The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

So I think you guys have convinced me to ditch LE and get the Profire 2626, running PT M-powered. I have an Mbox with LE right...

skatingbasser
replies: 1 views: 677
barryjohns 20th July 2008

I just finished a session where I got to use my brand new Purple Audio MC77 on electric guitar and bass. The unit sounds...

The Gooch
replies: 14 views: 5,342
bcgood 20th July 2008

Any recommendations? Need a small HQ studio for vocal and blues harp recording in the Columbia, South Carolina area. Send me a PM...

bionicears
replies: 5 views: 972
warhead 20th July 2008

I have a new HP Pavilion Computer with 4 gigs of RAM, 2.6 intel 2 duo core processor, 500 gigs of hard drive, etc etc... I use...

heisleyamor
replies: 7 views: 1,562
heisleyamor 20th July 2008

I want to get a new interface with more than the 8 inputs I have now. I find that I have never used any of the preamps in my...

rodreb
replies: 5 views: 855
adpz 20th July 2008

I have read about CAD Megamix and Mackie Ultramix. From what I understand you plug your boards channel inserts into a VCA device...

craschowder
replies: 3 views: 3,701
Sigma 20th July 2008

We are running ProTools TDM 6.4 and are having problems with our sessions suddenly increasing in volume and clipping out the...

Tayloe
replies: 5 views: 788
Tayloe 20th July 2008

On a lot of parallel compression threads here, their is always a few guys who say they can get the same effect without it. But I...

ryst
replies: 13 views: 1,911
audioboy6 20th July 2008

Someone compared them to Proac Studio 100 and they look like a good alternative - especially considering that the woofers seem to...

jacko
replies: 3 views: 2,724
audioboy6 20th July 2008

Hello, if you have the time to take a listen to the following and give me some tips on how to make the mix not suck, it would be...

Awake&Rehearse
replies: 0 views: 466
Awake&Rehearse 20th July 2008

So how many of you guys have gotten this after everything is tracked and you are now in the mixing stages? Recently I have sped...

Noize919
replies: 37 views: 3,050
Lawrence 20th July 2008

Hello guys Don’t know where to post this message and maybe been asked but here goes, It’s been one month working...

chorusflanger
replies: 9 views: 1,133
drBill 20th July 2008
replies: 63 views: 3,241
JP11 19th July 2008

I made a UK members group in the social/networking section, go join up!

Savernake
replies: 3 views: 682
acousticmaniac 19th July 2008

Hello GS, I was sitting here reading this book on audio engineering called The Ultimate Live Sound Operator's Handbook by Hal...

Marshall Oliver
replies: 26 views: 1,789
Marshall Oliver 19th July 2008

Got a drum session coming up-guy who wrote a great song is dead and his mate wants to re-track with drums instead of plastic-need...

asagaai
replies: 15 views: 4,934
deuc647 19th July 2008

Okay, I've had it with my web hosting company (globat.com). I've been having issues with speed and they keep giving me the...

chris carter
replies: 3 views: 718
theblue1 19th July 2008

What do you guys do to a slap bass track? Compressor wise, do you try to kill some of the peaks with a limiter type setting,...

Joemamma
replies: 10 views: 5,679
espen askelad 19th July 2008

Im just wondering if any one ever uses mics like these like for cool effects? Buy Astatic by CAD 611L Omni Dynamic Handheld...

Deleted User
replies: 3 views: 666
Chrisc_o 19th July 2008

Hey guys, I hope there is someone out there that can help me with this: About six months ago i noticed that when i play two...

lrieves
replies: 16 views: 3,157
atiller 19th July 2008

Hey everybody, I'm new to gearslutz, and I think this site is great. I've already found some very helpful information the few...

CumulusAudio
replies: 46 views: 4,963
Musiclab 19th July 2008

i thought i would toss my hat in the ring too :) forgive me if i'm being too forward, but... dear studio owners: i just...

criticaldistance
replies: 5 views: 1,366
criticaldistance 19th July 2008

hi guys, well i need help to tell me what headphone do you recommend ? what shall be the choice for mixing ? Please help

zaknbou
replies: 6 views: 827
warhead 19th July 2008

I'm going to be getting some money in the near future ($4,000) and I'm wondering what you guys think I should do? Get some mics...

Ramchandra
replies: 12 views: 1,171
Ramchandra 19th July 2008

Hi Everyone, Im looking to put together a budget and get some new high-end converters. My setup is a very powerful custom PC...

adoucette
replies: 12 views: 987
davey boy 19th July 2008

Any benefits to having 10,000 rpm drive as your audio/project harddrive in your computer? or better yet a 15,000 rpm?

