The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Please see here for a forum news update and a question for you in...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 671
Jules 28th September 2008

the following is a short list of albums with number of recording tracks used: satanic majesties: 4 track let it bleed: 8...

cc1
replies: 52 views: 7,424
jefft 28th September 2008

Can anybody tell me what I should go for? My main concern is the soundquality, I want a clean trasparent sound, not a typical...

ISABENJ
replies: 10 views: 4,579
stevelindsay 28th September 2008

Do you guys ever do this ?? I love it on Drums and I understand it's a fairly common practice, but what about Elec. GTRs or Bass...

marshallplexi
replies: 9 views: 4,286
RockManDan 28th September 2008

Hey guys. This is my first post (I think), so be gentle... My friend's got a broken 1178 at his studio, which I'm currently...

petestewart
replies: 0 views: 637
petestewart 28th September 2008

maybe instead of aerons and the like we should be sitting on these... lol Matthew Plummer Fernandez: Sound/Chair

cubivore
replies: 5 views: 740
cubivore 28th September 2008

i am considering purchasing a control surface for PT, but that works with DP. i would like to go HUI. as i understand this...

Shane Michael Rose
replies: 3 views: 806
Shane Michael Rose 28th September 2008

Hi there, I am trying to archive all my original pieces of music (around 450!) as a keep sake for my children. I have...

NYMo
replies: 8 views: 1,247
craschowder 28th September 2008

I read tons about SSL compressor clones, but I haven't heard of a good API 2500 clone/ similar sounding stereo comp. The reason...

UnDeFiNeD
replies: 13 views: 3,547
Shane Michael Rose 28th September 2008

I just talked with a gear expert and he explained me in a very professional level . Then , I asked him to show me some audio...

adisc
replies: 0 views: 704
adisc 28th September 2008

For all you rock mixers... Who still likes the 160 on snare tracks? Or are these gone out of favor with things like the...

Lazer Toms
replies: 24 views: 2,199
logicll 28th September 2008

So I got an offer from my parents to spend about $20,000 on gear to get a jump start home studio. Just wondering what you guys...

AppleZ
replies: 0 views: 543
AppleZ 27th September 2008

Hey all. I've been a recording enthusiast for awhile now and I've just started putting some gear together to get some slightly...

dave_w
replies: 6 views: 743
larry b 27th September 2008

Say what you want about Audix, I just wanted to spread the word about one piece of gear which is (as far as I can tell) entirely...

EstateMatt
replies: 2 views: 588
EstateMatt 27th September 2008

Hi all, I am strickly an Analog mixer. I do use the Alesis HD24 96k recorder then go straight to an analog mixer with analog...

Coldsnow
replies: 0 views: 1,082
Coldsnow 27th September 2008

Anyone using these for overheads? OR The Peluso P28's for overheads? What do you think of them?

Nu-tra
replies: 3 views: 1,388
Lexicondonn 27th September 2008

This may seem a kind of random question (certainly WAY more random than my drum booth question). .....But is anyone aware of...

MarkRB
replies: 9 views: 1,280
adisc 27th September 2008

Anyone out there know what year the lunchbox was introduced or any other tidbits about it's early history?Such as when other...

jamroom
replies: 9 views: 2,366
pan60 27th September 2008

Hey slutz, Heres the reference: YouTube - rise against like the angel Bout to head in and record bass for my bands album in...

Renegade Prod
replies: 43 views: 5,559
Vum 27th September 2008

Hi, does anybody of you own units of furman?? i'm thinking about buying a power conditioner but the units were actual made for...

kingsize 13
replies: 5 views: 813
travelboy 27th September 2008

Hello Everyone . I wanted to know what should be the price of a racked mono Telefunken v672 ? Thanks in Advance

Daystar
replies: 8 views: 1,989
opacheco 27th September 2008

While re-capping the ol' MCI 538C I have been playing a lot of CD for entertainment. I put in The Beatles "One"...

dbbubba
replies: 49 views: 3,511
ny152 27th September 2008

Hi, I'm finally getting my studer 189 recapped up to spec. For a 40 year old console it sure needs it - uneven levels, uneven...

joho
replies: 5 views: 905
dbbubba 27th September 2008

If theres any radios guys/gals out there... I'm wondering how they get that special vocal effect on FM stations. Ussually they...

Rednose
replies: 5 views: 1,698
Rednose 27th September 2008

OK, last night some lucky engineer bought himself a Blue Kiwi mic on Ebay for $430. I bid on it but through an auto bid service...

