The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Here's something different for y'all.... I know there is the typical piano e Piano Organ Brass Strings... etc has anyone come...

wakestyle
replies: 2 views: 546
wakestyle 25th July 2008

Aside from the Mackie Onyx with Firewire - Are there any other mixers for recording that can be used also for live sound...

Nilo Santos
replies: 3 views: 693
Mike Brown 25th July 2008

I'm supposed to remix a song with no tempo info. I've tried setting the tempo from the session's audio drum loop track. I...

Richierich
replies: 1 views: 662
Richierich 25th July 2008

I mean that processor that can be considered a full analog-mastering processor for final track. Is UA 2-1176 an...

adisc
replies: 9 views: 1,084
u b k 25th July 2008

Hello, I'm having issue widening my mixes...by widening I'm referring to when I listen back (after adding a stereo master fader...

Awake&Rehearse
replies: 19 views: 2,865
colinmiller 25th July 2008

i'm thinking about reconfiguring my limited outboard to a more console-oriented layout. purpose will be to improve my workflow. ...

kyle barton
replies: 13 views: 1,406
kyle barton 25th July 2008

Hello there, it may not be utterly interesting but I just wanted to post a comparison of different drum mikings I had during my...

Beardhead
replies: 0 views: 510
Beardhead 25th July 2008

Joe Beck, one of the most legendary Jazz guitar and session players in New York passed away yesterday after battling lung...

Ameyerson
replies: 10 views: 1,031
mikymike 25th July 2008

I came across a TC Electronic Triple-C Stereo Compressor, circa 2000 and wondered if anyone had any comments as to whether it's...

telefella
replies: 1 views: 720

I just picked up a Chickering Baby grand piano today. I got an amazing deal and I'm very excited to hear it after a tuning. It's...

filthyrich
replies: 10 views: 1,395

I just got done looking at a video with U2 and friends recording an Irish song. The vocal mic was a SE Gemini II with a SE...

Tube World
replies: 30 views: 4,023
E.rOk.stA 25th July 2008

I am thinking about getting the cad trion 8000 tube mic. Any body use it? How is it i just wana make sure its not a bad mic. Ive...

Deleted User
replies: 8 views: 2,861
marcus 25th July 2008

Where can I hear a recording of the "Barkiest" early model Rhodes? I'd like to compare it to the sound of my late...

drockfresh
replies: 25 views: 5,262
mizzle 25th July 2008

I'm aware that you can't change the calibration in PTLE, but I'm wondering at what level the converters in a 003 operate, i.e.,...

cbc459
replies: 0 views: 763
cbc459 25th July 2008

Ive decided to get my synths out in the real world rather than being dead cold virtual streams of electricity and get them...

Touchmaster
replies: 18 views: 2,001
Digitar 25th July 2008

Lynx Aurora 8LT - for a MacPro/Logic system: Will it work by itself ? - or do we need to get the LT-FW (Firewire) and/or the...

Nilo Santos
replies: 3 views: 775
Jack Ruston 24th July 2008

The 3-track recorder thread got me interested in reading about the history of analog tape recording and during my little...

guid0
replies: 1 views: 699
Sigma 24th July 2008

hey, can anyone recommend any aftermarket kits for the 8000? Just picked one up, and there isn't all that many kits included...

wakestyle
replies: 2 views: 1,368
wakestyle 24th July 2008

I've been looking into them and was curious, aside from size, how the earlier models vary from later ones and what kind of...

soupking
replies: 24 views: 1,259
Dubious 24th July 2008

I downloaded all 168 microphone samples from Warrens Front-End-Audio "Tuesday Testers" page that compared 28 mics on 6...

hduncan
replies: 14 views: 987
EvilE 24th July 2008

so with schooling and personal use, and doing search on the forum im still hazy on the subject of ad/da conversion. i understand...

dannyschmanny
replies: 1 views: 568
dannyschmanny 24th July 2008

Any commercial studios care to share their letter of agreement that you use with freelance engineers? I can write one or use a...

jho
replies: 2 views: 1,911
Mgr 24th July 2008

I run PT HD3 on a PC and can get around 40 tracks per hard drive. Is it the same, more or less on a Mac?

oldanalogguy
replies: 18 views: 1,630
jordanstoner 24th July 2008

Hi, We are researching the emergence of the 3-track recorder in the mid-1950s and its use during the late 1950s and early 1960s....

bensonstankut
replies: 27 views: 6,815
Sigma 24th July 2008

Hey, While late nights flew away, I've discovered those monitors, with white basspeaker and the rest is black, in many...

