The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

i'm not much of an interface geek. what are the options, if any, for getting 8 channels of aes into (and possibly out of) an...

u b k
replies: 6 views: 862
u b k 13th August 2008

So I am about to buy a new DI Box, would like your suggestions on what works best for you. Some I have tried in the past colour...

bigggidy
replies: 35 views: 2,978
paddy64 13th August 2008

I have a pair of E27's on the way soon; planning to use them for mixing and mastering. Anyone using a mid/side arrangement on...

AndreH
replies: 0 views: 504
AndreH 12th August 2008

howdy. i'm currently looking to extend my tracking arsenal with the sole purpose of recording drum machines & synths. I've a...

sashbash
replies: 0 views: 858
sashbash 12th August 2008

Im wondering how can u tracking Drums (overhead) with cardioid mics one on the left part and one on a right part of drums set (i...

mattsplace
replies: 2 views: 602
the_man361 12th August 2008

i cant seem to figure out the source of the pops and clicks in my signal. they are so obvious that i cant even get an idea of how...

DMBd13
replies: 4 views: 733
theblue1 12th August 2008

Hi, I know, I know.. but I don't have the funds for bass amp right now but can borrow electric bass guitar and was wondering if...

Tymah
replies: 5 views: 2,151
Tymah 12th August 2008

Hello, I am curious about these two Hi-Z inputs on my Ensemble's faceplate. I am assuming these are both D.I., but do they...

hduncan
replies: 0 views: 1,094
hduncan 12th August 2008

I have read in GS about this "DAW" software which runs in your browser: http://www.digimix.com/alpha/ And we all...

Saudade
replies: 5 views: 1,015
Mr.HOLMES 12th August 2008

Anybody know any studios in nyc area where i can test the ak47 or the 2247 le ?? Also sm7 i looked at many websites and some...

VINKRILLZZ
replies: 2 views: 610
Musiclab 12th August 2008

I am looking for a good set of speakers to use to impress the clients. Just something to crank up and blow them away. My budget...

drumkideric
replies: 14 views: 1,442
rockstar_josh 12th August 2008

Hi, I am looking for some headphones (sub £100) that will be useful for mix reference. The ones I have are either too...

recall
replies: 8 views: 1,574
recall 12th August 2008

With the help of Bob Moore of Sound Lab Recording, these clips were recorded to compare the range of Peluso microphones on...

warhead
replies: 83 views: 10,167
kittonian 12th August 2008

Hiya! I'm getting a large tax return on my business's first year in the tax season. Prior purchases, catchup, etc = big first...

fooman
replies: 12 views: 788
BLUElightCory 12th August 2008

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can use pro tools HD hardware (192 i/o or 96 i/o) with the 002 or the 003 like you can...

grobichaud
replies: 11 views: 993
TheBSper 12th August 2008

I'm always interested at how so many artists are good at using sounds all around them, while I'm just a completely boring geek...

Dean Roddey
replies: 5 views: 809
Dean Roddey 12th August 2008

I've got no money to spend!

NorseHorse
replies: 17 views: 1,051
Jules 12th August 2008

I have heard that it is recommendable to have a studio with a A weighed dbA of 23 to 28. I have a sound pressure level meter but...

hectc7
replies: 2 views: 953
Ethan Winer 12th August 2008

OK I'll just get right to it. jkthtyrt Been recording/mixing and assisting in SX, Logic and few other recording app's. I'm...

Stixxs
replies: 52 views: 4,742
CDS 12th August 2008

I have a Chilton board that I need to offload. I can't figure out the model number or any idea of what its worth (I know it ain't...

richiebee
replies: 8 views: 2,279
richiebee 12th August 2008

I am getting pulsating distorted buzzing noises from the outputs. The problem seems to be with the Control Unit itself - not with...

waldie wave
replies: 2 views: 232
mics 12th August 2008

I am writing an essay on Production Techniques, more importantly on reverb. What Reverbs have that classic status? Analog,...

Autumn
replies: 19 views: 2,103
Mike H 12th August 2008

I think I want to record my next album retro-style, with a single dynamic mic for drum overhead duties to create some character...

recky
replies: 27 views: 5,496
Jackie Moon 12th August 2008

hey, is this possible? seems like it would be pretty basic, but maybe im missing something running a jh 16

deckerluke
replies: 2 views: 825
bryancook 12th August 2008

If you have experience with tape machines (especially the "table top" type) I have a question for you. I picked up a...

craschowder
replies: 15 views: 1,202
dbbubba 12th August 2008

I have a modded (by previous owner) jm27 that's exhibiting some weird pops ticks a rumble which makes it unusable. I want to...

slowjett
replies: 0 views: 587
slowjett 12th August 2008

Has anyone tried the Pro 73 on rack toms? These are very affordable and I know some sing their praises, but I don't recall...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 0 views: 627
Sean Sullivan 12th August 2008

When mixing otb, for example playing back a hard disk recording by routing all individual tracks to a mixing console and it's...

