The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByReverb.com
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

There are so many different skin types (ones that resonate longer-shorter, ones that are more durable, etc) What applications...

dylansmale
replies: 6 views: 1,137
Grumblefoot 2nd November 2008

I know its all variable but I just need a start.Im trying to record bass for a "organic hiphop" project.I want a thick...

skiroy
replies: 2 views: 770
Unclenny 2nd November 2008

Hey 'slutz. My Event TR6 monitors has a level control for volume at the back. Which option is the "best"? 1) To run the...

Mixbuster
replies: 5 views: 673
Colonel Blues 2nd November 2008

I'm really getting tired of every company out there emulating old analog gear. Do we really need emulations of every classic...

Jorg
replies: 57 views: 3,675
noiseflaw 2nd November 2008

Hey Guys - I just got an Apogee Duet - does anyone else find the outputs to be pretty noisy? Like hard drive noise from the...

Dave12345
replies: 9 views: 2,120
DJ Beanfunk 2nd November 2008

Whats up, So their new album destroys "Dear Science" The music is fantastic and havent been impressed with...

dzara 4
replies: 12 views: 4,469
mr jkn 2nd November 2008

Here's the list Condenser - Neumann TLM-49 Audio Technica 4050,4047, 2x ATM-450 Rode - Rode NT5(matched pair), NT-1a MXL -...

therodstu
replies: 9 views: 940
Cameron Johnson 2nd November 2008

What bass roll off filters and set to what frequencies do you use when you mix rock, pop, and blues music? I recently worked...

glenn Taylor
replies: 1 views: 1,288
picksail 2nd November 2008

Hi, I use the duet for all my ADDA. Given that it's only two channels I always thought I was limited to plugins--of which I...

edwardsean
replies: 1 views: 1,193
edwardsean 2nd November 2008

Hello there, I have a couple of mixing questions. I will start with the How to get the drums in your face tricks. I am working...

glenn Taylor
replies: 15 views: 1,585
glenn Taylor 2nd November 2008

I was not sure where else to put this... but has the industry really come to this? get $200 for me to record your full demo

thesteve
replies: 4 views: 998
Cameron Johnson 2nd November 2008

I have recently used a bleberry baby bottle and a blue bird.I think they are good mics.Im curious as to what you would use them...

skiroy
replies: 3 views: 808
bgrotto 2nd November 2008

I just ordered one! Anyone hear it yet. I had credit at Front End Audio and decided to rock one! I love the whole new ATM...

Nu-tra
replies: 7 views: 3,329
Nu-tra 2nd November 2008

Hi Guys, I have to send the Chiswick Reach compressor back to the hire co. on monday. I know for sure the artist I have been...

recall
replies: 4 views: 1,760
recall 2nd November 2008

I will spend most of August in Chicago and I'm planning on buying the following equipment: True Systems P-SOLO (preamp) Studio...

25or6to4
replies: 13 views: 1,925
Entrainer 1st November 2008

Hey all, Right now I got a pair of Tascam VL-X5's. Decent speakers just a horrible bass response. I think just adding some...

chemicalwinter
replies: 0 views: 749
chemicalwinter 1st November 2008

Well My first session started at 10.30 am and ended at 1.45pm this morning...then I got another right after from 2pm until 7.30...

mdjice
replies: 55 views: 2,293
Steffmo 1st November 2008

Hi, I need a bit of advice on a DAW monitor. I've recently upgrade to a Lynx aurora. Love the sound .. now I just need a little...

jamboy
replies: 1 views: 2,290
RonT 1st November 2008

Hey All I need an Eq for my Vintage Design DMP.. was wondering if a Toft afc2 would work.(cant afford the VD D series...

zoro
replies: 0 views: 642
zoro 1st November 2008

I'm looking into getting another pair of pre's for my home studio. I'm mostly only tracking acoustic, electric, high gain...

guittarzzan
replies: 0 views: 521
guittarzzan 1st November 2008

Hi everyone, Wanted to pick your brains a little bit this morning. In your opinion where do you think a songs vibe and feel...

dzara 4
replies: 50 views: 2,429
GetUpfortheDown 1st November 2008

It's that time of year again. The Autumn light is shinning it's glorious orange warm beams upon us. The leaves are changing color...

bcgood
replies: 21 views: 1,498
bcgood 1st November 2008

I am coming out the main outs of a Mackie Onyx 1620 going into my digi 002. The outs on the Onyx are xlr, selectable mic or line...

bootlegtrader
replies: 0 views: 554
bootlegtrader 1st November 2008

I just got my Firestudio and it is up and running (drivers and all) I am getting perfect latency, but the problem is I can not...

