The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi All, I have been consistently running into the problem of making a single vocal track stand out in a dense rock mix. I am...

floater138
replies: 34 views: 22,917
David Robinson 29th October 2008

Unfortunately, one of these has to go if I'm to get a Gordon, which I've pretty much made my mind up about. Now, you could argue...

Matt Grondin
replies: 5 views: 1,049
Matt Grondin 29th October 2008

I have some compressors in my studio to try today on my vocals but can't do 2 things at one time. Need engineer help????...

James Lugo
replies: 23 views: 1,518
Chris 29th October 2008

I'm sorry GS, I know this is a tired post. But the only demo I could find with actual samples was by a fella named Bang and...

soupking
replies: 4 views: 794
audiovisceral 29th October 2008

I basically feel that the D/A conversion on my M-Audio Transit isn't doing the rest of my listening chain any justice. So I'm...

Jaymz
replies: 0 views: 1,479
Jaymz 29th October 2008

OK, so one of my speaker stands broke out of the wall and my Tannoy fell onto my Saber Series and broke off a few knobs and...

ngrey
replies: 2 views: 1,230
AllAboutTone 29th October 2008

Is there any consensus out there about what is the best sounding MP3 player? Is it possible to have great quality sound without...

DaveD
replies: 0 views: 712
DaveD 29th October 2008
replies: 11 views: 399
davemc 29th October 2008

hey yall... I've been on a Behringer 48 point TRS patch bay and want to upgrade as I am afraid I am not getting the best use of...

soundtrackarcade
replies: 0 views: 547
soundtrackarcade 29th October 2008

Grrrr it has been one of those days. It was a fun day recoding vox with my wife. Things were really rocking and she was...

79_Limited
replies: 9 views: 892
79_Limited 29th October 2008

Does anyone know which converter chips Apogee uses in Duet/Ensemble? I'm asking 'cause I need a soundcard with a pretty good...

Jay Lee
replies: 7 views: 6,808
myrtlebacker 29th October 2008

Hi!! hittt hittt hittt hittt I'm working with a HD24 alesis Hd recorder and I really need to transfer the recordings to my...

jpellegrino
replies: 7 views: 4,807
synthoid 29th October 2008

Anyone have some tracks ready for the mixdown they would be willing to let me work on? I'm working on getting my hands on all the...

MrJulius
replies: 0 views: 556
MrJulius 29th October 2008

I'm looking for the make and model of a very quiet bar fridge.... in USA it need to be in the control room..... and I dont want...

newstudio2007
replies: 16 views: 3,443
big country 29th October 2008

Does anyone here have experience with using an RME HDSPE AES with a Lynx Aurora 16? I'm curious if it works properly and performs...

Xspringe
replies: 3 views: 1,180
MonoBrow 29th October 2008

So how is the low end on the A7s? I need a pair of monitors for about $1000 - $1200 for mixing rock and metal. Adam A7 is the...

bchamorro
replies: 21 views: 2,327
mrdosun 29th October 2008

I have a metal band coming in in a month or so. Pretty heavy stuff, tuned to B. Just curious to see if anyone has had any...

TheJeffAllen
replies: 2 views: 1,294
kit 29th October 2008

Hi I've just bought a couple of US voltage dbx 160xt's for use here in the UK which should be here next week. Has anyone got any...

Speed 4
replies: 16 views: 1,856
mikethebike 28th October 2008

Hi, I am a songwriter / composer and am looking for some equipment to make some recordings. Several local bands have started to...

kdk
replies: 9 views: 1,091
kdk 28th October 2008

I dont trust my ears compared to all the experts on this forum. So my question is what buttons are pressed and what are the dials...

shadyru
replies: 6 views: 972
lasso 28th October 2008

Hi. Do you guys know how to get the vocal effect in this song: "Anthem for seventeen year old girl" (by Broken Social...

sj2six
replies: 8 views: 1,905
EleKtriKaz 28th October 2008

Hi Gearslutz(great name!) Is there anybody out there who could tell me how to fix a dented windscreen in a Neumann U87? I can't...

wattwuzzat
replies: 4 views: 3,960
The Studio RI 28th October 2008

I am switching from Yamaha 02R96 + 2*MY16-mLAN cards (32 tracks into Cubase/Nuendo) to a PT HD2 system. I got a 96io of the bay...

clubber
replies: 1 views: 1,113
Dan 28th October 2008

What is an appropriate price to pay for a used PT HD Accel 1 PCI-e card?

adoucette
replies: 0 views: 535
adoucette 28th October 2008

Hey Ya'll Longtime lurker just starting to post here. just started using this little distortion box and it just sounds...

