The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I saw this mixer at a local thrift store. The info on it shows its from the early 70's. Solid state stuff, I assume. It looked...

Nightbreed
replies: 9 views: 12,948
Steffmo 4th August 2008

Go ahead and post, have you pushed a Hammond up hill for 4 miles to get it home? Other crazy gear stories? I'm in Atlanta and...

Jay-
replies: 21 views: 1,832
NorseHorse 4th August 2008

I often hear people say that the difference between different preamps is huge and the difference between this EQ and that EQ is...

shadewind
replies: 40 views: 2,502

Hey Guys , trying to find some info of what type of brand digidesign is using for all of their digisnake cables . I had to grab a...

ARIEL
replies: 3 views: 799
ARIEL 4th August 2008

I purposefully didn't post this in the mastering section because a mastering engineers opinion isn't what matters to me.... What...

TRA
replies: 11 views: 971

Is it common practice to use preamps to send a mix through? If so, why? Coloration, loudness? Is it common to do this to an...

toasteh
replies: 5 views: 661

I have a Warwick Corvette 5 string with active MEC J/J pickups. I know I want an active DI to bring it to the board. I was...

museic
replies: 2 views: 678
museic 4th August 2008

I have a small project studio centred around solo acoustic guitar music. I am running Cubase SX with an EMU 1820m, a pair of...

koostix
replies: 4 views: 622
PRobb 4th August 2008

I've been lurking here for a while, and posting within the last few weeks and something been annoying me about the...

Dog Boots
replies: 1 views: 593
the_man361 4th August 2008

what are your favorite preamp choices for kick/snare and ovhds? i have UA2108 that sounds good on kick/snare but would like to...

xiandishinger
replies: 61 views: 9,468
vernier 4th August 2008

...apart from removing the 3 philips screws from just underneath the bottom of the keys, and the two control knobs, is there...

oldspeckledhen
replies: 2 views: 567
ebot9000 4th August 2008

I'm considering picking up a LynxTwo-C. There's no MIDI input/output on the card, as far as I can tell. So I was wondering... If...

simplecarnival
replies: 1 views: 667
simplecarnival 3rd August 2008

Well, I am really happy with my CL 7602s. The DI input on bass is badass!. Looking for another 2 channels with EQ. Any...

AnalogBrain
replies: 12 views: 1,273
Benmrx 3rd August 2008

Hi guys, So I've picked up this audio technica pro 2ax vocal mic. I know that its garbage but i'm interested in fixing it. The...

JMAV
replies: 0 views: 1,130
JMAV 3rd August 2008

anybody know of any good links/sources where i can find information on the noteworthy producers and engineers of the past (and...

rodge
replies: 9 views: 811
Bob Olhsson 3rd August 2008

I was thinking of getting some but can anyone tell me what happens on the A7s if you have both the balanced and unbalanced...

bulley
replies: 2 views: 865
bulley 3rd August 2008

With the july special from Mcdsp, I decided to buy 2 of their native plug ins. Here are the plug ins I already have : Waves...

deardaddy
replies: 13 views: 1,342
jmarkham 3rd August 2008

I just purchased a pair of the M-Audio Ex-66 monitors, but haven't received them yet. I read all of the posts here, but most...

rxfit06
replies: 7 views: 1,194
rxfit06 3rd August 2008

Hey guys. I need some help with micing up a drum set. I'm just kind of learning the ropes and wanted some suggestions. For...

KidGibRic
replies: 11 views: 1,051
TeReKeTe 3rd August 2008

I have a small home studio in the second bedroom of average size 2 bedroom apartment. The average household in the UK uses 9...

TEMAS
replies: 8 views: 8,834
The Byre 3rd August 2008

OK... It is the silly season. Songs where the chord progression spells out something... You know... EGAD BAD FAD DAD... (I...

theblue1
replies: 24 views: 4,347
russrags 3rd August 2008

Hey guys, I know this isn't really GS related, BUT... I have an old yamaha fg 280 acoustic guitar that I'd like to get some...

king of sweden
replies: 5 views: 3,092
king of sweden 3rd August 2008

There was a recent thread asking what people said before pressing record - ("rolling" seemed to be very popular.) I was...

vincentvangogo
replies: 34 views: 22,222
Karloff70 3rd August 2008

Will any of these allow two networked machines to use the same iLok? silex America | USB Device Servers*-*silex America Keyspan...

eclectic
replies: 1 views: 1,056
eclectic 3rd August 2008

Hi, I recently got hold of a D-Drum kick trigger for a metal project. I used it with the Roland TD-3 brain(borrowed) and also...

zeppe
replies: 3 views: 661
zeppe 3rd August 2008

How does one learn the craft teching, of, recapping fixing gear consoles etc? Is there a beginners book or good resource. ...

rokuez
replies: 2 views: 807
gurubuzz 3rd August 2008

Hi there Fellashowdy Has anyone heard -or seen- this compressor already? Neve's website tells that it's been released..! Any...

transsylvan
replies: 0 views: 1,286
transsylvan 3rd August 2008

My question is if I decide to have my end product on CD and Vinyl does the sample rate I am recording in matter. I have been...

