The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByThomann
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

hello. I want to setup a solo acoustic fingerstyle rig that I can use to record with no helpers. so I envision myself sitting...

gregory
replies: 0 views: 1,189
gregory 9th November 2008

I was down at a local studio today to check out this SSL rep. He brought the Matrix, X-rack, G bus comp, etc... Having only...

E.rOk.stA
replies: 1 views: 865
AshleySmith06 9th November 2008

Great Site! Style: I sing and play guitar in a band that plays blues and classic country. My voice sounds mostly like Johnny...

RoosterJ
replies: 3 views: 1,066
doncaparker 9th November 2008

Having just acquired a Mackie D8B, I'm finding myself with more stuff than I probably need. My studio has been based around a...

hourglass
replies: 2 views: 706
hourglass 9th November 2008

Hi, can anyone tell me something about the telefunken V620a? Is it a mic preamp or a line amp? How does it sound? How old is it?...

groovex20
replies: 2 views: 1,627
fivepoundmusic 9th November 2008

Hi, I'm looking for a very clean compressor, one that imparts little if any coloration. I'd like to keep the cost to $1000 or...

geodude
replies: 15 views: 1,443
asap audio 9th November 2008

i have protools in grid mode set to bars:beat 1/4 note. when i bus the click track to an audio track and record it, i get a...

hearteh
replies: 9 views: 837
hearteh 9th November 2008

Hi...recently I bought an ART MPA Gold to use here in Hong Kong. It was shipped from America (but made in China...I have more...

hello people
replies: 2 views: 621
hello people 9th November 2008

What do you think of using a Tascam TSR 8 8 track 15 ips 1/2" machine to track retro sounding drums. Before bouncing to pro...

glenn Taylor
replies: 11 views: 6,057
soundrick 9th November 2008

Hi Guys, Bit of a shameless plug but it may be of service to some of you. I have a business that's been working for a while...

Bleek
replies: 5 views: 256
musikwerks 9th November 2008

Does anybody know the difference between these two TC Helicon voice manipulators? I went to the website and both descriptions...

soupking
replies: 5 views: 13,648
Silas Holmes 9th November 2008

Hey, I'm about to purchase a Sansamp Psa-1 from a guitarist who plays in a rock band... I've worked in a rehearsal studio once,...

Jackie Moon
replies: 3 views: 881
Jackie Moon 9th November 2008

Up untill my last project, every band i have ever tracked has enjoyed themselves and been happy with the outcome. But my last...

tfenton
replies: 4 views: 600
Makinithappen 9th November 2008
replies: - views: -
bcgood 9th November 2008

I am a bit curious about how you other Korby Kat users have in your signal chain? Is there a preamp/compressor, which is the...

drumrec.com
replies: 0 views: 580
drumrec.com 9th November 2008

I noticed that I hear differently every day. Usually, if it is low pressure and bad weather, I hear less high frequencies and...

sound_forward
replies: 24 views: 1,383
A4722 9th November 2008

I am at a loss as to why this curve effects the way people mix albums today? Glenn.

glenn Taylor
replies: 8 views: 1,269
glenn Taylor 9th November 2008

hey guys, i just got an 003 console to make edit's etc. at home. i'm already running into issues as i'm welcomed back to the...

dhiltonlittle
replies: 5 views: 6,056
dhiltonlittle 9th November 2008

dunno.. mebbe bc its my first high end piece, mebbe its bc im so familiar with the tone, but EVERYTHING that i put up against it...

Umlaaat
replies: 31 views: 3,000
andychamp 9th November 2008

Hey im currently looking to change preamp for my main vocal mic U87ai. I have a Focusrite isa 220(w digital out) and I find it...

Nikbeat
replies: 14 views: 1,950
ujka 9th November 2008

Hello Slutz, I have a Sebratron coming and wanted to know what considerations you guys take when racking it. Do you leave...

Don Hearl
replies: 3 views: 886
Don Hearl 9th November 2008

OK, this isn't a thread on helping me choose because I just got my Pacifica about a month ago and wanted to post some GR vs PAC...

camerondye
replies: 35 views: 4,308
camerondye 9th November 2008

how do they get that breathy nice sound of his voice, apart from his actual voice and low singing. there must be some special...

hearteh
replies: 2 views: 3,926
huub 9th November 2008

I was really interested in getting one of the two a Dual Mono or a Dual Vocal Combo by Langevin. I heard numerous times that the...