LoudAsBalls
replies: 7 views: 1,130
LoudAsBalls 28th October 2008

The other day I was at the local WallsMart and as we were walking down the dog food aisle my fourteen year-old daughter held up...

dbbubba
replies: 6 views: 1,698
dbbubba 28th October 2008

Hey! I cant decide what to buy! Im right now using a RME Multiface II . and TG2 Chandler preamps! I cant decide what is better...

mattsplace
replies: 3 views: 1,384
mattsplace 28th October 2008

I'm trying to make my own drum samples and I recorded a bunch of one hits on my 1972 Ludwig set. Got some good sounds tracked to...

Beneficial
replies: 8 views: 2,392
seansolo 28th October 2008

hey...i just got an audio accessories TT patchbay with dsubs on the rear. how does everyone setup compressors, dessers, and...

spaceman_west
replies: 0 views: 1,077
spaceman_west 28th October 2008

Hi, I'm trying to get Nirvana type of drum sound. Escpecially the bassdrum and the roomsound they had... Can someone...

jujumies
replies: 0 views: 893
jujumies 28th October 2008

hey everyone. I'd really like an opportunity to demo out some mics but am not sure where to start looking. I've been ok with...

bleudevel05
replies: 0 views: 655
bleudevel05 28th October 2008

Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums :) I've been recording my guitar and bass through a fast track pro interface and using...

jtjtjt
replies: 19 views: 1,225
fhames 28th October 2008

Aww... sorry guys i spaced and then i posted the thread again after hitting backwards. My mistake. Ignore this one

LoudAsBalls
replies: 0 views: 584
LoudAsBalls 28th October 2008

AUDIO TECNICA CONDENSER INSTRMNT MIC_1 This looks like a sweet deal for NEW ATM450s. Would you say so? I think I'm about to...

heisleyamor
replies: 7 views: 979
warhead 28th October 2008

Hi all, here's the thing: I've got a Nord Electro with some nice fx pedals (Boss Dm2 Delay, RAT distortion) on which I play...

Curls_On_Keys
replies: 4 views: 894
thedommer 28th October 2008

any software for managing studio, or audio services company... ???

moosamix
replies: 6 views: 1,496
SaschaP 28th October 2008

I am getting ready to buy a luchbox. I already have a Brent Averill and want to know how it compares with anything else out there

jeff4h
replies: 2 views: 2,046
pan60 28th October 2008

Teletronics LA 2A Pultecs etc..... Ends in 2 days!

Goldtop
replies: 0 views: 653
Goldtop 28th October 2008

So, sooner is better than later, but later is better than not at all... Here’s my brief tale of discovery of truth handed to...

KungFuLio
replies: 11 views: 1,392
Steffmo 28th October 2008

I have worked full time as a sound engineer for over 20 years now and about 5 years freelancing before that. During that time I...

Brenton
replies: 32 views: 2,489
Hardtoe 28th October 2008

Im looking for a guitar amp plug here. What are you thoughts on whats out there? What do you like and why? Im needing...

Deleted User
replies: 68 views: 8,990
Methlab 28th October 2008

Has anyone got the SOLO pack? I've just got one on its way for a great price. I would of personally got the DUO or QUAD but the...

Johnm73
replies: 13 views: 1,832
MickeySmid 28th October 2008

Hi, I just had a quick question about the URS CSP. On the site it states 30 input algorithms, but for compressors 60 starting...

edwardsean
replies: 1 views: 714
Deleted 37a7726 28th October 2008

Hi all I have been wondering why my TG2's DI inputs seem to be quite noisy. I have noticed this when plugging a guitar with...

ddp
replies: 7 views: 950
Jeremy Sage 28th October 2008

Hello, I am currently using a tascam mkIII cassette four track. I have used cubase before and then I lost interest. I'm...

Banana Brains
replies: 1 views: 756
The Reel Thing 28th October 2008

A couple of years ago I started settling my project studio. I came from music arranging rather than audio engineering at that...

magibatalla
replies: 2 views: 430
magibatalla 28th October 2008

Wtf? Only one FireWire port in the new Mac Book Pro and NO FireWire in the MacBook. What is Apple thinking? What is happening to...

bchamorro
replies: 52 views: 5,212
judah 28th October 2008

I work on two 22" wide screen monitors for composing/sequencing. What monitor screens are you working with? Do you...

ssl_ambition
replies: 63 views: 6,283
FeatheredSerpent 28th October 2008

So im lookin to buy a new vocal mic and channel strip(s), im kinda hooked on the idea of super smooth dark tubeyness for a...

tswp1
replies: 0 views: 544
tswp1 28th October 2008

Seriously. He could practically run for being the GS mascot. I mean, vintage outboard feels kind of senseless without a rack....

soupking
replies: 0 views: 513
soupking 28th October 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search