Nu-tra
replies: 3 views: 2,099
The Reel Thing 3rd August 2008

I'm not that experienced at all with producing, so I'm leaving it up to you guys to debate the features and benefits between...

cWAGZ
replies: 4 views: 764
hawaii82 3rd August 2008

I've read a few threads on here about the bass extension of the Adams, especially from Fletcher when he describes the 'extra...

jaffa
replies: 3 views: 1,602
Ruphus 3rd August 2008

I wanted to post an update to an ongoing debate. I believe that most engineers do not know how to correctly mic a Marshall. The...

metroplex
replies: 41 views: 3,488
jefferson 3rd August 2008

I'm looking for one outboard EQ that's great for vocals and stereo mixes/stems. Any suggestions? I want CHARACTER...something...

mbradzick
replies: 37 views: 2,910
chandlersonic 3rd August 2008

I have either been in recording or around live sound all my life but ive always wondered where is the magic in the theater sound,...

AllAboutTone
replies: 3 views: 584
Chaellus 3rd August 2008

I just read a thread on the TOMB about recording levels, and how you should aim for an average level of -18dBfs. I'm a newbie...

Colorblind
replies: 19 views: 1,986
steveschizoid 3rd August 2008

REAPER! I have Vista Premium 64 bit operating system and thought that waves plug-ins don't work with all DAWs because even Waves...

heisleyamor
replies: 1 views: 1,001
heisleyamor 3rd August 2008

I'm curious about mixing OTB with a 002 and a Rosetta 800. What is the maximum number of simultaneous analog outputs provided by...

I.T.
replies: 2 views: 667
nukmusic 3rd August 2008

Did a search and found no comments on this new CD from Steve Winwood. The title is 9 lives. Just amazing musicianship and a...

Oldone
replies: 2 views: 614
Oldone 3rd August 2008

I have a Lexicon Prime Time Model 93 which is in excellent physical condition. It's sliders do not sound scratchy at all. They...

Jake Holland
replies: 3 views: 1,399
C.Judd Karn 3rd August 2008

I need to sell a mint condition 9/11 commemorative american flag Les Paul Custom in the case for my girl's dad. I think it sound...

James Lugo
replies: 2 views: 582
GregoryC 3rd August 2008

Hello, I want to hear how recordings (singing) with the shure sounds, not only lows but mids and highs aswell. Could anybody...

Marly88
replies: 13 views: 3,712
Jackie Moon 3rd August 2008

Came across this on the net. Me thinks this is how the "Big Boys" get there tone. Looks pretty spot on to me!

Rednose
replies: 12 views: 2,740
GuneyOzsan 3rd August 2008

So, I'm curious as to how these things are holding out? are they still hype or, pas'se? I've heard that, they are a little...

Klauth
replies: 0 views: 549
Klauth 2nd August 2008

Does anyone have any examples of known mixes where most of the verbs were plugins? Thanks

musical5
replies: 54 views: 4,753
Dean Roddey 2nd August 2008

£1500 (that's pounds!) to spend on mic + pre for ambient/choral/soundscape. Want the vocals to sound lush and beautiful. Female...

Kroy
replies: 0 views: 661
Kroy 2nd August 2008

First of all - hello! howdy I've used this forum passively for years to answer various queries I've had in the past on all sorts...

k1dfarthing
replies: 1 views: 574
k1dfarthing 2nd August 2008

nowadays most consumers listen to music on their desktop? Music downloads dramatically increase, less consumers buy it on a...

Neon Heart
replies: 11 views: 1,262
Tony Shepperd 2nd August 2008

I'm looking for a headphone amp. I'm thinking about the Benchmark H1. I've heard that the "maxxed portaphile" is...

heisleyamor
replies: 19 views: 2,802
heisleyamor 2nd August 2008

say I did something in OceanWay drums and I wanted to save RAM usage by putting it into a track, which I would be able to edit...

dylansmale
replies: 5 views: 691
BLUElightCory 2nd August 2008

Has anyone recorded both? How do they compare? Warehouse is 80 including shipping. Celestions start around 110 plus...

filthyrich
replies: 1 views: 1,920
Tibbon 2nd August 2008

Hey slutz! I am thinking about an acoustic-improvement for my room, trying to get the bass response more even. I have big...

WunderBro Flo
replies: 2 views: 743
WunderBro Flo 2nd August 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search