The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all, this is my first post in Gearslutz! I am writing songs, mostly to be performed and recorded (elsewhere) by professional...

Noelb
replies: 1 views: 697
gearaddict 1st November 2008

My studio partner bought both of these machines at an estate auction. We can't decide which to keep. We could get more money back...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 5 views: 2,109
The Reel Thing 1st November 2008

If all DAWs are the same and they all add digits in identical fashion (Hey it's only addition right?), WHY DO WE care when...

no ssl yet
replies: 23 views: 1,867
bandorr 1st November 2008

Sorry if this is in the wrong place and/or a stupid question but I was wondering if having an inexpensive mixing board (i.e....

John D
replies: 1 views: 635
psycho_monkey 1st November 2008

Ok.. So what does word clocking do exactly? Does it make that much difference? What would be examples of the audible difference...

adoucette
replies: 1 views: 641
DannyMac 1st November 2008

no kidding. if thats an easy game for you, don´t hesitate. make up a concrete plan with all nescessary parts, calaculate a...

Niv
replies: 13 views: 2,205
big country 1st November 2008

Basically a thread to share unconventional tracking/mixing techniques! We've all heard of some odd ones i.e - mics lodged in...

FETHead
replies: 4 views: 646
jval 1st November 2008

I have a Tascam 32 2 track analog machine. I know that the capstan motor needs to be replaced. I was wondering if anyone knew...

jasonmcclain
replies: 1 views: 816
shaddai 1st November 2008

Hello there I have been recording in pro tools HD 2 system with a 192 interface for a few years now. Pop ,Rap, Blues bands and...

glenn Taylor
replies: 4 views: 1,094
Audiop 1st November 2008

Why is it so cheap? Oh and this one With this second one, what version of PT would that be compatible with?

MikeTSH
replies: 2 views: 656
leebridges 1st November 2008

I/m working on a song right now and I can Sooooo hear a 80s Scrorpion etc style snare. Im being lazy....would any one of you...

mdjice
replies: 3 views: 977
mdjice 1st November 2008

I'm thinking more in terms of large format console mixing rather than hybrid/ITB. For your average dense modern rock mix done by...

sage691
replies: 6 views: 1,137
thethrillfactor 1st November 2008

Does anyone know where to aquire new reverb patches for the TL Space Reverb? I figure there has got to be some great ones...

Ken Lewis
replies: 18 views: 2,307
Jus 1st November 2008

so as i design my new mix room i am coming up with a problem. its a small room, and putting a computer monitor between my...

Shane Michael Rose
replies: 3 views: 1,015
Shane Michael Rose 1st November 2008

Does any body know a studio running 2x 16 track 2 inch decks synced up? I am very interested in this. I am about to set this up...

fishbucket
replies: 6 views: 938
Drumsound 1st November 2008

Hi. Off the bat, I'd like to introduce myself as someone who's very new to synthesizers. I kind of like the trancy-dancy...

Deviantmusic
replies: 4 views: 803
HUMAN 1st November 2008

I've been looking for information about the RQD-6400 on google and on the forums here, and i cant find much. I'm interested in...

larry b
replies: 1 views: 1,739
larry b 1st November 2008

Well my recording equipment is in a bit of a need for an upgrade and I just got on the 500 series band wagon and do plan before...

Mad John
replies: 21 views: 1,198
pashatom 31st October 2008

i've been listening to alot of deftones recently and the snare sound (especially on some of the newer stuff) goes on for days....

Colossal
replies: 31 views: 6,662
Keire 31st October 2008

I posted this earlier today on the Remote forum, but I figured here might get some more exposure, so sorry for the double post....

TocaLaGuitara
replies: 2 views: 845
psycho_monkey 31st October 2008

I'm mixing a very dramatic ballad where the producer is asking me for very long delay/reverb. I'm talking about that effect that...

insomnio
replies: 4 views: 843
insomnio 31st October 2008

Hi, I just got a Brent Averill Lunchbox, installed the my two APIs 512c and when I turn the power supply on, ALL the VU leds on...

G-Spot
replies: 4 views: 1,102
G-Spot 31st October 2008

I understand that S/PDIF has no defined bitrate and is probably only limited by physical things like cable and the copper...I've...

samuelaudio
replies: 6 views: 9,726
dbbubba 31st October 2008

Is it sidechaining? Listen to "ships in a bottle' by Butch Walker here MySpace.com - butch walker - the durrty, GEORGIA -...

adoucette
replies: 17 views: 1,608
Neon Heart 31st October 2008

Hey guys. I just picked one up but am still a bit uncertain of how it should be used. They say on the website that it can be...

wakestyle
replies: 5 views: 2,445
Johnny Favorite 31st October 2008

I'm looking for some advice on which direction I should go to improve my setup. I'll give a list here of what I'm working with...

museic
replies: 9 views: 802
Ethan Winer 31st October 2008

It looks like I'm going to be here longer than expected. Where do you go to buy mid-level pro audio gear in New Zealand? I'm...

