The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Just woundering..But how is the market for hard/death metal doing today?

Shabo
replies: 215 views: 14,210
James Meeker 20th October 2008

AC vs DC

There are sometimes problems with alternating current. So why not power some rack gear with car batteries. This should be the...

Flying_Dutchman
replies: 77 views: 3,563
Ken Paul 20th October 2008

What the title says. Im lookin for an eq that does great on everything.

Ahellam
replies: 30 views: 4,057
bgrotto 20th October 2008

At AES last year I checked out the various Fairlight DAW/Controller setups. To me, it seemed to be the closest to a...

Tibbon
replies: 23 views: 2,026
GilWave 20th October 2008

I'm considering picking up a quad of Telefunken ECC83 and a pair of Ampex ECC82s for my Tube Tech MP1A. What is considered a...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 0 views: 1,071
Sean Sullivan 20th October 2008

Seems like a silly stupid question.....but I have the next 2 weeks booked to mix a record of nothing more than Lead vox and BG...

ron florentine
replies: 12 views: 1,349
Sigma 20th October 2008

I’m particularly picky with subasses. I have decent sub (velodine) with my focals twin. In stereo, I normally redirect the...

marcan
replies: 11 views: 898
marcan 20th October 2008

I made a little quiz, 13 questions (there's a 10 minutes time limit). Have fun. cooge Take Quiz: So... you think you're a...

Lagerfeldt
replies: 102 views: 5,970
Lagerfeldt 20th October 2008

Any EQ/compression/reverb/delay... tips when it comes to mix lead guitars and solos in a track ?

SLy_drums
replies: 3 views: 1,137
IntenseJim 20th October 2008

I moved to a 2 bedroom apartment and I just ordered a MBP and Apogee Duet. I need a pair of monitors for this setup. I have about...

bchamorro
replies: 6 views: 2,544
Jose Mrochek 20th October 2008

Good evening everyone. I'm in a situation here, so I'm gonna consult you all. I have a need to pick up some versatile overhead...

Akoppenheffer
replies: 4 views: 708
Akoppenheffer 20th October 2008

Hi I currently use a EMU 1616m on my home recording set up and it has a great sound to it... but I am useing amp sims that don't...

Tunes 666
replies: 0 views: 581
Tunes 666 20th October 2008

Does such a thing exist? I need some shaker loops for a project I'm working on and my current selection is somewhat thin on the...

semtek
replies: 2 views: 1,329
semtek 20th October 2008

Hey, boys. Just curious as to what everyone is doing these days to make their DI synth/keys tracks better . I'm a little tired of...

AntillesSound
replies: 2 views: 647
Reptil 20th October 2008

I am in the process of recieving some 500 series modules and have decided upon the Averill racks. Just wondering if I should go...

C/G
replies: 15 views: 7,507
Zach P 20th October 2008

Apogee Duet owners, whats your LDC mic of choice?

bchamorro
replies: 1 views: 844
007 20th October 2008

hello where i can fid some audio clips about chameleon? except the one in yheir web site i've also heard some one here on...

mattianlaseppia
replies: 3 views: 1,168
prslespaul 20th October 2008

looking to start re-amping. i know they sell an original reamp and radial sells a reamp kit. what are you guys using. ...

fuzzyguitars
replies: 6 views: 938
jmp72 20th October 2008

Considering something fresh. Just got a u67 and 1073 and looking for something new to track vocals with. I have an 1176 and an...

James Lugo
replies: 39 views: 4,568
Jamz 20th October 2008

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew a good website that explained Audio Terminology (sort of like a Dictionary). say for example...

dylansmale
replies: 1 views: 476
TocaLaGuitara 20th October 2008

Hi Everyone, Can someone identify the microphone in this youtube clip, around the 0:44 mark of the song on the attached youtube...

sanjari
replies: 5 views: 724
sanjari 20th October 2008

*********************************************************************************** hehhehheh

Sigma
replies: 2 views: 766
TocaLaGuitara 20th October 2008

Hi, One of my Sifam VU get stuck at minimum level and I need to feed that channel hard in order to move the needle, then works...

AMIEL
replies: 6 views: 747
AMIEL 20th October 2008

Does anyone know some good examples of songs or albums that do a good job of bringing volume and dynamics up as they progress to...

bringmewater
replies: 10 views: 1,449
author 19th October 2008

Hello, Heres the deal. I play strictly acoustic, but I use a few effects. One being gain. I've been playing a tech21 GT II. I...

slowjett
replies: 0 views: 541
slowjett 19th October 2008

I've just finished recordings of pop-jazz band. Good players overall. The only thing is that at times they just play too soft....