Iggy Poop
replies: 11 views: 1,082
beau 27th September 2008

I was listening to this as I was working yesterday and it got me thinking, "what a nice sounding record" It's got up...

SoundUniverse
replies: 0 views: 495
SoundUniverse 27th September 2008

I'm currently working on an album for one of my bands, and looking for a punchy, modern, but not over-compressed rock sound. I...

kludge
replies: 1 views: 830
u b k 27th September 2008

Hi guys! What are you using for main studio screen? Any difference between Plasma and LCD? I was trying to connect Sanyo 38...

VPiktor
replies: 15 views: 1,215
Tomer1 27th September 2008

I've got a chorus plug in, and I want to change the parameters to make it a flanger... Would I change the delay time? and/or the...

captin151
replies: 5 views: 2,397
dbbubba 27th September 2008

so, what is everyone using to incorporate synthesizers into their recordings? i'm currently plugging direct through my...

PopsGhostly1980
replies: 11 views: 873
maxhype 27th September 2008

What are the most popular foley microphones? I understand you'd want an assortment of microphones for different things but is...

eyezenears
replies: 10 views: 5,128
spandex man 27th September 2008

Im looking to get a few decent ribbons but I want to know if the pres on my firepod will do them justice. Do I need a high end...

Elvis
replies: 7 views: 948
tailamix 27th September 2008

I'm doing a basics session in a single 30x24x16 room with a three piece rock band. The room sound is usable. I have 2 channels...

theafterbangs
replies: 7 views: 1,573
Yetti 27th September 2008

What are your thoughts on the DAV BG-1 as compared to some nice 500 series pres, like the Great River and 512c? Does anyone...

TopCatz
replies: 1 views: 1,245
Heartfelt 27th September 2008

Has anyone around here heard this thing? I'm playing in a reunion of an old cover band and we don't have time to rehearse...

Herman Munster
replies: 1 views: 898
Herman Munster 27th September 2008

Hey Everyone, I will be doing a SE mic demo this Saturday September 27th at Make N Music in Frederick, MD. 1:30pm-3:30pm. ...

NQJason
replies: 5 views: 656
NQJason 27th September 2008

Hey everyone. Can anyone recommend a 2 channel preamp under $2500 to go with a pair of Josephson c42’s. The mics are going...

Silentstudios
replies: 19 views: 3,490
Recording David 27th September 2008

What kind of mics? how many? what configuration? What polar pattern? and set-ups do you know of that have been used for film? oh,...

dylansmale
replies: 9 views: 1,161
SomeAudioGuy 27th September 2008

Just got my Cascade Fathead II in the mail yesterday. I have been recording a polka band recently (something I thought I would...

up and at them
replies: 6 views: 1,489
icebox 27th September 2008
replies: - views: -
The Press Desk 27th September 2008
replies: 0 views: 517
Lourson 27th September 2008

Hi all, Just saw this on the Auralex home page. Anybody heard anything about them? Certainly have the option of looking...

JimThompson
replies: 12 views: 1,192
joeq 27th September 2008

I know people are sick of the "vs." threads but I am sure there are a few people on here who have used at least two if...

DRC
replies: 3 views: 1,327
DRC 27th September 2008

OK all you golden ears, anything almost fool you? Would like some current examples of truly top notch work that never touched...

gurian1
replies: 0 views: 560
gurian1 27th September 2008

most DIY talkboxes use a funnel shape to adapt the airtight chamber containing the speaker to the vinyl tubing. Does a funnel...

hduncan
replies: 12 views: 6,986
hduncan 27th September 2008

Can anybody hip me to the going rate as a % of publishing that song pluggers are getting for a cut down there if you're not...

gsharp
replies: 3 views: 3,615
song-writer 27th September 2008

Well, I live in houston and we got Ike on the way...pretty big Hurricane! a little wind doesn't scare me...what scares me is...

mdjice
replies: 74 views: 3,193
dbbubba 26th September 2008

to connect macbook pro to stereo.

bchamorro
replies: 0 views: 2,072
bchamorro 26th September 2008

Hi, i'm posting this as a new user. Yes, i searched previous posts for answers to my question but this is rather specific so I...

Link0126
replies: 2 views: 1,073
strewnshank 26th September 2008

Damn I scored a M260 almost for free... What a great mic! http://www.countrypollution.com/wave/m260.mp3

greatgreatriver
replies: 6 views: 1,732
greatgreatriver 26th September 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search