The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,131
Views: 2,131
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

what's up with that? mezed grimm <param name="movie"...

goatie
replies: 43 views: 4,518
AnonJack 23rd July 2008

Hello, I'd like to do a tips and techniques thread about Delay, and would like to collect lots of... well tips and techniques...

Jackie Moon
replies: 38 views: 4,244
kyle barton 23rd July 2008

For my graphic work I often have a look at istockphoto and often find there interesting material. I wonder if there is some...

NoVi
replies: 8 views: 1,383
Saudade 23rd July 2008

So I run an project studio. Were small but stay busy doing alot of demo work, etc. Im young and a student but take my business...

DGrimmett
replies: 5 views: 693
uncle duncan 23rd July 2008

Hi slutz, I've been recording freelance in Ireland for about 8 years now and I'm getting a good rep here. I was wondering what...

Krecording
replies: 12 views: 1,553
kafka 23rd July 2008

Anyone uses this box SM Pro Audio - PM8 How good is it? Any experience? Thinking about getting it. Could someone help with...

UnMix Studio
replies: 2 views: 968
mamm7215 23rd July 2008

I am trying to figure out if I want to truly invest myself into a career involving sound engineering. I have an interest in...

hduncan
replies: 48 views: 2,878
paultools 23rd July 2008

Not sure if this is the right place for this... but here goes. Been given a .ptf session with associated folders that I need the...

ari_keys
replies: 8 views: 926
paultools 23rd July 2008

I just picked one up used and Avalon no longer has their manuals available on their site. Anybody happen to have a .PDF of it?

Sunshy
replies: 1 views: 5,829
Sunshy 22nd July 2008

Just wondering what it is. I've looked through the manual and it doesn't say. It sounds somewhat high, maybe 120hz? Does...

Sword in Hand
replies: 10 views: 1,191
A440 22nd July 2008

I’m putting together my resume disc. Should I ask permission to use the recordings I made in school? In school, I recorded a...

Hxd Ped
replies: 2 views: 1,147
rockstar_josh 22nd July 2008

Reading user feedback on multiband compressors throughout gearslutz the powercore MD3 seems to be highly praised. It has some...

Serra
replies: 1 views: 1,104
Serra 22nd July 2008

Is this possible? I only have 8 channels of I/O into my computer. I was thinking that I might be able to close mic the toms and...

hduncan
replies: 21 views: 2,560
Rigg 22nd July 2008

hello ppl, i would like to know whats the best dbFS (-20, -18, -16, -14, -12 or -10) for the 0dbVU, to track vocals or...

Gabriel Sousa
replies: 21 views: 4,670
Meriphew 22nd July 2008

what is the best mic for punk vocals? AKG TUBE, AKG C3000, AKG 414? hooppie

Showgan
replies: 1 views: 687
strewnshank 22nd July 2008

,,any neotek users please tell me some pro's and con's of these boards -elite,elan desktop and Elan II,,on a budget somewhat but...

moonman
replies: 1 views: 1,336
tommy lee 22nd July 2008

I am recording a Punk Track and I was just trying to figure out what would be the best mic's for OH's on drums and also near and...

Showgan
replies: 3 views: 583
Mike Brown 22nd July 2008

DI Clip Left and Right We start tomorrow and are doing a ten song project and desperately need to figure out if I have the DI's...

shadyru
replies: 1 views: 944
Snatchman 22nd July 2008

I've got a phone call from a user (or wanting-to-be-user) asking a question, but the reception was terrible. It sounds like he...

chrisj
replies: 0 views: 613
chrisj 22nd July 2008

I have a beta 52 and when i stick it rite up to there the beater hits the kick i still dont get a very clicky sound. With a AKG...

Deleted User
replies: 15 views: 1,272
jakes 22nd July 2008

I have been playing guitar for 17 years and am finally ready to start recording my own work. I have something of an old school...

gregsuarez
replies: 14 views: 3,008
Jonboy79 22nd July 2008

I've posted this question on other forums and have gotten no response. Perhaps I'm to noobie to get a real educational answer...

damionhill
replies: 8 views: 1,760
noah330 22nd July 2008

I have an external hard drive where I usually store all my samples. Is there any way to move the default Altiverb IR folder onto...

protoculture
replies: 1 views: 10,410
protoculture 22nd July 2008

What does the main LR mix buss get used for in a live monitoring situation on a desk like a midas siena. Obviously the engineers...

saggsy
replies: 5 views: 1,495
plexisys 22nd July 2008

Hey i wanna know if u know about any diference in API , BRENT AVERILL , OR PUSPLE AUDIO? Is one better then other in quality...

mattsplace
replies: 0 views: 688
mattsplace 22nd July 2008

Hi my fellow slutz! I've been in the music business in Iceland for 20 years now as a player, writer and producer. Now I want to...

sedohr
replies: 0 views: 781
sedohr 22nd July 2008

What reamp devices do people like? Reamp, Radial, etc... I'm looking at the Reamp box. Any suggestions?