Outlaw Hans
replies: 0 views: 933
Outlaw Hans 19th October 2008

Hey... I'd like some input on what some of you think are great recordings where you can really hear the room. Mostly I'm...

russchapman
replies: 29 views: 1,946
khai 19th October 2008

I have done voice work for 30 years and understand that knowing how to work a mic is the most important part of the equation. I...

George Michael
replies: 6 views: 703
AntillesSound 19th October 2008

Hi There, I just bought a dbx160x through hellbay, unpacked it tonight, and plugged it just to see the ratio and threshold...

eman kayker
replies: 8 views: 815
eman kayker 19th October 2008

I find myself needing to shrink wrap 400 CD jewel cases by November 1st. I've got a deadline and a budget, which is in desparate...

Corran
replies: 0 views: 3,028
Corran 19th October 2008

I'm about to try to fashion a pair of decouplers for my new speaker stands/new speakers ( adam A7's, soon to arriving next week...

LSProductions
replies: 3 views: 2,300
decibike 19th October 2008

Regardless of which compressor I use the low bass notes on the bass guitar always seem to be too loud. Does anyone have some...

bringmewater
replies: 6 views: 3,236
allencollins 19th October 2008

i'm trying to find a pot for my moog 3 band EQ. any ideas where i can get one. very surprising how hard it is to find. any leads...

spaceman_west
replies: 2 views: 693
Jim Williams 19th October 2008

OK, I've searched/read virtually ALL comments here on GS/PSW/etc. on this mic. Some comments say they sound very nice on acoustic...

PlugHead
replies: 47 views: 4,475
PlugHead 19th October 2008

Ok so I have an acoustic electric, electric, and reg acoustic guitars. I am looking into buying a macbook or pro and need to...

awessing
replies: 5 views: 939
_Morph_ 19th October 2008

Hi! I need to buy a set of speakers that I will not need to replace. A set that will work well once I move from my small room...

boredoftherings
replies: 44 views: 7,593
NoisyNarrowBand 19th October 2008

Hello everyone, A few weeks ago i started to record what's missing on my band's CD and i came accross one problem. When i...

jangoux
replies: 11 views: 11,084
Mr. Liszt 19th October 2008

- so, I've had my 2 UA 6176's for a while now. Wanted to try something else and got the 1073 DPD and a mix splitter so I could...

Peter Stengaard
replies: 1 views: 1,084
adisc 19th October 2008

Is there a way to bypass all plugins in Peak 6 at once? I would like to be able to hear what all of my plugins are doing versus...

aleatoric
replies: 1 views: 542
aleatoric 19th October 2008

I have always used Digital Performer. Even in school, i took the PT classes. It was cool. Always stuck with DP. I can work in...

Hamburg58
replies: 155 views: 8,609
ambiguity 19th October 2008

I have a soundelux U99B and my second shockmount for this mic is falling apart. are there any good 3rd party options that might...

jonnymac
replies: 5 views: 1,032
Croaker 19th October 2008

I had a salesman tell me the summing was better in pro tools than say nuendo. That my uad 1176 would sound more like the real...

jeff4h
replies: 8 views: 807
BlueSprocket 19th October 2008

i may need a studio to freelance out of in the nyc/ brooklyn area i currently live in bsoton, am closing my studio, and have...

Shane Michael Rose
replies: 2 views: 669
Shane Michael Rose 19th October 2008

Will 192khz end up on the back burner like LaserDisc??mezed just curious. What will be the next bit rate standard...

nukmusic
replies: 7 views: 1,374
travisbrown 19th October 2008

I have been doing some research and think the Randall MTS would be a great choice for me. I sure hope it lives up to the hype...

barryjohns
replies: 14 views: 1,767
planet red 19th October 2008

Hi again, I'm looking for a nice outboard reverb to complement my plugins (I have altiverb, tl space, csr and a few more). But I...

littlenemo
replies: 1 views: 832
justakid 19th October 2008

I'm putting my band back together. It's a continuation of what I had started many years ago. I had a great "business...

henryrobinett
replies: 5 views: 5,197
ebot9000 19th October 2008

I want an affordable outboard delay, and I can't decide between these three. The SDE 1000 is the more affordable, is the PCM41...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 6 views: 3,211
redroom 18th October 2008

Where's the best place to buy xlr cable with solid silver center? The same type of cable found in zoalla and vovox cables? Thanks

rambelam
replies: 13 views: 1,322
BOWIE 18th October 2008

so it occured to me that the easiest place for me to judge a mix is in my car stereo since ive been listening to it for a good 5...

s34nsm411
replies: 3 views: 2,160
s34nsm411 18th October 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search