Sk106
replies: 13 views: 2,128
DGrimmett 12th August 2008

I just decided to re-listen to this record "feast of wire" by Calexico. Used to put it on once a year or so. How...

rectifier
replies: 15 views: 1,166
Mertmo 12th August 2008

I was the the Guitar Center in Nashville and they had open box cables at 3 for 10 dollars. I picked up a 20 ft Monster Performer...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 0 views: 1,120
Sean Sullivan 12th August 2008

I can get ceiling tiles really cheap from lowes. There are some damaged boxes of ceiling tiles (2x4). They are selling them for...

heisleyamor
replies: 28 views: 2,607
Mike H 12th August 2008

I am trying to decide between a Chandler Limited TG Channel MKII Pre Amp/DI with Pultec style EQ and a Chandler Limited Germanium...

song-writer
replies: 13 views: 1,891
NathanEldred 12th August 2008

My monitors are about 6 inches from the wall. Do I need to treat it for reflections?

skiroy
replies: 13 views: 1,502
Dean Roddey 12th August 2008

Hey everyone, had an idea I wanted to put out but dont know how. I am looking for a way to record a one or two word...

CISUM
replies: 5 views: 5,287
Digitar 12th August 2008

Hey guys... I´m wondering if the playback speed of any given track can be automated in protools..? I want to be able to get a...

Anselmo
replies: 4 views: 1,974
AntillesSound 12th August 2008

I just purchased Line 6 Gearbox Silver with free upgrade to Gold for $79 from American Musical Supply. I think that is quite a...

ricfoxx
replies: 0 views: 650
ricfoxx 11th August 2008

I'm starting a new thread for this comparison. Im going to not post the answers right away. Check the new thread for links etc.

BobSchwenkler
replies: 17 views: 1,153
BobSchwenkler 11th August 2008

Can I plug all this units in an Api 6B lunchbox? I know buzz essence is 120mV but it fills 2 Units on lunchbox, but I don't know...

Wakena2003
replies: 3 views: 677
Phrygian 11th August 2008

My console has certain connections that are TRS unbalanced (2 grounds). Can I connect a TS (1 ground) unbalanced cord to these...

craschowder
replies: 3 views: 960
craschowder 11th August 2008

The usual rhetoric and pissing matches can be found in this thread: Will plugins EVER reach the quality of hardware? It got...

ben_allison
replies: 138 views: 9,054
peeder 11th August 2008

My radio shack meter has an output on it (RCA). Do I just need to be an RCA to 1/4" jack cord? And go into my firepod? I'm...

heisleyamor
replies: 9 views: 1,237
dft3670 11th August 2008

What is a distressor exactly. I read some forums where it sounded like it was similar to a compressor. Is it a compressor but you...

skiroy
replies: 3 views: 1,826
Drum9uy 11th August 2008

Anyone know any rental facility in LA that rents out the Chandler Mini-Mixer? Looked at Audio Verite, Advanced Audio, and Design...

mikecorwin
replies: 1 views: 603
PlatinumSamples 11th August 2008

Is it common practice or a no no the use the Low cut switch on condensers when recording vocals or should you record all flat?...

skiroy
replies: 7 views: 4,093
mdjice 11th August 2008

Hi guys, i´m going to purchase some new stuff for my studio and i´m looking for new preamps. I have a ISA 428, Avalon M5, TL...

MrheroiNe
replies: 2 views: 790
MrheroiNe 11th August 2008

I've enjoyed my time with some awesome gear, but I've decided to go back to the 19" rack system. I've had P1's, 512C, MA5's,...

bobwarren
replies: 86 views: 7,461
pan60 11th August 2008

Anyone tried this thing? How does it compare to some of the higher end stuff out there?

Johnkenn
replies: 2 views: 1,856
Beechwood 11th August 2008

Okay, so I'm meeting with my web developer today to start the design of my children's music website. I will be using a character...

Inca
replies: 8 views: 1,364
Inca 11th August 2008

For a stereo set up for micing the room for drums, what have you guys found to work best? I'm currently doing a mono room mic,...

erock
replies: 4 views: 827
SmignalFlow 11th August 2008

So I just found out from a search on here that I need to go unbalanced to a DI, in my case a great river. Now I'm confused on...

Lipps
replies: 8 views: 1,707
dan p 11th August 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search