Mixbuster
replies: 4 views: 516
Phrygian 24th July 2008

hellew slutz .. i need your opinion here, im doing a small project for my friend, kind of quick demo for a label. i recorded...

cosmos
replies: 8 views: 925
tribeofenki 24th July 2008

Hi, here's my issue: problem: when I move or nudge tracks with melodyne instantiated, the track moves visually, but the...

guittarzzan
replies: 2 views: 636
Mike H 24th July 2008

So here's a first for me. At the risk of sounding like a wuss.... Just finished a session with an indie rock band that I've...

jval
replies: 19 views: 1,073
dreamsongs 24th July 2008

Condo Development Near Capitol Records is Approved Despite its efforts to thwart a proposed residential development nearby,...

Tony Shepperd
replies: 30 views: 2,075
joelpatterson 24th July 2008

Who has been your favorite client/project thus far and why?

Jake Dempsey
replies: 27 views: 2,195
GearHunter 24th July 2008

I just wanted to check out my mixing room - I think certain frequencies stick out (especially bass) and I would like to do a...

pete
replies: 6 views: 762
pete 24th July 2008

Hi, does anyone know of any resources i could use to write a tdm, rtas, etc plugin? Any books or websites? Thanks for the help!

rayne
replies: 8 views: 1,022
u b k 24th July 2008

Picked this one up from another forum and had to share this after trying it - Mic up a guitar amp as usual with channel one. Of...

Unknown soldier
replies: 6 views: 967
travisbrown 24th July 2008

I searched a bit through the forums, but couldn't find a direct answer.... I just purchased a pair of R121's w/ AT84 mounts and...

gabemcg
replies: 0 views: 1,128
gabemcg 24th July 2008

Hey, we've got some sessions in Logic Pro that we need to convert to Protools sessions before we send to the mix engineer. I know...

Matthew Murray
replies: 1 views: 539
pennywisdom 24th July 2008

sometimes when i have plug in's on my second screen like a master fader L3 i'll be on the main screen and trying to type a save...

Sigma
replies: 0 views: 760
Sigma 24th July 2008

Hi GS, I have started working with my new used JH24 tape machine. It's really cool. Calibrating, is in my opinion, best done on...

soupking
replies: 75 views: 6,392
Sigma 24th July 2008

Greetings, I am making a move to Tennessee, in hopes to start interning in a studio up there. I graduated from a recording...

Lori
replies: 0 views: 1,186
Lori 24th July 2008

It seems that the US Patent Office has granted a patent to Reamp in 1994 for the process of reamping. They say that the only way...

Bonemeister
replies: 23 views: 4,637
travisbrown 24th July 2008

Hi Slutz, can anyone recommend a high quality active D.I. box? thanks in advance, nas

nas
replies: 6 views: 1,450
nas 24th July 2008

OK so I am about to start mixing an album at home at it my first time mixing ITB proper! I have been mucking around with...

randomdave
replies: 11 views: 1,810
Mr.HOLMES 23rd July 2008

i have been trying for almost a year to figure out what kind of mic this is. at first i thought it may be homemade, but then i...

jhardin85
replies: 3 views: 1,369
duckyboard 23rd July 2008

Newbie Q here...what does it mean when you use a limiter severely??? I know that a limiter is a compressor with a very high...

hectc7
replies: 2 views: 584
u b k 23rd July 2008

Sorry to put this here, if it's the wrong sub-forum, but here goes ... I've noticed that there seem to be a lot of GS poster who...

kafka
replies: 0 views: 700
kafka 23rd July 2008

My band and I are trying to post some teaser material for new songs we're working on by filming our rehearsals. This way people...

TheBSper
replies: 2 views: 713
TheBSper 23rd July 2008

I'd really like to hear my mixes out of the imac speakers when I'm A/Bing during mixing. Basically just want the stereo mix of...

obtainknowledge
replies: 4 views: 1,118
psycho_monkey 23rd July 2008

watch the video, around 2:00mins in. MySpaceTV Videos: STORY OF THE YEAR - Webisode 1 (Foxy Studios) by The Black Swan

swill777
replies: 6 views: 827
swill777 23rd July 2008

I bought a Sennheiser 906 to try out along my 57. Sound seems bigger when the two are mixed at equal volumes compared to a 57...

keano
replies: 9 views: 1,031
Wayne 23rd July 2008

Made me chuckle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z-97jtqi38&feature=related

DaKid
replies: 7 views: 1,169
donsimpson 23rd July 2008

What do I mean by this? I mean tell us your stories where it was up to you to fix or alter a performance to get the recording...

analogboy
replies: 2 views: 636
lasso 23rd July 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search