Gibripper75
replies: 4 views: 3,362
Ken Walker 9th November 2008

I'm contemplating the idea of buying the Anamod 660. I don't know much about the original Fairchild 660 compressor. It is best...

khai
replies: 15 views: 1,326
Dean Roddey 9th November 2008

I'm being asked how much I would charge to do a custom Rock song for a movie. I don't think I should go below $1000. It's the...

mbradzick
replies: 25 views: 4,341
SabeR 9th November 2008

Hi. Whenever I hear old movie previews their is a certain sound its bassy and sounds like makeup gain from some old compressor...

firby
replies: 10 views: 1,405
Chaellus 9th November 2008

Due to that the Lexicon MX200 only has jack inputs, and I'm going to use it with tracking, I wondered. Do I loose quality when...

Mixbuster
replies: 5 views: 803
psycho_monkey 9th November 2008

My friend just bought a tascam 122 and was looking to set it up with the cubase disk that came with it, everytime we try to...

TUB07876
replies: 2 views: 682
kit 9th November 2008

First off, please don't morph this into a TG2 vs Pacifica thread. I'm just interested in what you would choose and why if you...

guittarzzan
replies: 7 views: 2,503
TonyBelmont 9th November 2008

Hi there, I've had the genies about 5 years now and find them pretty harsh at times and I'm not sure about the bottom end at...

NYMo
replies: 14 views: 2,608
Greg Curtis 9th November 2008

does anyone know where i can find the VU's for the 104 mixer of the system 100? mine just burnt out and my tech said they're very...

spaceman_west
replies: 1 views: 829
Steffmo 8th November 2008

Just wanted to sing the praises of the current vocal chain I've been using for the past 8 days or so. Here it is: Amazing...

Benmrx
replies: 2 views: 925
Bob Amirian 8th November 2008

I have had the AKG K240 headphones for a couple of months now and I have a question for those of you who have used them or use...

KingDiamond
replies: 32 views: 8,714
Shim 8th November 2008

Anyone who uses a BCM 10 out there? How you use it in your set up? Just for tracking? Does the bcm10 have a "sound" of...

HonkyTonk
replies: 0 views: 894
HonkyTonk 8th November 2008

I have just tried to attach a SM57 to a Beyer Dynamic GST 500 mic stand, using the mic clip supplied with the mic. Unfortunately,...

MrNobody
replies: 4 views: 790
MrNobody 8th November 2008

What frequnecy should the Low-pass setting be on my subwoofer when monitoring hip hop music. I know Purists would say it all...

ClaudioAudio
replies: 0 views: 626
ClaudioAudio 8th November 2008

Does anyone knows if SSL plans to bring a new 4 or 6 slot Mynx soon to the market? I have a feeling that it may happen since...

G-Spot
replies: 3 views: 1,084
[email protected] 8th November 2008

I read an article where was written its best to leave any effects on master and to do mixdown for vocal recording , because that...

gore
replies: 2 views: 593
warhead 8th November 2008

Hey folks! A guy is selling his Midas Venice 240 (in good cond) for about 400€. Should I buy it? I don`t know if I need it...

Kim Bjäle
replies: 2 views: 3,563
Jimbo 8th November 2008

So I'm thinking; what's the point in me buying all this gear when I could just go to a studio, just like that other thread said....

MikeTSH
replies: 7 views: 814
dhiltonlittle 8th November 2008

I was thinking about getting a TC Helicon VoiceWorks for vocal harmonies and then purchase an expression pedal. Is there...

soupking
replies: 4 views: 2,052
Unclenny 8th November 2008

Hello, I saw a soundtracs spa 3200 for sale I know nothing about this gear. I would use for studio, besides it is for live. ...

ecolleno
replies: 1 views: 1,226
zoro 8th November 2008

Can this just be connected using a 1/4 (unbalanced cable) to XLR? If not what is the best option to get pro results? For...

Lazer Toms
replies: 5 views: 877
Texum 8th November 2008

Hi all, I'm gonna be working on the road and I can't bring the m49 in my backpack... ;-) Anyone got a suggestion on a great...

epicentre
replies: 0 views: 749
epicentre 8th November 2008

Hello. I'm new to the forum, and it looks like a great place to find and share information. So, I have a question or two and I...

[email protected]
replies: 0 views: 923
[email protected] 8th November 2008

I have an original Groove Tubes Model 3 mic. I really like the sound of it, but has a lot of self noise. I've tried lots of...

Eganmedia
replies: 2 views: 1,491
LAstudio 8th November 2008

If I'm crunched for time I'll use and SM7B for male vocals. It isn't always the best, but it never sucks. Ditto the KSM44. I...

dannygold
replies: 3 views: 739
numrologst 8th November 2008

Today, in a song I'm producing, I INTENTIONALLY used a gated reverb on the snare. It sounds like a gated reverb on the snare. On...

Bounce
replies: 3 views: 710
Bounce 8th November 2008

Greetings, Sorry if this is a silly question to some, but in doubt here... Can you feed another pre´s input from another...

2deep2112
replies: 15 views: 956
SK1 8th November 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search