Reproman
replies: 12 views: 376
Zorran 31st October 2008

Hi fellow GS'er's I'm midway through a project with a 3-piece band, two girls and a guy. They are nice people and one of them is...

limey222
replies: 18 views: 1,135
u b k 31st October 2008

How many times have you tracked a band, especially heavy or hard core metal, and given them a free scratch mix full of L2's,...

chrysb93065
replies: 37 views: 2,434
Recycled_Brains 31st October 2008

1.) What are your plans? 2.) What are you dressing up as? 3.) What cruel thing will you do to the kids that knock on your...

FlatBeat
replies: 0 views: 570
FlatBeat 31st October 2008

I'm new to active monitors. What cable is best to use from the passive monitor source to the speakers? 2 conductor balanced? Can...

somsto75
replies: 2 views: 832
somsto75 31st October 2008

This question has been bugging me… does 44.1k versus 96k really matter…. Is the difference really substantial…...

cephas
replies: 48 views: 3,086
wildpark 31st October 2008

Where oh where is echo boy VST ? Anybody have any info, I'm jonesing for a great delay boing

henge
replies: 0 views: 579
henge 31st October 2008

I've been reading a few GS threads and have found it seems microphones with high frequency response work well with tape at low...

soupking
replies: 7 views: 812
dbbubba 31st October 2008

hey there. i've recently purchased a cutec adl 5 analogue delay. it seems this pedal is pretty damn obscure and i was wondering...

Drool
replies: 5 views: 1,969
Gomez 31st October 2008

I am now one of those guys who doesn't own a console, so I'm looking for a piece of furniture to use as the centerpiece of my new...

hollywood_steve
replies: 1 views: 1,867
Theseus 31st October 2008

When my record is done, I want to start playing live as soon as I can. I know a lot of people who don't have backing bands will...

ryst
replies: 11 views: 829
mrhenry76 31st October 2008

I was thinking since I have Protools LE and I am not planning to get HD anytime soon if ever, what would you guys think of the...

Crown P
replies: 22 views: 1,866
Texum 31st October 2008

I'm working on a project right now where there's a few songs where there really isn't suppose to be a lead vocal, but more of a...

Benmrx
replies: 0 views: 622
Benmrx 31st October 2008

I've been thinking about purchasing the Audient ASP 8024 console. Does anyone know the amount of time it takes between placing...

yellowcouch
replies: 1 views: 2,205
steve_flower 31st October 2008

Chris Shaw, Dylan's engineer for "Love and Theft" and Modern Times, gave a recent interview in Uncut. He described a...

blueshowdoyoudo
replies: 26 views: 4,469
vernier 31st October 2008

anyone know anything about this console good bad average ?

jeff4h
replies: 3 views: 1,234
markus enochson 31st October 2008

I posted the following over on DUC and am puzzled that I've gotten no replies. I would think this would be a simple issue for...

Manyrains
replies: 3 views: 747
drBill 31st October 2008

So I know Tchad Blake and a couple other producers are known for placing microphones in different lengths of PVC pipes to attain...

BlytheRocks
replies: 0 views: 513
BlytheRocks 31st October 2008

Someone out there has to know where I could get a replacement motor for a Roland Space Echo right?!?! I've got a good working 501...

museic
replies: 3 views: 1,497
museic 31st October 2008

Anyone happen to know what sort of gear they've got on that place? No info on the website, not sure if anyone has been there or...

aermotor
replies: 1 views: 1,291
aermotor 31st October 2008

so i recently just mixed a record that turned out being the best mixes i've done.. now i'm mixing another record and i'm having a...

jsswtpmp182
replies: 5 views: 717
Mr.HOLMES 31st October 2008

The guy we were going to use fell through. Need a replacement. Looking for Soprano preferably, but could get by with alto if need...

jayfrigo
replies: 6 views: 1,557
jayfrigo 31st October 2008

Here are my thoughts: The GarageBand Library that comes with Logic 8 is useless. I can make a better kick drum sound with my...

dylansmale
replies: 3 views: 1,256
Mr.HOLMES 31st October 2008

I have a mini-me running thru spidf and out to a mini dac. This is on an 002R. I also have a bla 2 channel preamp into a sparrow...

eddiesound
replies: 0 views: 543
eddiesound 31st October 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search