Andy W.
replies: 10 views: 1,290
Brontosauce 22nd July 2008

I'm trying to go for a more ambient drum sound with a lil depth in the mix but my toms aren't cutting through the mix enough no...

heisleyamor
replies: 14 views: 3,616
Outlaw Hans 22nd July 2008

hey,,id need this in two applications and maybe a 3rd,,1st as a front of kit mic in a 2-4 mic set up - recorder man w/ snare and...

moonman
replies: 3 views: 1,096
Royer121 22nd July 2008

Hey Guys... Been reading here for awhile and finally had to jump on to (hopefully) get my question answered (and maybe answer a...

merrybmb
replies: 2 views: 836
merrybmb 22nd July 2008

Just got my VMP-4000e today. We got a great deal on a used unit. I wanted to buy a nice, shiny, new one, but our budget is...

Lunatic
replies: 1 views: 991
dobz 22nd July 2008

So I am on Best Buy's website and am looking to pull the trigger on some Pink Floyd albums. They have remastered version of a lot...

bexarametric
replies: 4 views: 1,392
Unknown soldier 22nd July 2008

I am starting from scratch and i do not know where to start, if you guys could shed some light on what mic, or anything else i...

thatguyfromFL
replies: 10 views: 12,145
astronmr20 22nd July 2008

I have a MacPro with Logic 8 Pro, but I am new to Logic and am waiting on a monitor to ship, so I haven't had a chance to fire it...

phaedrus
replies: 1 views: 646
astronmr20 22nd July 2008
replies: 23 views: 6,680
3rd&4thT 22nd July 2008

I remember a few years ago reading a thread here about how "back in the day" instruments/vocals were recorded at...

Ringwraith
replies: 1 views: 472
adamcal 22nd July 2008

I had a GIGA 4 being stopped by Tascam thread and poof it was gone. Didn't post anything weird or anything. Wonder why it got...

composer
replies: 0 views: 545
composer 22nd July 2008

Alright friends, I think it's time to give a little credit where credit is due. I thought that maybe we'd like to thank some of...

Digitar
replies: 46 views: 3,589
Beyersound 22nd July 2008

Okay, I'm relatively new to the recording process, so I pretty much stay away from EQ and try to revert to positioning or mic...

soupking
replies: 17 views: 1,507
soupking 22nd July 2008

This is my gear to-buy list: Focal Twin 6 Be monitors Portico 5042 tape-saturation Studio Foam 1 more Reddi tube DI Please...

Studioklocka
replies: 51 views: 3,460
elmolemon 22nd July 2008

ok my question is: i understend the need in routing your effects if you place your track (lets say a snare) to the left or to the...

meymia
replies: 4 views: 534
Jason Poulin 21st July 2008

Hi, I got an Altec 1567A mixer and hooked up a line level signal (like a CD player) to input 1 octal socket pin 7 hot and 8...

pdsepple
replies: 1 views: 1,282
myoshida 21st July 2008

Hi, Anybody compared the Sonnox Supresser versus hardware units? Thanks peachh

dick swifter
replies: 0 views: 693
dick swifter 21st July 2008

just wondering if anyone had any ideas of a windows media player add-on that not only shows the frequency spectrum response (like...

Disjointed
replies: 0 views: 501
Disjointed 21st July 2008

A) Is it cool to just have one room mic, instead of 2? Am I going to notice a definite lack of spatiality? B) What is a great LDC...

hduncan
replies: 17 views: 1,663
Colorblind 21st July 2008

Both a fiend (PT 7.3) and myself (PT 7.4) downloaded the 10 day demo to check out. Neither of us can get it to work. The plug...

Kenny M
replies: 2 views: 613
Kenny M 21st July 2008

Hey guys. Just wondering if you would be able to import my session tracked in pro tools 6.4 into a newer version of PT 7.4 for...

Inca
replies: 3 views: 1,260
jmarkham 21st July 2008

okay, bit depth, got it, understand it no problems. what about bit rate as it applies to proaudio? 1411kbps is cd quality? ...

DNR
replies: 6 views: 3,903
DNR 21st July 2008

wtf, am I doing something wrong? does limiting not work in Ozone? In the dynamics section I'm I'm setting the threshold to 0,...

protoculture
replies: 4 views: 1,814
protoculture 21st July 2008

Apologies in advance for the somewhat 'newb' question. I've been doing pretty basic mixes on my DAW and just doing simple exports...

choinga
replies: 12 views: 1,719
recall 21st July 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search