MrJulius
replies: 0 views: 672
MrJulius 1st November 2008

Anyone have a notion of what these VU meters might have been used for? Chase Willett

cww2
replies: 9 views: 938
cww2 1st November 2008

the method is a) tracking (through minimal comp/eq) on tape b) playing (for complete shape by eq/comp) from tape through a/d...

Niv
replies: 13 views: 1,054
u b k 1st November 2008

I have chance to buy old Shure 565 Unidyne.Is this mic suitable for electric guitars?

janek 68
replies: 1 views: 2,724
phaqu 1st November 2008

hi My lynx aurora has broken down recently, and I am sending it back for my repair. My retailer says a large number of auroras...

matt thomas
replies: 43 views: 2,940
jamboy 1st November 2008

Hey guys.I dont really need a mentor but a couple of tips.Im going to school for recording and production.Im in a group of 4 and...

skiroy
replies: 4 views: 722
Infernal Device 1st November 2008

best would be revox, since i love my little a77. but is has no mixer onboard, and analog mixing on small base than 16 track...

Niv
replies: 2 views: 859
PlugHead 1st November 2008

Any recommendations for a 2 channel mic pre for 2000? Im thinking Vintech 273 or UA 2610

adoucette
replies: 13 views: 1,160
Niv 1st November 2008

I am working on a project-had a nightmare session where after tracking drums and bass (great session-awesome drummer/bass player)...

asagaai
replies: 6 views: 620
Niv 1st November 2008

Hello guys. I am 22. Electronic Musician, Italian, currently living in Brazil. I have a degree in Advertising/Marketing but my...

diogodasilva
replies: 4 views: 5,185
Jonathan_H 1st November 2008

is there something like that? i do know the porta 424 from mkII and a few other more expensive trackers had balanced on the...

Niv
replies: 3 views: 889
Niv 1st November 2008

I've had the radioshack meter for awhile. I wanted to use Room EQ Wizard with it and see where my nulls are in my room. My bass...

heisleyamor
replies: 3 views: 1,434
Ethan Winer 1st November 2008

Any drawbacks to the Duende PCIe as opposed to the firewire for running with pro tools? I've not tried the Duende but have read...

Coldsnow
replies: 0 views: 644
Coldsnow 1st November 2008

I have been researching the best external hard drive for my studio, and I am starting to feel a bit confused with all the...

phaedrus
replies: 1 views: 872
Silas Holmes 1st November 2008

Hi all, this is my first post in Gearslutz! I am writing songs, mostly to be performed and recorded (elsewhere) by professional...

Noelb
replies: 1 views: 697
gearaddict 1st November 2008

My studio partner bought both of these machines at an estate auction. We can't decide which to keep. We could get more money back...

Sean Sullivan
replies: 5 views: 2,109
The Reel Thing 1st November 2008

If all DAWs are the same and they all add digits in identical fashion (Hey it's only addition right?), WHY DO WE care when...

no ssl yet
replies: 23 views: 1,866
bandorr 1st November 2008

Sorry if this is in the wrong place and/or a stupid question but I was wondering if having an inexpensive mixing board (i.e....

John D
replies: 1 views: 635
psycho_monkey 1st November 2008

Ok.. So what does word clocking do exactly? Does it make that much difference? What would be examples of the audible difference...

adoucette
replies: 1 views: 640
DannyMac 1st November 2008

no kidding. if thats an easy game for you, don´t hesitate. make up a concrete plan with all nescessary parts, calaculate a...

Niv
replies: 13 views: 2,205
big country 1st November 2008

Basically a thread to share unconventional tracking/mixing techniques! We've all heard of some odd ones i.e - mics lodged in...

FETHead
replies: 4 views: 646
jval 1st November 2008

I have a Tascam 32 2 track analog machine. I know that the capstan motor needs to be replaced. I was wondering if anyone knew...

jasonmcclain
replies: 1 views: 816
shaddai 1st November 2008

Hello there I have been recording in pro tools HD 2 system with a 192 interface for a few years now. Pop ,Rap, Blues bands and...

glenn Taylor
replies: 4 views: 1,093
Audiop 1st November 2008

Why is it so cheap? Oh and this one With this second one, what version of PT would that be compatible with?

MikeTSH
replies: 2 views: 656
leebridges 1st November 2008

I/m working on a song right now and I can Sooooo hear a 80s Scrorpion etc style snare. Im being lazy....would any one of you...

mdjice
replies: 3 views: 977
mdjice 1st November 2008

I'm thinking more in terms of large format console mixing rather than hybrid/ITB. For your average dense modern rock mix done by...

sage691
replies: 6 views: 1,137
thethrillfactor 1st November 2008

Does anyone know where to aquire new reverb patches for the TL Space Reverb? I figure there has got to be some great ones...

Ken Lewis
replies: 18 views: 2,307
Jus 1st November 2008

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search