Pfraser
replies: 6 views: 1,662
narcoman 19th July 2008

I'm using a pair of Yamaha HS50M and I was playing around with Room EQ Wizard trying to find some standing waves which I...

shadewind
replies: 21 views: 15,396
Audiop 19th July 2008

I've tried out a few distortion/overdrive pedals before, but I can never get that smooth heavy rock sound. My sound right now...

polyshock
replies: 12 views: 2,375
u b k 19th July 2008

so iv been accumulating some gear over the past few years, and i think its time to invest in some plug ins. currently i only have...

tfenton
replies: 9 views: 921
tfenton 19th July 2008

I decided to do a little shootout of my available home rig drum buss compressors. I wanted to refresh my ears on the qualities of...

rhythminmind
replies: 13 views: 1,768
rhythminmind 19th July 2008

so i just watched the new daniel lanois dvd "here is what is". i really like the way the songs sound. we see the band...

Jetblack
replies: 5 views: 1,127
Santiago 19th July 2008

BUDGET is $10k to $15k – ($10k for the main recording stuff + $5k for all the other add-ons and paraphernalia, including...

Nilo Santos
replies: 19 views: 1,619
Nilo Santos 19th July 2008

How are you guys micing and processing the drums when the purpose is for samples. Love the sound of the commercially sounding...

demel
replies: 4 views: 1,396
synthoid 19th July 2008

The little on light on top dims when I play is the normal?

James Lugo
replies: 2 views: 637
James Lugo 19th July 2008

Hey everyone! I love the idea behind Gearslutz! Have been reading for a while.........and here comes my first post. I am a...

StanTheMan
replies: 3 views: 682
StanTheMan 19th July 2008

Know of a good book about recording/producing? Been looking but can't really find anything. Thanks! P

steve_chiro
replies: 4 views: 657
big country 19th July 2008

I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I'm debating about revising my mic cabinet as far as SDC's are concerned, and am having a...

TocaLaGuitara
replies: 17 views: 1,595
Beardhead 19th July 2008

What's everyone's favorite piece of gear that they own. Not even 'that you use on a regular basis' or 'that the studio you work...

danbronson
replies: 30 views: 2,400
TornadoTed 19th July 2008

How should I go about transitioning back to an all analog mixing setup and is it worth it? Started on "blackface"...

StarfishMusic
replies: 33 views: 3,467
rico52 18th July 2008

Hey everyone, I was curious if anyone had any suggestions about the amount of RAM I should get on our new MacPro...We will be...

phaedrus
replies: 4 views: 850
madgansound 18th July 2008

I have been setting up a project studio over last 2 years-and have optical (buzz audio) and VCA compressor (neve portico). The...

asagaai
replies: 28 views: 4,961
lordnielson 18th July 2008

I agree that tuning the drums for the song makes a difference. So what intervals do YOU tune the kit to? e.g Kick - Tonic,...

Digitar
replies: 3 views: 3,999
warhead 18th July 2008

Hello, I'm a recording aficionado trying to make his first decent recording. I'd like to know your experience and ideas about...

MAXRB
replies: 7 views: 1,808
MAXRB 18th July 2008

Hello, I just got a RNP and a RNC on the mail yesterday through evil-Bay, and i did some recordings, they're great. But I was...

thiagozt
replies: 18 views: 1,245
Doc Mixwell 18th July 2008

Hey y´all... Who here has got Tony Shepperd´s "Master Series 1 (tracking and mixing)" DVD ??? Whats the word on...

Anselmo
replies: 31 views: 3,193
u b k 18th July 2008

Here's a song made from samples Warren posted on his website. I mixed it from the individual samples of just the Audix D6 mic...

bcgood
replies: 7 views: 1,385
warhead 18th July 2008

can anyone suggest a good insurer for a home-based studio in the U.K? cheers

polf
replies: 7 views: 971
Disjointed 18th July 2008

Can someone listen to this short clip of a problem I'm having? Is this an "acoustics" issue? It only happens on certain...

Ringwraith
replies: 4 views: 600
river 18th July 2008

Looks like I'm gonna be going south to Maryland for a recording gig in a couple months, and I was wondering if anyone could...

bgrotto
replies: 10 views: 760
river 18th July 2008

So what do you guys usually do when the band asks "can you burn me a copy of the songs"? Of course I am referring to...

Noize919
replies: 59 views: 2,911
Sigma 18th July 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search