Hi all, I was really impressed by the headphones available for the quick sessions on AES 2008, Amsterdam NL. Most of the stands...

trompetfreak
replies: 2 views: 676
trompetfreak 14th July 2008

Hi There! I've read in many places how the NS10m's are the best monitors for mixing (not tracking). On the other hand, I look at...

nagualito
replies: 5 views: 812
thewolfman 14th July 2008

If so, please PM me. I have a favor to ask. Thanks. peachh

Deleted bd1be4f
replies: 0 views: 1,176
Deleted bd1be4f 14th July 2008

Hello, I am currently running pro tools LE through a Digi003 into my macbook pro. I successfully recorded an EP with this system...

analogboy
replies: 3 views: 813
analogboy 14th July 2008

Folks, Whats the role of capsule and a tube in a tube microphone? Which one is more important for imparting sonic quality?

abhibad
replies: 4 views: 619
Karloff70 14th July 2008

Voltage is not very stable at my place so I've been thinking about getting a voltage regulator. Will plugging in a power...

bchamorro
replies: 0 views: 1,697
bchamorro 14th July 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search